Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Why not? Keep in mind that in several cases people follow several therapies at the same time. So it might sometimes be difficult to isolate the specific effects of the HBOT.
So one of the reasons you might all be experiencing significant healing is because myelin which was thought initially to just insulate nerve cells actually consumes a significant amount of oxygen and has a serious role in the regulation of healing. In fact in an experiment with a rat scientists were able to heal bone even after severing the nerve cell, what they discovered is that the bone healed 6 days slower than average and during the initial 6 days the myelin sheath. The information is in the book called The Body Electric by Robert O Becker and can be found online in pdf format if anyone wants to read more. I’m slowly working my way through things, but figure we may all want to read this stuff before SHTF cosmically.

A new study published 12 July 2022 in Nature.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy improves neurocognitive functions and symptoms of post-COVID condition: randomized controlled trial

This randomized, sham-control, double blind trial evaluated the effect of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT or HBO2 therapy) on post-COVID-19 patients with ongoing symptoms for at least 3 months after confirmed infection.
[...]
Following HBOT, there was a significant group-by-time interaction in global cognitive function, attention and executive function (d = 0.495, p = 0.038; d = 0.477, p = 0.04 and d = 0.463, p = 0.05 respectively). Significant improvement was also demonstrated in the energy domain (d = 0.522, p = 0.029), sleep (d = − 0.48, p = 0.042), psychiatric symptoms (d = 0.636, p = 0.008), and pain interference (d = 0.737, p = 0.001). Clinical outcomes were associated with significant improvement in brain MRI perfusion and microstructural changes in the supramarginal gyrus, left supplementary motor area, right insula, left frontal precentral gyrus, right middle frontal gyrus, and superior corona radiate. These results indicate that HBOT can induce neuroplasticity and improve cognitive, psychiatric, fatigue, sleep and pain symptoms of patients suffering from post-COVID-19 condition.

That is astonishing! I sure hope you begin to feel better from using it. But please, do NOT overdo it! Softly and gently to start!
Ok, thanks. My idea is to do 60 min sessions, 5 days a week, the first month. If all goes well I might increase the duration a little, if not I'll decrease the duration since I want to do them 5 times a week. We'll see..I'll keep you posted.

We actually were looking at a soft inflatable chamber from Austria, that can provide a pressure of 1.8 ATA or 2.0 ATA, but we thought they were too expensive. AHA Hyperbarics GmbH I didn't write down the cost, but it was about twice the Macy-pan cost I think.
More. I believe 1.8 was around 50,000 US and 2.0 was 70,000 US. So definitely out of range of most people's budgets.

We're thinking about buying a Macy Pan hard shell 2.0 ATA. For those who bought a Macy Pan chamber please send me your first name, family name and your country in PM. We want to use this information as a negotiation lever. Thanks!

Did you guys get a paper user manual in your delivery? I can't find one nor on their website.
I did not. I just followed the video links that they sent me. The quick assembly one really helped. They weren’t highly specific but I managed to put two and two together.

There was a pdf file for “user manual”, but not assembly. There was no paper

They may have more instructions they can send you if you ask them. Then you can print them out. I can help too if you have the ST702 model if you think it may be a little difficult.

I did not. I just followed the video links that they sent me. The quick assembly one really helped. They weren’t highly specific but I managed to put two and two together.

There was a pdf file for “user manual”, but not assembly. There was no paper

They may have more instructions they can send you if you ask them. Then you can print them out. I can help too if you have the ST702 model if you think it may be a little difficult.
Ok, I didn't get a pdf file…Yeah, you can figure out the assembly part, but I want to know how and when to use the extra parts, and how the machines work. Can you attach the pdf?

Back
Top Bottom