Joining the private FOTCM Board

You're welcome Breo!

Just to add - please don't be discouraged because of that. There are many people here who have a similar "block" as you do. Maybe the patience and trust are the "keywords" here. Or so it seems to me. :)

Argo, indeed, patience and trust do help :)

But to my surprise I do not feel discouraged but consciously shaken to finally act and participate. As I wrote just now in the other thread, I am thankful for this wake up call. A huge weight is lifting, as I now start to see and feel that the explanations why I cannot participate are of no real substance.

Just to let you know that dave_posse and I sent our online forms yesterday and delivered the printed forms at the mail office today. We'll be sending our donation as soon as we have paypal funds, although it could take months considering we're from Argentina. It's quite difficult to buy foreign currency down here :/

skycsil said:
Just to let you know that dave_posse and I sent our online forms yesterday and delivered the printed forms at the mail office today. We'll be sending our donation as soon as we have paypal funds, although it could take months considering we're from Argentina. It's quite difficult to buy foreign currency down here :/

We've got the online forms from both of you. We'll be preparing and sending out FOTCM Welcome packages, including membership cards, one of these days.

Since membership and access to the FOTCM board are not the same, we want you'll to know that we've been and are working in both fields, but with the recent influx of applications it takes time to process them. So we ask you all for patience and look forward to seeing you participating in the general Forum. :)

Question:

1) Donations are said to be sent to Otto NC, but the applications to Cullowhee NC, is that correct ?

2) I send donations to Otto, but do not receive any kind of confirmation that the money was received. Is there a plan to sort that out in the future?

3) After the applications have been processed, and if/when' applicant is excepted into the forum, how are they notified?

Thanks

Adobe said:
Question:

1) Donations are said to be sent to Otto NC, but the applications to Cullowhee NC, is that correct ?

No, applications go to Otto as stated here http://paleochristianity.org/how-to-join/. Nothing goes to Cullowhee.

2) I send donations to Otto, but do not receive any kind of confirmation that the money was received. Is there a plan to sort that out in the future?

If you send a check, the notification is when your check is cashed. An easy way to get confirmation is to send the envelope certified so you can check online via the tracking number when it's been delivered.

3) After the applications have been processed, and if/when' applicant is excepted into the forum, how are they notified?

You'll receive email notification when/if you are accepted into the private board.

Hey all, just a question about my account access. In the last month or so, it seems that I'm no longer able to access and post to The Work subforum as before. Aside from the Nutrition and Cog. Psy boards, my immediate attention is on synthesizing my recent study of M's Gnosis vols. 3 & 4.
I was curious about the change; as a newer FOTCM member, I'm working on increasing participation here, commenting on SOTT and trying to live out practical applications of the concepts as I integrate them.

Merci Riclapaz pour ce lien, j'aimerai vous rejoindre si vous m'acceptez, dites moi comment je peux aider davantage ?...
Je pratique votre alimentation, EE, j'ai lu tous les livres de Laura traduits en Français et ceux recommandés par les Éditions Pilule Rouge, j'attends les prochaines sorties pour les commander, j'ai reçu ma carte de membre FOTCM, je participe tous les jours sur le forum et suis Laura sur Facebook...

Riclapaz thank you for that link, I'd join you if you accept me, tell me how I can help more? ...
I practice your diet, EE, I read all Laura's books translated into French and those recommended by Éditions Red Pill, I expect future releases to order, I received my membership card FOTCM, I participate every day on the forum and am Laura on Facebook ...

Perlou said:
Merci Riclapaz pour ce lien, j'aimerai vous rejoindre si vous m'acceptez, dites moi comment je peux aider davantage ?...
Je pratique votre alimentation, EE, j'ai lu tous les livres de Laura traduits en Français et ceux recommandés par les Éditions Pilule Rouge, j'attends les prochaines sorties pour les commander, j'ai reçu ma carte de membre FOTCM, je participe tous les jours sur le forum et suis Laura sur Facebook...

L'accès au forum privé de la FOTCM peut prendre du temps. Cet accès se décide au cas par cas et pour ce faire, l'équipe de modération passe en revue l'historique des posts du membre dans son entièreté. Nous ne recherchons pas la quantité mais la qualité. Un membre ayant 500 posts constitués d'un simple commentaire qui n'apporte rien à la discussion aura moins de chance d'être admis qu'un membre qui n'aurait que 150 posts qui prouvent, eux, qu'il comprend effectivement le sujet discuté. C'est ce type de partage qui nous permet de déterminer si le membre est bel et bien sur la même longueur d'onde et comprend bel et bien les concepts.

La raison est simple: dans le forum privé, les membres partagent, travaillent et discutent de manière plus approfondie que sur le forum public. Il est donc tout à fait normal de vouloir en savoir plus sur les gens que nous laissons entrer.

Donc, comme vous le voyez, Perlou, il va falloir vous armer d'un peu de patience. Mais ne vous inquiétez pas, nous ne vous oublierons pas. A un moment donné, un modérateur vous invitera sur le forum privé (il est donc inutile de demander l'accès de manière répétée). Gardez également à l'esprit que tout le monde est très occupé et que notre liste de membres est conséquente.

Cela étant dit, le forum privé ne diffère que peu du forum public. Les sujets qui y sont abordés sont identiques et il est tout aussi sérieux que le reste du forum. Il ne s'agit pas d'un club social ou d'un salon de discussion virtuel.

Nous ne pouvons donc que vous encourager à continuer de partager et de discuter avec nous.

Being admitted to the FOTCM board can be a long process. Access to this board is on a case-by-case basis and the moderation team reviews the member's entire post history. We are not looking for quantity but for quality and sincerity. A member with 500 one-liners never bringing anything to the topic has less chance to be admitted than a member with 150 posts proving that he actually understands the topics discussed. Sharing with us that way enables us to make sure that the person is actually on board and grasping the concepts.

The reason for this is simple: in the private FOTCM board, members share, work and discuss even further than on the public FOTCM board so it's only normal to want to know more about the people we let in.

So, as you see, you will need to be patient, Perlou. Don't worry, we will not forget you. A moderator will invite you to join the private board at some point (so there's no purpose to ask repeatedly for access). Bear in mind also that everyone on the forum is very busy and that there are many members on our list.

That being said, the FOTCM private board is not that different from the public one. The topics are the same and it is as serious as the rest of the forum. It is not a social club nor a chat room. There are many ways to help on the open forum as well.There are many ways to help on the public board as well.

We can only encourage you to continue to share and discuss with us.

Merci Mrs. Tigersoap pour votre réponse... Je comprends bien que vous deviez connaître plus profondément les membres du forum avant de les inviter dans votre cercle privé...

Mrs. thank you Tigersoap for your reply ... I understand that you had to know more deeply the forum members before inviting them into your inner circle ...

I wish to apply to FOTCM. With the way everything is playing out this seems to me the most constructive place to network and ''figure things out''. I have never seen a group as inclusive as this (but I've seen plenty that claim to be). The lack of a judgmental attitude portrayed here is truly inspirational. I've never felt I was on the right path towards anything (but always searching) until stumbling upon all this.

I plan on making a visit to the library today to print out an application :).

munaychasumaq said:
Hi.Somebody can explain to me what does mean to be part of a private FOTCM Board??

The first post in this thread broadly answers your question.

Back
Top Bottom