"Life Without Bread"

Laurentien said:
Atreide condition was much severe, I didn't know how bat it was. I will follow is example, will make a list of my own and stick to it.

You can put veal and fatty fish on it. And later you can add shrimp and scallops and oysters and clams, etc. But wait a bit.

Atriedes was a few hours from dying due to the infection that was basically everywhere in his colon and peritoneum. They wanted to remove his colon. We said "no" double the antibiotics and wait 24 hours.

It may sound crazy, but we now sit down to breakfast and actually butter our meat to get enough fat.

Tip: get pork chops (cote du porc) with all the fat left on - tell the butcher NOT to trim them. Then, snip the fat so it looks like wide fringe. Fry it in deep lard. That makes the fat very crisp and tasty.

Be very wary of sausages that may contain pepper or other spices. Those things are very irritating to the colon.

You may not have bowel movements every day because meat is almost totally digested and there is little waste. If you do have problems, a glycerin suppository or lightly salted enema will do the trick. Or just keep your vitamin C and magnesium high enough to keep things moving. But do NOT expect stools like you had on high fiber. Size and quantity will be greatly reduced (not to mention odor).

You can put veal and fatty fish on it. And later you can add shrimp and scallops and oysters and clams, etc. But wait a bit.
Good I usually eat fish once a week, got some frozen trout and walleyes from last summer fishing. I cook them in a lot of butter and someone recently told me that she cook her trout, wrap in bacon.

It may sound crazy, but we now sit down to breakfast and actually butter our meat to get enough fat.

I spread paté de foie on my eggs. I need to cook some more today but I wont put anything containing carbs or fiber. As for the paper or others spice, is everything out or can I use some like thyme and marjoram.

Tip: get pork chops (cote du porc) with all the fat left on - tell the butcher NOT to trim them. Then, snip the fat so it looks like wide fringe. Fry it in deep lard. That makes the fat very crisp and tasty.

Sound great will do it. The pork I buy is always with the trim and recently I buy flank roast or shoulder, it as more fat than chop. Flank I cook on the barbecue, It look like a slab of bacon with a good 3/4 inch of fat on one side and a inch of meat on the other side. On the barbecue you put the fatty side on the grill only and let it cook until the fat is crispy on 1/4 inch and the meat above is cook. If you try, close the bottom grill under the piece of meat once it is pre-heated otherwise it will cook to fast. The meat and fat just melt in the mouth and you got this exterior crispy band that taste like bacon.

Be very wary of sausages that may contain pepper or other spices. Those things are very irritating to the colon.

I will ask my saucissier if she has any very mild one if not, I will stick to the paleo one.

You may not have bowel movements every day because meat is almost totally digested and there is little waste. If you do have problems, a glycerin suppository or lightly salted enema will do the trick. Or just keep your vitamin C and magnesium high enough to keep things moving. But do NOT expect stools like you had on high fiber. Size and quantity will be greatly reduced (not to mention odor).

That is what I thought and I fell that things are moving but there may not be a lot of it. I will take an extra dose of vit. C of 2400 mg, that will make it 7200mg a day.

Laura said:

This is definitely true and it took me a little while to figure this out with only eating meat. I thought "Gee, I should be going more" but I didn't feel constipated or anything. It is truly amazing all the changes that have occured since switching to low carb. I can't tell you how amazing I have been feeling lately. It is truly life changing. I feel like a kid again!

Angela said:
Laura said:

This is definitely true and it took me a little while to figure this out with only eating meat. I thought "Gee, I should be going more" but I didn't feel constipated or anything. It is truly amazing all the changes that have occured since switching to low carb. I can't tell you how amazing I have been feeling lately. It is truly life changing. I feel like a kid again!

I'm really glad to hear the diet is working out so well for you, Angela! It's really inspiring that you've turned your health around so dramatically. If you can do it, anyone who sets their minds to it and follows the knowledge carefully should be able to do the same, right? Thanks for sharing your experiences. :)

Laurentien said:
Good I usually eat fish once a week, got some frozen trout and walleyes from last summer fishing. I cook them in a lot of butter and someone recently told me that she cook her trout, wrap in bacon.

I spread paté de foie on my eggs. I need to cook some more today but I wont put anything containing carbs or fiber. As for the paper or others spice, is everything out or can I use some like thyme and marjoram.

Notice that eggs are not on the list. They are also constipating.

Eliminate all spices for awhile.

Eat only what is on The List.

Laurentien said:
Laura said:
Notice that eggs are not on the list. They are also constipating.

Eliminate all spices for awhile.

Eat only what is on The List.

Thanks. Will do.

Don't forget your potassium and salted water. Don't stint on salt on your meat, either. Take omega-3s with meals, too.

Laurentien said:
The pork I buy is always with the trim and recently I buy flank roast or shoulder, it as more fat than chop.

Do your porc chops, the roast or shoulder look like this, when you see the amount of fat compared to the amount of meat?

images

If not, then they are not fatty enough. Tip: you can add butter, lard, ghee, etc.!

"The List" really has performed a miracle in Atreides, and for all of us here too even if we can add only a few things extra once in a while. I hope it really helps you too. It seems that you have years and years of a bad diet, even if you thought (like all of us) that you were eating healthy foods before. Talk about brainwashing and losing your "gut feeling" about what is good and bad for your health!

Laura said:
Don't forget your potassium and salted water. Don't stint on salt on your meat, either. Take omega-3s with meals, too.
I take potassium with every meal since yesterday and salt every thing I eat. As for omega-3 my dose was a tea spoon twice a day but raised it to 3 time a day yesterday. I will add salt to my water.
I had a fringed pork chop tonight and use bacon fat to fry it, it was delicious.
Ailén said:
Laurentien said:
The pork I buy is always with the trim and recently I buy flank roast or shoulder, it as more fat than chop.

Do your porc chops, the roast or shoulder look like this, when you see the amount of fat compared to the amount of meat?

images

If not, then they are not fatty enough. Tip: you can add butter, lard, ghee, etc.!

"The List" really has performed a miracle in Atreides, and for all of us here too even if we can add only a few things extra once in a while. I hope it really helps you too. It seems that you have years and years of a bad diet, even if you thought (like all of us) that you were eating healthy foods before. Talk about brainwashing and losing your "gut feeling" about what is good and bad for your health!

No, it as not that amount of fat but I cooked it in plenty of bacon fat and once cook, put some broth in the pan to get all the fat on my chop. But I have to say that the piece of flank pork I buy as this amount of fat, the reason why we eat more of it than chop. But I will ask the owner of the organic farm where I buy my pork if he can leave more fat on it.

Yeah! Always ate good meat and plenty of fiber and carbs and cutting the evil fat and cholesterol. Since I started reading the vegetarian myth (not finish yet) and today beginning PBPM, it just seem so obvious where that manipulation come from even if we cannot prove it. The fourth density sts got us exactly where they wanted us, I'm sure, when they influenced us to become farmer. Just looking at what people buy at the market now a day is difficult. You want to tell them but you can't.

I will stick to "the list" and to real food for sure.

Thanks to all at the chateau. Atreide, your pass suffering and experience is now bringing healing to others, may it help you heal faster and completely.

Thanks, Laurentien

Ailén said:

images

We had pork chops for dinner tonight, but they didn't look like that!! They hardly had any fat. Problem here is you can't get them in the supermarket with fat on them and butchers are non-existant. My husband cooked them in a skillet with olive oil, I would have preferred bacon fat or ghee but he doesn't like cooking with the bacon fat, he says it taints the flavor makes the other food taste too "bacon-y."

I LIKE bacon! :curse:

Laurentien, you may also benefit from taking high doses of L-Glutamine (5000-6000 mg) and slippery elm, and maybe aloe vera to heal your gut faster.

Also, although the pork is quite fatty here, when we get ground pork for burgers we ask the butch to add a chunk of fat about the size of a pack of cigarettes per 2 kilos of meat. Since many people want the fat cut off, you can ask your butcher to give you the extra fat and he'll probably be glad to sell it to you.

Mrs. Peel said:
Ailén said:

images

We had pork chops for dinner tonight, but they didn't look like that!! They hardly had any fat. Problem here is you can't get them in the supermarket with fat on them and butchers are non-existant. My husband cooked them in a skillet with olive oil, I would have preferred bacon fat or ghee but he doesn't like cooking with the bacon fat, he says it taints the flavor makes the other food taste too "bacon-y."

I actually prefer to smear on bacon fat after the meal is cooked instead of cooking in bacon fat. I find bacon fat doesn't make the best cooking fat (seems to taste off after essentially being cooked twice). Just spread it on like butter after the fact - it's delicious!

BTW, that pork chop picture looks like the most delicious thing I've ever seen, Ailén. I wish I could get meat with that much fat! Maybe it's time to search out another butcher...

Mrs. Peel said:

I was under the impression that olive oil wasn't really too good to cook with. I've been trying to cook everything with some kind of fat though I do understand the predicament your in.

Pete said:
Mrs. Peel said:

I was under the impression that olive oil wasn't really too good to cook with. I've been trying to cook everything with some kind of fat though I do understand the predicament your in.

Lard is a good substitute - actually, good for about everything. Olive oil is BAD to cook with.

SeekinTruth said:
Laurentien, you may also benefit from taking high doses of L-Glutamine (5000-6000 mg) and slippery elm, and maybe aloe vera to heal your gut faster.
I will rise L-Glutamine to 5000mg but not sure if I can find slippery elm, I will check at the health store today. I just read about it on the net and it sound very good.
Some of it benefice are;
When taken internally, it is highly nutritive and healing for all inflammatory conditions of the stomach, intestines, colon, and urinary organs. When combined with psyllium seed, it is a very potent drink that helps to evacuate the bowels and thus helps in relieving even the most persistent constipation.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom