Iran

Not really Gandalf. Central America is actually considered a part of North America though some categorize Central America as a "large isthmus".

I just had to speak up about the sweeping generalizations about citizens of countries. Iranians are not all Mullahs, Canadians are not all Zionist Neocons, Americans are not all insane narcissists, (Isn't L.K.J. an U.S. citizen born and raised?). The arbitrary flag we are born under may contribute but does not define our individual characters. I am an Earthling, a human who is trying to see and grow my soul.

Truly, I digress and all of my pet peeves should distract from the topic at hand no further.
With respect, thanks all.

Bloodnoise said:
I'm afraid that your "Quebec" example is yet more generalization.

Right.

But I think what she wanted to say is that in a general way, Québec has always been quite diffrent from the rest of Canada which is quite right.

But I agree that it's not as simple hence why we shouldn't generalize. There is a lot to consider here. Québec is getting a little 'complicated' to say the least.

Peace.

Bloodnoise said:
I just had to speak up about the sweeping generalizations about citizens of countries. Iranians are not all Mullahs, Canadians are not all Zionist Neocons, Americans are not all insane narcissists, (Isn't L.K.J. an U.S. citizen born and raised?). The arbitrary flag we are born under may contribute but does not define our individual characters. I am an Earthling, a human who is trying to see and grow my soul.

Truly, I digress and all of my pet peeves should distract from the topic at hand no further.

Hi Bloodnoise

I tend to agree with you about generlizations for the most part as I'm Iranian so I know all too well, all the generalizations that middle-easterns are going through. However, I do think when such things as "pet peeves" are being pushed, it usually means that you have some sort of identification/program/block that stops you from learning further. And also sometimes, it's just plain semantics.

Although Loreta called Canadians sheep, I don't think she meant to generalize everyone in Canada. But haven't we all, or at least majority of people become sheep in one way or another if you really think about it? And perhaps the thought of that is what is really bugging you?

loreta said:
For example people from Quebec are less sheep than the rest of Canada.

Bloodnoise said:
I'm afraid that your "Quebec" example is yet more generalization.

I don't know... I don't see Loreta's comment as a generalization. I live in B.C. and I can tell you just by sheer observation that people here are much more fascist, fanatic, posh, rude and lulled for the most part. You can see that through the OWS and student protests. How many people came out in Toronto/Quebec? How many people came out in Vancouver? The Vancouver OWS movement was SO small and when the RCMP came to disband the camp, the people put up literally no fight what so ever. Protesting at that time was like a fad for them, not something that truly mattered like it did for people in New York or Oakland.

The hard truth is people in Canada, are being massively dumbed down and instilled with more herd mentality so as to not question anything more than they have to.

Just reading the news, some things are unbelievable. Every other day now, there is a body part found in some lake or river. Shooting occurrences have gone up a lot in the past while within Canada. Situations that 5-10 years ago would only happen in US, and us Canadians would gloat about our gun policies and our lack of crime compared to US. These are all signs of a society on a downward path and signs of society as a whole being dumbed down to a great extent. Osit.

We tend to generalize but we know that not all people are included in that generalization. And we know also that there is a certain majority that is really blind.

Concerning Quebec, I really think it is maybe the province that is the most "sensible" about the Anglo-Saxon influence. That make people maybe more aware. And also because of their big immigration from around the world, I consider Quebec almost the ideal society. But again, this is my point of vue only.

When we generalize is not because we are blind ourselves. But it is TRUE that Canada is following, blindly, the American politics. And that means a lot! People who think that English is the only language Canada have to talk! Or that just English, without immigrants, have the right to live in Canada. Or they don't accept Quebec with his diferents points of vue...

So again: you are right I should not generalize a society because their leader is a square head ;). But many people, many people believe in this square head.

My apologies if I hurt someone with my generalizations.

Deedlet said:
Just reading the news, some things are unbelievable. Every other day now, there is a body part found in some lake or river. Shooting occurrences have gone up a lot in the past while within Canada.

Unbeleivable indeed. Very creepy as well and sad. And I'm going back to Montréal soon for at least three years. That's going to be an intense trip. Have been there, have seen a lot of disturbing things.

Situations that 5-10 years ago would only happen in US, and us Canadians would gloat about our gun policies and our lack of crime compared to US. These are all signs of a society on a downward path and signs of society as a whole being dumbed down to a great extent. Osit.

Harper has curiously abolished the gun registrations recently. We, in Québec, have strongly protested and have asked that they at least give us the registrations concerning Québec, which they vehemently refused.

They have also adopted a law to reinforce punishment towards young 'criminals' and want to massively invest in prisons.

Not to mention the 30-or-so billions of investment in air fighters with our tax money.

Dammit... *Knocks on the table*

loreta said:
Canada has always been a country following the American politics. Canadians are followers. Like a very good herd.

If we see how ADL and israel lobby created/groomed these politicians and policies with business intermixed in between, none of the politicians has a clue of what they are doing. It is just the orders that is followed. Probably US is not yet completely ready to jump into bandwagon of banning iran due to elections, it looks canada kick started it. This tells desperation they had for mass diversion with war from the coming comets.

loreta said:
And also because of their big immigration from around the world, I consider Quebec almost the ideal society.

Last year, we welcomed 50,000-60,000 new immigrants. I like all this diversity but it does, unfortunately, create a lot of tensions. Medias/politicians (federalists) are really abusing their (immigrants) 'ignorance' to try to scare them by telling them we are bad guys who hate other cultures and other languages/religions. This is sad. Using these people is plain dirty. They come here to finally have a chance and very good services but they get scared and brainwashed as soon as they put foot on the ground.

Or they don't accept Quebec with his diferents points of vue...

They don't accept the fact that we would rather not help the rich to become richer but instead to ask richer people to pay more so we can re-distribute it to the less fortunate. In reality, rich people here pay almost nothing (taxes). Pauline Marois wants to 'transfer' the weight to richer people and she gets attacked for it.

Québec Solidaire (left wing party) wanted to tax financial institution (a new 1% tax on incomes) to fund our universities and make all education totoally free from kindergarden to university. They were butchered to pieces by right wing parties.

My apologies if I hurt someone with my generalizations.

Don't worry, no offense taken.

Many people call us 'frogs' but I think frogs are awesome so I take it as a compliment. ;)

Bloodnoise said:
Canadians are followers. Like a very good herd.

Please refrain from sweeping generalizations based upon one's despicable government. Many Canadians are mindless drones who gobble up the media pap and march in lockstep with our Zionist lickspittle government but many are not.

Fwiw, just exploring the “generalization” thinking theme being made in many instances, which might be more in line with this thinking reference:

http://cassiopedia.org/glossary/Sheep

Gurdjieff saw that Human Beings;
- Follow each other mechanically. - Are easily manipulated to be moved in a certain direction or vector. - Have little awareness of their surroundings or the predicament they are born into.

If in talking about "them", Canadians, Americans, French et al, despite the alignments with opposition parties to that of the aggressor main or even the hidden lobbies on issues that greatly concern (or should concern) the citizens from A-Z. Somewhere within the issues, people are asleep and as such, the “generalization” references might be closer to the truth of matters then we might like to admit, osit.

As G states 'In Search Of the Miraculous', which could relate to taking issue with generalizations, like, hey wait a second, you could be talking about me, my friends and family who are awake, type of thing. Yet much of mankind cannot be seen as otherwise or we would not be in this mess. At least to my thinking there are not great continuous examples of this not being so.

In order to understand what the difference between states of consciousness is, let us return to the first state of consciousness which is (physical) sleep. This is an entirely subjective state of consciousness. A man is immersed in dreams, whether he remembers them or not does not matter. Even if some real impressions reach him, such as sounds, voices, warmth, cold, the sensation of his own body, they arouse in him only fantastic subjective images. Then a man wakes up. At first glance this is quite a different state of consciousness. He can move, he can talk with other people, he can make calculations ahead, he can see danger and avoid it, and so on. It stands to reason that he is in a better position then when he was asleep. But if we go a little more deeply into things, if we take a look into his inner world, into his thoughts, into the causes of his actions, we shall see that he is almost the same state as when he was asleep.

And it is even worse because in sleep he is passive, that is he cannot do anything. In the waking state, however, he can do something all the time and the results of all his actions will be reflected upon him or upon those around him. And yet he does not remember himself. He is a machine, everything with him happens. He cannot stop the flow of his thoughts, he cannot control his imagination, his emotions, his attention.

He lives in a subjective world of 'I love, 'I do not love,' 'I like,' 'I do not like, 'I want,' 'I do not want,' that is, of what he thinks he likes, at what he thinks he does not like, of what he thinks he wants, of what he thinks he does not want. The real world is hidden from him by a thick wall of uncontrolled imagination.

He lives in waking-sleep. He is asleep. What is called "clear consciousness" is actually sleep and a far more dangerous sleep than sleep at night in bed. Let us take some event in the life of humanity. For instance, war. What does it signify? It signifies that several millions of sleeping people are destroying several millions of other sleeping people.

They would not do this, of course, if they were to wake up. Everything that takes place is owing to this sleep. Both states of consciousness, sleep and the (false) waking state, are thus equally subjective. Only by beginning to remember himself does a man really awaken. And then all surrounding life acquires for him a different aspect and a different meaning. He sees that it is a life of sleeping people, a life in sleep. All that men say and do, they say and do in sleep. All this can have no value whatsoever. Only awakening and what leads to awakening has a value in reality. How many times have I been asked whether wars can be stopped? Certainly they can. For this it is only necessary that people should awake. This seems a small thing. It is, however, the most difficult thing there can be because this sleep is induced by our so-called education and maintained by the whole surrounding society

What he says at the end, “whole society” could seem like a generalization, yet think he was rather quite correct. Being STS by our very natures gives this some added truth; notwithstanding the good intentions by a very few awake STO orientated beings.

loreta said:
For example people from Quebec are less sheep than the rest of Canada. But this is my impression, I am maybe wrong. :cool2: But in general the Canadian politics is very near to that of USA. We used to say that when USA sneeze Canada have pneumonia. :scared: It is always very tiring to live near America... :knitting:

Not sure that Quebec would be any less, although the might have a more open orientation. As G indicates, whether we talk about America, Spain, Ontario, BC or Quebec, or other places in the world, our overall condition is of sleep, osis. This then it seems is the same for each, continuously or at one time or another, which has possibly contributed to our overall condition by our very programmed natures.

[quote author=JayMark]

But I want to clear out something right away, people in Canada are not all encouraging such behaviors from our PM (quite the contrary). So it would be nice if you could not generalize too much and 'condemn' the whole country as it would be playing their 'game of division'.

Remember, a government's decision is not always the reflect of the population's will. 'Democracy' as expressed by these individuals is merely a vague illusion to my eyes. And what's going on right now dosen't happen for no reason. There is clearly an agenda behind it, osit.

Good ol' Jack Layton must be rolling in his grave seeing what Harper is doing. *Sigh*

Peace. No offense taken.
[/quote]

Think it is so that “division” is a tool being used; always has been. However, if the population had “will”, would we just then not cooperate with the authoritarians? Because we don’t do this, some might be putting their faith in ol’ Jack Layton or in the Green Party, Liberals and even the Communist party and Marijuana leadership. Before it was a done deal in the US, a Ron Paul comes to mind, yet all these, in one form or another, would likely bend to the developed devolution systems constructed; especially of pathological minds. So this seems to me in our fragmented totality, exactly the same, not a condemnation exactly, as we are the same - human, have many of the same inner afflictions and have little in the way of cohesive will of truth in all manners – asleep and greatly invested in that condition.

Thank you very much Voyageur for your comments and inputs. Something to think about.

loreta said:
Thank you very much Voyageur for your comments and inputs. Something to think about.

Yes thanks Voyageur for putting those thoughts into words. The problem of sleep is at the foundation of this forum and the terror of facing reality. In fact this problem is so easily verifiable by reflection and observation that to deny the ability to generalize from it is almost (perhaps certainly?) a confirmation of it.

For my own personal observation, which is on my mind right now, I am thinking specifically of a friend with whom I can have the most insightful discussions concerning the nature of the world, and who loves to joke and make tremendous plans for the future. Of course the next time we visit he shows absolutely no recollection of his previous "plans" and we begin the whole thing over again. This has happened so many times that it would be funny if it weren't tragic. For others their sleep is different because their tastes are different and their dreams are different, but it is still a wicked sleep OSIT.

edit: added detailed information

Merci Voyageur!

You got me to look at it from a much deeper and objective point of view. You chose very relevant quotes.

Makes sense to me so far.

Peace.

There seems to be a misconception that the Harper government is representative of the majority of the Canadian people.

Due to our screwy politics, Harper managed to get a majority government with about 35% of the popular vote. That leaves 65% of us - many of whom fundamentally disagree with Harper's policies - who are not represented by this government.

I for one do not in any wise agree with Harper's siding with Israel and the US in world affairs, nor do I support the decision to alienate Iran. Conservative party governments unfortunately have a long history of kowtowing to the US - Diefenbaker killed the Avro Arrow project under US pressure back in the '50s, the NAFTA treaty (which basically sold Canada down the river) was "negotiated" by the Mulroney government, the current initiatives to construct a highway from Mexico to Canada, to establish a security "perimeter" around North America, to allow US police onto Canadian soil, and to trot along on America's leash in international affairs is evident in the Harper government. There is little we can effectively do right now to change this state of affairs. All we can do is work towards kicking Harper out come next election, and hoping that any alternative government that we vote in will be more representative of the majority of the Canadian people.

Harper only has 5 deputies here in Québec. So no majority here. More like a vague rumor (so to speak).

Anyhow, I don't put much faith in politics as far as it goes. There is clearly an agenda rolling and considering how things are evolving, I highly doubt that a mere vote/change in a party can change things on a global scale. The best thing, imo, would be to prepare for the big mess that is coming. Watch for the signs of the time.

Peace.

pstott said:
There seems to be a misconception that the Harper government is representative of the majority of the Canadian people.

Due to our screwy politics, Harper managed to get a majority government with about 35% of the popular vote. That leaves 65% of us - many of whom fundamentally disagree with Harper's policies - who are not represented by this government.

I for one do not in any wise agree with Harper's siding with Israel and the US in world affairs, nor do I support the decision to alienate Iran. Conservative party governments unfortunately have a long history of kowtowing to the US - Diefenbaker killed the Avro Arrow project under US pressure back in the '50s, the NAFTA treaty (which basically sold Canada down the river) was "negotiated" by the Mulroney government, the current initiatives to construct a highway from Mexico to Canada, to establish a security "perimeter" around North America, to allow US police onto Canadian soil, and to trot along on America's leash in international affairs is evident in the Harper government. There is little we can effectively do right now to change this state of affairs. All we can do is work towards kicking Harper out come next election, and hoping that any alternative government that we vote in will be more representative of the majority of the Canadian people.

I know what you're trying to say pstott, but imo the first thing you should really understand about Canadian politics or any politics is that true democracy doesn't exist. Before Harper won this last term, everyone said the same thing you did... "majority of Canadians don't support Harper government". Then the elections came around.. and what do ya know? He won again! So not that I'm questioning that the majority of people don't support him, but then again the majority of people didn't do much about it in the past so I don't have much faith in them doing anything about it in the future. And even if they did, who's to say we would actually see the correct results and they wouldn't just fake it like the Bush admin did in 2000 and in 2004?

*Edit* grammar/clarity

Deedlet said:
I know what you're trying to say pstott, but imo the first thing you should really understand about Canadian politics or any politics is that true democracy doesn't exist. Before Harper won this last term, everyone said the same thing you did... "majority of Canadians don't support Harper government". Then the elections came around.. and what do ya know? He won again! So not that I'm questioning that the majority of people don't support him, but then again the majority of people didn't do much about it the past so I don't have much faith in them doing anything about it in the future. And even if they did, who's to say we would actually see the correct results and they don't just fake it like the Bush admin did in 2000 and in 2004?

Right on.

Democracy is a vague illusion.

What if I vote for that there is no government who rule us?

What if I don't like any of the candidates?

How do I make sure that the results aren't corrupted?

Etc.

Same thing happened in Québec. The election results were really not what we expected as a whole. It smells really bad. There is almost as much if not even more tension that before the actual results. I feel that things are about to get real messy.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom