"Life Without Bread"

SAO said:
melatonin said:
Ok, cheerz for the heads-up. Buckwheat is a last resort then.
I think it might be withdrawal symptoms so if you can stick it out cold turkey for a week or 2, just have fatty meats and a little bit of veggies, the cravings should go away. It helps to remove yourself from physically seeing or smelling the "bad stuff" too, to not remind yourself of it. Good luck!

Thanks. :) Ive been trying the opposite tbh. My youtube favourites list is full of people making chocolate cakes and even someone eating a donut, lol.

melatonin said:
SAO said:
melatonin said:
I think it might be withdrawal symptoms so if you can stick it out cold turkey for a week or 2, just have fatty meats and a little bit of veggies, the cravings should go away. It helps to remove yourself from physically seeing or smelling the "bad stuff" too, to not remind yourself of it. Good luck!

Thanks. :) Ive been trying the opposite tbh. My youtube favourites list is full of people making chocolate cakes and even someone eating a donut, lol.

That will probably just make the cravings worse! It's kind of like an (ex) alcoholic saying he watches videos of people drinking beer and wine.
You are fighting two addictions - gluten and sugar. You will also be dealing with hunger (before your body can extract energy from fats) - that will manifest as a craving for sugar.
So you need some substitute behaviour for every time you get a craving. Gluten wasn't a problem because of how bad it made me feel. Sugar however I used coconut oil (or even butter), and had a spoon full or two whenever I was hungry or craving.

If you can find something that doesn't literally or visually feed the addiction, that matches with what you are trying to achieve then go for it. Eating a small amount of something that is on this diet every time you have a craving helps. Distracting yourself or even reading the medical literature on why you are doing this also helps. Taking a cold shower would also stop the craving in it's tracks - unless it's actually the result of hunger, then it would become stronger and you know that you should be eating.

RedFox said:
melatonin said:
SAO said:
melatonin said:

That will probably just make the cravings worse! It's kind of like an (ex) alcoholic saying he watches videos of people drinking beer and wine.
You are fighting two addictions - gluten and sugar. You will also be dealing with hunger (before your body can extract energy from fats) - that will manifest as a craving for sugar.
So you need some substitute behaviour for every time you get a craving. Gluten wasn't a problem because of how bad it made me feel. Sugar however I used coconut oil (or even butter), and had a spoon full or two whenever I was hungry or craving.

If you can find something that doesn't literally or visually feed the addiction, that matches with what you are trying to achieve then go for it. Eating a small amount of something that is on this diet every time you have a craving helps. Distracting yourself or even reading the medical literature on why you are doing this also helps. Taking a cold shower would also stop the craving in it's tracks - unless it's actually the result of hunger, then it would become stronger and you know that you should be eating.

Cheerz for the input RedFox.
I did try Buckwheat museli - someone had already bought some while at the shops. Must admit, i was impressed by the taste, but i havent eaten anything that rich in carbs and calories for a long time now, and my body (and mind) rejected it. Nearly 500 calories per 100g! Chucked rest of the bag in the garden for the birds. 1 week now, and things seem to be getting slightly easier.

Full fat diet is good.

I have eaten 1 piece of pizza and sick for 3 days... as my organism was "attacked".

Then 2 week detox for remove it form my organism.

What you think about buying can food ? ( fish ) ?

Laura said:
No, No, NO!

Ditch the almond milk - it is carby and evil. NO GRAINS FOR BREAKFAST.

Best to stick with just eating a big, meaty breakfast, maybe with several eggs. The blinis should only be used if you are dying for a bit of bread.

Almond flour is OK, right? For the rare occasions when you want to bake a cake with xylitol. It's basically the only flour other than coconut that's still on our list.

Bobo said:
What you think about buying can food ? ( fish ) ?
Sardines are a good source of omega 3's and relatively low in contamination, get them in olive oil. Kind of expensive to get satiated by but good for a small meal for when one has become keto-adapted and less food is needed. Watch out for sugar, tomato sauces and other additives in canned goods.

I don't know how easily available it is internationally, but in Norway we have salt-cured herring, where the only ingredients are wild herring and salt (almost like the bacon of the sea).

It's really cheap and has excellent nutritional value, as well as having the ability to sit in the fridge for at least a month due to the salt processing.

liffy said:
I don't know how easily available it is internationally, but in Norway we have salt-cured herring, where the only ingredients are wild herring and salt (almost like the bacon of the sea).

It's really cheap and has excellent nutritional value, as well as having the ability to sit in the fridge for at least a month due to the salt processing.

Have you an idea how to get the salt out of the fish again or to make them edible? I changed several times the water, but I was with the result not too satisfied.

Gawan said:
liffy said:

Have you an idea how to get the salt out of the fish again or to make them edible? I changed several times the water, but I was with the result not too satisfied.

Personally my salt tolerance is pretty high, so after having the fish submerged in water for 7-8 hours, it suits my taste. I usually fry them carefully in fat without salt, such as coconut oil or lard, as well as serve it with eggs, mushrooms etc.

If you restrict the salting of whatever you're having with the fish, it might get easier to eat.

There could be differences in how salty the different brands are, though.

liffy said:
Gawan said:
liffy said:

Personally my salt tolerance is pretty high, so after having the fish submerged in water for 7-8 hours, it suits my taste. I usually fry them carefully in fat without salt, such as coconut oil or lard, as well as serve it with eggs, mushrooms etc.

If you restrict the salting of whatever you're having with the fish, it might get easier to eat.

In Portugal we have the same (or similar) with codfish. Although we leave it in water for much longer, until the fish is only mildly salted. Thicker fillets are usually left in water for anything between 3 to 5 days, changing water everyday, thinner ones 2 to 3 days and it's ready to be cooked.
After having been salted and soaked you can also eat it raw, I suppose the same would apply to herring since the salting would create a similar reaction, although I've never tried it.
One of our traditional foods back home is to eat raw soaked cod drenched in olive oil. Delicious!

Gertrudes said:
liffy said:
Gawan said:
liffy said:

In Portugal we have the same (or similar) with codfish. Although we leave it in water for much longer, until the fish is only mildly salted. Thicker fillets are usually left in water for anything between 3 to 5 days, changing water everyday, thinner ones 2 to 3 days and it's ready to be cooked.
After having been salted and soaked you can also eat it raw, I suppose the same would apply to herring since the salting would create a similar reaction, although I've never tried it.

We have the same in Norway, but cod being a lean fish makes it a lot drier after processing, which means that it must be rehydrated for much longer.

The raw herring is doable, but it involves a lot of chewing. If one is attempting such a thing, I would recommend adding some vinegar and lemon in the soaking period prior to eating.

liffy said:
Gertrudes said:
liffy said:
Gawan said:
liffy said:

We have the same in Norway, but cod being a lean fish makes it a lot drier after processing, which means that it must be rehydrated for much longer.

The raw herring is doable, but it involves a lot of chewing. If one is attempting such a thing, I would recommend adding some vinegar and lemon in the soaking period prior to eating.

Thanks. Vinegar and lemon was also one idea I had, to give a certain flavor to it, so I like to test it again.

Ive managed to cut Dairy and Gluten, now im onto Sugar.
Must admit, im finding im becoming more aware of my emotions and thoughts. Already started identifying toxic thinking.
Theres alot there though, i feel overwhelmed and confused. Im sure this will subside over time.
I can see that these foods have acted as a big blanket over everything in my brain. (Opiates indeed)
I was like a Zombie.

Good to hear melatonin! It's interesting that you mentioned 'zombie', a few days ago I came across this site _http://www.13.waisays.com/zombie.htm:

Zombies

Look around you; don't you see many zombies ?

Why do so many people act like zombies nowadays ?

It's not natural, for every specie has to react swiftly upon changes, and needs to explore new opportunities. You might say that humans are mainly 'followers', like it would be true for cattle. But by nature, humans do not live together in large numbers; we're not like cattle. Millions of years ago, humans at the most lived together by the dozens, and not thousands, or even millions. Therefore, lots of us humans should be curious, investigative and explorative.

What makes so many people so apathetic, slow and ignorant ?

Opioid Peptides

Everybody knows that if one uses morphine, one is slow and apathetic. Simply because morphine is an opioid substance.

The only reason why we, and other animals, are sensitive to such substances, is because our body and brain contain receptors for opioid peptides. Why ?

When we have to flee from danger but are wounded, we have to be able to run away anyway. Therefore the body produces opioid peptides to ease the pain, when necessary. These opioid peptides are called endorphins. Marathon-runners know the action of these endorphins as 'runner’s high' ; it enables them to go on even when exhausted. Without the proper receptors, these endorphins (and anesthetics !!) don’t work.

Besides drugs and endorphins, opioid-receptors in the brain are susceptible to some other opioid substances: those that are absorbed through consuming food. This happens because far from all peptides are entirely decomposed into single amino acids in the digestive tract. (1) Also, most opioid peptides are hard to decompose. (2)

But why do some foods contain opioid peptides ?

And what foods ?

Milk

Milk is always, always mother's milk, meant for the suckling. We decided to consider mothers' milk from cows, goats, sheep, camels, or from whatever other animal as food for human beings, but by nature this, of course, it isn't true. Human-like beings have existed for 2 to 3 million years, and man did not start to drink mothers' milk from other animals until at the most 0.01 million years ago. For over 99% of our existence, we did not regard cow's milk as food for human beings.

But why does milk contain opioid peptides ?

From womb to breast milk

The human head is relatively big, and that's why human infants come out to the world too early ; in comparison to other primates gestation length should be 21 months instead of 9. But by then the baby's head would be far too big to pass the pelvis. That's why human infants actually aren't ready for the outside world; they can't even walk !!

Suckling is a compensation for being born too early. Through mother’s milk the baby receives all kind of messenger-substances. These messenger-substances stimulate development and functioning of different organs, including the brain. (see this site) Therefore, children that have been nursed are generally smarter than those that haven't. (see this site) And because mother’s milk is that important, it contains substances that have to make sure the baby wants to drink lots of milk all the time ;

Opioid peptides in Milk

Besides a non-opioid peptide stimulating appetite (3), milk by nature contains different opioid peptides, hidden in milk-proteins such as caseïn, lactalbumin, beta-lactaglobulin and lactoferrin.

Milk-opioid peptides are : beta-casomorphins (4) , alpha-caseïn exorphins, casoxins, beta-casorphins, alpha-lactorphins, beta-lactorphins and lactaferroxins. (5)

Absorption

After having consumed a milk-product, it is digested in the digestive tract. Milk-proteins are decomposed by enzymes into normal peptides, opioid peptides and amino acids. To make sure the baby absorbs as much complete opioid peptides and growth factors, milk also contains substances (lactose, substance P) enhancing permeability of the intestinal mucus. (6) And to prevent the decomposition of the peptides, these peptides are relatively indigestible. (7)

These opioid peptides cause physical dependence in the young, to make sure it wants to drink lots of mother’s milk. Also, it makes the young sleep enough. (8) Of course, these opioids can also cause constipation. (9)

Unfortunately, adult milk-consumers also absorb those opioid peptides.

Because food-manufacturers want us to be physically dependent to the food they sell, you can find milk- and wheat-proteins in lots of different food-products. Even some meat-products contain milk- and / or wheat-proteins.

Wheat

Plants use different tactics to scare off attackers. Some plants contain poison, others just anaesthetize their attackers, like wheat does with opioid peptides.

Because wheat contains opioid peptides, priests in ancient Egypt used wheat to hallucinate, and in bandages, to ease the pain of a wound. All wheat-products, like bread, pasta, pizza, cookies, cake and pastries contain opioid peptides. The roman rulers already new that the people wouldn't rise against them as long as they were entertained and fed bread.

Opioid peptides in wheat-products

One single wheat-gluten protein-molecule contains 15 samples of one particular opioid peptide. (10) Wheat-gluten also contains a number of extremely powerful opioid peptides (11). Some of these molecules are even 100 times more powerful than a morphine-molecule. (12)

Opioid peptides in wheat-gluten are ;

Glycine-Tyrosine-Tyrosine-Proline (11)

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine-Tryptophane (11)

Tyrosine-Proline-Isoleucine-Serine-Leucine (11)

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine-Tryptophane-Leucine (13) ,which is the most powerful one.

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine- is also the sequence of the first three amino acids in endorphins ; opioid peptides produced by the body, influencing the same receptors in the brain.

Therefore, wheat-opioid peptides can 'sedate' the bowels so much that constipation is caused. (13) Because some wheat-opioids are extremely powerful, some schizophrenics can even be cured by not eating any wheat-products anymore. (14)

To compensate the analgesic effect of the opioid peptides, wheat-products very often contain rosemarin-extract, which is a powerful 'upper'.

Oxajil said:
Good to hear melatonin! It's interesting that you mentioned 'zombie', a few days ago I came across this site _http://www.13.waisays.com/zombie.htm:

Zombies

Look around you; don't you see many zombies ?

Why do so many people act like zombies nowadays ?

It's not natural, for every specie has to react swiftly upon changes, and needs to explore new opportunities. You might say that humans are mainly 'followers', like it would be true for cattle. But by nature, humans do not live together in large numbers; we're not like cattle. Millions of years ago, humans at the most lived together by the dozens, and not thousands, or even millions. Therefore, lots of us humans should be curious, investigative and explorative.

What makes so many people so apathetic, slow and ignorant ?

Opioid Peptides

Everybody knows that if one uses morphine, one is slow and apathetic. Simply because morphine is an opioid substance.

The only reason why we, and other animals, are sensitive to such substances, is because our body and brain contain receptors for opioid peptides. Why ?

When we have to flee from danger but are wounded, we have to be able to run away anyway. Therefore the body produces opioid peptides to ease the pain, when necessary. These opioid peptides are called endorphins. Marathon-runners know the action of these endorphins as 'runner’s high' ; it enables them to go on even when exhausted. Without the proper receptors, these endorphins (and anesthetics !!) don’t work.

Besides drugs and endorphins, opioid-receptors in the brain are susceptible to some other opioid substances: those that are absorbed through consuming food. This happens because far from all peptides are entirely decomposed into single amino acids in the digestive tract. (1) Also, most opioid peptides are hard to decompose. (2)

But why do some foods contain opioid peptides ?

And what foods ?

Milk

Milk is always, always mother's milk, meant for the suckling. We decided to consider mothers' milk from cows, goats, sheep, camels, or from whatever other animal as food for human beings, but by nature this, of course, it isn't true. Human-like beings have existed for 2 to 3 million years, and man did not start to drink mothers' milk from other animals until at the most 0.01 million years ago. For over 99% of our existence, we did not regard cow's milk as food for human beings.

But why does milk contain opioid peptides ?

From womb to breast milk

The human head is relatively big, and that's why human infants come out to the world too early ; in comparison to other primates gestation length should be 21 months instead of 9. But by then the baby's head would be far too big to pass the pelvis. That's why human infants actually aren't ready for the outside world; they can't even walk !!

Suckling is a compensation for being born too early. Through mother’s milk the baby receives all kind of messenger-substances. These messenger-substances stimulate development and functioning of different organs, including the brain. (see this site) Therefore, children that have been nursed are generally smarter than those that haven't. (see this site) And because mother’s milk is that important, it contains substances that have to make sure the baby wants to drink lots of milk all the time ;

Opioid peptides in Milk

Besides a non-opioid peptide stimulating appetite (3), milk by nature contains different opioid peptides, hidden in milk-proteins such as caseïn, lactalbumin, beta-lactaglobulin and lactoferrin.

Milk-opioid peptides are : beta-casomorphins (4) , alpha-caseïn exorphins, casoxins, beta-casorphins, alpha-lactorphins, beta-lactorphins and lactaferroxins. (5)

Absorption

After having consumed a milk-product, it is digested in the digestive tract. Milk-proteins are decomposed by enzymes into normal peptides, opioid peptides and amino acids. To make sure the baby absorbs as much complete opioid peptides and growth factors, milk also contains substances (lactose, substance P) enhancing permeability of the intestinal mucus. (6) And to prevent the decomposition of the peptides, these peptides are relatively indigestible. (7)

These opioid peptides cause physical dependence in the young, to make sure it wants to drink lots of mother’s milk. Also, it makes the young sleep enough. (8) Of course, these opioids can also cause constipation. (9)

Unfortunately, adult milk-consumers also absorb those opioid peptides.

Because food-manufacturers want us to be physically dependent to the food they sell, you can find milk- and wheat-proteins in lots of different food-products. Even some meat-products contain milk- and / or wheat-proteins.

Wheat

Plants use different tactics to scare off attackers. Some plants contain poison, others just anaesthetize their attackers, like wheat does with opioid peptides.

Because wheat contains opioid peptides, priests in ancient Egypt used wheat to hallucinate, and in bandages, to ease the pain of a wound. All wheat-products, like bread, pasta, pizza, cookies, cake and pastries contain opioid peptides. The roman rulers already new that the people wouldn't rise against them as long as they were entertained and fed bread.

Opioid peptides in wheat-products

One single wheat-gluten protein-molecule contains 15 samples of one particular opioid peptide. (10) Wheat-gluten also contains a number of extremely powerful opioid peptides (11). Some of these molecules are even 100 times more powerful than a morphine-molecule. (12)

Opioid peptides in wheat-gluten are ;

Glycine-Tyrosine-Tyrosine-Proline (11)

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine-Tryptophane (11)

Tyrosine-Proline-Isoleucine-Serine-Leucine (11)

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine-Tryptophane-Leucine (13) ,which is the most powerful one.

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine- is also the sequence of the first three amino acids in endorphins ; opioid peptides produced by the body, influencing the same receptors in the brain.

Therefore, wheat-opioid peptides can 'sedate' the bowels so much that constipation is caused. (13) Because some wheat-opioids are extremely powerful, some schizophrenics can even be cured by not eating any wheat-products anymore. (14)

To compensate the analgesic effect of the opioid peptides, wheat-products very often contain rosemarin-extract, which is a powerful 'upper'.

Yeah, i read that when googling 'Dairy Opiates' about a month ago. :) Intresting that wheat used to be called "the opiate of the poor"!!!

Back
Top Bottom