"Life Without Bread"

caballero reyes said:
Congratulations, Gimpy. The coconut milk you drink, is homemade?

No, its canned. Its the one thing I can't find organic, and I don't have it all the time, maybe twice a week. I use coconut milk to make berry shakes, too. Cocoa drinks made with full fat coconut milk are very rich, and not something I like to drink every day. It is a good way to get more fat into the diet. I haven't tried it in butter tea yet, but will have a go at it when I have a better tea blend.

Thank you for all the well wishes. :D Was able to get out and walk Dex, and while I may be sore in the morning, it was worth it. :rockon:

Gimpy said:
Thank you for all the well wishes. :D Was able to get out and walk Dex, and while I may be sore in the morning, it was worth it. :rockon:

Good deal Gimpy! :)

Gimpy said:
That means its something "FIXABLE". I came home and had some happy tears. :lol:

That is just really fantastic news - put a big grin on my face this morning! I'm so happy for you :D Thanks for sharing! :rockon:

Endymion said:
Gimpy said:
That means its something "FIXABLE". I came home and had some happy tears. :lol:

That is just really fantastic news - put a big grin on my face this morning! I'm so happy for you :D Thanks for sharing! :rockon:

Yes! My sentiments, as well. Great to hear, and thanks for sharing it, Gimpy! :) And I'll have several smokes to mark the occasion.

Really encouraging new Gimpy, good for you! :cool2:

About the leg, not sure if you have ever looked into something called the Dorn method of alignment. Have never done it myself but some swear by it as there are a few practitioners around here.

_http://www.dornmethod.co.uk/Dorn-Method/Dorn-Method-FAQ.aspx#3

FAQ said:
What is the main cause of leg length difference?

Sitting with crossed legs, wrong sitting positions and wrong stretching exercises can cause a subluxation of the hip joint and lead to a difference in leg length. When sitting and crossing legs the femural head (bone of the upper leg) is levered out of its natural position in the hip socket, because in a sitting position the muscles around the hip joint are relaxed and do not stabilize the joint as they would while standing.

The same happens when bending down with straight legs or every time we stretch our hip joint to an angle less than 90 degrees. Long sitting in a car also shows this result. This mechanism happens to everybody, no matter of age, already after one single wrong movement.

There is a general in Wikipedia here: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorn_method

The Dorn method is based on the correction of uneven leg length, which, according to Dorn, can be diagnosed in almost every human. Because of that, the pelvis is said to become twisted, and this can supposedly result in an asymmetrical, crooked or displaced spinal column.

Dorn uses a non-manipulative approach to correct such problems. Corrections of joint or spinal cord misalignments are done in a 'dynamic', moving action. According to Dorn, our muscles always try to hold the positions of the joints and spine, and when they are out of order the muscles assume this 'wrong' position as the correct one and hold it there. Dorn proponents maintain that a static correction, such as that used in chiropractic therapy, is difficult because it needs to overcome the strength of the holding muscles, and because the patient is often tense since the treatment is done 'on' him and not 'with' him....

It has critics also.

Gimpy said:
Great news Gimpy, keep working on it. :rockon:

Really happy for you Gimpy :D!
(Didn't know that the word "gimpy" actually had a meaning until your post!)

Excellent news "Gimpy"! I am very happy for you :hug2:

Was able to get out and walk Dex, and while I may be sore in the morning, it was worth it.

I'm sure it was and will continue to be for a while. Undoubtedly now that you are realigned there will be stiffness and soreness while the articulation of the rest of your skeleton adjusts. Since you are headed down a different path for resolving pain and mobility issues, I wonder if a skilled osteopath who can do the subtle hands on adjustments (very different from chiropractic adjustments) of the body, might be able to influence the articulation of your frame. I know I have had adjustments that have influenced the length of my legs and the connection of my hips--both of which eliminated a particular pain I was having; one which has remained gone from doing a simple stretching exercise each morning. Truly one of the minor miracles in my life.

Good luck with your continued recovery whichever path it takes. :flowers:
shellycheval

Gimpy said:
Wanted to share the recent results from the latest physical, re bloodwork.

I'm still trying to get the hard copy of the test results (the actual numbers), but the office called me today and said everything looked fantastic (their words) across the board. :grad: :flowers: My new Doctor was convinced I had to have high triglycerides since I don't eat any fiber or many greens. I don't.

My diet consists mainly of organic bacon (non grain) along with drinking the fat, a few veggies, berries, and coconut milk based 'hot cocoa'. (Made with organic 80% cocao + stevia in a syrup) I've been eating this way over two months now, and my weight is stable at 155-58 lbs. Without grains, bread, or even veggies I feel better, have less pain, and am slowly gaining ground with my mind. :dance: :scooter:

Todays other happy surprise? The new Physical therapist I'm seeing pointed out to me that my right leg is an inch or more shorter than my left leg. I've never had a broken leg bone, and I don't have any kinks or bends in my back to account for it, so its a mystery. :rolleyes: The difference has lead to inflammation of the bursa in the right leg, which is causing a lot of the mobility issues and falls I've been having.

He put lifts in my right shoe, and I was able to walk, for the first time in over 10 years, without pain! He's also not convinced all my mobility problems are MS related, and is knowledgeable about diet, Taping, and other alternative health modalities. :wow: That means its something "FIXABLE". I came home and had some happy tears. :lol:

Smoke em, if ya got em, folks...I know I will be. :headbanger:

Good to hear the great news Gimpy. Enjoy it :)

coconut milk based 'hot cocoa'. (Made with organic 80% cocao + stevia in a syrup)
this is some thing I will need to try, when feel like filling the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom