"Life Without Bread"

Pete said:
If you would like seek10, I can order some bacon from the farm here in Pennsylvania and bring it to NYC with me. We'll just have to set up some way to meet each other. Maybe on a Saturday or something? If your interested they offer Regular Bacon (raw and unsalted) $8.50lb - Country Bacon (raw and unsalted) $7.50lb or Canadian Bacon (raw and unsalted) $8.50lb. They ship it frozen via Fed Ex next day so you might like to just order it yourself but if it's easier for you I would be happy to help. Besides it would be good to see you again. ;)

Hey Pete, what farm do you get the bacon from?

Gawan's suggestion of buttered tea is brilliant!

I have been putting butter in my green tea for a few days now and it works a charm. I really like the combination. A great way to increase fat intake and also a more "sociable" way of ingesting butter. Munching whole slabs of butter certainly raises eyebrows - putting butter in your tea is just what the Nepalis and Tibetans do ... "a habit I picked up on the way".

The only problem up here is to source 100% grass-fed butter. The closest I have found is butter from pastured animals that get a handful of barley each day "for stronger bones" ... (what a load of bull!)

Nick

Hi nicklebleu,
Butter tea is quite common in some places. Have a look here for additional info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea

Just a quick report:
Today I went to a kinesiologist to try to sort out some ongoing issues related to this thread.
Well, it turns out that my physical problems seem to be emotionally related. I do give credit to his assessment because I was under the same impression, and my past experience with similar issues tends to confirm it.

But the reason why I'm posting this on this thread is that at a certain point he turned to me and said: "you know, in more then 30 years of experience I have very rarely seen a person who doesn't have a nutritional deficiency or imbalance. You seem to have none!"
He kept testing different things, and retesting them and saying with perplexity "no, not a single nutritional imbalance!"
He seemed utterly amazed :D

Gertrudes said:
But the reason why I'm posting this on this thread is that at a certain point he turned to me and said: "you know, in more then 30 years of experience I have very rarely seen a person who doesn't have a nutritional deficiency or imbalance. You seem to have none!" He kept testing different things, and retesting them and saying with perplexity "no, not a single nutritional imbalance!"
He seemed utterly amazed :D

That's great news! I recently had my annual blood work done (cholesterol, etc.) During the review, my doctor said that everything looked great! He then encouraged me to continue on my great 'low fat, high fruit and veggie diet' that I must be following! I just smiled. Next visit I'm going to tell him about my real 'diet'. :lol:

1984 said:
That's great news! I recently had my annual blood work done (cholesterol, etc.) During the review, my doctor said that everything looked great! He then encouraged me to continue on my great 'low fat, high fruit and veggie diet' that I must be following! I just smiled. Next visit I'm going to tell him about my real 'diet'. :lol:

:thup: Great news 1984! Oh boy, he's in for a surprise isn't he :)?

My kinesiologist has a whole food no meat diet, or so his bio says, so when he mentioned my nutritional status I just said I was very careful with my diet. I suppose that if I told him that I basically just eat fat and meat, in that order, he'd have a real shock!

I think that these reports are quite amazing. I mean, almost nobody I ever heard of has no nutritional deficiencies! I'm hoping that I am becoming one of them myself! (I think it takes longer for us older folks to get balanced.)

Palinurus said:
Hi nicklebleu,
Butter tea is quite common in some places. Have a look here for additional info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea

Yes, actually I saw it in a movie (with Tibetans) and then I tested it out myself and I'm loving it, plus I drink much more.

Laura said:
I think that these reports are quite amazing. I mean, almost nobody I ever heard of has no nutritional deficiencies! I'm hoping that I am becoming one of them myself! (I think it takes longer for us older folks to get balanced.)

I was pretty amazed myself. Well, I do feel great, with energy abound and a mental clarity I don't remember having since being a child, but if nutrition were the focus of the appointment perhaps he would have found something, I dunno.

Yes, perhaps the older you are the more prone to a longer transition you will be, but in any case I'm sure that you are becoming one of them (us?) folks with no nutritional issues, what you have been reporting regarding your health has been remarkable!

That's great to hear Gertrudes, and 1984! This diet, with some specific adjustments and experiment for each of us, seems to be the way everyone can get to the optimal nutrition. Sure, it may take a while and there may be other issues to deal with, but the nutritional angle will basically be covered.

Mrs. Peel said:
Pete said:
If you would like seek10, I can order some bacon from the farm here in Pennsylvania and bring it to NYC with me. We'll just have to set up some way to meet each other. Maybe on a Saturday or something? If your interested they offer Regular Bacon (raw and unsalted) $8.50lb - Country Bacon (raw and unsalted) $7.50lb or Canadian Bacon (raw and unsalted) $8.50lb. They ship it frozen via Fed Ex next day so you might like to just order it yourself but if it's easier for you I would be happy to help. Besides it would be good to see you again. ;)

Hey Pete, what farm do you get the bacon from?

Hey Mrs. Peel,

It's called Miller's Organic Farm and they're out of Lancaster, Pa. Some very nice Amish people. :) They don't have a website so you have to call them for info or to place an order. Their phone number is (717)556-0672

Pete said:
Hey Mrs. Peel,

It's called Miller's Organic Farm and they're out of Lancaster, Pa. Some very nice Amish people. :) They don't have a website so you have to call them for info or to place an order. Their phone number is (717)556-0672

Thanks Pete! :)

Tried buttered tea with salted butter .... hmmmh, works so-so. Unsalted is tastier.
Also tried different teas ... green tea is my favorite, roibos tea also works well.

Mark Hyman says, that you should limit your tea intake to two cups of tea per day ... Now I don't know why he says that. Because of the caffeine content in green tea?
Tried to find out the caffeine content of green tea vs. black tea. Very confusing ...
At the end of the day it probably can be said, that the variations within the group of green teas and within the group of black teas is greater than between green and black tea in general.

Unable to cook bone broth at the moment for logistical reasons, but soon will be able to do so again .... yeahhh!

Just enjoying my first buttered tea. I used yerba matte, coconut milk , stevia, cinnamon, and a tablespoon of butter. Very yummy - it is my new favorite drink. :)

Yerba mate is a stimulant ... anyone experience with it longterm?
I used to drink quite a lot of it when I was young ...
Will try to find data and post if successful.

Back
Top Bottom