Iran

Well yes when you get down to it there is already world control by TPTB, and we only have the illusion of democracy. However, that being said I would still prefer the government to be Harper-free, and preferably a minority - that seems to keep these politicians somewhat restrained.

If we have to have a government at all, it is better to have one that is not able to do much.

JayMark said:
Same thing happened in Québec. The election results were really not what we expected as a whole. It smells really bad. There is almost as much if not even more tension that before the actual results. I feel that things are about to get real messy.

Peace.

JayMark you seem very worry by the situation in Quebec. Do you see signs that give you the impression of a possible disaster? Or it is your intuition? Do you see that people are angry, more vigilance on the streets, more racism against French people? I am curious, don't make me wrong (I think English people utilize this expression). I think the situation of crisis is everywhere. But maybe you are right, and Quebec is changing, and you just feel that something is going wrong. All this planet is going wrong. :(

loreta said:
JayMark you seem very worry by the situation in Quebec. Do you see signs that give you the impression of a possible disaster? Or it is your intuition? Do you see that people are angry, more vigilance on the streets, more racism against French people? I am curious, don't make me wrong (I think English people utilize this expression). I think the situation of crisis is everywhere. But maybe you are right, and Quebec is changing, and you just feel that something is going wrong. All this planet is going wrong. :(

Well, not a disaster per se but there is indeed an escalade of violence, intolerance, racism and division.

More and more people are going on strike, there are more and more protestation movements, big corporations are now buying every other less powerful corporations (to a never seen point), some factories are sold to foreing countries and our north (North Plan) is being almost given for free to Chinese.

Anyhow, like you said, things are going wild all around the planet, not just here. It worries me, yes, but at the same time, I accept it as reality and more so, I think it is completely natural if we may say so. That's the STS way. Hierarchy, imbalance, chaos, dissolution.

Good things might come out of this mess though. And more so, I have faith that I'm on the right path. I'll be there, be here and Working on myself for what's coming.

Peace.

JayMark said:
loreta said:

Well, not a disaster per se but there is indeed an escalade of violence, intolerance, racism and division.

More and more people are going on strike, there are more and more protestation movements, big corporations are now buying every other less powerful corporations (to a never seen point), some factories are sold to foreing countries and our north (North Plan) is being almost given for free to Chinese.

Anyhow, like you said, things are going wild all around the planet, not just here. It worries me, yes, but at the same time, I accept it as reality and more so, I think it is completely natural if we may say so. That's the STS way. Hierarchy, imbalance, chaos, dissolution.

Good things might come out of this mess though. And more so, I have faith that I'm on the right path. I'll be there, be here and Working on myself for what's coming.

Peace.

We can learn so much in those terrible times. What is happening is a good teacher for all of us!

JayMark said:
Bloodnoise said:
I'm afraid that your "Quebec" example is yet more generalization.

Right.

But I think what she wanted to say is that in a general way, Québec has always been quite diffrent from the rest of Canada which is quite right.

But I agree that it's not as simple hence why we shouldn't generalize. There is a lot to consider here. Québec is getting a little 'complicated' to say the least.

Peace.

I think it's fair to say that everyone on the planet is part of the sheeple and each follows the herd. That may categorise a few thousand people unfairly, but I'm sure they'll forgive me.

Perceval said:
I think it's fair to say that everyone on the planet is part of the sheeple and each follows the herd. That may categorise a few thousand people unfairly, but I'm sure they'll forgive me.

You are entirely right, Perceval.

No matter the diffrences between countries/provinces/states, I think it is fair to say that everyone is part of the herd, minus a few as you have stated.

JayMark said:
Right on.

Democracy is a vague illusion.

What if I vote for that there is no government who rule us?

What if I don't like any of the candidates?

How do I make sure that the results aren't corrupted?

i non-participated very conscientiously to the Quebec elections. A sovereignist party (ON) was attractive to me, but i consider myself as not taking part of the social contract that is in effect there, and thus resisted the temptation. When contesting the fundamental legitimacy of a social contract, it does not make sense to participate in the electoral process, as the act of casting a vote in itself is a subordination of one's sovereignty to the social contract, and even if not supportive to the elected party still legitimizes the system in place.

As such, i diligently verified that my name appeared on the electoral list, and on the day of the elections diligently stayed at home. i can only hope that my conscientious non-participation will be one more voice expressing its alienation from the current state of things, chipping away at the foundation of the lie that the government is legitimate and representative.

United Gnosis said:
JayMark said:
Right on.

Democracy is a vague illusion.

What if I vote for that there is no government who rule us?

What if I don't like any of the candidates?

How do I make sure that the results aren't corrupted?

i non-participated very conscientiously to the Quebec elections. A sovereignist party (ON) was attractive to me, but i consider myself as not taking part of the social contract that is in effect there, and thus resisted the temptation. When contesting the fundamental legitimacy of a social contract, it does not make sense to participate in the electoral process, as the act of casting a vote in itself is a subordination of one's sovereignty to the social contract, and even if not supportive to the elected party still legitimizes the system in place.

As such, i diligently verified that my name appeared on the electoral list, and on the day of the elections diligently stayed at home. i can only hope that my conscientious non-participation will be one more voice expressing its alienation from the current state of things, chipping away at the foundation of the lie that the government is legitimate and representative.

Quite frankly, I don't think not voting makes any diffrence. We've already had very low participation in Québec and that never did anything good. People were just mostly accused of being lazy and/or irresponsible (jajaja).

Parties that seem to be more 'human' always get shredded to pieces and are mostly ignored by medias etc. Just like ON or even Québec Solidaire here for an example.

Anyhow, no matter what we do, this whole political/economic system is doomed to collapse imho. And it could happen faster that we think. Just look at what's going on on the planet for instance...

I don't know if it has been discussed before (didn't find anything), but I just watched Ahmadinejads speech at the UN and found it quite remarkable. Link:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKy4dfSF-o

He raises so many good points about the state of the world, about the loss of human values like compassion, kindness and a sense of justice, about the materialism that is forced on us, the shortcomings of capitalism etc. But I found the last 5 minutes to be the most interesting part of his speech, here is the transcript of this last part which I found on the web:

The arrival of the ultimate savior will mark a new beginning, a rebirth and a resurrection. It will be the beginning of peace, lasting security and genuine life. His arrival will be the end of oppression, immorality, poverty, discrimination and the beginning of justice, love and empathy.

He will come and he will cut through ignorance, superstition, prejudice by opening the gates of science and knowledge. He will establish a world (inaudible) of prudence and he will prepare the ground for the collective active and constructive participation of all in the global management.

He will come to grant kindness, hope, freedom and dignity to all humanity as a gift. He will come so mankind will taste the pleasure of being human and being in the company of other humans. He will come so that hands will be joined, hearts will be filled with love, and thoughts will be purified to be at the service of security, welfare, happiness, well being, and peace for all.

He will come to return all children of Adam, irrespective of their skin colors, to their innate origin after a long history of separation and division, linking them to eternal happiness and joy. The arrival of the ultimate savior, Jesus Christ and the righteous will bring about an eternally bright future for mankind, not by force or waging wars, but through thought, awakening and developing kindness in everyone. Their arrival will breed a new life in the cold and frozen hearts and body of the world.

He will bless humanity with a spring that puts an end to our winter of ignorance, poverty and war. Through the tidings of a season of blooming, he puts an end to the winter of ignorance for humanity.

Now, we can see and we can sense the sweet scent and the soulful breeze of the spring — a spring that has just begun and doesn’t belong to a specific race, ethnicity, nation, or region; a spring that will soon reach all the territories in Asia, Europe, Africa and America. He will be the spring of all, the justice-seekers, freedom- lovers and the followers of heavenly prophets. He will be the spring of humanity and the greenery of all ages.

Let us join hands and clear the way for his eventual arrival with empathy and cooperation, in harmony and unity. Let us march on this path to salvation for the thirsty souls of humanity to taste immortal joy and grace. Long live this spring. Long live this spring. And again and again, long live this spring.”

(Source: _http://www.scribd.com/doc/107095626/Transcript-Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-s-speech-to-the-UN-General-Assembly-Wednesday-September-26-2012)

Since I'm not an expert in Islam theology, I'm not quite sure what to make of this, but to me it seems that he has some understanding of this time of transition, even though his remarks also have a certain "we will all be saved anyway" tone. Or is Ahmadinejad just another player in the "grand game of deception"? We do have a world government at some level afterall... Any thoughts?

luc said:
Since I'm not an expert in Islam theology, I'm not quite sure what to make of this, but to me it seems that he has some understanding of this time of transition, even though his remarks also have a certain "we will all be saved anyway" tone. Or is Ahmadinejad just another player in the "grand game of deception"? We do have a world government at some level afterall... Any thoughts?

I think he's just liberally interpreting Islam's end time prophecies.

Here are a few supposed signs according to Islam:

Major signs

The major signs are the seven which are thought to occur closer to the supposed day of judgment.

The appearance of Masih ad-Dajjal[19]
The appearance of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj (Gog and Magog)[20][21]
The appearance of the Dabbat al-ard (the strange beast)[22]
Three huge earthquakes.[23]
The smoke[23][24]
The rise (Sunni view) or the return from occlusion (Shia view) of the Mahdi to restore Islam.[23]
The return of Isa (Jesus) from the seventh sky to assist the Mahdi in restoring Islam[25]
The rise of the sun from the west [26][27][28]

Other signs

Fire from the west of what is now Yemen.[23]
People fighting over gold revealed by the river Euphrates.[23]
Inanimate objects speaking.
When the woman will give birth to her master.[23]
Strange noises from the sky will be heard.

p.s. I changed your link to the transcript to a more reliable one.

Perceval said:
luc said:

I think he's just liberally interpreting Islam's end time prophecies.

Here are a few supposed signs according to Islam:

Major signs

The major signs are the seven which are thought to occur closer to the supposed day of judgment.
The appearance of Masih ad-Dajjal[19]
The appearance of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj (Gog and Magog)[20][21]
The appearance of the Dabbat al-ard (the strange beast)[22]
Three huge earthquakes.[23]
The smoke[23][24]
The rise (Sunni view) or the return from occlusion (Shia view) of the Mahdi to restore Islam.[23]
The return of Isa (Jesus) from the seventh sky to assist the Mahdi in restoring Islam[25]
The rise of the sun from the west [26][27][28]

Other signs

Fire from the west of what is now Yemen.[23]
People fighting over gold revealed by the river Euphrates.[23]
Inanimate objects speaking.
When the woman will give birth to her master.[23]
Strange noises from the sky will be heard.

In other words, comets from their societal historical and mythological return for many of those listed above, osis. For others, the true interpretations may also be close, or relative to historical events in some understanding of the older languages. It is amazing to think that the prophecies of these 3 religions likely boil down to cosmic catastrophes on earth, with some surviving and passing along the threads of these events, only to be later changed by scribes to a god's will only.

voyageur said:
In other words, comets from their societal historical and mythological return for many of those listed above, osis. For others, the true interpretations may also be close, or relative to historical events in some understanding of the older languages. It is amazing to think that the prophecies of these 3 religions likely boil down to cosmic catastrophes on earth, with some surviving and passing along the threads of these events, only to be later changed by scribes to a god's will only.

I was thinking more about the literal strange noises in the sky that have been heard around the world over the past year or two.

Perceval said:
voyageur said:

I was thinking more about the literal strange noises in the sky that have been heard around the world over the past year or two.

Yes, "will be heard", is now and seems to be a direct harbinger of things to come upon humankind's horizon.

Thanks Perceval, very interesting. Is it a common thought in Islam that the end of time is beginning now? This is what I understand from his speech...

Perceval said:
p.s. I changed your link to the transcript to a more reliable one.

Thanks and sorry, I should have taken the time to find a more reliable source myself.

Historically, Shia branch of Islam is prosecuted and shunned by Sunni branch. This goes back to grandson of Prophet, Hussein, murdered by Umayyad Caliphate. later came a period of hiding and waiting for the end times to come where those who oppressed Shia will answer for their crimes. Muhammad didn't have a son but he married his daughter with his cousin Ali and came a lineage of Imams, a title given from father to son, 12 of them to be precise. The last Imam disappeared when he was 7 and will leave in seclusion until the end times. He will gather the Shia together and will form justice on earth.

As for End Times in Islam, there are some people here and there, claiming they are Messiah, but these are mostly lunatics. I wouldn't say there is an increasing trend specifically for 2012, at least for Sunni branch. However Shia branch yearns the end times and mention it a lot, I guess they are looking forward to see the villains brought to justice in this unjust world. I also distinctly remember when Obama was elected there was a discussion about a prophecy in Iran, they said a person that has the name Hussein will signal the coming of the last Imam and they thought Obama was their man. Not an exact source but here it is:

Is Barack Obama the "promised warrior" coming to help the Hidden Imam of Shiite Muslims conquer the world?

The question has made the rounds in Iran since last month, when a pro-government Web site published a Hadith (or tradition) from a Shiite text of the 17th century. The tradition comes from Bahar al-Anvar (meaning Oceans of Light) by Mullah Majlisi, a magnum opus in 132 volumes and the basis of modern Shiite Islam.

According to the tradition, Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (the prophet's cousin and son-in-law) prophesied that at the End of Times and just before the return of the Mahdi, the Ultimate Saviour, a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." Commanding "the strongest army on earth," the new ruler in the West will carry "a clear sign" from the third imam, whose name was Hussein Ibn Ali. The tradition concludes: "Shiites should have no doubt that he is with us."

In a curious coincidence Obama's first and second names--Barack Hussein--mean "the blessing of Hussein" in Arabic and Persian. His family name, Obama, written in the Persian alphabet, reads O Ba Ma, which means "he is with us," the magic formula in Majlisi's tradition.

_http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/26/obama-iran-ahmadinejad-oped-cx_at_1026taheri.html

On a funny note about the strange noises in the sky, a few weeks ago, there was one in Istanbul and it was amazing to see how people thought it was Israfel blowing his trumpet which is the main signal of end times in Quran. Sunni people began to start praying and got really freaked out, I think this was the only incident where they linked current earth changes with end times.

Back
Top Bottom