Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

The good Doctor just dropped this rather bizarre music video on X. Ushering in peak clown world reaching levels of cringe never seen before. With appearances by Dave Rubin, Gad Saad and Ben Shapiro among others...

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 10.33.45 AM.png

Edit: For those who are unfamiliar with the history of this particular song - it is a parody of a comedy song called "Lily the Pink" from 1968 by a UK band called The Scaffold.

What is even more interesting is that this comedy song was modeled after a traditional folk song - The ballad of Lydia Pinkham - which was sung as a tribute to an American woman - Lydia Estes Pinkham - "an American inventor and marketer of a herbal-alcoholic "women's tonic" for menstrual and menopausal problems, which medical experts dismissed as a quack remedy, but which is still on sale today in a modified form."

Upon closer inspection, and from what I've been learning from my wife about herbal medicines, it appears that her special "medicinal compound" could be quite effective for certain real life conditions and should not be defined as a "quack medicine" at all...

Lydia Pinkham - Wikipedia

The five herbs contained in Pinkham's original formula are:

The formula also contains drinking alcohol, which relieves muscular stress, reduces pain, and can affect mood.

Of the newer additions, motherwort is a nervine, emmenagogue, anti-spasmodic, hepatic, cardiac tonic, and hypotensive. Piscidia erythrina (Jamaican dogwood) is an eclectic remedy effective for painful spasms, pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, and ovarian pain.[15] Licorice is anti-inflammatory, anti-hepatotoxic, anti-spasmodic, and a mild laxative. Gentian is a sialagogue, hepatic, cholagogue, anthelmintic, and emmenagogue. Dandelion is a potassium-sparing diuretic, hepatic, cholagogue, anti-rheumatic, laxative, tonic, and a bitter.[14]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess one of the disappointing things about JP is that he seemed to have a good influence on young men who had grown up without fathers. That could also be why billionaires and the PTB may have been interested in influencing him because they also get a line to those fatherless men. Be interesting to see the demographic on those who have signed up to go to the middle east.

I guess one of the disappointing things about JP is that he seemed to have a good influence on young men who had grown up without fathers. That could also be why billionaires and the PTB may have been interested in influencing him because they also get a line to those fatherless men. Be interesting to see the demographic on those who have signed up to go to the middle east.

Yep, and as the father figure to all those lost sons, now he's caught in the belly of the whale.

What a gross sight to see JBP join in with the rest of the spineless sycophants.

It's somewhat sad to see him allow himself to be used so shamelessly. A lesson in not sacrificing discernment for safety or pleasure, for sure.

1699097327210.png

At least Candace Owens came out and set him and their other colleagues at the DW straight. There is never a "right" to genocide a people.

She's getting a lot of pusbback, but her lack of specifics made for a nice rorschach test that really exposes their motivations.

And she stood her ground, which is admirable.

The good Doctor just dropped this rather bizarre music video on X. Ushering in peak clown world reaching levels of cringe never seen before. With appearances by Dave Rubin, Gad Saad and Ben Shapiro among others...

If this had come out four years ago I would've liked and shared it. However, the cultural landscape has changed so dramatically, not just in the last couple of weeks but in the last three years, that it's not just irrelevant now but almost entirely so.

It hadn't hit home until watching that video but Peterson really has become a dream in the past. Doesn't mean he'll stay there, but it is where he is for now.

At least Candace Owens came out and set him and their other colleagues at the DW straight. There is never a "right" to genocide a people.

I was surprised to see someone from the Daily Wire not toe the Israeli line. Didn't particularly care for her before now but she's definitely earned some respect.

Zuby has taken pretty much the same "blaming and killing a whole group because of the actions of a few is always wrong" stance as Candace. At least some high profile conservatives haven't been pulled under by the wave of Zionist propaganda.

I watched Peterson's interview with Piers Morgan for 15 minutes, and had enough. His level of ignorance is there for all to see. As is Israel's cruelty in Gaza for all to see, but some just don't have the ability or the will to open their eyes. In Peterson's case, this self-delusion seems to be already affecting his very Being, which there was already some signs of earlier, for example during the Netanyahu interview.

Peterson in a nutshell: "Iran is behind this all...the Abraham Accords blah blah blah...Hamas this and that...more about the Abraham Accords...Israel defending itself yada yada". Every time he mentions Iran, that contemptuous grin twists on his face (which I haven't noticed before). And what's the deal with that weird suit? Is it a desperate cry from Peterson's subconscious, that he's starting to resemble a little too much of the fallen hero/supervillain Harvey Dent from Batman. :whistle:

Not to invalide all of his past work, and perhaps Peterson still has a chance, like many others, to open his eyes, but day by day that window is narrowing, and in his case the threshold is particularly high, since topic of Israel is likely his biggest 'sacred cow'.

But we'll see. And Piers Morgan, he's just too authoritarian to get it (as was witnessed during Covid lockdowns), even if he seems genuinely struggling between the narrative and what's happening in Gaza. Still, the circular logic keeps people like him (at least for now) self-soothing and returning to the "Israel has right to defend itself" narrative, and aligning with it's goals, as can be witnessed in here with Bassem Yussef few days ago (which was quite good interview btw) - like a child that in the end believes his lying, abusive parents, no matter what the evidence tells. But at least he's giving voice and platform to people like Yussef to speak up.

This whole situation also makes you think about the last eight years of the woke agenda, and how the "libtards" have acted as a kind of scarecrow, perhaps aimed for this moment (by the forces driving them), as now support for the Palestinians has been "conveniently" mixed into this crazy package, and the conservative-types are stepping into the trap en masse. When it comes to killing innocent children, blowing up whole neighbourhoods, escalating decades of torment towards a 'final solution', one can only imagine the effect on the psyche and soul of a person who blindly accepts these atrocities.

I thank DCM of our network. Following objective reality in this world feels like walking a complex labyrinth, but for us not alone, and even though there is still a way to go, and even though we see around those who have possibly already lost their way, together we will stay on the path and find a way out! :boat:

Several years ago, JP's message was what a lot of people, including myself, needed to hear and considered him a modern day Stoic in his general philosophical underpinnings. But after his run-in with Benzo's and joining up with Shapiro and Daily Wire, started losing interest in his message. Maybe it was just the same old speech over and over again. His geo-political understanding has always been 'meh'. The West isn't the bastion of civilization he always touted it to be although there are aspects that are worth keeping.

I respect and value his work over time, so seeing JP go this route really hit me hard, maybe due to a bit of hero worship, as he's really grasping at straws to try and convince himself and others that the Israeli's are justified in their actions. That video connecting the Iranian Regime to Marxists just seemed so out of touch with reality. And that music video... what the hell is that? Please Dr. P, you're never gonna dance again because guilty feet ain't got no rhythm!

Deep down, he is a genuinely good person but like with just about every polarizing issue in the past several years that I've witnessed and observed, there's always some big lie that hooks people in and they dig their heels even further. And being in that kind of spotlight for so long, who knows what kinds of pressures come with that.

I've seen people who bought into the LGBT agenda but saw through Covid and had their eyes opened, and vice versa, see through the LGBT, Covid AND Ukraine, but have bought into the Israeli agenda. It's like ignorance is a mainstay of humanity and at the very least if you are ignorant on a subject and are a 'celebrity' of sorts like Peterson is, then don't pick a side if you truly don't know all the details. At least there's humility in accepting one's ignorance. For now, maybe it's his lesson to learn.

When I have studied the various big issues of our time, I have often come back to the basic principle of needing to really want to be objective in order to even have a chance to understand things.

I mean, one has to rigorously, and at all times, check if they REALLY love objective reality, everywhere and always.

That attitude goes together with at least two other qualities humility and maturity.
-Humility for being able to change one's previous conclusions when better data is found and not letting ego get in the way. Also humility is needed to want to seek out help of others (like this network) and not be enamored by one's own thinking.
-Maturity allows one to understand that one inevitably gets things wrong, and does not beat oneself (nor anyone else) up for simply getting things wrong for a time, as long as they are trying their best to objectively understand things.

So... the thing about Jordan Peterson, is that he does not demonstrate to me that quality of trying to be objective everywhere and at all times. I do not see him as a champion for objective truth.

It is those people who are trying to be objective, and really WANT to see reality as it IS, and not as they want it to be, are the people I admire.

Thus he lacks this fundamental quality that would make me admire him, even though I have praised, and still do praise, his good contributions he made in his books and lectures related to his areas of experience and expertise some years ago.

Maybe he COULD be a warrior for objective truth one day... but he just is not one now due to some or all of the reasons speculated here in this thread.

Or so it seems to me at the moment.

Would someone be able to download it and share it here? I'm blocked, so I can't watch it and can't find it elsewhere on X/Twitter.
How to view the video if you're blocked:

First option: Log off from Twitter/X first, then click on the link Timótheos posted: https://x.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1720496646000095577?s=20

Second option: Go to https://nitter.net/i/status/1720496646000095577 as explained by KS:
Yes, there is. You can use alternative Twitter front-ends like nitter.net. Just take the Twitter link and replace the twitter.com or x.com hostname with nitter.net. Mind you, that Twitter after the ownership transfer to Musk often breaks things often, and this is reflected by Nitter and friends catching up with delay. Recently, Twitter disabled browsing without an account on its iOS application. The way Nitter works, it exploits the same mechanism for Android, so if it's turned off there, there will be not much left but using bot accounts.

What is also worth noting is that Nitter shields you from Twitter tracking via their own servers. So you blend in with your browsing history with other users from the point of view of Twitter. There are also no attempts by Nitter to create and sell your "shadow profile".

Back
Top Bottom