Les Visible and Smoking Mirrors

RyanX

The Living Force
luke wilson said:
All those years have built an image and impression of invisibility, now he finds himself here and you know what, from his point of view, the problem is everyone else, NOT him. OSIT

Luke, have you ever heard the expression "people in glass houses should not throw stones"? Although I think you have some valid criticisms of Les, the same has been pointed about you as well. Maybe instead of all-out railing on Les (which is odd because in your previous post you just wanted us to drop the topic), you could take a moment to reflect on your situation as Laura pointed out.

luke wilson said:
Les isnt blind for the most part. He is well aware what he is doing and I think he LOVES it. Now I dont really know him, I am just using the tools available, like this article for example, to see where patterns fit and what that might mean.

<snip>

I think if you phrase what you're stating in less absolute terms, like many others have on here, you might have a point. I don't doubt that Les is a narcissist. Heck, we all are to one extent or another! Your sentence here is a total contradiction though. First you say that "Les is blind for the most part. He is well aware what he is doing and I think he LOVES it". That's a pretty bold statement of knowledge, and it really sounds like you're inside of the head of Les somehow. But next you state that, "Now I don't really know him". Do you see the contradiction here? That's two different I's coming through you within the span of a few sentences.
 

ScioAgapeOmnis

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
anart said:
ANYTHING can be faked by a certain type of person for quite some time to serve an agenda. Anything. Never underestimate what 'they' are willing to do to. As I said previously, I don't think Les 'fell', I think Les was always who he is now and has always been serving a very particular purpose - he had the ego to fit the bill and the mental instability and proclivity for drugs to make it easy (no one's driving the bus) - almost like he was 'custom made'. Perhaps there was a point when he was young that he could have become something else - I certainly can't speak to such things because there's no way to know - but time and again we see this same scenario.
Reminiscent of EsoQuest methinks.

Using Friday's bee and honey theme, Les is a classic honeypot. It's interesting how a thread like this presents such a great learning experience once someone like Les is revealed for what he is. It brings its share of trolls to the forum, as well as awakens "sleeper trolls". But it also brings new users with genuine desire for truth. Another effect is that existing users are given an opportunity to calibrate their reading instruments, and so various sacred cows, thought loops, and general subjectivity surface and are given a good opportunity for correction. A good example a few pages back was the idea that in a disagreement everybody is equally subjective and wrong, an idea that aims to hide and obfuscate the truth.

Far from unnecessary or an exercise in feeding Les's ego, this thread is invaluable and a good example of why this forum and network are an amazing learning resource for everyone involved. Of course in the context of cosmic changes, toxic Les is not really important, but nothing "cosmic" can be attained or properly understood without also doing the Work, and threads like this serve to help sharpen our reading instruments and reflect on our own programs, and I for one an thankful for such opportunities.
 

Hesper

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
While reading some of Les' garbage here I noticed a distinct flavor similar to, like Perceval stated, some Charlie Manson-types like Ira Einhorn and those boogeymen in Malachi Martin's book Hostage to the Devil (had to put that down almost immediately after starting it...and even the little I read caused me a good deal of anguish). They all seem to stir some really nasty feelings within me, and I'd imagine I'm not the only one judging from the anger vented recently on this thread. But still, these feelings seem to take their tole; almost like whatever darkness is inside me resonates with it and I remember how much wishful thinking I still do, and I fumbled around trying to reconcile myself to what I now see was the utter condemnation coming from my conscience.

2004 SOTT Article Relating Exorcisms to Work on the Self said:
We all have parts of ourselves that we are ashamed of, parts we wish to hide from others, parts of the predator's mind within us. As we cling to these lies, we are forced to find excuses, explanations, and stories to justify their place within us. In such moments, we become the predator.

...

The solution is not that the exorcist must be pure, but rather that the exorcist must recognise his own weaknesses and not hide from them. The exorcist must be transparent to himself and willing to admit his weaknesses to those assisting him in order to stand up to the evil spirit.

So it is with us.


The whole article is here on the forum. And by the way, Laura does mention in that thread NOT to read Malachi Martin's book on exorcisms unless you're super-prepared for that level of darkness. Just wanted to throw that out there, as a disclaimer.

But I thought this was an apt description, and reminded me of go2's suggestion to remember myself earlier on in the thread. How right you were, go2, and how blind I am!! Perhaps next time I will be better prepared to reconcile myself with my conscience.

go2 said:
….take heed to yourself.


Mod's note: Edited to fix the link.
 

dant

The Living Force
Hesper:

Your link is broken: http://[url=http//cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=159.msg7010#msg7010
 

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
For those who ascribe some inherant positive qualities to "Les" simply because he is able, from time to time, to write, speak etc. in an engaging and entertaining way; we should recall the many engaging, articulate and entertaining fundie ministers who attracted millions to their revival meetings and TV shows who appeared to be "holier than the Pope", only to be later revealed as conmen, wife abusers and all round low lifes. The world is full of people who are passionate about all sorts of noble causes but their passion is only really for themselves and the attention their cause gets them.
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Perceval said:
For those who ascribe some inherant positive qualities to "Les" simply because he is able, from time to time, to write, speak etc. in an engaging and entertaining way; we should recall the many engaging, articulate and entertaining fundie ministers who attracted millions to their revival meetings and TV shows who appeared to be "holier than the Pope", only to be later revealed as conmen, wife abusers and all round low lifes. The world is full of people who are passionate about all sorts of noble causes but their passion is only really for themselves and the attention their cause gets them.

Yep. To quote a tired old cliche, "If it looks too good to be true..." Or to quote Gurdjieff, "Auspicious exterior, suspicious interior." I mean, if reading Caricature of Love tells us one thing, it's that the inner world of the most talented writers is often completely lacking...
 

Mrs.Tigersoap

The Living Force
Hesper said:
those boogeymen in Malachi Martin's book Hostage to the Devil

I was thinking the exact same thing. He reminded me of the case of the university teacher who was into psychedelic drugs and was possessed by some grandiose, verbose and baroque character.

Perceval said:
For those who ascribe some inherant positive qualities to "Les" simply because he is able, from time to time, to write, speak etc. in an engaging and entertaining way; we should recall the many engaging, articulate and entertaining fundie ministers who attracted millions to their revival meetings and TV shows who appeared to be "holier than the Pope", only to be later revealed as conmen, wife abusers and all round low lifes.

AI said:
I mean, if reading Caricature of Love tells us one thing, it's that the inner world of the most talented writers is often completely lacking...

Same goes with the many beautiful and touching songs written by degenerates and Laurel Canyon types of individuals.
 

Franco

Jedi Master
I haven't read any of LV's work, but I have read this entire thread.

Les strikes me as someone who can be very dangerous given his strong command of the English language but also having the gift of the gab.

He seems to be able to make people believe what he is saying is true even when he lies quite easily.

At least to his followers.

However, to an analytical person it's clear that he contradicts himself a lot and to me that is a big tell tale sign of many things.

People like this tend to be very frustrating to deal with as even when you put them in a corner with facts, people still believe their drivel.

Someone mentioned spellbinder and I think that is a very fitting description of this type of person.

He will always have an answer for everything and he can never honestly be in the wrong.

Though he will "fakely" apologize to gain the upper hand in a dispute.

After seeing a picture of him and his age, for him to comment on the females in the house is beyond ridiculous and clearly shows he is more interested in sounding right than being right.
 

Avi

Jedi Council Member
I agree .... with the exception of LV having a command of the English language.

I find his writing to be clap-trap.


Franco said:
I haven't read any of LV's work, but I have read this entire thread.

Les strikes me as someone who can be very dangerous given his strong command of the English language but also having the gift of the gab.

He seems to be able to make people believe what he is saying is true even when he lies quite easily.

At least to his followers.

However, to an analytical person it's clear that he contradicts himself a lot and to me that is a big tell tale sign of many things.

People like this tend to be very frustrating to deal with as even when you put them in a corner with facts, people still believe their drivel.

Someone mentioned spellbinder and I think that is a very fitting description of this type of person.

He will always have an answer for everything and he can never honestly be in the wrong.

Though he will "fakely" apologize to gain the upper hand in a dispute.

After seeing a picture of him and his age, for him to comment on the females in the house is beyond ridiculous and clearly shows he is more interested in sounding right than being right.
 
Top Bottom