Jesus, Yeshua, Jesinavarah

A Jesus for Our Time

Hi Russ, could you, perhaps, point out the parts you find interesting?

A Jesus for Our Time

anart said:
Hi Russ, could you, perhaps, point out the parts you find interesting?
OK, I do find most of it interesting.

I think it is interesting that Jesus discovered that people were not concerned with one and other, but more concerned with themselves, and that they forgot that they "start off" the same as everyone else, and that this "attitude" would be passed down the generations. Its not really mentioned in the same way in other texts, which is interesting in itself I think. But this "start off the same" doesn't mean that no one is a psychopath, and that everyones mind and body is the same, but the very core of everyone is the same "phenomenon" - kind of like an "aware will". The "troubled soul of Jesus" seems to be about this lack of knowledge, and where it leads - namely into psychopaths being able to take advantage of this lack of knowledge, and encourage people to completely bypass it - people living for the ego and the body and mind, without consideration. I can see why that would be troubling, but its interesting that it could be because of a certain knowledge that is forgotten, that the selfishness can be perpetuated by the lack of awareness of that knowledge - and that such a simple thing, if realised fully, would act as a neutraliser to many people who wouldn't normally act like a psychopath.

There is also the problem that the knowledge, although "obvious" is the kind of thing you could "walk right past" for your whole life, and not even notice. And when someone says something about it, they sound crazy or stupid, because its so easy to misunderstand, and also, people who are so attached to their "individuality" aren't going to want to put much effort in to something that will effectively remove it - they will no longer be "special" by themselves, or part of a "special" group. So if you find that the world is like this, then you can guess where its going.

But the main reason I think its interesting is that its such a simple thing, and the more I look at it, the more it makes sense. And I think it is essential that people who want to help, learn about it, if not only to dissolve their own ego, but to act freely, without the worries and insecurities that placing so much importance and identification on the mind and body can have. There is also the drastic change in perspective, on what has value, on what is right and wrong, on how to help etc.

I find it interesting that it is written that Jesus said these things, because although they may look similar to a lot of things he said, I think some of what is written in the Gospel of Thomas is a lot more complete, and make a lot more sense. Of course a lot of the parables Jesus said did make sense to me, but when hes talking about the "kindom of God" etc I never really "got it". Maybe I still don't, but its the closest I ever got to something written about it that makes sense.

I think this is interesting, "The lost Gospel according to Thomas, discovered "by accident" in an Egyptian cave in 1945 [...] It contains no miracles or tall stories, no walkings on the water; no raisings from the dead, no immaculate conceptions or ascensions into heaven or descents into hell: nothing at all to strain our credulity.", almost as if it is part of what Jesus has said that hasn't been tampered with by those seeking to "shut him up" and at the same time use him to perpetuate confusion and blind belief.

"I am the Light which is over everything. I am the All. From me the All has gone forth, and to me the All has returned. Split the wood and I am there. Lift the stone and you will find me."

I think here its interesting because it makes me think of the grand cycle, and the mechanics of it. I bolded those parts because it seems to me that Jesus isn't talking about "Jesus" but literally "I" and "me", as a universal phenomenon.

Theres so much I find interesting about it. I could put some more but I think I covered most of the main things I find interesting.

A Jesus for Our Time

Hi

I'm still a newbie here, if not in terms of time, then in terms of # of posts to this forum. So I'm very tentative when trying to contribute here so as not to be clueless, quite frankly. So I hope I'm not being presumptuous in offering this excerpt in an attempt to help clarify a "question" that Russ kind of "asked". In reference to "The Kingdom of Heaven", here is one of several references to it by Maurice Nicoll, in Psychological Commentaries on the Teaching of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky (p. 728-29)

Nicoll said:
Now let me speak about the next level of Being awaiting you. What for you is the Kingdom of Heaven? What for you is the Conscious Circle of Humanity? It is no good thinking about matters very remote from you. The whole thing is very close to you--in fact, "closer than your next vein". Your Kingdom of Heaven, your Conscious Circle of Humanity, is your next level of Being, which lies very close to but very distinct from, your present level of Being. That is why it is such a good thing to work on yourself. That is why once you begin to see this you feel that you have something that one one will ever take away from you. You begin to understand what the Work is about, what the Kingdom of Heaven is about, what the Conscious Circle of Humanity is about, on your own scale. Each of one you can become a little more conscious than you are. Each one of you, whether man or woman, can live a little more consciously than you do. Each one of you can feel the force of the Work entering you in the ordinary affairs of the day. You can do this Work, remember. You cannot do in life, but you can do this Work.
There are other references to The Kingdom of Heaven that Nicoll wrote of in relation to, for example: level of being, Real "I", uderstanding, etc. This particular excerpt came to mind after reading:

Russ said:
Of course a lot of the parables Jesus said did make sense to me, but when hes talking about the "kindom of God" etc I never really "got it".
Don't know if this helps, or if there was a differing nuanced understanding about the Kindom of Heaven that Russ was referring to, but FWIW.

A Jesus for Our Time

The following text, which offers some new ideas about some old biblical stories is copied from the website
_http://bluehoney.org/bluehoney/index.php?module=documents&JAS_DocumentManager_op=viewDocument&JAS_Document_id=34

...the poor could never afford to buy a hit of ergot to experience ego death, unity consciousness, and heaven-on-earth. But Jesus gave them ergot for free, so that they could experience ego death, and the priests -- who had a thriving business -- were infuriated and seriously threatened...

Full Text :

Entheogens And The Roots Of Christianity
by - Michael Hoffman
_http://www.egodeath.com
_http://www.egodeath.com/entheogenbooks.htm

With the most recent scholarship in entheogens and the roots of Christianity, Jesus can now be recognized as the king and paradigmatic example of the drug policy reformers. Let us hope that our success at making psychedelics freely available for everyone comes sooner than his success has so far.

The other one is Patriarchy and Drug Propaganda, by Dan Russell. This explains the transition from very common psychedelic plant usage to the rise of the authoritarian Catholic Church, which persecuted users of entheogenic plants.

Both explain the psychedelic origin of Christianity, and the tension between those who want everyone to access psychedelics, and the exclusivists who only want the elite power wielders to access psychedelics. There is now a strong case for psychedelic allusions in the Bible. Also Barbara Thiering's Jesus The Man. Together, these books imply the strong hypothesis that Jesus was crucified for providing ergot-bread directly to everyone for free, making an end-run around the artificial scarcity and controlling power of the priests. Common between the priest family who ran Eleusis, the Jewish temple priests, and perhaps even the Catholic priests: they took free access to psychedelics away from the people. "Mystery" means "keep your mouth shut about how to make ergot, or we'll get rid of you." I first read in Strange Fruit the proposal that Socrates was put to death for revealing the formula for Kykeon, the ergot beverage used in the mystery cults such as Eleusis. I think this is extremely plausible when you consider that the ceremonies were controlled and run by families who only permitted a single experience. They had a secret that was always at risk of publication, and their income depended on it. It would have been easy to turn this entheogenic formula into a source of power, income, and manipulative and possibly oppressive systems of belief, by creating and controlling an artificial scarcity.

Buddhism as well has an exclusivism that Buddha didn't intend. A research programme would be to investigate if Mystery Religions, Catholicism, Judaism, and Buddhism all had psychedelic foundations but the public knowledge of the psychedelics was deliberately suppressed in order to gain power over the people. The book Strange Fruit tells how Moses used the poisonous type of ergot to put the Egyptians out of commission -- an example of how knowledge of psychedelics can be turned into political power. God's word told the Jewish priests to always put ergot bread on public display in the temple, but the priests moved it into the restricted secret zone -- the Holy of Holies, taboo and off limits to all but the inner circle (Merkur). Jesus however wanted everyone to access the Holy bread, rather than restricting the people to the Common bread/loaves (Thiering). Taking this a bit furthur, it even suggests that Jesus' real complaint in the temple courtyard was that the priests were selling ergot, and at exorbitant prices, and only to a very select few. That way, the poor could never afford to buy a hit of ergot to experience ego death, unity consciousness, and heaven-on-earth. But Jesus gave them ergot for free, so that they could experience ego death, and the priests -- who had a thriving business -- were infuriated and seriously threatened, and had to get him out of the way to preserve their artificial scarcity. Then the miraculous healings were actually healings of the illusory split between self and world, and Jesus gave them religion meaning re-connection of the separate-self-sense with the world.

The conspiracy activists should assume that like the temple priests, the prohibitionist leaders actually are heavy drug users and their real goal is to gain power through The acid-rock group Rush, in the album 2112, complains about the priests controlling everything and controlling consciousness and forbidding psychedelics. However, the real problem with the priests is that
they hoard ergot technology all to themselves and won't let the public have it -- so that the starving public then can be strung along on lies and false promises of delayed fulfillment and empty assurances to give a feeble sense of reconciliation of self and reality, while seeking that which they really thirst for, while being robbed by the manipulative priests, like televangelists with a cache of psychedelics who use psychedelics just to think of more ways to fleece the flock.

I think prohibition will be repealed when prohibition is understood as a conspiracy rather than as mere accidental confusion, an innocent misunderstanding of human nature. The prohibitionist leaders know damn well what they are doing. You think you have anything to teach them?! The Mystery Religion leaders (families) in Greece were conspirators and monopolists of ergot technology, same with the Jewish priests and possibly the Catholic
hierarchy, Buddhist high gurus, and possibly the prohibitionist leaders. Bush likes coke and brought in coke to target blacks for addiction and jail, and the CIA loves LSD, so it is totally likely that the prohibitionist leaders love to trip. The utmost in naivete is to assume that LSD makes you a nice person, or that if a person takes drugs, they want drug users to walk in
freedom.

None of these authors seem to have discovered the passages I found in the Manual of Discipline, one of the Dead Sea Scrolls which obsesses over the sacred meals and the worst punishment being forbidden to eat the sacred meals, and prohibiting sharing one's sacred meals with a violator of the community's rules. I recall that's part of the Qumran community's scrolls, which would prove that this extremely regimented and radically predestinarian community was *centered around* psychoactive food (ergot loaves). It is not firmly established, from what I've read, that Jesus was in the Qumran community, but at this point I believe Barbara Thiering's Jesus The Man is correct and he was a rebel from within the Qumran religious community. Her theory of pescher reading technique agrees with the end of The Mystery Of Manna (Dan Merkur) -- we should read the Bible and scrolls as utilizing magical stories to describe actual, inner mystical experiences. The Other Bible: Ancient Alternative Scriptures - includes Manual of Discipline on page 208 -- that is part of the Dead Sea Scrolls and was used by the Qumran community. "If... a man... lies... he shall be excluded from the sacred food of the masters for a year, and shall be deprived of a fourth of his food
ration. ... he shall not touch the sacred food of the masters [or] touch the drink of the masters. ... If any man of the community partakes with him of his sacred food... his sentence shall be like his. ... he shall be separated from the sacred food."

Thanks to Merkur's book, I can finally tell a complete, simple, plausible story about Jesus' real mission and why the priests tried to get rid of him. I have also become confident that the cross experientially is the altered-state perception of oneself being frozen in spacetime, suspended and controlled consciously by the all-powerful ground of being which one has no choice but to trust in -- no ultimate choice, since the Ground is ultimately the source of each and every thought and movement of one's own will. Jesus then becomes not so much a savior as a *model* offered to us just as the saviors in the dramatic enactments of the mystery religions. He provides a particularly vivid symbol of the death of the sovereign ego, and symbolic proof that one can go through ego death and yet be permitted to live, and recover. I have to repeat for those who haven't read me, that the purpose of the Shroud of Turin is to demonstrate that Jesus' "death" on the cross was merely a dramatization of death (The Jesus Conspiracy, Holger Kirsten, is now back in print thank goodness); by his leaving proof that he didn't die bodily, Jesus explains to us his spiritual descendents that the real meaning of the cross concerns the experience of ego death, and heaven is something reached in this world through ego death, not in the afterlife after bodily death. All magic and prophetic aspects of the Bible are to be discarded by the spiritually mature.

Psychedelics in manna and in the eucharist had to be suppressed for reasons of power struggles. Barbara Thiering thinks that the pescher-writing-technique (systematic obfuscation/encoding) was required because Jesus really was a rebel leader. We don't know if Jesus really did want the throne he inherited from David. But he did use the opportunity put before him to bodily and vividly tell a story about putting down our experience of sovereign rulership (the ego) to experience ego death and attain knowledge of truth -- in this life, for free, for everyone. This message was intended for anyone accessing the lysergic peak state, which he *hoped* would be a large audience. He thought that if heaven is knowing the truth about our inner nature, reaching heaven is a matter of ego death (seeing through the illusion of the inner king), not a matter of bodily death and of surface morality and the afterlife. He told his story of genuine mystic inner experience in a way that could also be taken by the spiritually immature *and* by the enemies the priests/exclusivists/prohibitionists as silly magic tales -- that's why he talks of miracles and magic and confirms all sorts of nonsense such as questions about hell, and put on a dramatic hoax of dying on the cross. That hoax can be read one way by the immature, and another way by the tripper, and made the priests believe that Jesus "Trips for All for Free" Christ was safely out of the way so that they could continue their business of doling out ergot only to the highest bidders and only to the most well-connected, the inner circle of the elite.

As much as I fear Merkur invading my area -- explaining the experience of ego death in terms of self-control cybernetics -- there is much still to put together, to truly understand how the founding dramas of Christian symbolism equate to contemporary ergot peak experiencing.

I don't see that it was a good or effective idea for Jesus to put on this mystery drama; it didn't accomplish his wish of everyone having access to ego death, though it is quite a coherent symbolic drama packed with meaning, when finally understood through the resonant lens of the psychedelic peak. If the Jews are to finally "believe in Jesus and worship him", that means that the Jews -- the intellectuals -- will again publicly access the ergot loaves and put the ergot loaves back out in the open in the temple, on the sacrifice table, rather than hiding them in the exclusivist holy of holies inner sanctum trip-room where only the priest family can enjoy knowing the Truth.

This train of explanation also leads to a clearer relationship between the ergot bread and blood sacrifice. No scholar of psychedelics and/or Christianity has addressed this connection, but ergot's lesson of ego death lead Abraham to being willing to terminate his family's bloodline if so commanded -- but finally the command of truth is ego death, *not* bodily death. Finally, the would-be sacrifice of Isaac is about ego death, not blood sacrifice, and the Cross is about ego death and enlightenment, not bodily death and resurrection. Ergot, death, symbolism, self-transgression, breaking of conventional moral restraint, and sacrifice... these elements come together in Abraham at the foundation of Judaism and are reflected again in the drama of the cross, but with a shift from winning land and mundane worldly power, to winning the consciousness of heaven and the accompanying self-knowledge that -- from the point of view of unity consciousness -- we are not really prime movers or sovereign kings or responsible agents.

Merkur suggests that the secret which had to be suppressed for political reasons is the psychedelic nature of the sacrament (manna and the Eucharist), and the secret of the procedure for extracting desirable type of ergot from the poisonous kind, from grains. However, he is a psychoanalyst and a historian, but not a philosopher: the secret that one had to keep was also that responsible moral agency is an illusion (from the point of view of high
metaphysics). This was common belief, anyway, in ancient Greece; only Fate, the ultimate ruler even of the gods, could really be blamed or praised. The death of the responsible egoic agent is an affront to the entire human system of morality which is part of civilized culture. Before civilization, there wasn't much reason to prop up the delusion of the responsible sovereign egoic agent, the individual as prime mover. There was a primitive unity consciousness, though ancient Greece just before the legal invention of personal responsibility in the city-states could hardly be called "primitive". Since people then had psychedelics, some of them were more advanced in their self-understanding than typical people are today, in some fundamental respects.

Exodus 16:32, Yahweh commands Moses to preserve manna throughout the generations, so that they all would *see* the bread with which their ancestors were fed in the desert. But the power-hungry priests eventually moved this displayed ergot bread into the secrecy of the inner sanctum.

Leviticus 14:10, Jesus asked the healed leper to take a sample of ergot bread to the priests, as proof that Jesus had the power to kick down the temple and undermine their false scarcity by giving away ergot bread for free to any and all -- like Microsoft trying to destroy Netscape corporation by giving away a web browser for free, thus destroying the possibility of anyone making sales of web browsers into a financially profitable and viable business. If you have a religion based on charging fees for religious fulfillment and reconciliation, but the same result is available for free in ergot bread, openly released onto the Web by Jesus: the people's hacker, you can bring down that entire temple and that entire business/religion, just as David brought down the temple by pulling together its two main supports. The main support of the Jewish temples and the Eleusian priest-families was the *artificial scarcity* of ergot extractions. Destroy that artificial scarcity (which is really pretty easily, as far as natural resources), and you destroy the temple-business, the money-making machine, built upon that artificial scarcity.

Ironically, I doubt that Jesus used psychedelics while on the cross, unless the coma-inducing drugs he took happened to have had a psychedelic side-effect. His bodily dramatization of mystic death and resurrection would likely have been unconvincing had he actually been on psychedelics at the time. However, he could have had some mystic state consciousness due to the traumatization of the ordeal.

Also reading these books, and Strange Fruit, I picked up the equation:
mushrooms = the little mysteries, ergot = the great mysteries.

In Strange Fruit, the author proposes that Christian psychedelic experience used the Amanita entheogen. I do think there could be a place for Amanita in the foundation of Christianity; however, I think ergot is the main psychedelic/entheogen that founded Christianity. In Christianity, the *main* vehicle for the Holy Spirit has been ergot, rather than mushrooms.

Way back in the 60s, reformers argued that psychedelics effectively mimic authentic mystic techniques. Lately, we argue that psychedelics are more authentic than meditation -- that the authentic technique for causing the mystic altered state is psychedelics (entheogens) and the flimsy and untrustworthy simulation is other techniques, such as meditation and sensory deprivation without augmentation with psychoactives. Now, for Christian entheogens, we are moving on to taking for granted all that, and getting on with debating *which* entheogens founded Christianity, debating what the most open channel is for the Holy Spirit -- mushrooms or ergot, and which strain and extraction techniques were used. Merkur's book shines enough brilliant light on the suppressed entheogenic roots of Christianity and Judaism to warrant its copyright date of 2000.

This western religion offers us a cup of ergot extraction and a loaf of ergot bread, leading to effective death of the illusory, false, inner egoic king and consciousness of heaven in which everything fits together as one; shall we refuse the cup that we have been given by this religion? The price is that we must figuratively kill the magical savior and the magical resurrection, to gain a merely mystical savior and mystical resurrection. I remember the day I shed my skin of magical thinking and differentiated it from rational mystical thinking. I don't remember if I wept when the magic Jesus died and left me instead holding the shroud of a living man, gazing upon the returned 4-footed image of Jesus the human mystic trickster.

Merkur makes a strong case for the Holy Grail being a vessel and/or platter for ergot-bread, but he overlooks again and again the Shroud. I think it is likely that the Holy Grail will turn out to involve *both* the ergot-vessel idea *and* the worship of the Shroud. The passion tells of Jesus' chalice and the eucharist at the Last Supper, *and* it tells of his shroud. Just so, the
Holy Grail worship includes a psychedelic chalice *and* worshipping the image of Jesus in his shroud, where the psychedelic opens the mind to see the shroud as forensic evidence that Jesus was prematurely removed from the Cross, so that the Holy Grail participants are aware of literally gazing upon the image of a living Jesus who never had died. This makes the tripper look upon the shroud and weep and tremble and gasp, saying anew, "oh.. my.. God...he's alive, Jesus lives! Look upon the living Jesus... that changes *everything*..." It changes resurrection from a matter of bodily death and miraculous recovery, to a matter of mystic "ecstatic death" (Merkur) and post-rapture recovery. It shifts, all together, all the magical tales of the Bible into mystic allegories referring to the genuine mental phenomena that occur in this life.

Jesus does return, in the Shroud; he does live, in the picture in the Shroud, and heaven does arrive, metaphysically, and one does die and is resurrected, spiritually. The book Holy Blood, Holy Grail argues that Jesus did not die on the cross, but went on to have children and pass on his royal blood to the Cathars in France, who worshipped the Holy Grail -- but he struggles to make sense out of references which are obviously, now, references to the Shroud of Turin, which both shows the 4-footed image of Jesus and is a container of his blood, *and* is concrete forensic evidence that his death on the cross is a virtual, mystical death rather than mundane bodily death -- which explains why the shroud was such a threat to the Church and had to be kept absolutely secret by those who possessed and worshipped it.

The tales in the Bible are true, as far as psychedelic phenomena are concerned -- they are mystically true, as well as accurate, rational, coherent, and meaningful (that's how Merkur concludes the book).

He also points out that in the verses in which Jesus defends consuming anything because impurity comes from within, he starts off implicitly talking about meat, but switches -- remarkably -- to talking about plants. That stands out as a strong signal to trippers because plants never were involved in purity/impurity, only meat -- so why defend taking in any and all *plants* that God planted in the Earth? For plant, here, think especially ergot of grain -- a cultivated plant which could be deliberately brushed with a wild inedible grain which favors the good kind of ergot, as Albert Hofmann concludes in The Road to Eleusis.

The most relevant religious freedom is that freedom which Jesus wanted and which the word of God gave to the Israelites: the freedom for every person to eat manna, "What is it?", the holy ergot-bread, and experience truth and ego death. Other religious freedoms are valid but secondary to this, the most central and relevant religious freedom. Psychedelic religion is the most important religious freedom. Jesus' burning desire was for everyone, even the poor, to be able to consume the holy ergot bread, and his hatred was specifically against those who would hoard the holy ergot bread, charge exorbitantly for it, and take it away from the common people and make it against the law for the "impure" to consume it. Thus Jesus is the figurehead, model, and leader of the drug law reformers, and drug law reform is the very essence of the most sincere, informed, and insightful followers of Jesus.

Fundamentalist Christian author Dave Hunt has a new book out, Occult Invasion, with significant coverage of psychedelics. Interestingly, his objection to psychedelics is purely that they are associated with spirit guides. He doesn't mention the idea of psychedelics giving a vision of the Christian Holy Spirit, though such would fit. A more coherent fundamentalist position that is informed by true understanding of psychedelics would be that psychedelics are the main vehicle for the Holy Spirit, but beware of occult spirit guides.

I suspect that Moses wanted others who consumed the ergot bread to reach the same views he did and have a similar experience of unity consciousness -- a rational experience with little anthropomorphism. A central part of his view was that God was a single controller-entity that had full control over each person's actions. But many who consumed the ergot bread instead adopted a partying approach and experienced a variety of magical spirit-beings. Moses disapproved of that response to the psychedelic food; he felt it was regressive and careless.

The life of Jesus in the Cassiopaean transcripts

Preacher said:
I don't get why people take what the Cassiopaeans say as gospel (excuse the pun). There's much in their rendition on the life of Jesus that I would consider misinformation, especially the birth stories and the patently odd bit of Jesus being taken aboard a space ship. "Life of Brian" is more believable!
Sooner or later You can check up it all.

From records of this forum I see, that people try to think and check the acting information.

After meditations I have found that He was the lefthander.

All winter long, for example, I tried to understand and studied why Sarah represented region of lunar gods and her husband - the Sun...

Akopirnas said:

From records of this forum I see, that people try to think and check the acting information.

All winter long, for example, I tried to understand and studied why Sarah represented region of lunar gods and her husband - the Sun...
Hi Akopirnas,

This post is rather nonsensical. Could you please clarify what you are trying to say?

anart said:
Hi Akopirnas,

This post is rather nonsensical. Could you please clarify what you are trying to say?
I' m not trying, I say in context of theme about transcripts as not gospel, but guide to action, training.

And about some results.

Akopirnas said:
anart said:
Hi Akopirnas,

I' m not trying, I say in context of theme about transcripts as not gospel, but guide to action, training.

And about some results.
You are not trying very hard to be clear, this is true. If English is not your first language, it is understandable that this might be a struggle, but at the very least, an elaboration would be beneficial - as if you understand that this forum cannot read your mind. Please be more externally considerate by writing clearly.

anart said:
You are not trying very hard to be clear, this is true. If English is not your first language, it is understandable that this might be a struggle, but at the very least, an elaboration would be beneficial - as if you understand that this forum cannot read your mind. Please be more externally considerate by writing clearly.
Thanks for understanding; English is my seventh language.

Akopirnas said:
anart said:
Thanks for understanding; English is my seventh language.
Ahh, despite the rather emotional reaction to my initial question, you clearly write English very well, so perhaps, in the future, if you intend to continue to participate on this forum, you can express yourself more clearly when you post and minimize the noise you are introducing. Now that we've determined that you are more than capable of communicating clearly, could you please explain your previous post?

ak said:

I ask this question with the assumption that you are sincere about participating on this forum. Your last two replies indicate otherwise, but it is certainly worthwhile to at least give you this opportunity.

anart said:
Ahh, despite the rather emotional reaction to my initial question, you clearly write English very well, so perhaps, in the future, if you intend to continue to participate on this forum, you can express yourself more clearly when you post and minimize the noise you are introducing. Now that we've determined that you are more than capable of communicating clearly, could you please explain your previous post?

I ask this question with the assumption that you are sincere about participating on this forum. Your last two replies indicate otherwise, but it is certainly worthwhile to at least give you this opportunity.
Yes, actually many forums are not such, because "fora" means "plural".
If obviously one does not possess the right to own opinion, and someone gives it to him, then ... hmm.

Linguistic knowledges do not guarantee that someone will not be engaged in sophistry or will write short suggestions in reply. Probably, distinctions in mentalities cause noise and vision of emotionality. And it's possible that a right answer lies yet deeper.

I try to get closer to the topic of the thread and speak about consequences of studying of the specified information from sessions.

Akopirnas said:
If obviously one does not possess the right to own opinion, and someone gives it to him, then ... hmm.
Perhaps reading this thread would help clarify your understanding of what role 'opinion' plays on this forum - since you seem to not currently understand. http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3925

Your current evidenced attitude indicates that this forum may not be for you - so, perhaps the 'opinion' thread will help you clarify what we do here and why - and why you are currently meeting resistance.

anart said:
Akopirnas said:
Perhaps reading this thread would help clarify your understanding of what role 'opinion' plays on this forum - since you seem to not currently understand. http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3925

Your current evidenced attitude indicates that this forum may not be for you - so, perhaps the 'opinion' thread will help you clarify what we do here and why - and why you are currently meeting resistance.
Thanks, I have found there answers to your questions from first comment.

JESUS' GOSPELS BASED ON CAESAR'S LIFE?

Here is some information on Francesco Rosetta, who claims the Gospels were based on the life of Caesar's - I think it makes sense, but it doesn't mean Jesus didn't exist. In fact, I think the Gospels were a pot-pourri of all th existing myths mixed with the life of Caesar and with a twist of Seneca's dramaturgy... Which is why the Vatican is located in Rome, why the U.S.A. (a Catholic Nation) endorses Israel (Julius Caesar always has favored the Jews and their religion, by decrees) and why the Council of Nicaea constructed the myth in this way, as the hatred towards the Jews was growing after the death of Caesar and why the New Jerusalem may be in fact, Rome. It was made to content everybody at the time and made every Christian indirectly worship the Holy Roman Empire. Perhaps there even was a 'contest' about who would be able to tell the tale of the spiritual Caesar in the best way, i.e. Catholic way. Some won (the 4 gospels) and some lost (the Apocryphal and heretical ones, like the beautiful Pistis Sophia)! I don't discard anything right now!
I must add on top of this - and this my very personal opinion - that the Catholic Church, as well as all the monotheistic religions and secret societies, are worshipping SATURN, the all-seeing eye, the star of David, the eight-pointed star, and many others if not all as he's the Lord of Manifestation, symbol of the Golden Age (of the Lizzies). They all mourn his departure from the North Pole (Saturnalia) and therefore, wish his return (second coming of Christ?), whatever the cost in human lives (New World Order).

(THE GOSPEL OF CAESAR
Discovering the historical Christ
To premiere on November-2-2007
The Gospel of Caesar,
a documentary film by Dutch Public Broadcast
VARA-TELEVISION and director
Jan van Friesland,
makes its world
premiere at the Louis Hartlooper Complex in Utrecht, Holland, on
November 2nd 2007.
Following the tracks of two investigators on their quest for the historical
Jesus this enthralling documentary about the life, death and apotheosis
of ‘the greatest of mortals’ unravels the hidden origin of Christianity.
Francesco Carotta,
an Italian linguist, philosopher and engineer, discovered
that the story of Jesus Christ is based on the life of Caesar.
(Carotta, F. (1999) War Jesus Caesar? Munich.)
Carotta: ‘Everything in the story of Jesus can be found in the biography of Caesar.
The Gospel appears to be the history of the Roman Civil War, a ‘mis-telling’ of the
life of Caesar – from the Rubicon to his assassination – mutated into the narrative
of Jesus, from the Jordan to his crucifixion. Jesus is a true historical figure, he lived
as Gaius Julius Caesar, and resurrected as Divus Julius, later transformed into Jesus.’
Inspired by Carotta’s publication in order to verify this hypothesis, together
with
Pedro García González,
a Spanish priest, they investigated
Roman traces of the passion in the Semana Santa, the Holy Week, and
compared it with the reconstruction of the funeral of Caesar, according
to the ancient sources, which lead to fragments of an earlier passion
about the betrayal, death and ‘crucifixion’ of Caesar.
García González: ‘The death and deification of Caesar is the essence and origin of
Christianity, which happened on the Forum Romanum in Rome.’
Scholars speak of a paradigm shift with respect to the history of Christianity:
‘This is a shift of paradigm in the history of religion.’
- Fotis A. Kavoukopoulos, Ph. D.
‘The author draws parallels between the founder of religion Jesus and Julius Caesar,
the Roman emperor, whose name was given to all succeeding emperors.’
- Erika Simon, Ph.D.
The Passion of Caesar – Discovering the historical Christ
‘This report is of the same order of importance as the scientific discoveries of Darwin
and Galileo… Carotta’s discovery will turn the entire history of civilization upside
down.’
- Paul Cliteur, Ph.D.
‘I try to explain this theory to my pupils at the gymnasium and give arguments for
its plausibility and they react very enthousiastic.’
- Gerard Janssen, MA
‘As a work hypothesis it is very important, especially because it fills a gap, what,
from the point of view of the investigation, heuristic, was never made.’
- Francisco Rodríguez Pascual, Ph.D.
For more than four years the documentary maker accompanied the two
investigators, the linguist and the priest, on their combined search for
traces of the historical Jesus in several locations in Europe, among others
Cyprus, Athens, Rome: Saint Peter and the Forum Romanum,
London: British Museum, Madrid: Escorial, Utrecht: Geldmuseum,
Rascrafría, Segovia en Bercianos de Aliste (Spain), Oberried and
Kirchzarten (Southern Germany), Colmar (France), Leeuwarden: Piter
Jelles Gymnasium.
Van Friesland filmed in churches and monasteries, at scientific congresses
and in Holy Masses. He recorded a reconstruction of the historical
funeral of Caesar, which resembles the crucifixion story of Jesus, in a
Spanish village. Carotta, García González and residents from a Spanish
village performed on the basis of texts about Caesar’s death and funeral.
After the presentation of the documentary there will be a press conference
in which some of the main persons of the film will answer questions:

Francesco Carotta,
author of ‘Jesus was Caesar. On the Julian
origin of Christianity’.

Pedro García González,
Spanish priest.

Mr. Drs. Gerard Janssen,
Plutarchus translator and classics scholar
at the Piter Jelles Gymniasum in Leeuwarden.
The film came about in collaboration with VARA and the Cobo-fonds.
Location: Louis Hartlooper Complex Tolsteegbrug 1 3511 ZN Utrecht
http://www.louishartloopercomplex.nl
Time: 10.30 a.m.
Enclosure belonging to the press release on the documentary
‘The Gospel of Caesar’
Carotta’s theory on the origin of Christianity – the life of Caesar has
been transformed into the hagiography of Jesus – rests on several pillars.
General similarities of the two lives
Both Caesar and Jesus start their rising careers in neighbouring states in
the north: Gallia and Galilee.
Both have to cross a fateful river: the Rubicon and the Jordan. Once
across the rivers, they both come across a patron/rival: Pompeius and
John the Baptist, and their first followers: Antonius and Curio on the
one hand and Peter and Andrew on the other.
Both are continually on the move, finally arriving at the capital,
Rome and Jerusalem, where they at first triumph, yet subsequently undergo
their passion.
Both have good relationships with women and have a special relationship
with one particular woman, Caesar with Cleopatra and Jesus
with Magdalene.
Both have encounters at night, Caesar with Nicomedes, Jesus with
Nicodemus.
Both of them are great orators and of the highest nobility, descendant
of Aeneas and son of David, yet nevertheless both are self-made
men. Both struggle hard and ultimately triumph, hence each has a ‘triumphal
entry’: Caesar on horseback and Jesus on a donkey.
Both have an affinity to ordinary people—and both run afoul of the
highest authorities: Caesar with the Senate, Jesus with the Sanhedrin.
Both are contentious characters, but show praiseworthy clemency as
well: the clementia Caesaris and Jesus’ Love-thy-enemy.
Both are maligned as the friend of publicans and sinners.
Both have a traitor: Brutus and Judas. And an assassin who at first
gets away: the other Brutus and Barabbas. And one who washes his
hands of it: Lepidus and Pilate.
Both are accused of making themselves kings: King of the Romans
and King of the Jews. Both are dressed in red royal robes and wear a
crown on their heads: a laurel wreath and a crown of thorns.
Both get killed: Caesar is stabbed with daggers, Jesus is crucified, but
with a stab wound in his side.
The Passion of Caesar – Discovering the historical Christ
Both die on the same respective dates of the year: Caesar on the Ides
(15th) of March, Jesus on the 15th of Nisan.
Both are deified posthumously: as Divus Iulius and as Jesus Christ.
Both leave behind priests: Marcus Antonius and Peter. Both have a
posthumous heir: Gaius Octavianus adopted by Caesar’s Last Will and
Testament and John the disciple whom Jesus adopts while on the cross
(‘Woman, behold thy son!’).
Resemblances in names
The names of people and places in both stories hardly differentiate: Gallia
and Galilaea, Corfinium and Cafarnaum, Junius and Judas, Mària
and Marìa, Nicomedes of Bithynia and Nicodemus of Bethania, Pontifex
Lepidus and Pontius Pilatus, etc. In addition, other names, dissimilar
to each other, seemed to be translations: the Caecilii as the blind, the
Claudii as the lame, Metellus as mutilated, the man with a withered
hand. And those conquered by Caesar are found again, as those healed
by Jesus. And those besieged by Caesar are possessed in the Jesus story
– whereby it was noticed that ‘besieged’ and ‘possessed’ are both
obsessus
in Latin. Even the respective figures close to them correspond with
each other. For example, Caesar’s precursor and opponent, the great
Pompeius, was beheaded and his head presented in a dish, and the very
same thing happens to John the Baptist.
There are differences to be ascertained. Both were murdered; Caesar,
however, was stabbed while Jesus was crucified – but with a stab wound
in his side. A Cassius Longinus gave Caesar the deadly stab with a dagger,
while Jesus was stabbed with a lance on the cross – but also by a
Longinus! (This Longinus became a saint, and his feast day is on March
15 – the same date as the ides of March, on which Caesar was murdered
by the homonymous Longinus). Caesar’s corpse was burned unlike
Jesus’, but it was shown to the people as a wax figure hanging on a
cross-shaped tropaeum. And
cremo
in Latin means ‘to cremate’, but the
similar sounding Greek word
kremô
means ‘to hang’, ‘to crucify’.
Equivalency in titles and symbols
All the symbols of Christianity are anticipated in the cult of Divus Iulius,
the posthumously deified Caesar: the titles (God, Son of God, the
Almighty, the Merciful, the Savior or Redeemer, etc.); the Mother of
God; the cross in all its variations; the crucified one; the face on the Pietà;
the crown of thorns; the long hair; the beard, the loincloth; the rod;
the halo; the star of Bethlehem; the resurrection; the ascension, etc.
Analogous sayings
Famous citations of Caesar and Jesus are very much alike. Often verbatim:
Caesar: ‘Who is not on any side, is on my side.’ Jesus: ‘Who is not
against us, he is for us.’
Caesar: ‘I am not King, I am Caesar.’ About Jesus: ‘We have no king
but Caesar.’
Caesar: ‘The best death is a sudden death.’ Jesus: ‘What you will do
(i. e. lead me to death) do quickly.’
Caesar: ‘Oh, have I saved them, that they may destroy me?’ About
Jesus: ‘He saved others, himself he cannot save.’
Sometimes with a small, discreet shift of meaning:
Caesar: ‘Alea iacta esto—Cast the die.’ Jesus: ‘Cast out, fisher’
whereby the Greek word
(h)aleeis,
‘fisher’, instead of the Latin word
alea,
‘die’, is used.
Caesar: ‘Veni vidi vici—I came, I saw, I conquered.’ And in the Jesus
story the blind man, who has been healed, says: ‘I came, washed and
saw,’ whereby
enipsa,
‘I washed’, replaces
enikisa,
‘I conquered’.
Important is also that in both stories these citations appear in the
same chronological order.
Explanatory power of the theory
Contradictions in the Gospels become understandable if they are traced
back to the Caesar sources.
One example: The Galilean ‘Sea’, which is made up of fresh water
and is thus not a ‘sea’, is named correctly however, because it is originally
the ‘Gallic Sea’, a part of the Adriatic.
Christian traditions not described in the Gospels
In Spain (Semana Santa), Greece (Theofany) and other parts of the
Christian world, several holy traditions do not find their origin in the
Gospels, but are easily explained using the Caesar sources. A number of
them are shown in the documentary
The Gospel of Caesar.
The earliest Christian iconography
The images on the oldest Christian sarcophagus, crucifixions and ivory
reliefs are much better explained by the Caesar sources than the Jesus
story. Some of them are treated in the documentary
The Gospel of
Caesar.)

JESUS' GOSPELS BASED ON CAESAR'S LIFE?

There actually is a LOT that can be known about "Jesus" and the creation of the gospel myths. Highly Recommended are books by Burton Mack and associates. Just pick up a copy of "Who Wrote The New Testament" and when you are done, follow some of the referenced material for more info.

Back
Top Bottom