"Life Without Bread"

RedFox said:
gaman said:
Laura said:
Check out fludan.com

If this was meant for me, I looked at all their products but couldn't find anything I could relate to the low dose hydrocortisone discussion.
If you put hydrocortisone into the search bar on the left, you will find results.

And then utilize google to search for "Low dose hydrocortisone therapy". A gem scale, easily available on amazon, comes in handy for weighing the dosages.

Good morning folks.

A while back I decided to try the diet put forward by Dr. Wahls from her Ted Talk. She used diet to improve MS. I found it interesting that she was diagnosed around the same time as I was, and she followed a similar disease course. I all ready ate most of what was on her list of foods, except for the large amount of green leafies/sulphur containing veggies. Last week was a test with Kale added to bacon fat and bacon for breakfast. The following is a repost from my FB note section on the results. I'm still a little fuzzy headed from being that sick, apologies in advance if it sounds 'off'.

Food Plan from Ted Talk on MS...
on Monday, March 5, 2012 at 6:12pm ·

The plan was as follows:

3 c green leaves a day (kale or other salady greens)

3 c color (berries, peppers etc)

3 c sulfur veggies (cabbage, onions broccoli, garlic etc)

Grass fed meats

Grass fed organ meats

Fish oil or fish

seaweed veggies

I tried for a week on the green leafies/sulfur veggies. And I got sick. Boy did I get sick..as in doubled over holding my belly, unable to sleep sick. Even spiked a mild fever complete with chills.

I made kale with bacon for breakfast. The kale was triple washed in white vinegar, then washed again in baking soda solution, and drained til dry before tossing into the iron skillet. I had this for a week, and while it sure tasted great, I don't think I'll ever do that again. Too painful.

Prior to this test, I've been eating only grass fed meats with its fat, grass fed organ meats when I know how to cook same. Fish oil caps, and an MSM supplement. This is the sulpher compound found in all the leafy greens mentioned above. I quit taking that when trying the actual green leafies. Once or twice a week, I make a protein shake with coconut milk, organic berries, spirulina, stevia, and what's left of a tin of rice protien powder. (I've never reacted bad to it, but I will not be buying more when this is gone.) I also added in Butter Tea to get more fats in.

It would appear my body no longer tolerates greens of any kind...at least not kale or other type greens. I do add dulse to soups and stews, and have no problems with that.

After letting my insides rest over the weekend, I'm back to eating what I've been for the last year...fatty meat, Butter tea, a few berries, the odd sweet tater, and that's it. I don't feel deprived, if anything, I'm becoming leery of eating any other way.

Why did I try this? Well, I do know quite a few other folks who are really suffering with MS. I don't offer them anything I haven't tried myself first, because my system is like a 'canary in the coal mine'. When something works for me as dramatically as the low to no carb diet has, it carries more weight than an article or a you tube video for other folks. I can go visit with them, and they can see the reality of it. Every person is different with MS, its such a frustrating condition, that any improvement at all makes dealing with the frustrations worth it. I just wanted to share that so folks understand I'm not experimenting this way without a reason. :flowers:

Comments welcome...

tschai said:
Too much salt can certainly have a dehydrating effect-and can also cause diarrahea which will aggrevate the situation, so you have to be careful with salty stuff- but salt is essential (good salt like sea salt) to our health. I am going to try Himalayan salt-it is supposed to be real good, and so is Celtic sea salt. I priced some on line and it is quite reasonable.

You might want to skip the Himalayan salt and just stick with the Celtic sea salt. It looks like the Himalayan stuff, besides not actually being from the Himalayas, is quite high in fluoride.

_http://fluoridedetective.com/2012/02/05/fluoridated-salt/

FWIW

Hey Gimp,

You know, it only just occured to me that you may have posted on fb so that your friends could be part of the conversation. Apologies if that was the case. I just felt you would be better served if you posted it here as fb isn't the greatest place for meaningful conversations. :/

Regarding my own experiences on paleo (specifically protein, fat and broth with the occasional carb), I've gone from being a cockroach to a canary and in fact find I'm extremely carb sensitive to boot. That was surprising. What I currently think is that everyone is that way (canary) once they start to cut out all the poisons. At this point, I "think" if I can't eat it, no one probably can as I've experienced it from both sides. What most people are unaware of, in my opinion, is that they are in a state of dis-ease that has been normalized. They don't realize they can't think clearly until they begin to. For me, I was having schizophrenic type episodes - my brain/gut/body was effectively being blocked from the ability to discern noise from signal. Because I couldn't think clearly, I was interpreting and perceiving both (noise and signal) as the same!

My thoughts regarding your specific situation are that while I get why you tried Wahls plan, it wasn't really necessary because if your friends have "eyes to see", they will realize the changes and improvements that have been beneficial to you and will ask about it. In other words, no need to harm yourself in order to help them, particularly since you're so sensitive. :) In addition, you can't help people who may not want to be helped. So why put your own well being at risk for someone who may not value it?

You know, it only just occured to me that you may have posted on fb so that your friends could be part of the conversation. Apologies if that was the case. I just felt you would be better served if you posted it here as fb isn't the greatest place for meaningful conversations. :/

Actually, I just wanted to share it somewhere before I got too tired to write. :-[

My thoughts regarding your specific situation are that while I get why you tried Wahls plan, it wasn't really necessary because if your friends have "eyes to see", they will realize the changes and improvements that have been beneficial to you and will ask about it. In other words, no need to harm yourself in order to help them, particularly since you're so sensitive. :) In addition, you can't help people who may not want to be helped. So why put your own well being at risk for someone who may not value it?

I think you answered the question earlier in your post....when eating the wrong diet, its hard to tell up from down to sideways. People with MS deal with a lot of frustration and feelings of helplessness. Being able to 'do' something means a lot. Many of the people I know who are suffering are so beaten down by the medical industry, by social pressures, in addition to just trying to cope day to day...that they literally can't hear or see much if it doesn't stand in front of them.

I've been there, and they know that. They know my history. It gives them a leg up to try. How can I not?

dugdeep said:
tschai said:
Too much salt can certainly have a dehydrating effect-and can also cause diarrahea which will aggrevate the situation, so you have to be careful with salty stuff- but salt is essential (good salt like sea salt) to our health. I am going to try Himalayan salt-it is supposed to be real good, and so is Celtic sea salt. I priced some on line and it is quite reasonable.

You might want to skip the Himalayan salt and just stick with the Celtic sea salt. It looks like the Himalayan stuff, besides not actually being from the Himalayas, is quite high in fluoride.

FWIW

Argh ! I just buy 5 kilos of Himalayan salt.

Another thing :

I take those supplements from dr Ron's website for 5 days now :

Before breakfast :

Doc's Best: The Next Generation. Optimal Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants, 180 capsules
Blue Ice Fermented Skate Liver Oil
Selenium Picolinate, 200 mcg
Bio-B12-1000 mcg B12 and 800 mcg Folic Acid
1000 mcg B12 and 800 mcg Folic Acid
B complex, Basic

And from the firt day my urine have a strange color, it is a very strong yellow, kind of fluorescente, only in the afternoon.
Anybody knows something about that ?

And I also take those supplements twice a day with an empty stomach :

Magnesium Citramate, 150 mg
Potasium glucomate 1,5 g or so
Acetyl L-carnitine 2,5 g
Bovin colostrom 3 g

Now, it as been 2 month from the last good energy. I am often tired, and I do as less exercices as possible because that could make me very tired for days.

I will try to lessen salt as I am very thirsty, especially at night.

Gimpy said:
I think you answered the question earlier in your post....when eating the wrong diet, its hard to tell up from down to sideways. People with MS deal with a lot of frustration and feelings of helplessness. Being able to 'do' something means a lot. Many of the people I know who are suffering are so beaten down by the medical industry, by social pressures, in addition to just trying to cope day to day...that they literally can't hear or see much if it doesn't stand in front of them.

I've been there, and they know that. They know my history. It gives them a leg up to try. How can I not?
I understand that's it's difficult to see those we care about suffering. I have to disagree slightly, however, with putting one's health at risk in order to do it - especially when someone is so sensitive to dietary changes. What good would it have done you or anyone if you ended up in the hospital or worse?

You are a valuable part of this network! You're quick witted and often are spot on in your assessments. In addition, there's a genuineness - a real down to earth quality you have that comes through in your writing. I don't think you realize (read value) that. I get that you feel a need to Do as most of us do but as always, the cost must be weighed. I think it does little good when intentions are misplaced. I really want to see you through this (madness of the world) to the end - whatever that looks like. Whether you believe it or not, we need you and we love you and don't want to see you hurt. There have to be other ways to help others that don't affect you so detrimentally. To put yourself in harms way in order to prove a point or save someone, which in my opinion is essentially what it boils down to, says to me that you're doing yourself a disservice. Don't you think you're worth more than that? For what it's worth, I think you are.

edit: clarity

dugdeep said:
tschai said:

FWIW

Yuck! Certainly don't need that stuff! Nasty. Thanks for the info Dugdeep!

tschai said:
dugdeep said:
tschai said:

FWIW

Yes thanks, so far I never heard of celtic salt, but worth looking into it!

Gawan said:
tschai said:
dugdeep said:
tschai said:

FWIW

Thanks indeed, dugdeep, that's good to know. I haven't yet seen celtic salt being selled in any organic store - only sea salt, rock salt, and so-called "Ur-Salz" (found no English word for it, but could be translated with primeval salt). All three types I've always read as being recommended as the most healthy ones, with rock salt and "Ur-Salz" allegedly being the best ones in terms of nutrient content and purity. I'm short on time and did only a quick search for celtic salt on German sites, but haven't found anything so far.

There have to be other ways to help others that don't affect you so detrimentally. To put yourself in harms way in order to prove a point or save someone, which in my opinion is essentially what it boils down to, says to me that you're doing yourself a disservice. Don't you think you're worth more than that? For what it's worth, I think you are.

Two things.

First: :-[ :-[ :-[ Thank you for thinking of me.

Second....How else do we grow as human beings, if not by living by example? Sure, sometimes it hurts, but it doesn't always. :flowers:

Make sense?

Gimpy said:
There have to be other ways to help others that don't affect you so detrimentally. To put yourself in harms way in order to prove a point or save someone, which in my opinion is essentially what it boils down to, says to me that you're doing yourself a disservice. Don't you think you're worth more than that? For what it's worth, I think you are.

Two things.

First: :-[ :-[ :-[ Thank you for thinking of me.

Second....How else do we grow as human beings, if not by living by example? Sure, sometimes it hurts, but it doesn't always. :flowers:

Make sense?

...and, ultimately, it's Gimpy's choice. Free Will and all that. Be careful about walking that line between concern and 'determining the needs of another', truthseeker.

Didn't know that about Himalayan salt. It's also way more expensive than Celtic sea salt, which makes one think it's better... I'll be looking into Celtic sea salt. I remember a customer asking me whether we sell that, now I know why.

Enaid said:
Gawan said:
tschai said:
dugdeep said:
tschai said:

FWIW

Thanks indeed, dugdeep, that's good to know. I haven't yet seen celtic salt being selled in any organic store - only sea salt, rock salt, and so-called "Ur-Salz" (found no English word for it, but could be translated with primeval salt). All three types I've always read as being recommended as the most healthy ones, with rock salt and "Ur-Salz" allegedly being the best ones in terms of nutrient content and purity. I'm short on time and did only a quick search for celtic salt on German sites, but haven't found anything so far.

fwiw I found for Germany at least this site: _http://www.salz-kontor.de/sel-gris.php

Gawan said:
fwiw I found for Germany at least this site: _http://www.salz-kontor.de/sel-gris.php

Ah, I did have the thought that celtic salt might run under a different name in German - thanks Gawan. :)

Back
Top Bottom