Ketoadaptation - Consensus

Laura said:
nicklebleu, you want to make the first pass through it for technical correctness? Then we'll make a couple of passes for style and copy.

Already done - left my comments on the Google doc and Gabi has amended it accordingly - if anyone thinks a second pass is needed I'll be more than happy to do it.

Thank you so much Gaby and all the others involved in this project.

I am starting Keto today and this has come at the perfect time!

I have been prevaricating (transitioning) for the past year, and this is just the push I needed.

monotonic said:
Will the document stay posted up for us to add to and refine over time?

The research and sharing of material by all members will never end, or so I hope!! For example, I have a first draft for a 2nd volume and it also includes theoretical aspects that goes better with the practical explanations. But I think that if we can this ready for publishing, that will be enormously helpful.

I found a repeat paragraph near the end of the book, in the mtDNA chapter.

Enough energy means a happy and healthy life. It also reflects in our brains with focused and sharp thinking. Lack of energy means mood problems, dementia, and slowed mental function among others. Mitochondria are intricately linked to the ability of the prefrontal cortex - our brain's captain- to come fully online. Brain cells are loaded in mitochondria that produce the necessary energy to learn and memorize, and fire neurons harmoniously.

Enough energy means a happy and healthy life. This is also reflected in our brains with focused and sharp thinking. Lack of energy means mood problems, dementia, and slowed mental function among others. Mitochondria are intricately linked to the ability of the prefrontal cortex –our brain’s captain- to come fully online. Brain cells are loaded in mitochondria that produce the necessary energy to learn and memorize, and fire neurons harmoniously.

Kris

Gaby, thank you for the document. It's very helpful. I have learnt pretty new things.

I wonder if you could write just a few sentences about relations between high insulin levels and iron-overload disease.
You have mentioned it on page 83.

Thank you in advance.

Kasia said:
Gaby, thank you for the document. It's very helpful. I have learnt pretty new things.

I wonder if you could write just a few sentences about relations between high insulin levels and iron-overload disease.

Thank you in advance.

When the underlying cause of pancreas and/or tissue damage is excess iron, blood sugar levels are very difficult to regulate.

Diabetes that is difficult to manage and/or that appears at an earlier age than expected is indicative of iron overload. Severity depends upon the amount of excess iron and whether diabetes is discovered early or late in the course of iron accumulation. Improvement might be expected if iron is unloaded promptly. More info here:

The Iron Elephant – The Dangers of Iron Overload
http://www.health-matrix.net/2013/07/06/the-iron-elephant-the-dangers-of-iron-overload/

:flowers:

Gaby said:
Kasia said:

Thank you in advance.

When the underlying cause of pancreas and/or tissue damage is excess iron, blood sugar levels are very difficult to regulate.

Diabetes that is difficult to manage and/or that appears at an earlier age than expected is indicative of iron overload. Severity depends upon the amount of excess iron and whether diabetes is discovered early or late in the course of iron accumulation. Improvement might be expected if iron is unloaded promptly. More info here:

The Iron Elephant – The Dangers of Iron Overload
http://www.health-matrix.net/2013/07/06/the-iron-elephant-the-dangers-of-iron-overload/

:flowers:

Ok, so first goes excess iron, next insulin level disorders.

On your personal portal "Health Matrix" I've just posted some infos about questionable relations beetwen iron-overload and vitamine C with the request for taking a stance on them.

Maybe it's a good idea to copy it below so other forum memebers could know it.

Dear Dr Segura,

In your article about vitamine C you have mentioned that people with hemochromatosis and those who have other predispositions to excessive accumulation of iron in the body should be cautious when taking a decision to heal with high doses of vitamine C.

However, in the article in the link below there is:

“Of special interest in this case is vitamin C. The medical literature states that vitamin C supplementation should be avoided with iron overload diseases. Tissue damage due to peroxidation of membrane lipids has been detected after low-dose vitamin C supplementation.

However, ferric iron is known to destroy vitamin C and iron overload patients are clearly severely deficient in vitamin C and other antioxidants. This may well be the main reason for their susceptibility to liver cirrhosis, diabetes, heart disease and cancer. I suspected that the cell membrane damage was not due to too much but too little Vitamin C”.

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/haemo2.html

What is more, Dr Ruselle Jaffe is of the opinion that the cause of the hemochromatosis is in fact lack of vitamin C…(1:07)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZo0-vC93I

Could you please comment on that issue? There are so many contradictory infos about iron overload and vitamine C that I feel a bit misguided…

Thank you in advance,

Kate

That is very interesting Kasia, thank you for sharing! I think nobody knows for sure and sharing research on iron overload and vitamin C might help clarify things. The iron overload problem was uncovered when megadoses of vitamin C were tried and health issues continued to deteriorate regardless. You can read about it here:

Hemochromatosis and Autoimmune Conditions
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,20265.0.html

Although there could be many factors at play, it is certainly worth of keeping in mind, proceeding with caution. More research is needed and people can experiment and see if their symptoms get worse or not, but it is up to each individual to take that responsibility.

The following update is interesting and suggests that people with iron overload could still benefit from vitamin C in case of severe viral infections and other debilitating diseases:

Vitamin C - A cure for Ebola
http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Gaby said:
That is very interesting Kasia, thank you for sharing! I think nobody knows for sure and sharing research on iron overload and vitamin C might help clarify things. The iron overload problem was uncovered when megadoses of vitamin C were tried and health issues continued to deteriorate regardless. You can read about it here:

Hemochromatosis and Autoimmune Conditions
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,20265.0.html

Although there could be many factors at play, it is certainly worth of keeping in mind, proceeding with caution. More research is needed and people can experiment and see if their symptoms get worse or not, but it is up to each individual to take that responsibility.

The following update is interesting and suggests that people with iron overload could still benefit from vitamin C in case of severe viral infections and other debilitating diseases:

Vitamin C - A cure for Ebola
http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Thank you for answer Gaby.

More research is needed and people can experiment and see if their symptoms get worse or not, but it is up to each individual to take that responsibility.

Yeh, it seems it should go this way.

When ya'll finish checking over the book doc, Gaby send it to me and we'll give it a final edit, try to create an index etc, and ship it off to amazon for publishing.

Wow Gaby, that's probably the best read I've had all year, thank you so much for this effort. If I hadn't already named my baby daughter Gabriella I'd probably want to change her name ;)
For someone like me who is a bit time strapped and isn't able to spend many hours reading and researching comprehensive documents like yours are truly a godsend :halo:. I wish everyone I know would read this. I'm so motivated to keep on with keto lifestyle forever. Thank you a million times over

Fluffy said:
Wow Gaby, that's probably the best read I've had all year, thank you so much for this effort. If I hadn't already named my baby daughter Gabriella I'd probably want to change her name ;)

:lol:

;) :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom