Les Visible and Smoking Mirrors

I thought perhaps -- and this may have been discussed if memory serves me -- his articles stopped appearing because he was becoming quite vitriolic. Just reading the first page of his blog showcases this...

When I get promoted to God, I’m going to head to New York and rip the Goldman Sachs building apart with my bare hands. Then I’m going to round up all of The Rothschilds and seat them naked on The Gerry Springer show. At random, the audience will attack them with their chairs and whatnot and the bouncers will break it up. Then I’m going to turn them into 18” tall, institutional green creatures with an enormous witch’s nose and other accessories. In other words, I’m going to make them look as ugly as they are. I’ll probably turn all Zionists world wide into the same and then open the gates of Hell under Israel and make the whole place stink like the stomach gases of a ten day old floater. This will only apply to Israelis. Nobody else will notice.

and..

Rothschild and David Rockefeller and company should be stripped naked and rolled in pig shit and marched up and down the New York Thruway while being whipped by feral rent boys. They should be put in cages and hung from cranes in Times Square. “Ladies and gentlemen, I direct your attention to the series of cages above you. Within these cages are the most dangerous wild beasts to ever roam the Earth. They have killed and eaten millions of human beings. They have wiped out environments, toppled governments, starved nations to death and stolen the Sunday paper off of your front lawn

He has every right to be angered over the state of the world but he has some pretty hateful imaginings of revenge scenarios. His writings read like the rantings of a madman.

Arctodus' post at Les Visible's site:

New Reader said...

@ m_astera

Before you brush away the SOTT team, take a look at this link

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3410.0

or google "Are Russian Jews Descended from the Khazars? Cassiopaea forum".

Their forum link is in the right upper-hand corner of the SOTT page.
That is where you can access a _LOT_ of meaty topics they don't put on their news page.

SOTT news from what I've seen and read in the forums, is the real world skin 'n' bones no BS reporting. Just the facts (sometimes with commentary) jack.

I think for SOTT, it isn't so much that Les Vis is persona non grata as is...he is persona non grata (sardonic smile)

SOTT and Laura Knight-Jadcyzk have repeatedly stated they do not endorse violence and drug use (outside of moderate alcohol and nicotine usage)

aside from that, I do very much agree that ALL of these guys should've given a proper explaination. It's the polite thing to do

My bold. He is hung up on "polite" no matter the cost.

Les's reply:

Visible said...

New Reader;

I've got a couple of questions. First, what is your connection to SOTT? There has to be one.

Second, what has violence got to do with me. I was at their chateau in France and the only violence I saw was Laura's daughter saying she could kick my ass over and over while I was demonstrating some martial arts techniques in slow motion on someone.

Secondly, when I was there they had an impressive liquor collection of which most imbibed liberally so that by the end of the evening nearly everyone was drunk. I take it that alcohol is okay but the use of other mind altering substances used less than ten times a year is not okay. This despite the fact that alcohol kills more people in one year than all drugs have over a century

Meanwhile most of them smoke as well. I'd like this double standard explained and also an explanation for why my posts, the vast majority of which never mention drugs (and please don't mention this post as it is an obvious parody. I only wish I had something like that)were made verboten.

Many people discovered me at that site and many wrote me wondering why I was no longer there. I never answered that even though I knew.

Gee... someone disapproves of my exercising my freedom of choice which they trumpet as their anthem and yet fail to practice in actuality; all while encouraging me to embrace their causes at Facebook as if we were friends.

I've always been warm toward them and never criticized them. I could find plenty if I wanted to but why would I?

The worst of it is that people will criticize what they don't experience and judge anothers experiences which they aren't present for as if they had some sort of divine prescience.

I've been courteous to them and even tempered; never hassled them for cutting me adrift, tolerated their bogus excuses about why they didn't print me any more. It never mattered to me that much anyway except for failing to tell me the truth which I had to learn from a disgruntled member who sought me out after leaving them. And I missed whatever Michael had to say. I only saw what Rick said.

I bear them no ill will, I just think they're immature as far as understanding certain basic principles of existence. one of these is to consider the message independent of the individual choices of the writer which don't find their way into print. If I started listing exceptional people who changed the world while imbibing in their personal activities I would still be listing them at dawn. it's childish is what it is.

So the end result is that I am slandered (par for the course) while nothing is said about them by me except for these general observations a long time coming.

This is just to set the record straight and I have several good friends connected to them who will bear out every word I have said and then some. The 'and then some' is what you don't get from me.

Then there is Arctodus' reply which was shown by NR and this is Les's reply:

New Reader;

Well, for my part I apologize for being too candid and applaud the fact that you are and unquestionably honest and sincere as well.

I suppose it irks me a little when I have never been anything but welcoming and supportive of those folks and never got high around them and only mention my drug experiences when being truthful requires it and I never counsel people to follow my example in this regard. I don't promote such activity but I will not allow anyone to tell me what to do except the divine. Period. I'm firm on that (must be those chicks outside my door last night -grin-)

This is a great way to sign off tonight as I really appreciated your non combative response. You are the genuine article. Have you seen my friend psychegram who found this site through SOTT? I haven't heard from him in awhile and he was a valued contributor.

Night all... almost 4 AM here.

Sent in forum report by member:

Found discussion on Les's Smoking Mirrors blog that could give an additional insight into Arctodus character. Unless you saw it already. Seach for replies from "new reader". Here is the link: _http://smokingmirrors.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-forget-what-it-is-that-i-cant.html The following in particular that comes after Les's account of his impressions at the chateau and requesting Arctodus to share his connections to SOTT:

3:00 AM New Reader said... @ Les Vis. Thank you for responding. My connection with them is limited as a Cassiopaean Forum member named Arctodus. (you may choose to remove my moniker or not.) I do not donate monies or contribute much except in forum discussions.

I was seeking Truth long before I stumbled upon them. First regarding the MSM Fairytale regarding HIV?AIDS (the question mark is intentional, you can find out more at Newaidsreview, or the Brent Leung Docu "House of Numbers" if you so choose).

After that, I can across them and some other sites which for the past several years have rapidly peeled away a LOT of scales.

My apologies for insulting you. For what it is worth, I accept that certain members of the SOTT group are childish and condemnative as well as grandiose and with many personal flaws. I guess that will be part of their "lessons" (wry smile)

Perhaps part of my lesson is to allow myself to see a "sacred cow" poked and prodded to see the way it is actually going, not where I'd imagine it to be. God Bless, your words are an inspiration, though I am too much of a literalist.

Visible said...

Second, what has violence got to do with me. I was at their chateau in France and the only violence I saw was Laura's daughter saying she could kick my ass over and over while I was demonstrating some martial arts techniques in slow motion on someone.

Might that be because Les presented himself as something he wasn't, i.e. someone who knew something about martial arts?

Secondly, when I was there they had an impressive liquor collection of which most imbibed liberally so that by the end of the evening nearly everyone was drunk. I take it that alcohol is okay but the use of other mind altering substances used less than ten times a year is not okay. This despite the fact that alcohol kills more people in one year than all drugs have over a century

Here, let me just relate a little story: Years ago when I was at uni and substantially more naive, there was a guy on my floor in the dorm who was pretty nice to me. He also had a girlfriend who was generally kind to me. Then one night she got drunk. It was then that I heard what she really thought of me. Of course, my friend - her boyfriend - excused her saying that, "people don't really mean what they say when they're drunk - it's the alcohol talking." Right... Then later, HE got drunk, and let me just say that he was downright CREEPY when he was drunk. He was gonna kill people, he was death incarnate... All sorts of nice, cheerful things.

I think you get the point. Suffice it to say that alcohol can either be abused, or used as a tool. Either way, it reveals something about the people that consume it. On the night in question, Les had more than enough to drink (along with some other substances apparently) that it seems his "real self" emerged.

It's true that everyone used to drink. That would be past tense, because we later discovered that alcohol is really something you don't ever want to put into your body. Alcohol + sugar is the absolute worst. There are plenty of other threads and posts on those topics around here! In any case, aside from negative dietary effects, there is NOT anything wrong with having a drink or two and singing some karaoke to unwind a bit every now and then. Nobody is superman, and no one was expecting Les to be superman either.

What we were NOT prepared for was the effects of the alcohol + whatever the heck else he had taken. He started dancing around and singing playing music, singing about penises and erections (using much more colorful language). Before this "activity" began, he left the room where he thought we all were. One person was returning from the kitchen, and spotted him finishing up some sort of "product". Shortly thereafter, the above-mentioned fireworks began.

Well, I dunno. We were drinking. He was drinking. He was also doing something else it seems. Is it all just relative? Are we just being harsh and judgmental?

The thing is, I would never go to someone else's house and allow myself to get drunk. I would also CERTAINLY never take my own substances with which to party, because I'm a guest in someone else's house... especially if this was the first time I was meeting them!

Maybe that's old-fashioned, but it's also logical, courteous, and safe. In the world we live in, it's common sense, for god's sake!

Meanwhile most of them smoke as well. I'd like this double standard explained and also an explanation for why my posts, the vast majority of which never mention drugs (and please don't mention this post as it is an obvious parody. I only wish I had something like that)were made verboten.

Well, he couldn't pass up the smoking jab, could he? If that doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what does.

Gee... someone disapproves of my exercising my freedom of choice which they trumpet as their anthem and yet fail to practice in actuality; all while encouraging me to embrace their causes at Facebook as if we were friends.

Personally, I respect Les' choice to get loopy and sing about erections if that's what he likes to do, but I really don't want him doing it around me. As for Facebook, I'm only going to say this once, people:

FACEBOOK IS NOT REAL LIFE!!

There, I said it. I feel better. Besides that, why should we be forbidden from informing anyone about our interests? Les has a choice here as well: he can unfriend every single person that has anything to do with SOTT and Cassiopaea and FOTCM. But he doesn't. It's a 2-way street, folks.

The worst of it is that people will criticize what they don't experience and judge anothers experiences which they aren't present for as if they had some sort of divine prescience.

It's called common sense.

I bear them no ill will, I just think they're immature as far as understanding certain basic principles of existence. one of these is to consider the message independent of the individual choices of the writer which don't find their way into print. If I started listing exceptional people who changed the world while imbibing in their personal activities I would still be listing them at dawn. it's childish is what it is.

If maturity = singing about erections amidst people I've just met, I think I'll pass.

So the end result is that I am slandered (par for the course) while nothing is said about them by me except for these general observations a long time coming.

It's not slander if one is accurately reporting what happened, and there were far more of "us" than of him. His problem is really that he has nothing to say about us. Nothing truthful, anyway. What he wants is to "keep our secrets" in exchange for keeping his. Problem is, he has nothing to keep secret. But it sure does make him look better in many peoples' eyes, eh? How can I trust someone like that to watch my back?

I suppose it irks me a little when I have never been anything but welcoming and supportive of those folks and never got high around them and only mention my drug experiences when being truthful requires it and I never counsel people to follow my example in this regard. I don't promote such activity but I will not allow anyone to tell me what to do except the divine. Period. I'm firm on that (must be those chicks outside my door last night -grin-)

Um, see above.

My apologies for insulting you. For what it is worth, I accept that certain members of the SOTT group are childish and condemnative as well as grandiose and with many personal flaws. I guess that will be part of their "lessons" (wry smile)

I have lots of flaws. Childish? Sometimes! Condemnative? Sure! Grandiose? Entirely possible! Heck, I put Twitter's programmers to shame in my spare time!!

There's nothing wrong with having flaws. It's true that Les has written some really good stuff, IMO. I also think he's written some total crap. Well, can't win 'em all, right? That isn't really the question. The question is: What is our aim? And also: Does a certain person's participation in that aim add to or subtract from achieving that goal? In his case, I think there was simply too much instability. You can access truths the right way, and then you can force it on yourself in other ways, which DOES seem to work. It also destroys you (and possibly those around you) in the end, time and time again. And that doesn't do anybody any good.

If it wasn't chemical-induced, than SOMETHING was doing it, and it didn't look good.

Anyway, I don't have a negative opinion of Les the human being. He just isn't someone who I would want standing next to me when the poo hits the fan. That is most definitely a decision that I will make for myself. When everyone comes to the same conclusion, we part ways and that's that.

Personally, I will risk being wrong rather than being burdened with having been right and then having to deal with the repercussions.

Let me begin by setting the stage. Here is a small photo album of Les Visible's visit here. http://laura-knight-jadczyk.com/Les_Visible/index.html

His visit coincided with Perceval's birthday and we had other guests in the house as you can see in the above linked little album.

As you can also see, the date of the visit is June 2nd, 2008. Here is me on April 14, 2008, just six weeks earlier:
DSC05788.jpg

I had spent a number of hours in surgery having my shoulder rebuilt and, at the time Les visited, I was not only not recovered, I was still quite ill. It is after Les' visit that our research and work on detoxification began. You could even say it was partly because of his visit. Les is an advocate of the macrobiotic diet that has grains as the main staple. I tried it and it made me WAAAAAY worse and that prompted me to do research which led to discovering detoxification. But, before I got there, I was on the verge of death. That was in July of 2008. Keep in mind that the Pepin/HBI lawsuit was running in the background, and there were a lot of other things going on. So, Les' visit occurred in a certain context.

Anart wrote to me on June 1st that she had disturbing dreams about guests here at the house and I wrote back, on the 2nd, the day of Les' visit, the following:

Interesting since Les Visible is coming over (via {Rabelais}) tomorrow. It's also {Perceval}'s birthday... I'll be making a cake.

I'm doing marginally better. Actually cleaned up my desk area a bit today
and changed the bed; that's a positive sign. And then, I washed my hair
which is always a chore with this darn arm.

On the 5th of June, my 19 year-old daughter came down with chicken pox; on the 6th, my son had two wisdom teeth removed, several group members were conducting an inquiry into an online psychopath that was having repercussions, AND we had a rather upsetting events at the house here so there were signs all over the place. We were, as the Cs said in a session that we finally had when I was able to sit at the table, "shell-shocked." That session included a few bits about Les Visible and I have just posted it here:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=19608.0

I would like to mention that we have chosen to not disclose our extremely negative experience of Les in public because, as far as I have been able to see, Les has his flaws like everyone else - maybe a bit more obnoxious than some, but that could just be me; some people like that sort of personality - and he's certainly doing a decent job of calling 'em as he sees 'em.

However, according to what he has written above, it seems that Les does not grant to us the same rights to see things and call them as we see them. What he has written is actually not just one-sided, but some of it is outright lying.

I searched the forum to find what I had ever said about Les publicly and found the following:

Laura said:
Hi and welcome.

Regarding your question about Les Visible: we really like Les, but sott has a certain target audience that is not well served by certain practices, philosophy and language. When Les writes something that is appropriate for our audience, we will carry it.

That's it.

So, it seems the guilty flee when no man pursues.

I think there is a storm brewing in a tea-cup here. We liked Les' writings to begin with, but after a while he started writing things that simply didn't fit with Sott. When we had an opportunity to meet Les in person, he provided more evidence that we were really not on the same page as him. That's the long and the short of it. Everyone has the right of "non-association". Anything else Les has to say about the topic is irrelevant from our point of view.

Perceval said:
I think there is a storm brewing in a tea-cup here.

Exactly so. Arctodus trying to generate a negative feed-back loop and Les being able and willing to engage with him.

I think that Arctodus should go hang out on GLP where he may find a better fit.

Apologies for being off topic and I hope this is ok to say, I know it was 2008 but my heart goes out to you and your family in that photo Laura.

Why is it that all hell seems to break loose in general (and health wise) when you guys have a 'disruptive' guests about to arrive? It seems to be a reoccurring pattern from what I've read....nothing like being at the eye of the storm I guess.

Well said, Scottie! We do see this time and time again.

Mr. Scott said:
You can access truths the right way, and then you can force it on yourself in other ways, which DOES seem to work. It also destroys you (and possibly those around you) in the end, time and time again. And that doesn't do anybody any good.

RedFox said:
Apologies for being off topic and I hope this is ok to say, I know it was 2008 but my heart goes out to you and your family in that photo Laura.

Why is it that all hell seems to break loose in general (and health wise) when you guys have a 'disruptive' guests about to arrive? It seems to be a reoccurring pattern from what I've read....nothing like being at the eye of the storm I guess.

Thanks. It was my annus horribilis, to say the least, and the lawsuit, surgery, Les' totally inconsiderate behavior when I was still ill, the chicken pox, and so on, wasn't all there was. My mother had another stroke, my older daughter nearly died from using MMS, and the only good thing about the year was that we did win the lawsuit and everyone survived. But it was touch and go, for sure.

There were some good things, too. It was August 2nd of 2008 that I began the detox experiment with the infra-red sauna, supplements, and special diet. Within a month, I was much better, which is a good thing or I wouldn't have survived what was yet to come.

In January of 2009, all the rest of the household joined me on the diet and detox experiment and the rest is history. We made a lot of amazing discoveries and that led to a lot of other people learning what they could do to take control of their health. So, every dark cloud does have a silver lining.

RedFox said:

Yes, that sounds like a terrible ordeal from what everybody has described above, you all have my sympathies as well. I'm sure glad you all made it through that year!

As far as health issues occurring when certain guests arrive, this got me thinking that this might not be that uncommon in other people as well. It's just that most people don't equate ill health with certain people - we're trained to believe it's all a virus or germ of some sort. I've had this feeling when visiting certain people. The next day I'll feel somewhat sick or sapped of energy without any discernible reason why. I've learned to stay away from certain people due to this feeling too, even though I really can't explain it and usually try to make up some reasonable excuse if that certain person asks to see me again.

Hello all,

I was at the soirée in question, and I guess I will share my impressions as just one other perspective amongst the many gathered here.

My impression of Les from moment one was of intense dislike on a rather visceral level. So visceral that I felt a strong sense of needing to protect myself from him... It is not an impression I have often, and I have always been embarassed of having it, but over time, every time I have had it, it has been correct. I mean, not the urge to protect myself necessarily, but the sense of repulsion itself, has been in the past rather accurate. Every time he was within 5 feet of Laura I had the urge to stand between her and him. There was one time in particular during his seemingly never-ending sort of spoken word/musical act during Joe's birthday party after-party :P in which he was just looming over Laura, trying to be impressive I suppose, but it was just too weird for me.

Thank the divine cosmic mind that Ark played Chopin on the piano that night. It was a rather sublime balance to the onslaught of Les' performance.

As for this quote: "Second, what has violence got to do with me. I was at their chateau in France and the only violence I saw was Laura's daughter saying she could kick my ass over and over while I was demonstrating some martial arts techniques in slow motion on someone."

This is a really distorted view of the whole context of the situation. IMO, he was presenting himself as a martial arts expert and even offered to do a full speed demonstration, but all I could see was him getting some weird injury when his partner in this proposed demonstration did not cooperate, and I figured the last thing the folks at the chateau needed is another law suit.

Visible said...

Meanwhile most of them smoke as well. I'd like this double standard explained and also an explanation for why my posts, the vast majority of which never mention drugs (and please don't mention this post as it is an obvious parody. I only wish I had something like that) were made verboten.

This is just to set the record straight and I have several good friends connected to them who will bear out every word I have said and then some. The 'and then some' is what you don't get from me.

I would like to think that I am still counted among Les' friends after this post, but there are some things which do not "bear out". I was in attendance at the chateau on the evening in question. Wine was consumed moderately during dinner, and if I am not mistaken only one bottle was opened for a table of around ten people. After dinner, I opened another bottle of the privately labeled Cassiopaean Bordeaux, of which a member had sent them a case. It was a very good red and only one or two other people indulged with me after dinner. Laura and Ark were not among them. To my knowledge, I was the only person who could be considered tipsy that evening, as I consumed the lion's share of the second... and maybe a third bottle.

Since that evening in question, over two years ago, the necessity of the detox diet has turned the entire chateau crew into teetotalers. In my nearly seven years close proximity to Laura, Ark and their extended family, I have never seen any of them "drunk".

Visible said

Well, since we are being truthful, Les in fact had consumed, in my presence, an amount of a psychotropic substance before attending the dinner party in question.

Edit: I just reviewed the pictures taken when Les attended the dinner party. It appears there were two bottles of wine served with dinner, and a couple of people were having beer instead.

Edit #2: Les is in fact accomplished in the martial arts.

Patience said:
As for this quote: "Second, what has violence got to do with me. I was at their chateau in France and the only violence I saw was Laura's daughter saying she could kick my ass over and over while I was demonstrating some martial arts techniques in slow motion on someone."

This is a really distorted view of the whole context of the situation.

It is a VERY distorted view of the situation and context. I don't know what kind of background Les has, but in our family, it is not considered acceptable for an older man to come into the house and make direct, suggestive - and I mean OVERTLY suggestive - remarks to the daughters of the house. We are talking borderline filthy here. My daughters didn't like it and basically let him know that it would be a cold day in Hell before they would be interested in him sexually. He then switched to the "martial arts" theme in an aggressive way - rather like a guy with a hurt ego who's going to show everybody how tough he is - and it went downhill from there. The girls just couldn't resist pointing out how they could, literally, kick his behind if he tried his tricks on them.

Back
Top Bottom