"Life Without Bread"

Laura said:
Atreides said:
In the end, the whole point of The List is about changing how you think about food, in a fun and kooky way, it's a kind of misdirection for the mind. It's about making a conscious choice to think a specific way, something I think very few people ever do. It's about taking complete control of your mind and convincing it to do what you need it to do to accomplish your goals. Instead of berating yourself, or hating yourself, you simply give your mind a reason, totally illogical, to counteract the already illogical and unreasonable ideas in your head.

Even though Atriedes has made the above tongue-in-cheek remarks about The List, those of you who read his essay carefully - and more than once - may notice the extraordinary rationality of this attitude toward food. As he pointed out: food should not really be about pleasure - what is pleasurable in taking the life of another being? - but about spare functionality. The way you eat, what you eat or don't eat, will not make you pure or holy; but there is a rational, objective reason for optimal diet practice, and that is service to others. To be able to be of service with the minimum of suffering imposed on the planet and its living system in the process.

I agree that food should not really be about pleasure but about spare functionality. But, the path followed by Atreides that resulted in The List appear to me to have move from one extreme to the other. It appear that he is fighting fire with fire instead of finding a balance base on objectivity, knowledge and instead restrict the potentiality of the natural world and it diversity. What I mean is that I'm quit sure that the Goddess did not create this whole fauna, this huge diversity and made us mono feeder. Mono feeder tend to disappear quickly once there source of food disappear.

I totally agree with the minimalist principal, that consumption of food other than to be of service to other c.e. not eating the best food available that provide the maximum energy and help maintain or repair the body, mind, emotional complex, should be avoided. But, it should not close the door to any potential nutrient that may maximize someone to for example intensify is energetic input with lesser impact on the natural world or, to heal faster from some disease seem like a limitation for me. Maybe I misinterpret here because of is humorous tone, but minimalist is one but Atreides idea some what appear to me quit doctrinal.

I knew that this day as to come. That eating and food should not be seen as a pleasure and accept, their on, the minimalist principal. For me, The List is to eat the most effectively and consciously possible. To never eat something consciously or unconsciously that can impact negatively my body, mind and emotional bodies.

So the list as fat and protein from animal and some fat from coconut oil, 0 carbs and 0 fiber so far.

Laurentien said:
I agree that food should not really be about pleasure but about spare functionality. But, the path followed by Atreides that resulted in The List appear to me to have move from one extreme to the other. It appear that he is fighting fire with fire instead of finding a balance base on objectivity, knowledge and instead restrict the potentiality of the natural world and it diversity. What I mean is that I'm quit sure that the Goddess did not create this whole fauna, this huge diversity and made us mono feeder. Mono feeder tend to disappear quickly once there source of food disappear.

I totally agree with the minimalist principal, that consumption of food other than to be of service to other c.e. not eating the best food available that provide the maximum energy and help maintain or repair the body, mind, emotional complex, should be avoided. But, it should not close the door to any potential nutrient that may maximize someone to for example intensify is energetic input with lesser impact on the natural world or, to heal faster from some disease seem like a limitation for me. Maybe I misinterpret here because of is humorous tone, but minimalist is one but Atreides idea some what appear to me quit doctrinal.
What's interesting is that before A posted about the list and I read your post asking about including duck, is that for a brief moment I wondered if you were having some emotional difficulty with the idea of cutting back as your post read to me as if you might be attempting to bargain. Correct me if I'm off.

A or Laura would need to answer but my understanding is that, that particular situation required that specific response in order to save his life.

Perhaps the Goddess, as you said, created this wide range of diversity in order to support all life as it exists as opposed to just our life? If each life has roughly 3 to 5 things that they can/should eat, that would give all the other lives the opportunity to eat what is natural to them instead of some eating more than others and depriving the others of sustenance afforded to them via nature. Maybe food is really a mirror for the way humans in general use up resources for our own selfish purposes as opposed to just taking what we need and letting others have their fair share?

So maybe the idea/program of humans being able to eat a larger variety of foods is still something that gives you comfort on some level?

All the paleo people on the internets talk about ordering from "US Wellness Meats". Apparently they will deliver anywhere in the US and are paleo-friendly. I don't have any experience with them myself, not living in the US, but the American paleo community seems happy with them overall, from what I've read on blogs and such. It might be worth a try if you've exhausted all possibilities locally.

DugDeep, I am so happy to find this post about US Wellness Meats! My search for a good quality meat/butcher (grass fed and fatty meats) has been nil, and I have grumpily :mad: continued with organic food stores, while searching online--also highly frustrating, as any grass fed meat was very expensive and some places in-state don't ship and it was expensive, and I could never find pork that wasn't fed grains!
I found a butcher with high quality meat here in the city, willing to save the fat for me and not trim the chops, etc, but always the animals are finished on grain, so it was a no-go.

Thank you Atreides, I am so glad you posted your story. You expressed in words what I have been feeling about the sacredness of the pig in particular, about eating the sow as a sacrament (The List) and it inspired me further about the blood of the Goddess Gaia, about STO through our bodies, as we gradually have removed more and more STS programming about food--literally, from our bodies!! I enjoyed reading what you wrote and plan to re-read it. I have always loved pork--as a little girl my favorites were pork chops, bacon and ham. Still are!

I once posted this somewhere else, but thought that this thread is now an appropriate place to re-post it. It can be noticed here, the connection of the Sow, abundance and the Goddess--her food offering to humanity. It is indeed a sacrament. As a group, we are blessed to have this knowledge.

http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2007/11/03/symbolic-meaning-of-pigs/

[Symbolic Meanings Blog by Avia Venefica Random Header Image]

Symbolic Meaning of Pigs
Written by avenefica on November 3rd, 2007

Symbolic meaning of pigs varies according to region & culture.

"In earlier cultures such as ancient Greece and Egyptian the pig (sow, specifically) was considered a Great Mother and were symbols of fertility and abundance. Here the pig was sacred to Isis, who embodied fertility.

To the ancient Celts, the (sow) pig was also honored as a mother provider figure. Celtic lore tells of Manannan, who owned a heard of pigs that never dwindled – they were forever replinishing their numbers. As such, in Celtic symbolism pigs remained icons of abundance.

Also in ancient Celtic beliefs, the pig was associated with Ceridwen (or Keridwin) and Phaea who were both fertility moon goddesses.

The pig was also a symbol of virility, strength, and ferility in ancient Chinese cultures. The boar is even among the animals in the Chinese zodiac where it is considered a symbol of sincerity, honesty, and determination..."

truth seeker said:
So maybe the idea/program of humans being able to eat a larger variety of foods is still something that gives you comfort on some level?

It would seem so, indeed. It is actually strange that it would be Laurentien who wrote that, when he himself is having pretty serious health issues. Maybe you haven't felt quite shocked yet, eh? Your rationalization sounds a bit to me like saying "I won't get pregnant, really. I'll just get a little bit pregnant". You either are, or you aren't. It is obvious that we can take into consideration individual differences, but the idea itself of being on such a simple diet seems to bother you, eh? Even when your life might depend on it?

Until your body is straightened up, big time, you can't know what food is safe. The whole point is not taking unnecessary risks, and let your body heal. If The List save the life of someone with a very sensitive condition, and contains food that is safe for everyone, what does that tell you? You can worry about your "speshul" list afterwards (and you probably won't once you start feeling well and healing). Coconut oil; for example, is not good for everyone. But you can't seem to think about The List for you too, eh?

I'd suggest that you read Atreides' post once again. He explained in detail why it needed to be quite "doctrinal" (for him), as you put it. And in fact, it's funny that you would argue on that point when, seen from outside, it would seem that you would benefit from a bit of discipline and "staking of the Predator" yourself. Eh?

truth seeker said:
Perhaps the Goddess, as you said, created this wide range of diversity in order to support all life as it exists as opposed to just our life? If each life has roughly 3 to 5 things that they can/should eat, that would give all the other lives the opportunity to eat what is natural to them instead of some eating more than others and depriving the others of sustenance afforded to them via nature. Maybe food is really a mirror for the way humans in general use up resources for our own selfish purposes as opposed to just taking what we need and letting others have their fair share?

I agree. If you imagine yourself being in a group of low-carb people somewhere in the forest, and there is let's say a certain amount of wild pigs walking around, one doesn't need to eat all day long to be able to do stuff or to have a decent amount of energy throughout the day, cause low-carb means little food=more. This also means that more meat can be shared with others. Plus, there wouldn't be a great need to test out all sorts of animals or plants, if one is already satisfied with certain foods.

And every environment was different to a certain extent, some communities had more fish available to them, some had some nuts etc. But that all has changed. The whole agriculture thing destroyed us and the variety of foods that is most optimal for people differs per person. Some need to go through gut healing first, others simply can't eat a certain food cause of damage etc. It's not that simple anymore. We used to take what we could find naturally in our environment and be happy with that, but we can't do that now, because our environment is far from natural, so we gotta re-gain knowledge and modify our diet and pick the food(s) that suits us, on a personal level, best. Fwiw.

The List is Atreides higher power. It is an AIM bigger than fear and self loathing. The powerlessness over feel good food is countered by a long lever. The fulcrum of the long lever is The List. It is voluntary suffering of non-negotiable AIM which strengthens being. The List is not about food, except in so far as food was life’s brick wall for Atreides. My brick wall was liquor. It made my brain feel good. I was powerless over the feel good urge. One day I was drinking for two, since the woman in my life wouldn’t drink with me any more. I was setting in her chair, saying her lines when I saw myself with total clarity. In that moment a voice said, “You don’t have to drink again.” That became The List for me. Don’t Drink, No Matter What. That long lever gave me an AIM I could reach and that was the beginning of building a soul. The List is the beginning of Atreides building a soul.

Atreides, you might find Iron John by Robert Bly useful, if you haven’t read it already and I wish you well in your quest for sobriety. :)

Laurentien said:

This sounds like emotional thinking. All of the evidence suggests that human beings thrive on animal fat and protein, and that with the introduction of a more 'varied' diet, human health declined and all sorts of modern illnesses appeared. Your comment, Laurentian, about "the goddess" creating all this fauna and diversity for us to feed on is rather presumptuous and self-referencing, and flies in the face of the evidence for a diet of almost purely animal fat and protein being optimal for human health.

Laurentien said:

Saying that Atreides' outline is 'doctrinal' sounds like an emotional reaction, especially given that he merely reiterates the findings of years of research by people like Weston Price and offers his own experiences, which show him within about ten minutes what he can and can't eat, and have led him to conclude that Pork products not only cause the fewest problems but also seem to provide the most efficient source of energy.

Laurentien said:
I knew that this day as to come. That eating and food should not be seen as a pleasure and accept, their on, the minimalist principal. For me, The List is to eat the most effectively and consciously possible. To never eat something

If you plan to eat in the most conscious way, I would suggest that you need to allow hard scientific research to guide you, rather than your addictions to food (which have been built up throughout your whole life) and your desire to obtain pleasure, as well as energy, from eating.

In short, you might want to consider whether or not you are addicted to food and taste and the pleasure you derive from eating a 'varied diet'. It's not exactly an uncommon way to look at and respond to food, just about everyone on the planet looks at and responds to food in that way. But it does not serve you, or anyone here, to argue in the way you are arguing, which is essentially arguing for your own addiction while denying that you are subject to such an addiction and ignoring the hard science behind the idea that humans really are best-suited to a more or less mono-diet.

Sorry I'm a little late on this but I just read Atriedes post. Great read. I like your adept writing, and I like what you said, especially...
In the end, the whole point of The List is about changing how you think about food, in a fun and kooky way, it's a kind of misdirection for the mind. It's about making a conscious choice to think a specific way, something I think very few people ever do. It's about taking complete control of your mind and convincing it to do what you need it to do to accomplish your goals. Instead of berating yourself, or hating yourself, you simply give your mind a reason, totally illogical, to counteract the already illogical and unreasonable ideas in your head.

Thanks much!

The Animals said:
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

The trouble with saying anything is that it's very easy to be misunderstood, and I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about The List and what it is.

I will try to clarify a bit more, and hopefully we can all come to an understanding.

I agree that food should not really be about pleasure but about spare functionality.

This is not what The List is about. You are not an engine, and choosing food is not the same as choosing Unleaded 95 or Unleaded 98 for your car. Such a mechanistic and purely materialist idea is too weak to overcome a program in your mind. From a spiritualist point of view it is rather insulting to the universe and the Creator, and is a kind of consumerist idea of nature. Nature is not your personal grocery store, and you can't head to the Eco section, or the Bio section.

It appear that he is fighting fire with fire instead of finding a balance base on objectivity, knowledge and instead restrict the potentiality of the natural world and it diversity.

Balance is stagnation. Fighting fire with fire is a common idiom in english because it is actually used to fight fire. From almost every strategic perspective, such tactics are always more successful than not. Bruce Lee built an entire martial art on the concept of the "Intercepting Fist", a fancy way of saying punch first.

The concepts of balance and moderation are liars, they trick you into thinking you can just have a little. That if you take equal parts of poison and antidote you'll feel no ill effects. This is how most people live and it isn't working, I don't think it is working for you at the very least.

I remember talking to a friend who was making a meal of some processed frozen burgers (the ones with the bun), but he assured me all was well because he was eating a piece of fresh fruit for desert, and that should balance it all out.

What I mean is that I'm quit sure that the Goddess did not create this whole fauna, this huge diversity and made us mono feeder.

How is this not hubris? Did you ever stop to wonder that maybe She created them because She wanted to, thought they were beautiful, or had some purpose for them, besides residing in your stomach?

So the list as fat and protein from animal and some fat from coconut oil, 0 carbs and 0 fiber so far.

You read only what you wanted to read, heard only what you wanted to hear. The list is not about carbs or fibers or animal fat. The List is a fulcrum. It is a mental structure expressly for the purposes of having something against which to place a lever and bring about some change. The Lever is the diet, the research, the planning, the food selection.

You can put anything you like against The List, stopping drinking, stopping coffee, stopping any kind of addiction or poor behavior. You can use it to motivate any kind of change you like.

The List is a living structure in your mind, it's like an avatar for a certain type of cognitive process through which you can interface with a specific desire in yourself to accomplish some goal. Another way to look at it is like the focusing lens of a laser. You have some energy that you wish to direct in some arbitrary direction, but to do that, you need a lens through which to focus it.

If you try to build this lens all hodge-podge from some used glass it will not be very good, so you have to manufacture it from some basic elements in your mind. If you take something like "carbs are bad" and use that as your lens, it doesn't work, it's just not clear/strong enough.

There are some structures in your mind that you can repurpose, or refactor, to be used like this, but often times it's better to start from scratch.

The list is doctrinal and dogmatic, and irrational. It's supposed to be that way, because the human mind is naturally irrational, or at least most of it is irrational. Since rationality began taking the forefront of human endeavor man has gone farther towards his own destruction and the destruction of others and nature than any and all religions combined. Rational thinkers have caused more pain and suffering that a million Torquemadas ever could.

I have personally worked with The List and seen great results, my counsel is to work with The List as I have presented it for a number of reasons:

Unless you are in enough pain right now to send you into a death bed confession (I was), I doubt you will have the motivation to really be as honest as you possibly can be with yourself. Nothing brings clarity like unrelenting and searing pain deep inside your gut. You think that you are being objective, let me tell you buddy, I've seen the other side first hand and I ain't goin back. A wise man learns from his mistakes, a genius learns from others, and I am telling you that following your current way of thinking is going to lead you to a very bad place. Believe me or not, in the end, it's your choice.

The fact that you can do something doesn't mean you actually should. Maybe you can eat a bunch of different things, maybe you'd be just fine like that, and maybe not, and maybe the universe doesn't care that you spent your entire life from one maybe to the next. Personally, I got places to be and things to get done, and I prefer to do what I have proven is right versus what could theoretically be possible. In the end, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

If eating is that important to you, by all means continue doing what you are doing, thinking like you are thinking, and eating like you are eating. No one will stop you. Since I found The List I have been able to gets tons of stuff done and have plenty of energy to spare that I can spend on more projects, all because I'm not wasting it on food.

In fact, The List has just spoken: Explanations of The List are no longer on The List. I have said my peace/piece, take it or leave it, or do what you want with it

Posté par: truth seeker
« le: Aujourd'hui à 12:57:22 pm »

* Citer ce message

What's interesting is that before A posted about the list and I read your post asking about including duck, is that for a brief moment I wondered if you were having some emotional difficulty with the idea of cutting back as your post read to me as if you might be attempting to bargain. Correct me if I'm off.

You are off, I asked because duck as a lot of fat and thought to ask if it was a good idea. Since I had no answer to that question, I assumed that it was not on the list so I ate veal and bacon Saturday night and my wife our daughter ate duck.

So far, I had pork at every meal since I started this tread and don't have a difficult time at all. Food is energy, that all. I have disconnected food from the emotional, I eat only because it is necessary. As I explained to my daughter today, we have to eat the most efficiently as possible to serve others. By respecting this principal, by adopting a diet that maximize our health, our energy wont be wasted to repair the damage that result otherwise. Thus, our energy is fully available, we get the maximum from what we eat to be of service to others. Taking more than what is necessary is glutinous and a disrespect toward nature.

A or Laura would need to answer but my understanding is that, that particular situation required that specific response in order to save his life.

Yes, this where I was confuse, that it was for is specifically, Atreids as no choice but to act this way, that in is condition he add to adopt those measure. But as I accepted his list and use it since I was first aware of it, at the exception that I do not touch xylithol or tea because they contain carbs, drinking hot water with coconut oil only to help things moving. But what I wanted to express, was that The List may not serve every one the same way it help Atreides. In my head, I was scare that The List can be view as the unique and only diet permitted. Many on this forum don't tolerate pork, other may not even have the opportunity to buy it and as each is unique, other may benefice from another primal source of energy.

I agree totally.

No, See previous answer.

Laurentien said:

The problem is that with the possibility of massive climate change coming in the form of global cooling, agriculture as we know it could be wiped out. This isn't the first time in human history this has happened and probably won't be the last. Those who survived were the ones who ate meat and probably nothing but meat seeing as that was all there was for a long period of time before the rest of plant kingdom recovered.

This might have been well understood at a certain period of time, that humans were designed to only eat certain animal products and nothing more. The research seems to suggest (and some like Atreides have painfully discovered) that pork is an ideal food for humans, although it's obvious that not all human cultures had access to pork prior the advent of worldwide shipping networks. People had to adapt, so the took the next best things that provided them with enough fat to survive. But the point is that none of their foods were optimal and over time various disease started to crop up and genetic damage and on and on... at least that's how I see it.

Humans might have the ability to adapt to an abnormal diet for a short period of time just to survive, but we cannot thrive doing this. I would consider carefully your assumptions here, Laurentien

Laurentien said:
But what I wanted to express, was that The List may not serve every one the same way it help Atreides.

I think you are having in mind the List rather than The List. With the List you would be right. But with The List - it is different, because The List is incomprehensible using 3D brains alone. The List is your opportunity to grow bigger than yourself. I could write it in equations, but they are bigger than I am, so I will skip thyem.

As Atriedes has pointed out, The List is a mental structure, an attitude. Certainly, some people will have different meats on their list because pork may not be perfect for everyone. At least maybe not at first. It also seems that seafood is one of the things we can eat though additional nutrients might be necessary.

But again, that's not the point: the point is the mental structure, the attitude, and unless and until you have been within a day of certain death, you may not understand it and the necessity for it, though certainly, with the way you are approaching the matter - and considering your condition - you may get there and not have the luxury of saving your colon.

IMHO the list underlines an important attitude that may be expressed as being in tune with nature. We are so untunned today that we cannot feel it.

I personally do not consider eating pork chops only as putting fuel into the body (and mind) because it is divinely delicious!

The difference is that one may enjoy what nature offers, instead of enjoying what he takes from nature. This lattest attitude has something psychopathic IMHO even if one is not aware/conscious of it.
Pork/pig/boar has been associated with the Goddess (the giving aspect of nature) and considered as sacred (worth of respect).

When the patriarchal/agricultural religions took over, pork became sometimes forbiden and regarded as abomination. At the same time, they imposed agriculture, which may be regarded as a rape of nature, and sayd to people "nature has been given to you by god to use it" and so humans have been enjoying what they took by force from nature, destroying nature itself, their health, and their mental and spiritual developement.

The list may be one step towards reconciling with nature (and the Goddess, as the giving aspect) and to enjoy what is offered to us and respect it. We often forget hat we are part of the Earth, part of its cycles, and because of those silly authoritarian religions, we thought of ourselve as its masters. As a species we pay the price everyday, and there is probably more to come. OSIT.

Edit: spelling

ark said:
Laurentien said:
But what I wanted to express, was that The List may not serve every one the same way it help Atreides.

I think you are having in mind the List rather than The List. With the List you would be right. But with The List - it is different, because The List is incomprehensible using 3D brains alone. The List is your opportunity to grow bigger than yourself. I could write it in equations, but they are bigger than I am, so I will skip thyem.

Yes and no ark, I was more concerned that others will confuse the list with The List and agree that it's an essential tool for the work. I knew immediately it potential to overcome one is addiction to the joy procure by our senses. It is essential, I think, to master our senses and used them as they were originally serving us. To help us survive in this world.

In this post, http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,15453.0.html, I wrote the following;
Is this reality real because we believe in it? What may happen if you persuade yourself that it is all just and illusion, does all limitation fall? Believing in lies endanger the soul, believing our sense and feeling are what connect us to this material world, they are our connection through which we are drained everyday of our energy. I can see it now, I can name the program as they appear, all those petty addiction or emotional trigger that appear to submerge us and bind us in materiality. Slave we are and we love it, indeed.

So, are programs defining our own limitation? Is knowledge the key to rewrite those limitations? As detoxing and acquiring and healthy diet can enhance one is energy, by acquiring knowledge we learn how to build reserve and to not spend it uselessly or naively, but first one as to see it. By positively working on the self to eliminate program, we spare that energy from being given away. Every little program eliminated, every small victory mean more energy for oneself and for oneself to choose when to spend it.

and I should add, how to spend it. Program are every where, knowledge help us to unearth them and will push them away. To know, help us move forward and break the bond holding us. The senses are use very effectively again us as you sure know. Pleasuring them today and poisoning oneself be it with food, odors or sound, are all very effective weapon again one is body, psychic and emotional body.

My first reaction Saturday night after reading Atreides post, Was to say FINALLY. I had waited long for that moment, when finally someone who can write so clearly and humorously about those chain that we carry every day. Atreides pushed close to "The Wall" and and suffered greatly for that but, "wall" are placed in front of us so we can have a view at the Abyss. Once you look into it, you either choose to let go or to fight. Atreides choose to fight, so did I, and to win that fight you can choose any weapon the that you can imagine.
Atrides choose The List and it is a magnificent weapon, it simple and very effective, I know, I'm using it. But I was scared, as I said, that the two would be confuse and open ways for attacks. This forum is all about truth and objectivity and Atreides is "enlightenment", is intuition concerning the diet or the list, can carry many to miss interpret it.

As you obviously know, attack toward you all at the château and FOTCM at the moment are climbing. Atreide is honesty is obvious in is post but for someone from the exterior reading it, not knowing about The List, it could be interpreted quit radically.

Once again, I like to thanks you Atreides for this magnificent weapon. It will enable me to move forward and many others who may not realize it at the moment. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom