Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

They really don't like this guy.

But even they have to admit sometimes that what he writes makes sense:

If Peterson doesn’t excel as a literary critic, he is much more enlightening as a clinical psychologist. One of his strongest arguments is that therapy continues to repeat the same fundamental error of its founders by searching within people’s life stories for solutions to problems that exist outside in the world of complex social relations. As he writes, “Freud and Jung, with their intense focus on the autonomous individual psyche, placed too little focus on the role of the community in the maintenance of personal mental health”.

And that is exactly what these corona measures are now trying to destroy - the community life.

They really don't like this guy.

But even they have to admit sometimes that what he writes makes sense:

If Peterson doesn’t excel as a literary critic, he is much more enlightening as a clinical psychologist. One of his strongest arguments is that therapy continues to repeat the same fundamental error of its founders by searching within people’s life stories for solutions to problems that exist outside in the world of complex social relations. As he writes, “Freud and Jung, with their intense focus on the autonomous individual psyche, placed too little focus on the role of the community in the maintenance of personal mental health”.
The book is #1 best seller in Applied Psychology

And that is exactly what these corona measures are now trying to destroy - the community life.
I actually just started reading it over the weekend, and I don't mean to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't started and plans on doing so.

But I found it interesting that he felt compelled to add a foreword about covid, which sounds like a very safe thing to say in order to be able to get his work published, but how the first few pages he writes on the first rule of the book actually speak about the value of community, and networking and togetherness, interaction and company.

Long story short, and perhaps it would be better discussed elsewhere, he writes:

We outsource the problem of sanity. People remain mentally healthy not merely because of the integrity of their own minds, but because they're constantly being reminded how to think, act, and speak by those around them.

He posits, and I think it makes a lot of sense, (and I am still reading through it) that human beings can achieve a lot of things by themselves, but it's in reality through others that we become regulated. He doesn't say it as such, but it almost sounded to me as though the value of having a network of individuals who are true friends, who want the best for you, who can point out to you when you're wrong, and reward you when you're right, is almost indispensable for any personal growth.

And I think that keeping people isolated, and distrustful of one another is the perfect way to prevent this from happening.

Have you guys seen this?

The conversation is one thing, but the state of the man is another altogether.

This is the picture of a man who ran his batteries right down to the very bottom in service to his work. -I clumsily think of Gurdjieff's description of the human energy reservoirs, with the dixie-cup sized vessel we all use for daily use and the swimming pool sized hidden reserves and what can be done with them. -And what happens when THOSE empty out.

The fact that people are getting worse at functioning normally may also have to do with the effects of the Wave. People destingrate or rise above it and learn the necessary lessons. You end up under the wave or learn to ride the wave.

This whole Woke state of affairs may be related to that as well. Just a thought.

The PTB are trying to do everything they can so that everyone ends up under the wave? While others are trying to help us how to ride the Wave?

The conversation is one thing, but the state of the man is another altogether.

This is the picture of a man who ran his batteries right down to the very bottom in service to his work. -I clumsily think of Gurdjieff's description of the human energy reservoirs, with the dixie-cup sized vessel we all use for daily use and the swimming pool sized hidden reserves and what can be done with them. -And what happens when THOSE empty out.

I only listened to a few minutes, but he seems to be doing a bit better...

The fact that people are getting worse at functioning normally may also have to do with the effects of the Wave. People destingrate or rise above it and learn the necessary lessons. You end up under the wave or learn to ride the wave.

This whole Woke state of affairs may be related to that as well. Just a thought.

The PTB are trying to do everything they can so that everyone ends up under the wave? While others are trying to help us how to ride the Wave?

Here's what I mean, there's more to it than just an ideology that drives people crazy. OSIT.

Back
Top Bottom