I wear a mask or not for the purchase of my food -My question for the moment- What is your opinion ?

Where I live I've seen very few shoppers wearing masks up to now, but next week the uk gov has made the rule that everyone must wear them in shops. So I got one just to be able to enter the supermarket.

As others have said I'll probably lower the mask off my nose, but if challenged pull it back up for a while. But most people in the supermarkets that I go to don't really strictly observe the 2 metre rule, they pass each other in the isles like normal. So I don't think there's as many authoritarian followers in my neck of the woods who would complain.

Hello to the Group,

Are there people who live in a place where you are obliged to wear a mask in closed places ? What do you do when you go to the store to buy your food ?
I am aware of the uselessness of the mask. The scientific facts are clear on this. I want to respect my ethics and my freedom but I cannot enter the store without having a mask. I would like your opinion. What do you do if you experience the same thing ?

Thank you for your help

Marc

Some local stores offer now the possibility to order from internet and they will deliver your groceries to your home.

As other said, you have to choose your battle. However, since it is mandatory since last Saturday where I live, I use a mask that allow me to breathe easily. (see picture below)

Attachments

• masque.JPG
    masque.JPG
    888.4 KB · Views: 61
Sigh. It's now mandatory to wear masks at all times or face a $200.00 fine where I live. The World just got a lot worse here. Oh and we have to wear them FOREVER.... or until that stupid killer vaccine comes out that will probably be forced on us. What ARE these pathetic excuses for human beings thinking?

As other said, you have to choose your battle. However, since it is mandatory since last Saturday where I live, I use a mask that allow me to breathe easily. (see picture below)
Good one!

Masks have not been mandated (yet) in my province, and since there are no criteria designs for a mask; never mind they are useless, who is to say a fishnet mask does not serve - who is going to tell you? Put another way (reading in the occupational hygiene professional world), if a person was cutting concrete and being exposed to silica dust (producing possible silicosis) there are studies and chart tables that tell them what kind of mask are acceptable. What is not acceptable would be a P95 cloth filter mask - and the bandana would be laughable. Here we are talking silica particulates in a test range from 14 nm to 673 nm, and not biological hazard in the 8 -120 nm range (for the corona-bologna) and with not a shred of mask evidence for efficacy, with plenty to show masks cause harm. Thus, the prescriptive level for silica dust exposure would be a fit-tested rubber half mask (minimum) with filter screw on cartridges (and be clean shaven if male).

Nope. Forget the above, in news responses there are now parades of 'doctors' to berate the public for not wearing cloth masks to stop a 120 nm particle (I'm still trying to figure out how said particles miraculously survived in the heat of July when in February they said otherwise - I digress). If said doctors had read up on the disease of silicosis, for instance, they might remember that if it was a silica-pandemic of dust, a cloth mask would not ever be acceptable - testwise, so what can one say.

Here is a man at Tim Horton's (doughnut shop) in Quebec being taken down by masked police officers for, well for not wearing a mask - the protests are heating up, too.

When you think about it, if enough people said no way jose, no masks for us, the whole charade would quickly fall apart, and the ptb know it, they know they could never enforce it. It is actually people enforcing it on other people, and they are getting emboldened, by social means rooted in fear (and shop owners are caught in the middle).

In the clip above towards the end, Dr. Bonnie H has now had to come out and (cough) remind the people of BC that wearing a mask, should it be required - hint hint, is no problem. The problem is that Bonnie is being disingenuous, because she is smart and understands gases having worked in the Navy:

"She qualified in diving, as a flight surgeon, and was the only physician in the Canadian fleet at one time on a warship,"

She more than understands biological and chemical warfare, and more then understands what it means to stop a biological particulate. She understands O2 and C02, nitrogen et al. and it is sad to see her here sweeping it all under the rug for Canadians.

Hello to the Group,

Are there people who live in a place where you are obliged to wear a mask in closed places ? What do you do when you go to the store to buy your food ?
I am aware of the uselessness of the mask. The scientific facts are clear on this. I want to respect my ethics and my freedom but I cannot enter the store without having a mask. I would like your opinion. What do you do if you experience the same thing ?

Thank you for your help

Marc
Here in Croatia is an obligation for masks in stores.
I´ve noticed that rarely any employee cover their nose, they have it on their mouth only (at least currently here at the seaside) - so I don´t cover my nose as well.
I´ve got some strange looks from people shopping but I don´t care - clerks didn´t say a word and I just go on with my nose uncovered.
I put the mask on at the entrance and take it off at the exit.

Perhaps if you try like that, leave your nose uncovered, and if somebody complains, try saying you have asthma/sinuses/breathing issues and that you are technically wearing the mask. ;-)
If someone gives you problems, don´t go into argues with this kind of people - it´s not like you´ll spend hours there.....
Go shopping with a list, go to stores you already know where particular things are placed and be done with the shopping in 10mins.

What else to do.... 🤷‍♀️

Alternative is to go to the market and buy stuff there.
On the market you have almost everything out in the open, plus you support little people instead of big corporations.

Good luck! :-)

Personally I'm wearing a very light scarf that is like a "tunnel". Before entering the shop I pull it over my head and wear it, nonetheless at the end below the nose. If someone is having a problem I pull it over my nose. The main problem is - at least here in Germany - that are very high fines if customers enter a shop. The customer would need to pay about 150 € and the shop owner about 5000 €. With that, I don't like to create any trouble for the owner and as written above I have a mask instantly available for use.

I wear my mask under my nose.

I've been challenged once by a Gestapo representative for doing this. That was on an airplane.

I resorted to making her life difficult... I pulled it down and pretended to sleep with my head turned away from the aisle so she couldn't see my face. I wanted to see how far she'd take her newly given enforcer powers... Would she wake me up and demand to see my face? Answer was no... She didn't have such powers. So I pulled it down to my nose when she wasn't around and up when I saw her approach.

In other areas, I pull it down to my nose and no one calls out as they'd have to be following you at all times to see how you are wearing it.

It's becoming a game of cat and mouse.

There's the Gestapo types now that are emerging and these are the ones that'll call you out and demand you have an airtight lock around your face.

I'm also going to start researching mask types... Going to find ones that allow you to breath freely - I saw a guy with one which was essentially open at the top to allow air in - the design looked nifty.

We're now in Nazi Germany... We have to start getting clever. The Gestapo, brown shirts etc are our biggest enemies to our everyday freedom. They are the enforcers until such a point the PTB introduce robots and AI that'll track us at every second.

Masks are mandatory in stores and small shops and in public transportation here in Croatia. I'm wearing one when I have to, on which I wrote "Corona is a fraud". Watching the reactions of others is interesting. Some are cheerful and approving, some are indifferent and some just roll the eyes. Most people are not pleased with "new normal", but still largely obeying the rules. There is also some question raised about sheer legality and unconstitutionality of the decisions made from non elected quasi-political "National crisis HQ" but nothing concrete so far. One thing that I'm noticing is that elderly ladies are much more prone to align with new rules and I'm still figuring why!?!

Hello to the Group,

Thank you for your help

Marc

Why not have your food delivered to your house?

Here I have everything delivered, every local store and grocery can deliver what I want for a small fee and sometime free, so I never have to wear the "mask of submission"™.

Well, I just came from the bank. There is a guard on the entrance that allows only people with masks to enter and keeps a distance. So I put my mask just hanging on my ears when it was my turn to enter. I faked that I am adjusting my mask so I could cover my mouth and nose and in a few steps I entered the bank. Then I just left the mask to hang on my ears bellow my chin. ;-)
Some of the employees in the bank have a mask up to the nose and gloves, some of them just like me, a mask hanging on their ears bellow their chin. It is the same trick for supermarkets. Just be part of the illusion for a second.
These days it is an art to pretend that you are one of "them" so you could just finish what you have to finish and then left them to suffer in their hysteria from this" deadly" virus.
Like others said above, just be wise and choose your battles.

In other areas, I pull it down to my nose and no one calls out as they'd have to be following you at all times to see how you are wearing it.

It's becoming a game of cat and mouse.
Having been to 5 states in US after corona saga started, I would say enforcement varies from location to location, even shop to shop and depends on which party is ruling the State. If one doesn't go into rigid thinking, one can get away without covering the nose most of the time for simple shopping.

It is hard for the people who work for 8 hours with mask and interact with customers. Much harder for the people who wear glasses as they tend to fog. As a whole, people are very sensitive to masks, however they know this is impractical, so violate it as much as possible, though one can get few serious "Look" when you doesn't wear the mask completely.

1. Political: Democratic ruled states are forefront of scaring the hell of people with ever changing the rules with threat of enforcing it . One can't enter the bus or airport or national corporate retailers without masks. Some shops like Walmart even give you mask when you enter. But, once entering the shop, you can see people without the completely covering nose. Teneessee republican govt. said "no masks" overriding local rules, while NJ govt issued travel advisory for the people to self quarantine themselves for 14 days if they travelled from 14 states including North Carolina and Tennessee. It is advisory and no body there to enforce it anyway. At best they can do is put the stickers like this on the airport floor every few feet and appeal to the people's good intentions and remind people who doesn't follow. Small shops has some leverage , so it depends on the owner of the shop - some don't care of mask, but some don't even want you to enter the shop.

WearMask_SaveLifes.jpg

2. At people level: In the shops, where more crowd is there, like in groceries, this seems to be taken more seriously. If the local Govt. says it is NOT mandatory, there is no teeth, so people ignore the violations, but if local Govt. says mandatory, you can get a reminder. But, most does with different level of compliance ( just wear it on mouth etc.) every body violates it when no body is near. If one gets a hot coffee, one can be excused as long as coffee cup is in your hand or so does while eating. Only God knows how it works and whether people have any thinking ability or not. One can see people wearing masks even hiking ,even when local Govt. said "not mandatory"

It all does looks like a "testing of compliance" between the Govt. and people.

Back
Top Bottom