"Life Without Bread"

Gonzo said:
There could be a difference in the term "organic", depending on your country's organic standard. Organic does not necessarily means grass fed. One of the more common terms being used now is "organic pastured fed" to differentiate between livestock fed organic grains versus pasture fed livestock. You might want to verify the animal was grazing. As well, depending on the climate and farming practices, many pastured livestock are fed grains as a supplement to hay in the winter, when foraging and grazing opportunities are limited, and some farmers finish the animal off on grains prior to slaughter.

FYI,
Gonzo

Hi Gonzo,

no worries, I've done my homework and learned about it while going through this thread, prior starting the diet ;) It is an important difference and I wasn't really aware of it before. I was also shocked to learn how often soy is used to feed the animals (cause of it's cheep price?), I had no idea! This ARE grass fed pigs.

Thank you all for the info on the butter 'substitute'! That product went straight into a garbage can and I passed the info to my daughter! She was happy actually cause she can tolerate the real butter. I'm having problems in finding unsalted butter for making my own ghee and the finished product is pretty expensive... Could ghee be made with a regular, salted butter, by any chance?

Laura said:
Butter is actually VERY good for you for many reasons in addition to it's fatness.
I couldn't have ANY butter for a couple of years because my leaky gut issues made me WAY sensitive to any whiff of casein. But, I could tolerate ghee. It wasn't as good as butter, but it was okay.
I was SOOO happy when my gut finally began to heal and I could have regular butter. For some of you, that may be why you cannot tolerate it: you gut hasn't healed and this can take up to two years. But you can still get most of the nutritional value from the ghee.

Thank you Laura for the reminder and new info, I'm sure it's connected to my leaky gut problem. I'll stick with the ghee and will try from time to time if my tolerance to the butter has improved.

I don't have any issues with salted butter vs unsalted. Either is fine for making ghee as far as I can see. Fact is, we need way more salt than the corrupt authorities suggest. You also need more salt on a paleo diet.

Laura said:
I don't have any issues with salted butter vs unsalted. Either is fine for making ghee as far as I can see. Fact is, we need way more salt than the corrupt authorities suggest. You also need more salt on a paleo diet.

Thank you! I've learned how sea salt is good and that was such a relief cause I was never a fan of sweets, preferred salty food since the childhood. What confused me about the ghee was this thread:

3D Student said:
Hello, I'd like to share the recipe for making your own ghee. As you may know, it's a healthy substitute for regular butter and Laura uses it. From _http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Homemade_Ghee.htm :

Homemade Ghee

Accompanying article: Ghee (Clarified Butter)

Makes about 2 cups

It is critical to use unsalted butter to make ghee; and for the most flavorful result, use cultured butter...
I should of asked about that one before! Great news, I'll start making my own ghee now!

Just one thing I've noticed, about 'sweet cravings'... As I said, I was never a fan of sweets, never even used anything to sweeten my coffee or tea. But when I started this diet, for few days I had a sudden, strong urge for eating something sweet! I NEVER had that before! It was such a strange thing to observe. Now, after some time on the diet, the same urge sometimes rises when I miss my breakfast. Not so strong, but it's craving for the sweet non the less.

I had a thing about eating breakfast all my life, it was driving my grandmother crazy when she couldn't put anything in my mouth before the noon. And later in life I was having tones of coffee for my 'breakfast', which only prolonged the period when I would starting to feel hungry. But with this diet it started to change. I still can't eat right after waking up, but an hour or so after I do feel hungry. It's interesting to observe how my body is changing and on it's own, settled into a three regular meals a day, which I never had in my life before.

The butter discussion has led my thoughts to a big question regarding the direction to take with diet for me.

Before, after a time on this paleo diet, I did eat butter for a time (beginning in September) and at first noticed no issues - that came later. Early November I transitioned from butter to ghee, having (since sometime in October) noticed mild issues with butter.

So it is clear that butter sensitivity has increased - rather than decreased - over time. I think this can mean one of, or both of, the following:

1. Rather than healing, since around that time the state of the gut has actually worsened. This would be possible if experimentation with sources of carbs and fiber has damaged it.

However, sensitivity (as experienced) to carbs and fiber was low enough at the beginning of the butter-eating period, and then I did eat plenty of sausage with a bit of potato flour in it and similar things. Later, after a time of only pure meat, fat, and butter, carb and fiber sensitivity had increased, so the sausage (and besides that, even pure cocoa) upon trying it again would now cause a slightly sore gut if eaten in larger amounts; and experimenting at that time with eating a bit more carbs would fog up my brain as if I'd just ingested a huge amount of sugar. Now, carbs and fiber, eaten in limited amounts, are again better tolerated - or no significant irritation is experienced - but butter sensitivity has increased further.

2. Butter sensitivity appears greater because my brain is otherwise clearer. This is possible - mental shape has improved gradually over the months, and therefore things that disturb it might be noticed more distinctly.

However, still doesn't explain the inflammation and generally bad state my body now finds itself in after eating butter, where in the time of low sensitivity no such effects were noticed. Unless it is just the body still getting more sensitive in general to things that are bad for it (such as casein), with all manner of changes in progress.

As seen above, it can mean many things - gut health now worse, or the same; body and mind simply more sensitive, or maybe not. There are three courses of action I've thought of depending on what might be the case:
1. Go back strictly to zero fiber, at least for a time. If gut health is now worsening, this might allow healing.
2. Eat as I ate before I became more sensitive to butter (much more protein and a small, consistent amount of carbs and fiber) - if gut health was better then, I guess it worked.
3. Go on as at present - suitable if gut health is not worse - eat mostly meat and fat, but experiment with sources of carbs and fiber to see which ones might now work well for inclusion in the longer term, for a lack of constipation and perhaps - still evaluating the impact - still a bit more energy.

Laura said:

Not much - almost none - of the salt will remain in the ghee, though, so it ends up being no difference. Any desired salting (salt that remains) can be done for the finished ghee.

Alice said:
Just one thing I've noticed, about 'sweet cravings'... As I said, I was never a fan of sweets, never even used anything to sweeten my coffee or tea. But when I started this diet, for few days I had a sudden, strong urge for eating something sweet! I NEVER had that before! It was such a strange thing to observe. Now, after some time on the diet, the same urge sometimes rises when I miss my breakfast. Not so strong, but it's craving for the sweet non the less.

Keep in mind that a high-carb diet in general, and any sugar apart from that, is addictive (and works the same way) - then read this article about what is called an "extinction burst". This might be relevant to anyone who is, in general, struggling with any kind of craving - in short, when a habit is being broken (with initial success), then before giving up on it completely - perhaps after a time of seeming peace and quiet - the brain will make a last, frenzied push to revive it.

Muxel said:
...True butter is virtually "phased out" by hydrogenated crap...

It depends on where you shop. But some of the better products can be quite expensive, and you have to be alert to companies that are bought out by conventional food processors that keep the brand but change the products.

Sentenza said:
I began the "low carb diet" yesterday.
A small question.
I bought some grease of duck and currently, I use it by passing it in microwave and by topping it up on the food which I eat, and notably the meat.

I am surprised to read you are using a microwave to cook and eat your food. Mine is gone for a while now...

Hereafter a link in French, because you are... ;)
http://aventuredubiomagnetisme.blog4ever.com/blog/articles-cat-41241-507404-danger_du_micro_ondes.html

And this:
Parlons un instant des conséquences de l'utilisation des fours à micro-ondes sur notre réactivité. Au lu de certaines études sur le sujet, il est clair que plus vous consommerez d'aliments préparés aux micro-ondes, plus rapidement vous détruirez la qualité énergétique des aliments. Vous finirez donc par vous nourrir d'aliments qui sont de moins en moins régénérateurs pour l'organisme.

Il est intéressant d'expliquer scientifiquement le fonctionnement du four à micro-ondes. Commençons par nous rappeler que les campagnes qui ont lancé les micro-ondes sur le marché disaient : « C'est le four qui cuit à froid » Effectivement, lorsque vous retirez une assiette du four à micro-ondes, elle est froide, alors que votre aliment est cuit. On a donc crié au miracle : « Ça cuit à froid, donc, c'est bon pour la santé ! »

Comment fonctionnent les micro-ondes ? Une micro-onde, c'est une énergie. Dans le cas des micro-ondes, la longueur d'onde est très petite. Plus elle est petite, plus elle vibre rapidement. Plus la vibration est rapide - ici, je fait allusion à la fréquence -, plus l'énergie est élevée. L'énergie est donc proportionnelle à la fréquence et inversement proportionnelle à la longueur d'onde.

Comme ces deux graphiques le montrent, on sent assez naturellement que si la longueur d'onde est grande (1), la vitesse d'ondulation est basse et l'énergie transportée est faible. Par contre, si la longueur d'onde est petite(2), la vitesse d'ondulation est beaucoup plus élevée et l'énergie transportée est forte. Ce qui explique pourquoi les micro-ondes ont un pouvoir énergétique élevé.

Le four micro-ondes fonctionne avec des ondes à très haute énergie, à très haute fréquence, dont la longueur d'ondes a été calculée pour entrer en résonnance avec les molécules d'eau. Or, l'aliment est à 90% fait d'eau, le reste constituant les « matières sèches ». Pour chauffer un aliment, il suffit donc de trouver une longueur d'onde qui entre en résonnance avec celle des molécules d'eau. Autrement dit, lorsque les vibrations produites atteignent la fréquence de vibration de l'eau, les molécules d'eau contenues dans l'aliment entrent en mouvement. Cette agitation moléculaire produit de la chaleur. Inversement, lorsque l'agitation moléculaire diminue, la chaleur baisse et le corps refroidit. On parle de froid absolu quand tout mouvement moléculaire ou atomique a cessé. On arrive, par exemple, à faire fonctionner des ordinateurs à partir du zéro absolu (-273,15 C). À ce niveau de froid, la matière développe des propriétés tout à fait spéciales.

Donc, plus il y a de l'agitation moléculaire, plus il fait chaud. À une soirée dansante, plus les gens dansent, plus il fait chaud dans la salle. C'est la même chose au niveau des atomes. Lorsque vous mettez le four à micro-ondes en marche, il envoie des ondes qui rebondissent sur les parois des centaines et des milliers de fois, et mettent en vibration les molécules d'eau des aliments. C'est la raison pour laquelle l'assiette reste froide : ne contenant pas d'eau, elle a une autre fréquence vibratoire. Maintenant, supposez que vous mettiez la main dans votre four à micro-ondes. Votre main, puisqu'en grande partie composée d'eau, en sortirait complètement cuite, comme un vulgaire morceau de viande. ( ...)

Une fois que vous arrêtez le four à micro-ondes, les molécules d'eau poursuivent leur mouvement vibratoire pendant un certain temps. Si vous consommez le plat immédiatement, vous mangez, en fait, un aliment qui vibre encore. Dans une casserole, vous allez jusqu'à 110 ou 120 ° C; dans une graisse à frites, vous atteignez 180 ou 190 ° C. Localement, les aliments placés au four à micro-ondes atteignent jusqu'à 1 000 ° C. Imaginez à quelle fréquence vibrent les molécules d'un plat cuit aux micro-ondes, imaginez le nombre de fractures qui se produisent au niveau des liaisons peptidiques de l'aliment.

L'O.M.S. recommande de patienter douze minutes avant de manger un aliment cuit aux micro-ondes, à cause de l'énorme agitation vibratoire de l'aliment. Si vous mangez quelque chose qui vibre trop fort, cette vibration se propage, par effet de résonnance, aux molécules d'eau qui se trouvent dans votre estomac et vos tissus. Cela peut provoquer des mutations génétiques à l'intérieur de votre organisme.

C'est entre 40 et 60 ° C que l'on commence à générer de nouvelles molécules dans un aliment. Ceci apporte de l'eau au moulin de ceux qui plaident en faveur de l'alimentation crue ou cuite à basse température. Sur le plan énergétique, vous apportez exactement le même nombre de calorie-chaleur à un aliment en élevant la température et en raccourcissant le temps de cuisson, ou au contraire, en abaissant la température et en allongeant le temps de cuisson.

Cela porte à réfléchir sur nos moyens de cuisson moderne. Peut-être aurions-nous avantage à revenir à des moyens de cuisson lente à basse température où la fréquence n'augmente pas beaucoup et ne modifie par la stucture de l'aliment, lequel demeure avec ses nutriments.

Propos tirés du livre de Jean-Jacques Crèvecoeur, Le langage de la guérison , Genève, Jouvence, 2001.

... Translated here for the Englich readers:

Let's talk for a moment the consequences of the use of microwave ovens on our responsiveness. To read some studies on the subject, it is clear that the more you eat food prepared in the microwave, the faster you will destroy the quality of food energy. So you will end up on your feed on foods that are less regenerators for the organization.

It is interesting to scientifically explain the operation of the microwave oven. First, let us remember that the campaigns that have launched microwaves on the market said: "It's the oven that cooks cold" Indeed, when removing a dish from the oven, microwave, she is cold, while your food is cooked. So we shouted at the miracle, "This cold cooked, so it's good for you! "

How the microwave? A microwave oven is an energy. In the case of microwaves, the wavelength is very small. Plus it is small, it vibrates more quickly. More vibration is fast - here, I made reference to the frequency - the more energy is high. The energy is proportional to frequency and inversely proportional to the wavelength.

As these two charts show, one feels quite natural that if the wavelength is large (1), the speed ripple is low and the energy carried is small. By cons, if the wavelength is small (2), the speed ripple is much higher and the energy carried is strong. Which is why microwaves have a high energy power.

The microwave oven operates with very high energy, very high frequency, the wavelength was calculated to resonate with the water molecules. But the food is 90% made of water, the remainder constituting the "solids". To heat food, it is sufficient to find a wavelength that resonates with that of water molecules. In other words, when the vibrations reach the frequency of vibration of the water, the water molecules contained in food are put into motion. This molecular motion generates heat. Conversely, when the molecular motion decreases, the heat and the body cools down. We speak of absolute cold when all molecular motion has ceased or atomic. It happens, for example, to operate computers from absolute zero (-273.15 C). At this level of cold matter develops very special properties.

So the more the molecular agitation, the hotter it gets. At a dance, the more people dance, the hotter it gets in the room. It's the same level of atoms. When you turn the microwave oven on, it sends waves that bounce off the walls of hundreds and thousands of times, and set to vibrate the water molecules of food. This is why the plate is cold: does not contain water, it has a different vibrational frequency. Now, suppose you put the hand in your microwave oven. Your hand, since largely composed of water, come out fully cooked, like a common piece of meat. (...)

Once you stop the microwave oven, the water molecules continue their vibratory movement for some time. If you eat the dish immediately, you eat, in fact, a food that still vibrates. In a pot, you're going up to 110 or 120 ° C in a fat French fries, you reach 180 or 190 ° C. Locally, the food placed in a microwave oven as high as 1000 ° C. Imagine how often vibrate the molecules of a dish cooked in the microwave, imagine the number of fractures that occur at the peptide bonds of the food.

WHO recommends wait twelve minutes before eating food cooked in the microwave because of the huge vibrational agitation of the food. If you eat something that vibrates too much, this vibration is propagated by resonance effect, the water molecules that are in your stomach and tissues. This can cause genetic mutations within your organization.

It is between 40 and 60 ° C that we begin to generate new molecules in food. This is grist to the mill of those who advocate feeding raw or cooked at lower temperatures. In terms of energy, you make exactly the same number of heat-calorie food by raising the temperature and shortening the cooking time, or conversely, by lowering the temperature and lengthening the cooking time.

This is to reflect on our ways of modern cooking. Perhaps it would benefit us to return to the means of slow cooking at low temperatures where the frequency does not increase much and does not change the precise form of the food, which remains with its nutrients.

About from the book by Jean-Jacques Crèvecoeur, The Language of Healing, Geneva, Youth, 2001.

http://www.jean-jacques-crevecoeur.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=183:t05&catid=80&Itemid=124

MK Scarlett said:
Once you stop the microwave oven, the water molecules continue their vibratory movement for some time. If you eat the dish immediately, you eat, in fact, a food that still vibrates. In a pot, you're going up to 110 or 120 ° C in a fat French fries, you reach 180 or 190 ° C. Locally, the food placed in a microwave oven as high as 1000 ° C. Imagine how often vibrate the molecules of a dish cooked in the microwave, imagine the number of fractures that occur at the peptide bonds of the food.

WHO recommends wait twelve minutes before eating food cooked in the microwave because of the huge vibrational agitation of the food. If you eat something that vibrates too much, this vibration is propagated by resonance effect, the water molecules that are in your stomach and tissues. This can cause genetic mutations within your organization.

MK Scarlett,
Do not worry
Water molecules rotation dissipates into the heat in less than a nanosecond. If it did not, it would not absorb the microwave energy in the first place.
An yes, do wait few minutes before eating any cooked meal, whether microwaved or baked, to save you tongue from burning. :)
That does not mean though that microwaving cannot make some non-physical changes to your food.
:/

Please don't go too quickly! I am reading the topic completely and I'm on the page 10!
I have to catch you! ;)

see you later... :cool2:

Laura said:

The only issues I'd have there is the quality of salt that the industries use- there is a big trend nowadays (at least here in Spain) to add fluoride to the salt. After all, it's so good for our teeth! I guess they're just trying to get us to take our meds whether it be in tap water, toothpaste or salt (or prozac which I just learned about here: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/240085-Fluoride-Calcifier-of-the-Soul).
I don't know if industry uses fluoridated salt but I'm pretty sure it's going to be "processed."
That's why I prefer to buy unsalted and then add Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan...

loreta said:
I feel better since I eat less bread. At home bread was very important, here in Spain bread is the essential part of the meals. My mother adored bread but she was always sick. Since I reduced my bread (and now I just eat just a little, maybe once in a week and it is bread without wheat) I feel better. But still I have difficulty in understanding the conception of Carb. Almost everything is carb. Take pasta. At home pasta was very important. I reduced my pasta at once a week and I eat pasta without wheat. But I have the impression that everything is carb and I almost are afraid of eating. :cry: I have to learn more and more. I will buy this book about living without bread.

Me too I was a vegetarian and very proud of being one. Now I eat meat twice a day and very proud of being carnivore. I thought to be vegetarian was good for me and my husband. Since I am in this forum and read Laura and Sott my live has made a 90 degres change. I feel better and stronger eating meat. I eat a lot of pork, we live in a region who has porks in vast quantities. I try to not feel sorry for them, this is an issue I have to work.

Have a nice day.

Loreta

Same issue here. I have started making some adjustments, as I have been eating lots of meat, vegetables and fruits all my life, it is not that drastic, just cutting on bread, pasta and cereals for the moment, and I will tackle dairy on a second phase. But bread has been an important "side dish" for me always, so I need to look for alternatives. I read about date-nut bread, anyone recommend it (or not)?

David Topi said:
loreta said:
I feel better since I eat less bread. At home bread was very important, here in Spain bread is the essential part of the meals. My mother adored bread but she was always sick. Since I reduced my bread (and now I just eat just a little, maybe once in a week and it is bread without wheat) I feel better. But still I have difficulty in understanding the conception of Carb. Almost everything is carb. Take pasta. At home pasta was very important. I reduced my pasta at once a week and I eat pasta without wheat. But I have the impression that everything is carb and I almost are afraid of eating. :cry: I have to learn more and more. I will buy this book about living without bread.

Me too I was a vegetarian and very proud of being one. Now I eat meat twice a day and very proud of being carnivore. I thought to be vegetarian was good for me and my husband. Since I am in this forum and read Laura and Sott my live has made a 90 degres change. I feel better and stronger eating meat. I eat a lot of pork, we live in a region who has porks in vast quantities. I try to not feel sorry for them, this is an issue I have to work.

Have a nice day.

Loreta

Same issue here. I have started making some adjustments, as I have been eating lots of meat, vegetables and fruits all my life, it is not that drastic, just cutting on bread, pasta and cereals for the moment, and I will tackle dairy on a second phase. But bread has been an important "side dish" for me always, so I need to look for alternatives. I read about date-nut bread, anyone recommend it (or not)?

No, the date-nut bread was from quite a while back. You should read this ENTIRE thread and the books recommended before starting major dietary changes. But once you have all the information, you'll be glad you changed your diet. Once you've fully adjusted to a keto metabolism, it's a whole other world. :)

I fully agree with SeekinTruth. Reading the entire thread will explain the how's and why's as the knowledge was acquired by those leading the charge. However, by reading as an observer, you will have the benefit of the essential knowledge as it was being applied, but from a topographical view, saving you from any hazards they encountered along the way.

Having said that, instead of trying to replace bread, which ultimately ends up replacing one set of carbs for a less toxic set of cabs, I found it less frustrating to give up on bread altogether.

Forget you ever knew bread in its various incarnations. I know its hard. I had dreams of bread for a month. Who the heck dreams of bread? Sheesh, it had its hooks in me, for sure.

When I turned vegetarian a few decades ago, it was the same deal. I invested a lot of energy into trying to make traditional meat dishes by replacing the meat. In the end, it was easier to stop trying to replace it and embrace new dishes and a new culture of eating. I find the same applies to the paleo diet.

While we are accustomed to eating in a certain fashion, you may find it easier to disconnect yourself from the familiar and venture into foreign territories.

FWIW,
Gonzo

Gonzo said:
I fully agree with SeekinTruth. Reading the entire thread will explain the how's and why's as the knowledge was acquired by those leading the charge. However, by reading as an observer, you will have the benefit of the essential knowledge as it was being applied, but from a topographical view, saving you from any hazards they encountered along the way.

Having said that, instead of trying to replace bread, which ultimately ends up replacing one set of carbs for a less toxic set of cabs, I found it less frustrating to give up on bread altogether.

Forget you ever knew bread in its various incarnations. I know its hard. I had dreams of bread for a month. Who the heck dreams of bread? Sheesh, it had its hooks in me, for sure.

When I turned vegetarian a few decades ago, it was the same deal. I invested a lot of energy into trying to make traditional meat dishes by replacing the meat. In the end, it was easier to stop trying to replace it and embrace new dishes and a new culture of eating. I find the same applies to the paleo diet.

While we are accustomed to eating in a certain fashion, you may find it easier to disconnect yourself from the familiar and venture into foreign territories.

FWIW,
Gonzo

This is it Gonzo, I had the same thoughts in last October when I decided to not replace bread/carbs by anything. Just by learning to do without it. The same for dairies, fruits (except berries) and sugar.

I had considerably reduced this food already before last October. Understand that I had to do without them was not too difficult especially by means of the members of the forum in this thread and in the others, and to DO it completely what showed itself not only wholesome, but easier than of what I thought.

And now we are experimenting a new cooking, it is fun and full of creativity! ;)

Gonzo said:

I agree.

To all the bread addicts:

I have been a bread junkie all my life up to last summer. And I mean really addicted!!! I remember reading (in this thread I think) about someone (sorry I don't remember who) talking about his wife having stomach problems, and she said she needed the bread to suck up the acid feeling in the stomach (or something like that) And I thought "this is precisely how I used to feel about bread" (of cause it is actually the bread that gives the stomach problems, and then in a devilish fashion offer momentary relief by eating more bread, thus worsening the condition, thus making one crave the feeling of having bread in the stomach to suck up the feeling of evil (possibly green) fluid in the stomach)
To anybody who feels like that, I can only say that for me the acid feeling went away once the bread was gone.

I am NOT the dieting type! If someone would have told me about not eating everything I don't eat now, a year or two ago, I would have thought they were another species, like people who never allow themselves any pleasures of life, or who don't enjoy eating (and perhaps whip themselves too to get rid of their sins)

I have always had an idea though, that the "good stuff" is in meat. Perhaps because I remember from childhood, my Dad once talking about the butchers daughter from his youth, who was so -I don't know the right word for it- opposite of loose in the flesh, and looked like a Roman statue, and from the tone of his voice I got the idea that if one wants to reach the divine, meat is the solution ;)

-perhaps this was the right conclusion, as I already feel less loose in the flesh after 6 month on fatty meat, and slightly more divine (and the young butcher in the grass fed meat butcher shop flirted so much with me last weekend that his cheeks turned red, so I guess others can see it too. -I mean this wasn't the point of the changing diet, but nevertheless pleasantly gratifying)

Any ways...what I wanted to say was that to all you bread/pasta/sugar junkies out there, who think (like I did ones) that living without the fix will mean missing it forever.

The cravings DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY ones you go into ketosis. The meat and the fat becomes MORE satisfying than bread and cheese and candy used to feel. I have not been able to find ANY disadvantage about this diet. Even when eating with other people who eat all the stuff I used to, while I eat my fat and meat, I don't feel I'm missing out!!

....Well yes when I hear them at the table talking about their stomach problems, and weight problems, their children having mood related problems, and 1000 other health related problems, that I have either cured or bettered by changing my diet, or read about here, that people have cured or bettered by this diet.
Then I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of bad and unwanted stuff :)

PS: Mods, do you think maybe it would be good to put a note in the start of this thread saying that the entire thread should be read, as the knowledge changes over time, as I think many people get confused (I for one had started changing the diet from just watching the dot connector nutrition video, because it resonated with me, and when I thought I better start reading this thread to see if I was missing something important, I thought "oh no, I have to eat rice" (I don't like rice) went out and bought rice to be a good girl, and got a bloated stomach as result, before realising that it was outdated knowledge)

-edit: spelling mistake-

Alice said:

I had the same thing happen too, and realised pretty quickly that it was my bodies way of saying "I'm hungry/out of energy". So would eat a spoonful of fat whenever I got those cravings.

Back
Top Bottom