Laura Knight-Jadczyk, Barcelona Conference, October 15th 2011

Palinurus said:
Now that all the work is done I would like to express my thanks to all contributors and say I'm really happy I can read now in my own tempo what was said and done during this conference.
Many thanks to all involved. :clap: :thup: :rockon:
Make that another thanks, it will help my memory recall :) what happened there.

Thanks for the transcriptions!! :) :) :) I can't really follow the audio on the youtube videos. Great job! :rockon:

Is there a transcript for the Questions and Answers (Q & A) video as well? I tried to find it but wasn't able.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=htN6UY0tXvk#t=476s

The transcripts for the Questions and Answers (Q & A) video are found scattered in this thread.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,26266.0.html

About a week ago I combined these segmented transcripts into a file named

Laura Knight-Jadczyk & Arkadiusz Jadczyk - Q & A Session - Barcelona Conference.doc

which I attached to a post on this page just a few moments ago.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,26266.60.html

I've been meaning to do this. Thanks for the nudge HowToBe.

Is there anyone here who has access to all of the Barcelona
Conference information data (Session agenda/outline, images,
events, ...) so all can be consolidated into ONE source/PDF
document? As it is, as carcoom said, it is fragmented in this
thread. I tried to create a general framework (in reply #87),
so who is best suited for this task, if this task is worth doing?
I would be glad to help, only if given the complete data set.

dant said:
Is there anyone here who has access to all of the Barcelona
Conference information data (Session agenda/outline, images,
events, ...) so all can be consolidated into ONE source/PDF
document? As it is, as carcoom said, it is fragmented in this
thread. I tried to create a general framework (in reply #87),
so who is best suited for this task, if this task is worth doing?
I would be glad to help, only if given the complete data set.

Hi dant,

I like the PDF file that you put together and attached to your Reply #87.

I think putting all the transcripts into one PDF file is a great idea, even without the additional Conference info that you are requesting.

Did you notice that Ailen said she had the slides to Laura's talk? (See Reply #81 of this thread)

I've done a transcript which has all of the slides (some of the slides were taken from the video like you did) of Ark's Barcelona talk. The file is 2,300 KB, which is too large to attach to a post on this forum so I didn't know what to do with it. I can get it to you or whoever would want it. I posted it without slides (see Reply #10 on the thread Re: Ark's Lecture At Barcelona).

All the transcripts have errors. I've encouraged anyone, if they have the desire, to make corrections to my transcript of the Ark's talk. Laura said she would go over the transcripts of her talk (Reply #86 of this thread). But I wouldn't let future revisions stop anyone from putting together a comprehensive PDF file now but with the idea that the file could/would be updated whenever revisions-edits-updates or additional info comes in.

But where could this new PDF file be put where it could be available to anyone and easily revised with potential future revisions? Attachments to a post on this forum will just not work.

I'd be glad to help in any manner. I don't think it would be too hard to put together.

carcoom

Laura Lee said:
I am watching the videos, but... does anyone have the file of the actual slides? Hearing isn't my weakness, but I can't see those interesting graphics even on the full screen setting! :cry:

Here they are.

First talk: The Living System, Evolution, the Purpose of Life and the Sixth Extinction

(Note: the last few slides in this presentation appear on the third video):

The whole album

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom