Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Started 10 days ago.

1st day morning- 12.5mg Optimox Iodoral, multivitamin, 200mcg selenium, vitamin D3, vitamin B complex.
1st day night - 400mg magnesium glycinate.

2nd day- same as 1st day.
But I didn't felt anything, so...

3rd day morning- 12.5mg iodoral, multivitamin, selenium, vitamin D3, vitamin B complex.
3rd day afternoon- 12.5mg iodoral,
3rd day night- magnesium.

4th day morning- as same as 3rd day morning.
But a single blister that size of pea, appeared on inside of my lower lip, accompanied with painful throbs!
So I decide to go up higher dose.
4th day afternoon- 25mg iodoral.
4th day night- magnesium.

5th day morning- 25mg iodoral, multivitamin, selenium, vitamin D3, vitamin B complex.
Then I felt the pain was decreasing and it was completely gone few days later.
5th day afternoon- 25mg iodoral.
5th day night- magnesium.

Thus, 5th day on I took total 50mg of iodoral per days, and I feel good. My body is full of energy.

Additionally 3 times day unrefined salt with water.
Occasionally take vitamin C.

Carl said:
Also I forgot to test straight potassium iodide - I have a feeling that it might be more effective for some people, men in particular.

Did the muscle testing yesterday. I tested negatively for potassium iodide, along with NAC, B2, B6, and l-tyrosine. And anything more than 1 drop of 10% Lugol's tested negatively. The other cofactors I tested positively for.

Gandalf said:
But as we learnt, we must make sure that we have an opened channel first, otherwise the answers could be not accurate.

Very good book about that :
http://smile.amazon.com/Touch-Health-paperback-John-Thie/dp/087516871X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450293369&sr=8-1&keywords=john+thie

In french : http://www.amazon.ca/SANT%C3%89-PAR-TOUCHER-THIE-JOHN/dp/2813206016/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450293681&sr=8-1&keywords=la+sant%C3%A9+par+le+toucher

I too find that muscle testing can be inaccurate. Can you please explain the bolded sentence above?

There's a positive side effect to the iodine. I have been able to gain around 5 lbs. I'm naturally skinny, even before paleo with tons of carbs!

I did the pendulum and fingers together pull apart testing a day ago and got 4 drops per day, and confirmed with asking 2 and 2.

I figured it wasn't reliable based on what others have said, especially because my own mind can make up things. However, the finger testing and pendulum were the only consistent tests for me as the other tests seem to have less of a dramatic contrast between yes and no.

So I tried another approach to see if its the idea/information or the actual item that matters.

I took 6 small pieces of paper and wrote down numbers on them ( 1, 2 ,3 ,4 , 5, 6 or more)
Then I shuffled them up face down and put them on the floor spread out.
I took each one and did the fingers together- pull apart testing while thinking this many drops per day of 5% lugols.

First run, I got 4.
I waited a bit and did it again. It was close between 4 and 5, but 5 was strongest.
Interesting...

I also wrote down the names of supplements to check on small pieces of paper and did the same, putting them into 2 piles when done testing.
Yes- Tyrosine, Niacidimide, Mag Malate, Selenium, NAC
No- Zinc, mag citrate, B-100 complex

Pashalis said:
Laura said:
It is interesting to notice how many of you are having what are plainly bromine/fluorine/chlorine detox symptoms at fairly low doses.

It is very interesting. Brownstein talks about only 5% of the people he treated had detox symptoms and apparently he dosed many of them quite high from the beginning (12 - 50 mg or higher).

I also started it with a pretty low dose and low and behold, had rather strong detox symptoms right away at the first day. They are getting better now at the third day, I'm still at a fairly low dose but there is definitely somekind of detox still going on. I'll compile a more detailed list/summary about my experience so far, the next couple of days.

It indeed seems like the people here are WAY over that 5% mark in Brownsteins book. Why? What is different with us?

What do many of us have in common that could account for this?

Two things come to mind: paleo/keto diet and smoking. Anything else you can think of, physically speaking?

So maybe, on a diet like we are on, things go a bit different in the iodine department. What, how and why could that be?
Brownstein in the book wrote, "Examples of these goitrogens include: fluoride, perchlorate, bromine, and thiocyanate (from cigarette smoke)." p. 265, 5th ed.

The higher rate of detox reactions may be in part due to higher thiocyanate levels in the body from smoking.

hlat said:
The higher rate of detox reactions may be in part due to higher thiocyanate levels in the body from smoking.

Smoking commercial cigarettes, you mean, that contain cyanide (thiocyanate is its detoxification product), right?

hlat said:

Or not; since it is not confirmed that those who have the reactions are smokers.

Thank you everyone for sharing all your experiences with the protocol, it's so valuable to learn something new each day.

A little update of my own experience with Lugol's (the same low dose each day):

Week 1: muscle and bone pain (detox reaction)
Week 2: no pain, but swelling glands and hot neck
Week 3: no pain, no swelling, but depression for no apparent reason
Week 4: no symptoms

Interesting that during weeks 1 to 3, I haven't smoked at all (had no cravings for tobacco whatsoever), but now that all symptoms are gone, I resumed smoking and really enjoy it.

As others have mentioned, I'm also having vivid dreams each night now. The levels of energy increased: I need less sleep, have less fatigue and more mind clarity.

As for muscle testing, the results have puzzled me a bit. According to it, I don't need NAC, glycine and even B3 (niacin) although my cholesterol level is high. Perhaps it's because I've been taking all of them for quite some time and just don't need them anymore.

But I do need magnesium malate, B1, B6, B12, vit C, selenium, zink, ALA and spirulina. Very interesting, will experiment further.

And in case it could be useful for those who hate the taste of salty water: since I've changed my previous one for Guérande salt, I'm now really enjoying the taste of it. :)

It indeed seems like the people here are WAY over that 5% mark in Brownsteins book. Why? What is different with us?

Two things come to mind: paleo/keto diet and smoking. Anything else you can think of, physically speaking?

Bloodlines? And their relation to critters??

Small update

I am finishing 2nd week and I am sort of surprised that I still do not have much detox reactions.
I am currently on a 6 drops of my home made Lugol (5gr I / 10gr KI / 100ml distilled water )
I did 7 drops for a while but it sorta twisted my bowel to say it lightly :D
What is important is to choose PROPER MAGNESIUM supplement - Through experiments Ive found that Magnesium Citrate works best for me.

What I noticed so far.

- better cold handling
- psoriasis declining heavily
- fungal infections declining strongly - but I had single days when it hit back, things like itchy scalp because of dandruff or typical candida itchy symptoms however it passes day after - again , I gotta stick to proper diet more
- often unexpected power outages and surpluses

I wonder if I should try going to 10-15 drops per serving

Also I would like to add in reply to :

That would be the B3 niacin flush. It has been recommended somewhere in this thread to take the Niacinamide no flush instead. I know that flush can be a little uncomfortable. Been there. :shock:

From what I remember this flush is crucial for body detox since it broadens capillary veins so toxins could get into bloodstream and go to liver.
Taking proper Niacin (the one that gives flushes) for a longer period is less uncomfortable. Only first couple of days are heavy at least thats what Ive found. I think thats because acumulated toxins are removed over time so obviosly there are less toxins after a while.

T.C. said:

My money's on the paleo / keto diet.
Starch "eats" iodine (iodine molecules are built into the spiral structure of amylase chain), so there is little or nothing to the body. Therefore, higher doses are necessary.

Kika said:
T.C. said:

My money's on the paleo / keto diet.
Starch "eats" iodine (iodine molecules are built into the spiral structure of amylase chain), so there is little or nothing to the body. Therefore, higher doses are necessary.

It is true that starch and iodine (not iodide) binds, but once the starch is digested the iodine is released so there should be no problem with that. Anyway it is better to avoid to take the lugol's near the food.

thanks for your replies, as suggested I'll read through this thread and keep moving forward.

I do find that at times the threads within this site to be somewhat confusing and maybe this is part of the journey (at least for me) to work through it and gain the knowledge. This is not intended as a criticism, just my experience. I've been investing time, reading the articles Laura & team have at Cassiopeia.org, along w/ the transcripts and also using Sott.net as my primary source for news, information and as a place to go to find out what is going since around 2010. I believe I found the Cassiopeia.org site after reading Gregg Braden's book, walking between the worlds - the science of compassion.. I've experienced synchronicity, joy, laughter, amazement, sadness and had fun engaging the information. Clearly today I felt the need and or desire to share or express my thoughts, thank you all -

Vitamin B3(Niacin)

livescience.com
Don't Take Niacin for Heart Health, Docs Warn- July 16, 2014.

The warning comes following recent evidence showing the vitamin does not reduce heart attacks or strokes, instead is linked to an increased risk of bleeding, diabetes and death.

Researchers now say the vitamin shouldn't even be prescribed anymore.

" there might be one excess death for every 200 people we put on Niacin" said Dr. Donald Lloyd-Jones, a cardiologist and chair of preventive medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.

Niacin was also linked with more hospitalization among diabetic patients and the development of diabetes in people who didn't have it at the beginning of the study.

Cbsnews.com
Taking Niacin for the Heart may pose serious Health Risks- July 17 2014.

More than 700,000 prescriptions for Various Niacin drugs are written each month in the U.S.

The larger of the two studies tested Tredaptive-a Merck & Co. Combo of niacin and an anti-flushing medicine-in nearly 26,000 people already taking a Statin.
Full results confirm there was a 9 percent increase in the risk of death for those taking the drug.

The drug brought higher rates of gastrointestinal and muscle problems, infections and bleeding.

The consistency of the results on studies testing multiple types of niacin.

Siberia said:
As others have mentioned, I'm also having vivid dreams each night now. The levels of energy increased: I need less sleep, have less fatigue and more mind clarity.

Interesting; I'm catching up with the thread and now that you mention this, I did have a vivid dream shortly after starting the protocol about Laura and the crew (first time it ever happened that I recall), but I haven't had any other such dreams since.

I'm currently taking 2 drops of 12% Lugols twice a day after breakfast and lunch, salted water early in the morning and in the afternoon as well as magnesium in the evening. So far, apart from a light headache during the first couple of days, I haven't had any symptoms so I think I'm going to increase the dose to 3 drops twice a day and see how my body reacts.

Back
Top Bottom