Jeff Rense EXPOSED!!

What Rense.com is not talking about

MaskedAvatar said:
In doing work on ourselves in isolation from others, it is desirable to avoid the path of solipsism.
Who knows?
Anyway, who said true knowledge of anything else than one's own existence is impossible? Don't the members of this forum seem to consider the contrary. And taking that into account; who is working in isolation?

My comment about desirability is indeed subjective.

I'm sure that many members consider that true knowledge of things outside of oneself is a real possibility.

I have also asked the question about who is working in isolation, elsewhere, without anticipating any level of response.

And I am pleased that you thought about this momentarily.

* what was a double post is no more *
* what was a double post is no more *

I really think that we ought to come back now to the subject of Jeff Rense because it is a subject that worthy of consideration rather than ad hoc denial.

Back when I first began wondering about Rense, I did a little poking around and came across someone else asking the qeustion:

http://emfx13.proboards17.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1058675874

Now, if you go to this url, you will see that the discussion has been scrubbed. However, if you take a line of text out of the following and put it in google in quotes, you will bring up the same page with the cache. I have made an MDI of the cached page and filed it away.

I was doing some searching and found a site that was about chemtrails and
the like- typical fare that you would find here or other similar forums. At
the end it named several well known people whom I take to be reliable
sources of information (eg Jeff Rense) as misleading conmen who are out to
fool the people, mostly for profit, but also for reason.

It made me think hard about who is saying what and what their true agenda
might be. Did you ever stop to think that some of the stuff that we seek out
and believe to be true are red herrings to keep us focused on the wrong
things?

Look at the Bush Administration f**k ups (can I say that here EMFX?), it's
almost as if they are planned or made to be obvious. I am up late almost
every night thinking "what is really going on?".

How does Jeff Rense, for years, broadcast and print what he does and retain
his podium? How does he maintain the website that is one of the top sources
of news in the world? I TPTB truly want to keep a lid on their plans, would
he have as much free reign as he does? Does this make anyone else go
"mmmmm?", or am I suffering from information overload?

Then I got to thinking that I really don't know who any of you are, with the
exception of a couple here whom I connect with on email on a semi-regular
basis. I realized I'm putting a lot of faith in stuff that I have no first
hand knowledge of (Closest exception is a good friend of mine has a friend
that is a Pulitzer-Prize winning author who was researching a Bush sibling
that no one really knows about for a book. He was told in the strongest of
terms to drop it). But then the world doesn't make sense to me in the
context of the daily news, so I seek out this information. Maybe I'm having
some sort of quarter life crisis. Anybody else have these doubts sometimes?
But what keeps bugging me is the info that we have uncovered about COINTELPRO and journalism. And then, the most obvious control of the media in the US at the present time. We also notice how severely we have been marginalized - though it is done very cleverly... So, what piques my curiosity is why certain other "alternative news sites" also seem to deliberately exclude us, our work, and so on when you would think that we are all on the "same team," so to say. One would think...

I also have begun to wonder about those sites that get so much play, that seem to have so much money behind them, that just sail along with millions of hits a month, and yet, when the Pentagon Flash started bringing readers
to our site, they sent the Wash Post to take us on...

So, what is UP with that?

We also notice that Rense had the flash up for about a day, and then it was relegated to the back pages... I think it took him that long to realize that a link to our site was in there. Later, he put the PF back up, but linked to a different server where it had been ripped off and (I am told) altered so that the link to SOTT at the end was removed. What is UP with that?

So, the big question is: what is it about us and our approach that scares all these people so much???? Why is so much effort put into marginalization, attack, defamation, even libel etc.???

And since Rense has participated in this I just have to ask some questions.

How could Rense have been a "journalist" for so long when there are absolutely no references to any "print journalism" on the net? I mean, it seems like the guy just sprang fully formed from the foam of the interenet.

I've written a lot about the whole "cosmic cointelpro," and the use of it to create the "new age" and "alternative research" fields, and to plant ideas there and let them run, but I think we are here seeing it real time.

The question is: what is Rense's agenda IF he is, in fact, part of the covert ops?

Standard psyops is to have two agents ranting at each other... it confuses and polarizes the onlookers. But we aren't trying to do that here. We are trying to find out what is really going on and what is the agenda.

And it is also fairly standard to fake an attack on the self to cover guilt - like 9-11. So, generally you have to have someone to play the role of attacking YOU....

Well, someone could easily accuse us of that except that I have the medical records to prove what the past few years of attacks have done to me; it's a wonder I'm alive.

But still we notice that various others, including Rense - all go on about the attacks against them. Rense produced a single email last year to show that he was being attacked for being anti-semitic, and sure enough, he is listed on the adl page as a "patriot/christian" type site... But I couldn't find any other sites ranting about him being anti-semitic.... just the contrary.

Just to compare, I searched on our own domain name, and sure did find a lot of flaming about us being "anti-semitic" - but we are not on the ADL site. So if you can measure it by AMOUNT and DURATION of defamation, we sure are in first place it seems.

So, one wonders if we are just not important enough for ADL to go after us, or if Rense was put there to create a "cover." I actually have some pretty suggestive info about this, but I'll hold onto it for now.

According to "Protocol 12," the plan is that they are all working for the same gang.. and appearing to not be connected, to even be antagonistic toward each other.

Remember the recent blow-up between Ruppert and Alex Jones and somebody else I can't remember right off hand. Maybe it was Hopsicker and Eastman... THAT was a strange thing. It ended up looking like Eastman was a regular guy who wanted some answers and the other two were agents that put him in the middle.

It is all getting quite deep out there...

I think that this person makes some very valid points and it doesn't apply to only Rense, of course. There are a myriad of anti-government/anti-NWO/anti-media/anti-takeyourpick sites out there that publish contradictory information. They also avoid publishing information that can be found elsewhere. Ultimately, I've found that when reading any of these sights, I have to check into the information they are presenting to the best of my ability to do that, and even if I don't find anything fishy, I really only take it under consideration, not as the truth. Sites like InfoWars, WhatReallyHappened, ect. are all chock full of information that may or may not be true, but considering the very real actions of the PTB to shut down anyone and anything that presents too much truth, or truth that is too damaging, one cannot believe that everything these sites publish is the truth. Knowing what we know about how the world works, it is an elementary conclusion that any site that is very popular and making lots of money (like Rense) simply cannot be telling the absolute truth about the PTB - it would not still be in existence if it did.

anart said:
Knowing what we know about how the world works, it is an elementary conclusion that any site that is very popular and making lots of money (like Rense) simply cannot be telling the absolute truth about the PTB - it would not still be in existence if it did.
Such statement strikes me as a potentially prejudice.

However, bringing it back to Rense:

My recent Rense-makes-you-go-hmmmmm-experience concerned the Charlie Sheen story. When it broke (Sheen addressing the two smoking guns of 911 i.e. the Pentagon Strike and the Demolition of the three Trade Centers) Rense was all over it. Suddenly the whole section gone - and didn't come back up.

Shortly after Laura shared the hypnosis analogy - how TPB kind of test the subjects as to how deep they are hypnotized. If the subjects don't wake up they will slip even deeper.

And I think that was exactly it! Nobody woke up. Next.

As we already know, not so with "Avian Flu Central" because Avian Flu = Martial Law.

By the way: Look at this MTVJ fighting to wake up while his audience stays sound asleep. Check out his body language in the last minute of the segment (its ca.4.5. minutes long). It truly turns and twists him. Or maybe he is just suddenly worried to loose his job and that this may end his jung carrier. Boy, is he happy once its over:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=whvciY1H-Uk&search=911 WTC Charlie Sheen 9/11 Alex Jones

Fifth Way said:
By the way: Look at this MTVJ fighting to wake up while his audience stays sound asleep. Check out his body language in the last minute of the segment (its ca.4.5. minutes long). It truly turns and twists him. Or maybe he is just suddenly worried to loose his job and that this may end his jung carrier. Boy, is he happy once its over:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=whvciY1H-Uk&search=911 WTC Charlie Sheen 9/11 Alex Jones
Actually, to me that members of the audience looked like they were having their worldviews silently shattered. Unfortunately their host was succumbing to the enormous pressure of his socio-cultural programming (saying, "Always trust the official story, the True Authorities are always correct"). Notice how he brushes off all the evidence that Alex provides with that "It's absurd therefore it is not true" grin on his face? I wouldn't be surprised if this VJ, if questioned after the fact, wouldn't be able to recall any of the evidence. The shock probably put him in a dissociative state. He therefore "forgets" what he heard and can continue thinking Alex must have made up whatever he had just said. Watching this guy is sad... He will not even check on any of the Alex's claims. He won't be laughing for long, I'm afraid.

Laura said:
I really think that we ought to come back now to the subject of Jeff Rense because it is a subject that worthy of consideration rather than ad hoc denial.

Back when I first began wondering about Rense, I did a little poking around and came across someone else asking the qeustion:

http://emfx13.proboards17.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1058675874

Now, if you go to this url, you will see that the discussion has been scrubbed. However, if you take a line of text out of the following and put it in google in quotes, you will bring up the same page with the cache. I have made an MDI of the cached page and filed it away.
I tried googling it as Laura suggested, using bits of the text in quote, but Google came up with no result. (after 5 attempts I stopped). So maybe it has been taken down from the cache as well. If someone has it please email it to me, so I can file it away too.

In regards to questioning the validity of a news website and asking pertinent questions:

Dimitri said:
When, in the case of Rense.com the targets of this vicious invective include, not only Jeff Rense himself, but also hundreds of guests and regular contributors to his 'portal' of alternative news - to say nothing of its thousands of indexed hyperlinks and Archive entries - if this is not a textbook case of Sectarianism, what else is it?
As Dimitris has already looked up Sectarianism, he might benefit even more from looking up vicious and invective. In the case he doesn't then here it is
Vicious: {F. vicieux, L. vitiosus, from vitium, VICE} characterized by some vice, fault, or blemish; faulty, imperfect, defective, incorrect, corrupt; contrary to moral principles or to rectitude; addicted to vice, depraved, wicked; spiteful, malignant.
Invective: {F., from late L. invectiva} a violent expression of censure or abuse

I suggest that Dimitris read the initial article in full and see for himself if he on the day of his inital post (and subsequent post too for that matter) on this subject got hold of the right English dictionary. It is true that when one has a badly bruised toe, then even a feather light touch to such a toe can create a strong and emotional reaction.

A short tentative conclusion of my inital post was as follow:
If indeed it is true, that Rense is an arm of Cointelpro, then the important things are the things omitted from the site, some of which I mentioned above. It follows, that nothing that appears on Rense is important at all. It is only for keeping the population distracted!... Whether the above answer is the answer or just part of the answer is open to discussion, but the fact remains that certain things appear to be deliberately omitted from Rense, and that in itself raises obvious questions. As I have already mentioned, I seriously doubt that any of the things mentioned on Rense are of any real importance, other than providing us with evidence of the direction that the PTB don't want us to look.
A further comment on the above Dimitris quote. It does not follow logically that IF Rense is Cointelpro, then everybody whose articles have been posted on rense past, present and future are also Cointelpro. For example: It only takes one agent to infiltrate an organisation. Yet, that does not say anything about the people of such an infiltrated organisation. Many are probably well meaning and sincere. And their articles can furthermore be quite truthful. My question was in regard to the importance of the articles and whether the real importance was not on something altogether different, which could possibly be seen in the what was not displayed on the website. And more importantly WHY.

Fifth Way said:
However, bringing it back to Rense:

My recent Rense-makes-you-go-hmmmmm-experience concerned the Charlie Sheen story. When it broke (Sheen addressing the two smoking guns of 911 i.e. the Pentagon Strike and the Demolition of the three Trade Centers) Rense was all over it. Suddenly the whole section gone - and didn't come back up.

Shortly after Laura shared the hypnosis analogy - how TPB kind of test the subjects as to how deep they are hypnotized. If the subjects don't wake up they will slip even deeper.

And I think that was exactly it! Nobody woke up. Next.
Agree. I looked up Charlie Sheen on google and found nothing about his comments regarding 911. Then I looked within results and typed in 911 and still nothing showing up. One could say that it is old, yet there are lots of old articles on Charlis Sheen that Google had no problem in finding. Curious indeed and once again shows the subtle control of Google.
It all adds a lot of weight to the truth of the hypnosis analogy, that Laura gave.

Utterly amazing how this Matrix works!

I should mention that one of the things that has bugged me is that hardly anyone has ever actually met Jeff Rense face to face. When I first began to wonder about Jeff - back in January of last year - I actually wrote emails to about a dozen different people who were either regular guests, promoters of Rense, or supposed to be "in the know" about such things. Without giving them any reason for my question, I just asked: "Have you ever met Jeff Rense in person, or do you know anyone who has?" Not a single person was able to answer in the affirmative.

Well, sure, I can understand a guy who does what he does keeping a really low profile for safety sake... but that can work in the opposite way also. If you are so secretive and hidden, how easy would it be to "replace" you without anyone knowing?

So, I started looking on the net for photos of Jeff Rense. There are only a couple... variations of the one he has on his site which is more like a photo-shopped caricature than a photo of a real person. He is supposed to have appeared in a movie, but a researcher who obtained a copy reported that his couple seconds of appearance on film is with his face not in view. In other words, it could be anybody. (You can go here: KSRO radio: http://www.ksro.com/djs/rense.shtml to see the same photo of Rense that you find about everywhere)

Well, after thinking about these things, it occurred to me that the webmaster for Rense, James Neff, has a name that is very similar; sort of homophonic. Jeff Rense-James Neff.

There is this James Neff 2005 calendar on rense.com...
http://www.rense.com/1.cal/neff.htm
and his page on this website at http://www.artsforge.com/neff.html

The choice of web design and colours show similarity. That's not too surprising since it seems that James Neff is totally responsible for the design and look of the Rense.com site.

Seems that James Neff used to have a website called "enigma."

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.anc.net/~neff

On the article from the now defunct 'enigma' site, regarding faked Hale Bopp pictures (and we suspect that the Hale-Bopp Flopp was a psy-ops program leading to the deaths of the Heaven's Gate "Cult"):

http://www.sipe.com/halebopp/neff.htm

There is speculation as to who the astrophysicist with the cast iron reputation is supposed to be.

Note: The following article orginally appeared on James Neff's now inactive ENIGMA web site.

Art Bell's program the night of 1/17/97 began with a nervous sounding host.
Bell began by re-establishing the history behind this entire Hale-Bopp
"companion"/Mystery Astronomer ordeal, replaying chosen selections of his
interview with Prudence Calabrese of the Farsight Institute.

From Bell's replay of the conversation with Calabrese, the following important
facts were reasserted:

Calabrese said FARSIGHT sought out this Astrophysicist, not vice-versa. They
called HIM. This means Farsight is claiming knowledge of this individual first
hand, by name, by reputation, by university and by credentials. The scientist
DID NOT seek out Farsight. Let that sink in, people. This was no unknown
individual at all. This isn't someone who can slip into the dark for Farsight
never to be seen or heard again. This was someone they claimed was "known" to
them. Calabrese as well as Brown stated that he was a leading astrophysicist at
a top ten university, was responsible for the discovery of new planets and his
reputation was sterling. Calabrese said the "astrophysicist" was contacted by
Farsight shortly after Shramek's images were released, which prompted Farsight
to then focus its "remote viewing" on Hale-Bopp, coming up with the results that
the "object" Shramek photographed was "alien" and/or "artificial." Once they
contacted the astrophysicist, Calabrese states that he was aware of the anomaly,
was not certain that it was 'artificial' but then later in further, extensive
conversations confirmed to Farsight that he had evidence and was "confident" it
was indeed "artificial." Additionally this scientist is said to have claimed
that radio signals were also recieved from the object or Hale-Bopp. Calabrese
gave Art Bell as well as Whitley Strieber two images from this astronomer (said
to be from a ROLL of film containing roughly 100 pictures). Calabrese claimed to
have in her possession 5 images. Bell received 2 (one marked to show the
companion object and a duplicate unmarked) and Whitley 1, the same image also
marked showing the object in question. Bell and Strieber both were asked not to
post the image; that the astrophysicist was going to come forward with a press
conference.
Well, when you continue to dig around, you find a Dr James E Neff and couldn't ignore the similarities (name and profession).

http://www.cofc.edu/~neffj/

I'll come back to Dr. James E. Neff later on. For the moment, here is another item:

On the archive.org version of Neff's old site, it says he was webmaster for some site called kozmic.com.

Kozmik.com was a site that had info about "UFOs, Aliens, The Paranormal, NASA & Space Science, Audio Links to related topics and more!"

Registrant Contact:
Kozmik Production
Shaun Kroese (Koz@kozmikradio.com)
858-693-1260
Fax: 858-893-3813
10344 Brookhurst Ln
San Diego, CA 92126
US

Administrative Contact:
Kozmik Productions
Shaun Kroese (koz@kozmikradio.com)
858-693-1260
10344 Brookhurst Lane
San Diego, CA 92126
US

Technical Contact:
New World Concepts, Inc.
Mark Williams (markw@ANW.COM)
+1.6269644952
Fax: +1.0000000000
PMB 544
18373A E Colima Rd
Rowland Heights, 91748
US

Billing Contact:
Kozmik Production
Shaun Kroese (Koz@kozmikradio.com)
858-693-1260
10344 Brookhurst Ln
San Diego, CA 92126
US

Name Servers:
NS0.THEHOSTPROS.COM
NS1.THEHOSTPROS.COM

Creation date: 14 Jun 1996 00:00:00
Expiration date: 13 Jun 2005 00:00:00

But now if you go to kozmik.com it redirects to Armed Forces Radio Network, operated by the same guy:

http://www.armedforcesradionetwork.org

Domain ID:D104644012-LROR
Domain Name:ARMEDFORCESRADIONETWORK.ORG
Created On:17-Jul-2004 18:18:21 UTC
Last Updated On:01-Dec-2004 21:19:02 UTC
Expiration Date:17-Jul-2014 18:18:21 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:TLDs L.L.C. d/b/a SRSPlus (R78-LROR)
Registrant ID:4787383-SRSPLUS
Registrant Name:shaun kroese
Registrant Organization:afrn
Registrant Street1:10344 Brookhurst Lane
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:San Diego
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:92126
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.858693
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:skroese@san.rr.com
Admin ID:4787383-SRSPLUS
Admin Name:shaun kroese
Admin Organization:afrn
Admin Street1:10344 Brookhurst Lane
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:San Diego
Admin State/Province:CA
Admin Postal Code:92126
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.858693
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:skroese@san.rr.com
Tech ID:4787383-SRSPLUS
Tech Name:shaun kroese
Tech Organization:afrn
Tech Street1:10344 Brookhurst Lane
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:San Diego
Tech State/Province:CA
Tech Postal Code:92126
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.858693
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:skroese@san.rr.com
Name Server:NS1.THEHOSTPROS.COM
Name Server:NS2.THEHOSTPROS.COM

That site says "The Armed Forces Radio Network Mission with our Web site and Streaming Radio Station are dedicated to becoming the focal point with a huge volume of information. What ever the needs of any service
member, re; Army, Navy, Marine Corp, Air Force, Coast Guard, Police officer, Firefighter, National Guard, Veterans or volunteers may be, they should and will be able to find it right here on this web site and also hear promotional information on our radio station.

Then in a Dec 29 2004 press release, it says:

"The Armed Forces Radio Network is a 501 (c) (3) Not-For-Profit Corporation whose charter is to provide direct monetary support to victims of fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters."

I found it interesting that they also have a banner ad for Louis Turi.
http://www.drturi.com/home.html

Here is Neff's resume as listed back in 1999 -- lots of connections to check here -- this is summarized, more details at the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/19991109065144/www.anc.net/~neff/artwork1.html

James Neff
Conway, Arkansas

*From 1984 to 1997 he supposedly worked at :

AMERICAN NETWORK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
Internet Service Provider

INTELLINET ISP, INC.
Internet Service Provider

THE LITTLE ROCK FREE PRESS
Bi-weekly News and Arts Tabloid

ARKANSAS BUSINESS PUBLICATIONS/ARKANSAS TIMES
Bi-weekly Business Newspaper "Arkansas Business"

THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES DEPARTMENT OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT (U.A.M.S.)
University Hospital

ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE, INC.
Statewide Newspaper

SPECTRUM PUBLICATIONS, INC.
Bi-weekly News, Arts & Entertainment Publication

His resume lists these Web sites that he's worked on or developed:

http://members.theglobe.com/victorjan/
(Web page for Victor Janflone, jazz musician and composer)

http://www.tjraney.com/
T.J. Raney and Associates (investments)

http://www.theempress.com/
(Historic Bed & Breakfast. Please note that this site has been altered in some areas from my original design by the
owners son after they took control of the site)

http://www.sightings.com
(I both designed and presently webmaster this site for Jeff Rense, who does the radio program out of Santa Barbara)

http://www.kozmik.com
(On a similar theme as "Sightings," Kozmik.com is a fun UFO related site & a link-warehouse for the subject. Owner: Shaun Kroese)

http://www.digitalxdesign.com/Southwestarkansas/
(Southwest Arkansas/Hope Arkansas Chamner of Commerce)

http://www.digitalxdesign.com/ammonia/
(Not applied to a .com as yet. In progress)

http://www.fnb-hope.com
(Bank of Hope)

Here
http://groups.google.com.au/group/memphis.employment/msg/d1c25378029ebc03?q=jeff+rense+neff&hl=en&lr=&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=2&as_maxm=8&as_maxy=1998&rnum=1
you find this:

Subject: Exp. Webdesigner Looking 4 Work/Employ
This is the only article in this thread
View: Original Format
Newsgroups: memphis.employment
Date: 1998/05/05

I am a professional webdesigner and graphic artist with 17+ years experience
in advertising design and production, from newspapers to magazines, the last
4 years being devoted to Internet site design and development with several
Internet Service Providers and well known clients (I designed and presently
webmaster

http://www.sightings.com

for radio host Jeff Rense out of Santa Barbara, Ca. for the 'Sightings'
program). My successful work on the Net has been entirely by
telecommuting/virtual-office which I have demonstrated works quite well for
any client, and as I provide my own equipment, software, connection and
office, the overhead for any employer is considerably diminished, while the
return remains high: quality, competent work at or before deadline with an
emphasis on design and graphic appeal.

I am presently seeking employment with a company ready to take on a
virtual-office employee with the experience and know-how to make it work,
truly taking advantage of this powerful communication medium by computer,
fax, email, phone & ftp. After 4 years of telecommuting, as Art Director and
Chief Webdesigner for three ISPs, many satisified freelance clients and a
current national radio program receiving over 2 million hits per month, I
feel my experience and abilities demonstrate not only a value of this
method, but of my skills and devotion to the medium of Net presence. A
virtual-office worker can devote far more time to his or her profession and
vocation than an office employee clocked from 9-5, and accessibility through
electronic means is virtually a constant.

My personal equipment is presently superior to most offered in-office,
making my work quicker and more efficient. I presently have a MacG3 with
333mhz processor (the fastest on the market), 4 gig internal Hard-Drive, 64
megs of RAM, a 20" color monitor, 100 Mg Iomega Zip drive, 44Mg SyQuest
drive, 132Mg EzSyquest drive (ready access to an 88Mg SyQuest drive and a CD
burner), and an AVECII S3 full color scanner. I have multiple internet
connections/accounts, Fax and free phone line additional to data-lines. I am
familiar with and have state-of-the-art software for digital graphics,
including 3D and animation programs. I am entirely experienced with
Photoshop, Aldus Freehand, as well as 3D programs such as Strata Studio Pro,
Bryce2, Specular Logomotion and Pagemill 2.0 (as well as hard-coding HTML).

I hope you will take the time to look at my extensive resum

Now, let's come back to Dr. James Neff the astronomer.

http://www.cofc.edu/~neffj/

and on this page, you see a photo of the guy.

http://www.cofc.edu/~neffj/WWW/other_interests.html

jenpic3a.gif

JR.jpg

Darned if he doesn't look a LOT like Rense... Put an image of Jeff Rense side by side with that guy, figure on a little re-touching, put on a wig, change the glasses, and voila - Jeff Rense.

Notice in the Rense photo that the bags under the eyes have been retouched out, the mustache line has been retouched to change it, and the eyebrows have been "softened" above the bridge of the nose. The glasses on Rense have been shoved down to compress the nostrils. But, if you look at the line of the eyelids, the cheek, the chin, lip and general facial shape and characteristics, I think you will agree that this guy is the "physical model" for Jeff Rense.

Notice I'm not saying that the Dr. James Neff is masquerading as Jeff Rense, I'm only suggesting that it is possible to create a character image. Even if Jeff Rense is REAL, and even if Dr. James Neff is REAL and James Neff the webmaster/artist/fundie is REAL, that doesn't mean that the IMAGE that is promoted as "Jeff Rense" is the real Jeff Rense. Nor does whoever's image gets used as the original for some photoshopping needs to even be aware that his image is being used.

HOWEVER, things may not be even that simple.

But now we get into the really weird. Heaven's Gate stuff.

As it happens, Dr. James Neff published a paper with Hale and Bopp.

Saar, S.H., Bookbinder, J.A., Neff, J.E., Valenti, J.A. Bopp,
B.W., Hale, A., "Rotational Modulation of Magnetic, Chromospheric,
and Transition Region Fluxes on the Flare Star AD Leo," in
Cool Stars, Stellar Systems, and the Sun, J.P. Caillault,
(ed.), (ASP Conf. Series), in press.

Rotational Modulation and High-Speed Streams in FK Comae Berenices: Evidence
For a Massive, Highly Evolved Binary System, F.M. Walter, J.E. Neff, B.W.
Bopp, R.E. Stencel, in Cool Stars, Stellar Systems, and the Sun, eds. S.L.
Baliunas and L. Hartman, (Springer-Verlag), p. 279, 1984.
Then there's this from Rense's site
http://www.rense.com/general30/stmem.htm

Strieber's Memory Conveniently
Fails Him In Hale-Bopp Tale
10-11-2

Text from Whitley Strieber's 'Journal'...an egregious corruption of reality:

"Then the Heaven's Gate tragedy struck. A group of UFO enthusiasts committed
suicide in a looney attempt to get to the object as souls. Art was pilloried
in the national media and among the UFO community. Lost in the shuffle was
the fact that he and I had exposed the apparent hoax. Lost, also, in the
shuffle was the fact that the entire astronomical community, worldwide, was
lying about the object."

FACT: At the very height of the radio and internet hype and promotion of the
Hale-Bopp
'companion' ET spaceship con job, my webmaster, James Neff, had been running
the ONLY internet site devoted to a skeptical inquiry of the Hale-Bopp
'companion' story.

FACT: One evening during my live, coast-to-coast program, James was alerted
by his astronomer-contact, Oliver Hainaut, at the University of Hawaii, that
he had discovered the infamous Hale-Bopp 'companion' photo - featured on
Bell's and other sites - was in fact an existing image of the comet which
had been reversed...and had then shown up with the 'companion' object
appearing in it.

FACT: When James' email to me arrived, I was on the air interviewing Michael
Lindemann.

I IMMEDIATELY requested of Michael, on the air, to pause our discussion as I
had breaking news to read. I then read the information from the University
of Hawaii which destroyed the entire Hale-Bopp 'companion' ET spaceship
image hoax and began to quiet the worldwide fears - and in some cases deadly
panic - it had caused. The hoaxed picture...the 'smoking gun'...was a total
fraud. Michael will have no trouble verifying what occurred on the program
and how the Hale-Bopp 'companion' story came to its demise.

FACT: The exposing of the Hale-Bopp 'companion' photo hoax on my program and
on my website had an immediate worldwide impact.

FACT: Art Bell did not do a live radio show later that night -- a statement
was read that he had suddenly taken ill and a taped program would be aired.

Strieber:

"Lost in the shuffle was the fact that he (Bell) and I had exposed the
apparent hoax."

James Neff exposed the hoax and I announced it on live, national radio and
put the two photos - the original genuine photo and the hoaxed photo - on
site as well.

Strieber:

"Lost, also, in the shuffle was the fact that the entire astronomical
community, worldwide, was lying about the object."

MANY in the 'astronomical community' were stridently dubious of the
Hale-Bopp 'companion'
photo and story, and gravely-lamented the hype being perpetrated by Courtney
Brown and
others on national radio and the internet.

Mr. Strieber appears suffering either from conveniently poor memory, had a
couple of 'senior
moments' or is no longer able to discern the line between fact and fiction.
In any case, I have avoided responding to the well-known past public,
personal attacks on me, my program and my entire listening audience by this
well-known science fiction writer.

However, in this case, his efforts to claim credit for exposing the
Hale-Bopp fraud cannot pass without comment.

>From James Neff
10-7-2

Another quickly overshadowed element in this debacle is that Streiber, then
apparently closely-tied with Brown and Calabrese at the FarSight Institute,
stated on the Art Bell show that he had seen the "film" taken by the
clandestine "leading university astronomer" and had even taken a print of
the Hale-Bopp image to a 'University-level astronomer' friend and asked his
opinion.

The astronomer, whom Whitley never named, supposedly signed off on the image
as authentic and disturbing...and worthy of further analysis. It was,
however, subsequently discovered through a phone call I placed directly to
Oliver Hainaut of the University of Hawaii's Astronomy Department, that FILM
is rarely ever used -- and further, that the Hale-Bopp 'companion' image in
question was his, Hainaut's, digital tiff image (part of a complex 3-plate
imaging process) flopped over and reduced to jpeg -- and clearly tampered
with to add a 'companion' object.

This was announced by Oliver Hainaut on the Jeff Rense Program more than 48
hours in advance of the Streiber/Bell 'outting' of Courtney Brown. So, the
question remains, what, in fact, did Strieber possess and what 'film' did he
see?? There was no film. There was no 'print' from film, either. There was
only a stolen tiff image, flopped, and reduced to jpeg. And if that is what
he took to the 'University level astronomy professor' it seems very peculiar
that such an educated man would have had the reaction he allegedly
had...when not a single other University level astronomy professor agreed
(and I consulted several).

They all said the same things: (1) "I'd have to see the original high
resolution image," and (2) the 'companion' image was likely a star
'blooming' on the CCD chip, a common artifact of DIGITAL processing, not
film.

How did Strieber gain access to what did not even exist? And does this
explain his overt participation in the on-air crucifixion of Courtney Brown?
At the time, Prudence Calabrese was Whitley Strieber's departing webmaster
and was apparently the go-between from Brown to Strieber on the "film"....
which did not exist. Once we revealed the image was a DIGITAL farce, it
seemed to many listeners Strieber and others did a lot of excess protesting
and padding of the conflict to muddy the issue, and divert attention from
their earlier claims and de facto involvement in the hoax.

And let no one forget Whitley's dramatic call for Art's listeners to attempt
to communicate telepathically with the inbound Hale-Bopp 'companion'
object's alien occupants!

The attempt to withhold credit for the hoax exposure from us and then
bringing Oliver Hainaut onto the Bell program as an 'original contact' are
matters of record. Strieber's revisionist history doesn't work...many
people's memories aren't that short. This is all yet another example of why
UFOlogy remains in trouble.

Comment
>From Lance
10-11-2

Jeff,
I just read your article about Streiber's remarks concerning Hale-boop. So,
is Strieber someone we can trust? Maybe you should invite him to be on your
show? in order to clear up all of the confusion. Would he accept an
invitation? As I recall, he was quick enough to appear on your show when he
was trying to publicize his God-awful film on UFOs.
I hate to come down on him too hard. I'm trying to believe that his heart is
in the right place. But is it? Certainly, a number of my friends are
enthusiastic about his radio show, but now I wonder if that's justified.
All of this brings up a lot of disturbing issues. And, of course, all of
this comes on the heels of the sorry situation surrounding Richard
Hoagland's pictures of Mars. Does anyone in the UFO field have any
credibility anymore? One has to wonder.

Comment

>From Lens
10-13-2

Right on. Strieber presents as a charlatan and is considered a shameless
plagiarist by many. Period. People like him are one of the reasons Ufology
is in such a sorry state these days. Makes one wonder if he isn't a
deliberate intel plant.

FROM Royce J. Myers III
UFOWatchdog.com
10-12-1

This isn't the first time Strieber has chosen to 'forget' about a UFO case.
Let's not also 'forget' Strieber's participation in the Reed UFO Fraud when
Art Bell was promoting the case on his show.
After the Reed UFO Fraud was exposed at my website, I sent Strieber an
e-mail asking for comment. He stated he would give it to his 'news people'
for his website. Conveniently, the story never appeared on his site.
Strieber's original message to me can be found below.
-- Original Message --

>From Whitley Strieber
To <mailto:ufowatchdog@earthlink.net>THE WATCHDOG
Sent Saturday, May 04, 2002 9:34 PM
Subject: Jonathan Reed UFO Fraud Exposed

When I went on the air with this guy I found his story fascinating but
improbable. Also, he never sent me any of the videotape or negs he promised
for analysis, so I wrote the story off.
Then about a year ago somebody did send me a tape. Supposedly a first
generation tape he'd taken of the alien. It looked like a fake made by an
eight year old. I did not have any analysis done on it as this is expensive
and it wasn't clear that there would be any benefit.
I've read your story and I'll make sure it gets to the news people at my
site.
W

Comment
>From Jeremy Jay Lynes
10-11-02

Hello, I just read your article on the Hale Bopp fiasco.

Having read it, I am prompted to write you and ask a question about Art Bell
and Whitley Strieber that has been bothering me for about nine months now.

I have repeatedly asked both of them for an opinion on Mike Ruppert and his
video on 911 and why they do not cover this issue. I have received no reply.

I have heard callers to their shows mention Mike Rupert, only to be
blown-off with words to the effect that 'our government is incapable of such
a duplicitous act.' Of course, I sit there thinking, here is Art Bell, a man
above all others who's career is founded on government duplicity, now saying
it ain't so.

I have sent numerous email and snail letters, having become more determined
with each non-reply, to give them a chance to answer, but I fear I will be
forever disappointed. So, I write to you.
Can you clue me in? Do they fear for their lives, are they are part of a
plan that provides an seemingly independent outlet and forum for X File type
issues, but in reality, also directs where these forums go, and insures they
tow the line and not step into too sensitive areas? Are they just to scared
to go there for fear of being found slumped over their steering wheel one
morning, dead from an apparant heart attack?

I would think that a lot of people are out there, like me, wondering what's
up with these two?
You are the largest website I know of that does not skirt Mike Ruppert.
Could you let us in on just what is up with Bell and Strieber?

We would appreciate it.
jeremy jay lynes

To: Jeremy Jay Lines
>From James Neff
webmaster@rense.com
For whom the Bell tolls

I think your question can be answered with one simple word... "money."
You're talking about people who are in business; they are not journalists,
like Jeff Rense. Though Art Bell is well-seasoned in "fringe" topics, and
very entertaining, the bottom line is a network radio financial one, as it
is for most radio talk show hosts. Money and ratings.

Anything that skirts too close to the edge of SERIOUS controversy will be
ignored or shoved aside or explained away. This is what makes Rense so
different. He's not owned by anyone, neither is he in this business AS a
business. If there wasn't a dime available, Jeff would find some way of
getting on the air and getting the info out there. There is no issue he will
not take on. He doesn't worry about advertisers pulling out on him -- if
they do..,well, they do. We don't mourn their loss. We go on anyway.
And that makes our advertisers some very unique people too. They understand
this and stick with us because they too believe in the truth.

Jeff can't be bought or sold. He owes nothing to anyone, save the public and
his own integrity to bring the public the raw facts where THEY can determine
reality, no matter how disturbing those facts may be. There's a high price
for this, of course. We're on several so-called "hate site" lists. We're
perpetually attacked by those who think we are 'enemies' of (fill in the
blank). And as you can see, we're not on Art or Whitley's "favorite people"
list :)

I doubt they fear for their lives. They fear for their wallets. You might
say they fear for their 'lifestyles.' There's certainly nothing wrong with
making money in America, and we don't fault them that. But you just have to
know the difference between entertainment-based issues oriented radio and
websites and REAL independent journalism. Hope this helps.
And another thing.

One of the technical contacts for Neff's Kozmic website was:

Technical Contact:
New World Concepts, Inc.
Mark Williams (markw@ANW.COM)
+1.6269644952
Fax: +1.0000000000
PMB 544
18373A E Colima Rd
Rowland Heights, 91748
US

New World Concepts has a webpage on Heaven's Gate

http://anw.com/halebopp/Applewhite.htm

One of the earliest promoters of Rense on Usenet was a Skye Turell or Skye Turrell. Skye has a video out on the International Remote Viewers Association

whttp://www.paranormalnews.com/shop/ShoppingCart.aspx?action=add&u=&nProductId=3256

And has also done several reviews for the IRVA magazine

http://www.irva.org/ApertureList.html

IRVA is the umbrella organization odf all things RV. Swann, Puthoff, Targ, Alexander etc were all there at the last one.

Here is Turrell's blurb on Rense from 1997

http://groups.google.com.au/group/alt.conspiracy/msg/16759baeeed9b498?q=skye+rense&hl=en&lr=&rnum=5

Subject: Jeff Rense New Radio Network Affiliation
This is the only article in this thread
View: Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.alien.research, alt.alien.visitors, alt.conspiracy,
alt.paranet.ufo
Date: 1997/03/29

Just received the following from Jeff Rense, host of "End of the
Line," radio show that should be of interest to all readers of these
newsgroups. Jeff regularly interviews the top names in Ufology,
Alternative Health, Remote Viewing and other subjects.

Check out his web page -- also excellent -- for more details. -- Skye
(turel33@west.net)

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 00:50:43 -0700
Reply-To: eotl@west.net
To: turel33@west.net
Subject: Jeff Rense/End of the Line

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jeff Rense and the End of the Line Go To Top National Radio Network!

We are extremely pleased to announce Jeff Rense and the End of the
Line have moved to Premiere Radio Networks as of 3-31-96. The End
of the Line can also be heard live on Real Audio worldwide on the
Internet simply by going to the EOTL website (www.endoftheline.com)
and clicking on Real Audio.

Premiere is recognized as one of the top two radio network syndicators
in America and features such renowned hosts as: Michael Reagan, Ken
Hamblin, Leeza Gibbons, and Jim Rhome. The addition of Jeff Rense to
its stellar stable of talent allows Premiere Radio Networks to move
into new national prime time radio territory with advanced information
that is second to none.

End of the Line show times will remain the same. However, satellite
channel numbers will change beginning Monday, 3-31-97. In order to
continue receiving the program, affiliate radio stations must reset
their satellite receivers to the new channels. Listeners and
supporters of the End of the Line are urged to contact their local
talk station Program Director or Station Management immediately and
notify them of the new satellite information so as not to miss a
single program.

Monday-Friday 6-8pm PST, 9-11pm EST
SATCOM C5 Transponder 23 Channel 17

Sundays 8-11pm PST, 11-2am EST
SATCOM C5 (Transponder and Channel data by 4-2-97)

In addition, per your requests there will be even more EOTL interview
time each hour! There will now only be three commercial breaks during
the hour and no news break at the half hour.

For further technical information, network and affiliate questions or
problems contact Amy Austin and/or Barry Victor at:

PREMIERE RADIO NETWORKS
15260 Ventura Blvd 5th Floor Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
818 377-5300 818 377-5333 Fax Website: www.premrad.com
Skye was living in Santa Barbara where Rense's first shows were broadcast from under the title of www.endoftheline.com (The archive is blocked so can't look that one up)

Rense describes Turrell as a "friend"

http://www.rviewer.com/main/JR10-01-2000Transcript.html

There's some weird stuff here. It's the whole San Diego/SAIC/Heaven's gate/Hale Bopp Neff/ Santa Brabara/ Rense / Remote viewing connections.

The JP Essene guy has an article on the SAIC Heaven's gate thing here.

http://www.theeunderground.net/Features/heavensgate6.shtml

There's an article by Hopsicker linking Heavens Gate rental property to ex Iranians who had involvement with some of the 9/11 "terrorists" here.

http://www.madcowprod.com/mc6712004.html

One thing that has always struck me about the Rense site is that it is most definitely NOT a sort of "cottage industry" thing. There are some big bux behind it in spite of the tacky appearance of the site. In fact, I think
the tacky appearance is deliberate.

People working on that updating and sourcing must have considerable resources both in terms of money and staff.

I had a closer look at the page and noted that a "Violeta Romanov" was listed as a producer, or whatever.

So, a quick search on that name brought up very slim pickings, but there was the following:

http://www.superfastprofit.com/marketingresources/23/associate-nbc-news-program.html

associate nbc news program
Top associate nbc news program sites
where the Rense show is listed as an nbc associate:

Jeff Rense Program - Nationwide Radio And Global On The Internet
... Rense.com - World's Most Revealing News Service. Stories Move Fast ...
Reuters, NBC Staff Abused By US Troops In Iraq ... Violeta Romanov -
Associate Producer. Frances Fontaine - Research ...
http://www.rense.com
Another name was listed at the bottom of the Rense page: Andrea Lea. However, the results for this were iffy. Nothing was really a grabber.

My guess is that they are "altered" names. It doesn't seem too likely that somebody doing that kind of work on a website would have so little "web presence" from the past.

There is a book on AIDS by a Jeffrey Rense listed on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/096489890X/qid=1104864538/sr=1-14/ref=sr_1_14/104-9014443-5232756?v=glance&s=books

# Mass Market Paperback: 420 pages
# Publisher: BioAlert Press (September, 1997)
# ISBN: 096489890X
It is out of print, and there is one used copy available in Oregon.

Using "Jeffrey Rense" as a search term brought up this:

http://beta.theeroticreview.com/discussion_boards/viewmsg.asp?MessageID=14868&boardID=39&page=1

funtime69 you and Rense.com deserve each other and belong together
Posted by The Marovingian, 11/21/2004 11:32:26 AM

For anyone interested, Rense.com is a one man operation run by an ex-convict
named Jeffrey Rense out of his bedroom apartment in Malibu. He finances his
operation through donations from ignorant fools like funtime69, and makes
extra cash on the side selling maps to the Stars homes as well as his
"authentic" pictures of aliens, and alien spacecraft from a street corner
off Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu (I've seen 'em, they are poorly
photoshopped montages of existing UFO imagery). He has no connection to any
legitimate news or political organization, and is considered nothing more
than a local nuisance who's biggest talent is playing tourists and fools
like funtime69 for suckers.

Want his address and phone number? Or just the name of his parole officer?
Both are readily available publicly on the Net if you know where to search.

-- Modified on 11/21/2004 11:33:18 AM

-- Modified on 11/21/2004 5:00:12 PM
There is nothing wrong with being an ex-con, IMO. But what if an ex-con made a deal to get out?

Then, of course, there is http://www.riprense.com/

Another guy in a moustache with a tacky photo. This fellow is on the internet though. And, appears to be based in California. He started out working for the LA Daily News, LA Herald-Examiner and LA Times.
(http://www.riprense.com/Riprense.htm)

The LA Daily News seemed to be a bit of a "rogue" or "alternative" newspaper also at one time.

See: http://www.laexaminer.com/mt/archives/week_2003_05_11.html

"GREAT PROFILE OF LA'S 'BASTARD TABLOID'

We're a week late to this one, but the LA Times Magazine ran a
terrific little reminiscence last Sunday about the original Los
Angeles Daily News, the "bastard tabloid" launched by Cornelius
Vanderbilt, transformed by E. Manchester Boddy (a "whimsical,
mustachioed itinerant bookseller" who went on to found the Descanso
Gardens) into a plucky liberal dart-thrower, and eventually bought off
and killed by the hated LA Times. The Daily News was a "union paper
from the get-go in a nonunion town," it "employed women and minorities
when this just did not happen," and its 10 editions per day were
stuffed with "the favorite columnists in town," according to the
various ex-staffers and newspaper historians cited. Of several great
quotes, this one from USC Journalism Professor Joe Saltzman stands
out: "Everybody who wanted to be a hard-drinking, tough newspaper-man
-- and that included women -- would go to the Daily News. It was a
newspaperman's paper. These people were in the mold of the 'Front
Page' kind of reporters. They drank a lot, they cursed a lot, they
worked all kinds of hours. They didn't care about any authority. They
were out to get the LA Times, which they considered the conservative
enemy of newspapers." The author of the article, Rip Rense, has a
terrific website of his own, with articles about former Valley News
journalist Joe Shinn, newspaper editing legend Jim Bellows, and more.
As it happens, Joseph Farah the editor of worldnetdaily.com, (thought by many to be a Zionist propaganda rag) has this to say about Rip Rense;

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15027

" Let me tell you about Rip Rense. I have known this guy for maybe 20 years. I first worked with him
at the Los Angeles Herald Examiner in the 1980s.

He's a gem. And you can only read his weekly "Rense Retort," I'm proud to say, right here in
WorldNetDaily. Rip Rense is an award-winner. His WorldNetDaily column, "The House Next Door," which
concerned Taiwan's struggle with China, won an essay contest sponsored by the island nation. Rense's
entry competed with 20,000 others. "

" Rip Rense, the brother of talk-show host Jeff Rense, is a former columnist for the Los Angeles
Times and a regular contributor to TV Guide. He has also written for Emmy Magazine, People Magazine,
Spin, Free China Review and a host of other magazines. "
SG - So Rip and Jeff Rense are brothers. I couldn't find any other story about this essay winning a contest sponsored by Taiwan. Only Rip himself and Joseph Farah seem to state this is a fact. According to Rip's site the essay won amongst 25,000 entries. (the number goes up.)

Rip's article was actually called 'The house around the corner' and is very anti-china/communist.

Also, Rip plays down government involvement in 9/11 (he occasionally suspects, but never really goes
anywhere with it).

If you search in google for threads with [rip - china - communist] etc, you find that Rip Rense is very popular with union/workers web sites that are very anti-Bush, but all these other sites seem set up to attack communism even more than the Bush cabal...

From Rip's 'award winning' article http://www.riprense.com/Articles.htm

" China has an ancient, wretched history of instability and bloody in-fighting, and current
conflicts only bolster the old argument that Chinese people are not capable of ruling themselves
peacefully. A solid case can be made that Taiwan, in the last 50 years, is the finest example of
peace (and certainly, democracy) in the history of China.

May it remain so.

And may the U.S. government -- so daintily playing footsie with the volatile, hegemonic rulers of
the mainland, treading a path between protecting investments in both nations -- ensure that it
remain so. "
This particlar article is quite 'tame' compared to some other articles he writes, where he really goes after that scary Red Threat...

As noted, worldnetdaily is a bit problematical as a promoter for a brother of Jeff Rense. It seems that worldnetdaily now and then gets into the anti-semitic accusation game:

http://www.fff.org/comment/com0308l.asp

Shame on WorldNetDaily

[...] More seriously, placing me in the company of "the Holocaust-denying Institute
for Historical Review" can only have been intended to imply that I am a Holocaust-
denier. Re-read her sentence and the title of her article. Since the people at IHR are
not known to be libertarians, there was no other purpose in mentioning the
organization. In other words, Mercer has smeared me. Since I am a Jew, she was
denied the opportunity to accuse me of anti-Semitism and so had to settle for hinting
that I deny that millions of Jews were slaughtered by Hitler and the Nazis. As one who
lost family in the Shoah, I find this more than a little ironic. [...]
and:
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35068

WHISTLEBLOWER MAGAZINE: THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM

and:
WND probe reveals worldwide explosion of Jew-hatred

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29841

Europe's new face of anti-Semitism
5 countries now ban production of kosher meat as synagogues burn, boycott of
Israel continues

There is more, but these examples should suffice for now.

Why would worldnetdaily seemingly deliberately bring up Jeff Rense at all? After all, Jeff Rense has certainly played a role in stirring up mindless hatred toward Jews.

Worldnet again plugs Rense in the last paragraph of this article:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=17365

TRN hosts Rense and Savage, who really is a hate-monger, conservative talk show host.

Savage talk radio
Liberal San Francisco spawns in-your-face conservative host
Posted: January 21, 2000
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Julie Foster

Anders said:
I seriously doubt that any of the things mentioned on Rense are of any real importance, other than providing us with evidence of the direction that the PTB don't want us to look.
Dimitris said:
I have no intention, of course, to defend Rense.com against allegations that its creator Jeff Rense is an 'asset of Cointelpro', because, frankly, NOBODY should need to defend his PUBLIC utterances or posted articles against such ridiculous slander - even if it was secretly true!
Anders said:
It does not follow logically that IF Rense is Cointelpro, then everybody whose articles have been posted on rense past, present and future are also Cointelpro. For example: It only takes one agent to infiltrate an organisation. Yet, that does not say anything about the people of such an infiltrated organisation. Many are probably well meaning and sincere. And their articles can furthermore be quite truthful. My question was in regard to the importance of the articles and whether the real importance was not on something altogether different, which could possibly be seen in the what was not displayed on the website. And more importantly WHY.
Your penchant for self-contradiction is only matched by your refusal to admit it - which is why you constantly fall back to it.

Firstly, you all (and I mean ALL of you, Laura&Ark et al) have completely ignored - or pretend to have 'missed' - the highlighted qualifier in my original post on this thread, where I clearly state that EVEN IF Rense is secretly Cointelpro, this does not make your argument any less sectarian, divisive and counterproductive for your own declared objectives as truth-seekers.

The same is true, of course, with regard to your cruel, vicious and derisory invective against me and others, in your express aim to 'take us apart' for daring to challenge your self-assured abuse of quasi-psychiatric jargon. If clinical practice hadn't rendered me immune to this type of vindictive psycho-babble - so often confronted in the early stages of resistance to therapy - I wouldn't bother trying to bring 'some fresh air' in your suffocating discourse (i.e. a change of 'subject') when I saw how you were treating my unfortunate 'forerunner', Durand - and neither would Rense, Alex Jones, Ray Allan or Tom and Carissa, for that matter!

Secondly, let's assume that Rense is indeed Cointelpro. What better reasons could you offer him to squash you if he was bent on marginalizing and suppressing your otherwise valuable and insightful work, than to brand him Cointelpro?

Not only that; you also denigrade all the articles of his guests and contributors as not being 'of any real importance, other than providing us with evidence of the direction that the PTB don't want us to look.' Surely, A Cointelpro agent would be grateful to you, for easing his burden of finding excuses to paste you into the dark corners of the Truth Movement which he is trying to manipulate, or wouldn't he?

By the same token, let's assume that Rense, like myself, is neither Cointelpro nor a 'useful idiot' of the PTB who are out to get you - and you alone.

But unlike myself, who doesn't have a personal website (as medical ethics forbid it), Jeff has a very successful 'alternative information' portal to run. And he has to cope with a constant barrage of mainstream media propaganda, branding THE WHOLE of the global Truth Movement as 'lunatic fringe', 'Internet whackos', 'raving conspiracy theorists' etc, etc.

What then, should Jeff do with self-proclaimed activists in this Movement, who, not only savage their fellow truth-seekers with similar (if not more 'scientific') slurs but do everything in their power to justify this mainstream propaganda against them?

Thirdly, you cast yourselves (or Rense) in the role of an 'organization' where 'it only takes one agent to infiltrate' and manipulate for his own pathocratic designs. But neither Rense nor you nor any other avowed truth-seekers would like to be such a closely-knit, defensive and suspicious organisation that needs guarding against infiltration from hostile agents! And yet, you wax oracular against my cautionary, sympathetic advice that you may be digging your own Sectarian graves and risk annulling the bulk of a lifetime's work, if you persevere on following this track.

Laura said:
So, overall, it really begins to smell like Protocol 12...
And this is the bottom line. An alleged professional psychiatrist comes forth with the 'friendly' advice to drop Ponerology, or at least tone it down. Same professional then adamantly insists that questioning other "seekers of truth" is ethically criminal to say the least.

In early Christianity there were two schools. One proclaimed: "Research the Scriptures" (although questioning was not implied). The other proclaimed: "Believe and do not Research". However, if research does not lead to questioning, what is its meaning? And if questioning leads us to accepting only answers of a predetermined type that do not threaten the "Scriptures", then what is the point of it?

Yet, Dimitris does not seem to be concerned if Rense is CoIntelPro or not. He just doesn't want anyone expressing bad publicity.

Dimitris said:
Secondly, let's assume that Rense is indeed Cointelpro. What better reasons could you offer him to squash you if he was bent on marginalizing and suppressing your otherwise valuable and insightful work, than to brand him Cointelpro?
Squash? Isn't this rather a harsh term? Do not question or you will be squashed? I won't even get into the issue of veiled threats. To not question because we fear being squashed is what the PTB want. Must we cater to their wants?

Dimitris said:
By the same token, let's assume that Rense, like myself, is neither Cointelpro nor a 'useful idiot' of the PTB who are out to get you - and you alone.
"You- and you alone" is an assumption, that I have not heard claimed by SOTT, and hence untrue. And the PTB are after those who threaten it. How they react depends on the magnitude of the threat, and how much they can get away with. To imply SOTT believes they are the ONLY threat is simply a veiled accusation that SOTT is paranoid and lacks the credibility of sanity.

Dimitris said:
But unlike myself, who doesn't have a personal website (as medical ethics forbid it), Jeff has a very successful 'alternative information' portal to run. And he has to cope with a constant barrage of mainstream media propaganda, branding THE WHOLE of the global Truth Movement as 'lunatic fringe', 'Internet whackos', 'raving conspiracy theorists' etc, etc.
I have seen many medical practitioners with web sites, and am not familiar with particular rules of medical ethics about it. Why would medical ethics forbit it? Specifically, the Americam Medical Association provides guidelines for websites, but does not pose questions of ethics within those guidelines. And ANY individual may have a personal website to express his/her personal views.

From http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/1905.html regarding Guidlines for Medical and Health Information Sites on the Internet:

Guidelines for AMA Web Sites

The following guidelines apply to all American Medical Association (AMA) Web sites, including any Web sites with which the AMA's name is associated in any way other than a simple link to any of the AMA Web sites. These guidelines are the AMA's policy for its Web sites but also are intended to provide guidance for creators of Web sites that provide medical and health information for professionals and consumers. These guidelines are established with the understanding that the World Wide Web is a constantly evolving technology, and the guidelines must be reviewed and revised frequently to ensure that they reflect the current state of technology and practice on the Web....
And this refers to associations with the AMA. Regarding Medicine, Ethics and Medical Informatics the following site has a more general analysis, but nowhere does it say that developing a personal website is unethical in itself.

http://www.journeyofhearts.org/jofh/jofh_old/minf_528/intro.htm

Anyway, that is a detail indicating lack of knowledge regarding Medical Informatics and the ethics regarding them...

Regarding the rest: There is general clumping under one roof of two different directions. The first is the practice of discerning criticism by real seekers of truth, and the second is the general categorization of the WHOLE of the truth movement as 'whackos'. Yet, I would like to ask: WHAT TRUTH MOVEMENT? This sounds like a homogenous organizational or ideological entity, when in truth it is a sum of people sincere about the truth mixed up with others who are not sincere.

Let's gain perspective here. When you have a "movement" all too often the few speak for the many, and define the parameters of what the truth is. THAT is what is being questioned here. People are being fed terror stories, and to feel secure they see getting behind the "truth movement" as their only option. There is a networking of people sincere of understanding the goings on around them, but to encompass EVERYONE claiming to be a "truth seeker" (a truly "noble" title) behind a homogenous movement, is ideological entrapment.

What I see is sincere investigators corraled in organizations claiming to be "truth seeking". There may well be a day when networking evolves into a spontaneously organized non-hierarchical "movement", but before that day comes people need to be able to discern truth from lies. Being fed line after line of selective information is not enough. People must learn to place that information in context with the reality that surrounds them and their own constantly cultivated ability to accept or reject that information as useful to their search for truth and a better life.

No one, and I mean no one who is a sincere advocate of the truth fears being questioned since questioning is NOT interrogation in this instance. And no one with any critical ability worthy of mention will jump to conclusions just because somebody told them to do so, at least not without researching. As far as I am concerned, SOTT is the ONLY group that emphasizes the exercising of critical ability and applies this method in its forum. This forum is a school where there is first-hand experience of critical application, and that teaches people far more than any fear-inspiring "news" can.

Things are much too serious in the world today to adopt a "brothers under the flag of truth" attitude. And historically, it has always been the MOVEMENT that has been the primary squasher of truth. Questioning the MOVEMENT is, therefore, the FIRST thing any sincere seeker should do, because corruption is much more effective when it comes from within than from without.

Dimitris said:
What then, should Jeff do with self-proclaimed activists in this Movement, who, not only savage their fellow truth-seekers with similar (if not more 'scientific') slurs but do everything in their power to justify this mainstream propaganda against them?
Jeff has nothing to worry about. People will always read the articles, and avoiding the Rense site is not what was advocated. Reading it critically was. 'Savage' is another subjectively harsh term substituted for the verb "to question". 'Slur' is another such term, substituted for "researched view". "Truth-seeker" is an assumption in a situation where suspended belief is the only objective attitude when confronted with these self-proclaimed paragons. Again, if Rense is a sincere "truth-seeker" the PEOPLE will decide by weighing the evidence from all directions. To attack those who question is to attack the very foundation of truth-seeking itself.

And how does questioning an individual or organization regarding the credibility of their intentions justify the mainstream propaganda against them, which in fact expresses accusations from the opposite end of the ideological spectrum? On the contrary, if the mainstream saw that Rense is accused of being "against" the real truth, the media would befriend, support and probably offer their assistence, perhaps even financially. They might even believe it themselves and leave Jeff alone of not go out of their way to help his "cause".

SOTT may be saving Jeff's life if indeed he is sincere, by casting doubt on him.

Dimitris said:
Thirdly, you cast yourselves (or Rense) in the role of an 'organization' where 'it only takes one agent to infiltrate' and manipulate for his own pathocratic designs. But neither Rense nor you nor any other avowed truth-seekers would like to be such a closely-knit, defensive and suspicious organisation that needs guarding against infiltration from hostile agents! And yet, you wax oracular against my cautionary, sympathetic advice that you may be digging your own Sectarian graves and risk annulling the bulk of a lifetime's work, if you persevere on following this track.
Actually it does only take one to infiltrate. However, it takes coherent organization to catch that infiltration and learn from it. The point is not preventing infiltration here. The point is catching it, to understand its means, methods and motivations. Thus, there is no question here of defensiveness or suspicion in the paranoid sense. There is, however, a necessary preparedness and sense of alertness to what is going on. This is healthy, and something to which any 'organization', as you call it, should aspire.

Dimitri, waxing in oracular fashion is more your forte, I believe. Your advice is neither cautionary (unless it comes in the form of veiled threats) nor sympathetic, and I need not quote your wealth of material on this forum for examples.

And once again, sincere seekers question, accept and reject. The only ones to threaten them in this process are those opposed to truth. And if a lifetime's work must be protected by avoiding discernement and refraining from questioning, it is not worth the paper upon which it is printed and should be thrown out anyway.

Dimitris said:
Anders said:
It does not follow logically that IF Rense is Cointelpro, then everybody whose articles have been posted on rense past, present and future are also Cointelpro. For example: It only takes one agent to infiltrate an organisation. Yet, that does not say anything about the people of such an infiltrated organisation. Many are probably well meaning and sincere. And their articles can furthermore be quite truthful. My question was in regard to the importance of the articles and whether the real importance was not on something altogether different, which could possibly be seen in the what was not displayed on the website. And more importantly WHY.
Your penchant for self-contradiction is only matched by your refusal to admit it - which is why you constantly fall back to it.
On this Forum we are doing our best to avoid empty statements, statements that are not supported by analysis. The statement by Dimitris above is an example of such an empty statement. Statements like the one above have only one purpose: to manipulate the audience. They do not add anything to the discussion.

Dimitris said:
Firstly, you all (and I mean ALL of you, Laura&Ark et al) have completely ignored - or pretend to have 'missed' - the highlighted qualifier in my original post on this thread, where I clearly state that EVEN IF Rense is secretly Cointelpro, this does not make your argument any less sectarian, divisive and counterproductive for your own declared objectives as truth-seekers.
The same kind of empty and clearly manipulative statement. It does not provide us with any information, any data. Yet it uses the same old manipulative terms: "sectarian, divisive, counterproductive", without providing any data whatsoever.

Dimitris said:
The same is true, of course, with regard to your cruel, vicious and derisory invective against me and others, in your express aim to 'take us apart' for daring to challenge your self-assured abuse of quasi-psychiatric jargon.
Same as above. We have now other terms: "cruel, vicious, derisory, self-assured abuse, quasi-psychiatric jargon". Yet again no data, no discussion. The only purpose is, as it seems, to create a certain atmosphere.

Dimitris said:
If clinical practice hadn't rendered me immune to this type of vindictive psycho-babble - so often confronted in the early stages of resistance to therapy - I wouldn't bother trying to bring 'some fresh air' in your suffocating discourse (i.e. a change of 'subject')
We have new terms "vindictive psycho-babble, suffocating discourse". Yet no data, no discussion. This is another typical manipulation.

Dimitris said:
... when I saw how you were treating my unfortunate 'forerunner', Durand - and neither would Rense, Alex Jones, Ray Allan or Tom and Carissa, for that matter!
Dimitris, if you do not like this Forum - just LEAVE. Go somewhere else. Isn't it simple?

Dimitris said:
Secondly, let's assume that Rense is indeed Cointelpro.
Good, let's assume that Rense is indeed Cointelpro, and let's remember that there are lot of data that support such an assumption.

Dimitris said:
What better reasons could you offer him to squash you if he was bent on marginalizing and suppressing your otherwise valuable and insightful work, than to brand him Cointelpro?
What are the reasons? Many possible reasons. You can think some of these. Use the Socratic method, concentrate your mind on searching for such reasons (instead of concentrating on manipulations). It does not take a genius to come with some good conclusions. Think: there is armed CRS in France, and yet there are protesting students and they win. Why? Police have all the necessary power to defend the government. And yet protesting students win. Why? Think about it! Find more similar cases by yourself, use your thinking capacity. You may even come up with something new and original that we did not think about!

Dimitris said:
Not only that; you also denigrade all the articles of his guests and contributors as not being 'of any real importance, other than providing us with evidence of the direction that the PTB don't want us to look.'
Again a manipulative statement. No arguments given. No data. Not one example. Simply we see once more "denigrate". This is addressed to the audience. A typical manipulation.

Dimitris said:
Surely, A Cointelpro agent would be grateful to you, for easing his burden of finding excuses to paste you into the dark corners of the Truth Movement which he is trying to manipulate, or wouldn't he?
See above. Pure manipulation. No data, no discussion and analysis of the data. It looks like Dimitris has been "assigned" to this Forum with a "mission". What would be this mission? It is not difficult to guess. My working hypothesis is that Dimitris has been assigned by the "overlords" of Lambrakis Press. But what is Lambrakis Press? Perhaps some investigation can bring some interesting light on this subject. A good research project.

Dimitris said:
The end of this statement is a typical manipulation: "to get you - and you alone.". A logical error, evidently deliberate this time. From the fact that Rense and Dimitris may be after us, does not follow in the least that they are "after us alone". And yet Dimitris writes "and you alone" in order to mislead the audience, in order to achieve a certain psychological effect. No data, no analysis, but just the false statement "you alone".

Dimitris said:
But unlike myself, who doesn't have a personal website (as medical ethics forbid it),
This is another false and manipulative statement. No medical ethics prohibits having web sites. Medical ethics has nothing to do with web sites or with doctors publishing books and articles, giving interviews, sharing their knowledge and experiences. Dimitris teaches us very well how to spot manipulations and falsehoods.

Dimitris said:
Jeff has a very successful 'alternative information' portal to run.
President Bush has "very successful" country to run, but what it has to do with GWB himself and with his politics?

Dimitris said:
And he has to cope with a constant barrage of mainstream media propaganda, branding THE WHOLE of the global Truth Movement as 'lunatic fringe', 'Internet whackos', 'raving conspiracy theorists' etc, etc.
We do not even know if Jeff Rense exists? Who is behind Rense? That is the main question. The available data indicate that it is COINTELPRO. These data need to be taken into account in any reasonable analysis. One of the aims of COINTELPRO is to derail any deeper analysis. A typical example: Bush is such a good Christian! Therefore if you criticise Bush, you are a bad boy!

Dimitris said:
Let me repeat it again: We do not even know if Jeff Rense exists? Who is behind Rense? That is the main question. The available data indicate that it is COINTELPRO. These data need to be taken into account in any reasonable analysis. One of the aims of COINTELPRO is to derail any deeper analysis. A typical example: Bush is such a good Christian! Therefore if you criticise Bush, you are a bad boy!

Dimitris said:
Thirdly, you cast yourselves (or Rense) in the role of an 'organization' where 'it only takes one agent to infiltrate' and manipulate for his own pathocratic designs.
Wrong and manipulative logic. We do not cast ourselves or Rense. We simply state that such things do happen. We do not say that it happened to Rense, as we do not have enough total data about Rense. We do not know whether Jeff Rense is a real person. We do not know what kind of organization is behind rense.com. But the available data suggest that it may be COINTELPRO, and that is our working hypothesis at the present moment.

Dimitris said:
But neither Rense nor you nor any other avowed truth-seekers would like to be such a closely-knit, defensive and suspicious organisation that needs guarding against infiltration from hostile agents! And yet, you wax oracular against my cautionary, sympathetic advice that you may be digging your own Sectarian graves and risk annulling the bulk of a lifetime's work, if you persevere on following this track.
Now we have "sympathetic advice" and "Sectarian graves." Yet no arguments are given, no data. Pure manipulation again. My working hypothesis is that the whole purpose of Dimitris' posts on this Forum is one from a well known category: to dilute rational discussion. This kind of "activity" can be seen on many forums. They start in a good way, and then the "diluters" come with their methods and their missions. It is good to keep in mind what the great physicist John Archibald Wheeler (Princeton University) was repeating again and again (but Wheeler was providing data to support his statement): "No phenomenon is a phenomenon unless it is an observed phenomenon". Therefore, let us observe the phenomenon, let us note the attempts to dilute the discussion here. Knowledge Protects Ignorance Endangers - and here we can apply this general principle!

That MTV clip is priceless. Watching the host squirm at the end...

I remember hearing an interview on NPR with a young guy from the Brookings Institution who wrote a book on private military contractors and the whole privatisation of the military. At the end the interviewer asked if the whole thing was "good for the country" or not. You could almost hear the sweat breaking out on the author's forehead as he tried to not say what he was thinking. You could feel his fear. He ended up stammering with a wishy washy thing like, "well it's hard to say, there are good and bad things..."

Back
Top Bottom