Important Notes on Psychopathy

I'm New to this forum and this is my first post. I'm not sure If I'm a psychopath or If I've been desensitized or If It is Just the Programming from my Time in the Marine Corps. I've ALWAYS known I was different than most people because I don't have that little "Angel" on my shoulder that says "Don't do that" I'm pretty sure I have 2 devils...lol . As far as Morals are concerned I'm a very nice guy and I go out of my way for most people and would give you the shirt off of my back , I'd even take a Bullet for my best friend and If someone I Love is hurt I wish I could take away their pain. But I think I would have a harder time killing say a "deer" than a "person". I Think the Marine Corps did that to me but I've always had a predisposition towards aggression. I have no fear of anything (which isn't good) And I Have an Insane tolerance for pain. Things that bother most people don't affect me at all and I wonder sometimes why people cry about certain things. I've just recently (within the last 2 months) began to see the "Big Picture" and have been trying "Metaprogramming" to some success. I Just happened to read a book called "snakes in suits" about corporate psychopaths and I fit the profile and It scares me.

From what you wrote, assuming they are true, and from the little I know in this area, I don't think you are a psychopath, Mkultra. A psychopath would never wonder whether they are one, and never take a bullet for someone else, etc. That said, however, I think you have some pretty big "acquired issues", most probably from your childhood. I think the following books would serve you well:

The Myth of Sanity by Martha Stout
Trapped in the Mirror by Elan Golomb
The Narcissistic Family by Pressman

There is a BIG difference between saying you'd take a bullet and actually doing it.

Talk is cheap, as they say, and not indicative of much.

MK: saying things is rather easy, and there's no quick and easy way of knowing yourself, no matter how much is said externally, or worse, internally.

You've read some books, and fear that some aspects may apply to you. Don't buy into anything just yet, and do further research. The titles provided by H. are very good ones. And there are more, yet.

Keep questing and asking, you've found a great place that'll help you discover things on your own.

Cheers.

Hi all,

A few notes, on all this that I thought I would mention.

1: Saying versus doing, and more importantly, what you say and what you do. I really get irked when people say they would die for this or that, not that I am mad at them, or anything, I am simply irked by it, you know that feeling you get when you hear a record skip? Like that. Everyone wants to die for something but no one wants to live for something. I know this sounds corny, but to me it's a little more profound. Now, everyone dies eventually, and truth is you can't predict or choose how/when you die. This kind of thinking is trying to impose the ego/personality's will on the universe. It's also self tranquilizing, the first thing that comes to my mind when someone starts listing all the things they would die for, "Here is a person truly afraid of dieing." You can't pick your death, well, that is to say you, the ego/personality that has formed throughout your life cannot pick. If you entertain the ego more than is absolutely necessary, you are back paddling, stop it.

2: As to whether or not a psychopath would admit to being a psychopath, never say never. What makes being a psychopath unsavory is semantics, how we understand the term. The broad public semantic understanding of psychopath is romantic and erroneous, psychopaths are the new vampires, and of course, those who are Buffy/Angel fans will certainly see the resemblance between Whedon Vamps and Ponerology Psychopaths.
Still, the idea of psychopaths and psychopathy is semantically perverted by media, quite intentionally, so I wouldn't put it past a psychopath to say he is such, one must always consider what one MEANS by saying a thing, how has he modeled his world? To you, a psychopath is a mountain, to him a molehill etc. I know I am going over into general semantics here, and rightly so, a name is not a thing, and we shouldn't take for granted that the name we use represents the exact same thing as the name someone else uses.

One might even say that psychopaths not only know that they are psychopaths, they are well informed on some level to what they perceive as the benefits of being a psychopath. They might even revel in the idea of being a psychopath to one degree or not.

While I am not saying that our intrepid questioner MKULTRA is or is not, I am simply making some small notes on the conversation.

MKULTRA said:
I have no fear of anything (which isn't good) [...] I Just happened to read a book called "snakes in suits" about corporate psychopaths and I fit the profile and It scares me.
An interesting contradiction. I think you probably meant that you are not afraid of anything "out there," but that something that could be "inside," or rather nebulous, CAN be frightening.

If you read my article on "Official Culture," it might explain how many non-psychopaths are induced to behave psychopathically in order to survive in a pathological social construct.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/official_culture.htm

You may also wish to read the original article from which the above excerpts were taken:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/official_culture.htm

and notice that there are links to many other articles on the left. I would say that the most important thing is to research the subject before labeling yourself a psychopath. Sounds to me more like you have been "conditioned."

MKULTRA said:
I'm New to this forum and this is my first post. I'm not sure If I'm a psychopath
Do any of these characteristics sound familiar? Typically a 'yes' response to several of these traits would lead in that direction.

1. Glibness/superficial charm.
2. Grandiose sense of self-worth.
3. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
4. Pathological lying
5. Conning/manipulative
6. Lack of remorse or guilt
7. Shallow affect
8. Callous/lack of empathy
9. Parasitic lifestyle
10. Poor behavioral controls
11. Promiscuous sexual behavior
12. Early behavior problems
13. Lack of realistic, long-term plans
14. Impulsivity
15. Irresponsibility
16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
17. Many short-term marital relationships
18. Juvenile delinquency
19. Revocation of conditional release
20. Criminal versatility

Hello,

I have no idea whether you are a psychopath or just conditioned by your experiences.... however, I do think that your quote was an interesting choice considering your self questioning: "The secret of man's success resides in his insight into the moods of people, and his tact in dealing with them."

I could be totally "off" in my thinking here. The quote does sound like something a therapist would use/benefit from when dealing with a patient. The only reason i bring it up, is i personally knew a psychopath who seemed to think it a tremendous game to discover then use the "moods" of others to manipulate/charm them. It seems that the emotional qualities eventually became the downfall of the people he used (including me).

Again, I am not suggesting you are or are not a psychopath.....the books mentioned are extremely insightful, and should be of benefit to you.

Amanecer said:
Hello,

I have no idea whether you are a psychopath or just conditioned by your experiences.... however, I do think that your quote was an interesting choice considering your self questioning: "The secret of man's success resides in his insight into the moods of people, and his tact in dealing with them."

I could be totally "off" in my thinking here. The quote does sound like something a therapist would use/benefit from when dealing with a patient. The only reason i bring it up, is i personally knew a psychopath who seemed to think it a tremendous game to discover then use the "moods" of others to manipulate/charm them. It seems that the emotional qualities eventually became the downfall of the people he used (including me).

Again, I am not suggesting you are or are not a psychopath.....the books mentioned are extremely insightful, and should be of benefit to you.
That's a good point. But until MKultra describes what he identifies as "success" and what he understands as "dealing", his byline might actually mean something else entirely.

Azur said:
That's a good point. But until MKultra describes what he identifies as "success" and what he understands as "dealing", his byline might actually mean something else entirely.
Thanks for pointing that out. I totally agree, and had the same thought......I guess it just didn't come out as clearly or completely as i wanted it to!

MKULTRA said:
I'm not sure If I'm a psychopath or If I've been desensitized or If It is Just the Programming from my Time...I Just happened to read a book called "snakes in suits" about corporate psychopaths and I fit the profile and It scares me.
I'm new to this forum too. What I like about it is reading so many posts of self inquiring minds, not the strange voices of minds projecting all evils onto anyone but themselves. It's that sort that disturbs me, even more disturbing is that the latter mind set seems increasingly prevalent, the 'norm' not the exception.

So today my sense of dissonance it reduced hearing a stranger openly express genuine concern over aspects they recognize in themselves. Fewer people seem to want to even "go there" now. As long as there are minds who still can look at themselves with the same critical eye for others, there's hope.

We've all been subject to relentless social engineering all of our lives, as were our parents and grandparents, and all the way back. Everyone's been affected, it's just a matter of degree. It's never been the people who have confided in me things they've done or obsessions they have out of the human need to disclose. I see that's a good way to put support in place when someone wishes to purge their 'demons'. I have had friends who have done things and felt obsessions that can be clinically definable 'psychotic breaks'. But the true psychopath never needs to confide, is never scared of what they've done, and secrecy is second nature. The healthy mind wants to be known by someone else, at least one other human being that knows them as the really are in all their dualities, with real understanding and not judgement. A pathological psychopath has no need to be 'known' at all.

I think that need to be known is also a natural instinct for the survival of the family, community and society. To become aware of actions and thinking or compulsions known to the self to harm others, the desire to 'come clean' is from a concern for the good of others and desire for a healthy community over pure self interest.

atreides said:
As to whether or not a psychopath would admit to being a psychopath, never say never.
I have come across a lot of psychopaths at some stage of my life. It was in jail environment. Some of them were very good friends of mine at that time. I remember one of them (who openly admitted that he is one) saying to me: "I can recognize psychos on the street, all I have to do is to look people in the eyes and I know". So maybe, just maybe there is something in the eyes that normal people are not capable to pick up, something that only they can see, something that only they (psychos) see, something in the way they look at others - I don't know. Mind you at that time I didn't know anything about psychopathy, apart from the hollywood induced view.

Ormond said:
I think that need to be known is also a natural instinct for the survival of the family, community and society. To become aware of actions and thinking or compulsions known to the self to harm others, the desire to 'come clean' is from a concern for the good of others and desire for a healthy community over pure self interest.
Thanks Ormond - I really liked your post. Welcome to the forum!

I've always seen psychos as a sort of sidebar to the real enemy, 4D STS, and wasn't really concerned about them until recently. However, since they seem to cause so much damage, and seem to be an integral component to the MCS, I am a bit curious about psychopaths in general. Perhaps it is mentioned somewhere in the readings that I haven't gotten to, but I am curious about the "metaphysical status" of a psychopath. Now obviously, psychopaths are born with certain brain defects that make them cut throat and extremely self-serving. My question is, where do psychopaths rank on the "cosmic hierarchy?" Are they similar to OPs? Are they highly negative entities that choose bodies with psychopathic problems because it is more conducive to their evolution? Are some of the nastier psychopaths actually 4D STS candidates? By the way, I am interested in spotting the traits of someone who is preparing for 4D STS, because I feel that I will be in contact with many of these people in the future. If the answer is no, what traits are exhibited by a psychopath vs. a 4D STS candidate? Does anyone know, or is this area still under extensive study and refinement? Thanks for your input.

neil said:
By the way, I am interested in spotting the traits of someone who is preparing for 4D STS, because I feel that I will be in contact with many of these people in the future.
Just curious what makes you think this is the case? Also, considering that it is basically impossible to 'spot the OP' - it might be wise to realize that 'spotting 4D STS' candidates might also be rather futile. Educating oneself about psychopathic traits and essential psychopathy can go a long way toward protecting oneself from them , and toward identifying ones own psychopathic (ponerized) tendencies - but since one is observing behavior and not 'essence' it is a slippery slope to assume that clear psychopathic behavior patterns indicate a 'psychopath'.

Time might be much better spent deeply examining ourselves and our own behavior/motivations/programs/buffers - our own machine - than 'spotting the OP/STS/psychopath' - because except in very rare cases, there is simply no way to know for sure. Hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom