Macedonia

Re: Nuland attempts Kiev Version 2.0 in Skopje

This is an article from Al Jazeera Balkan.

_http://balkans.aljazeera.net/vijesti/lavrov-zapad-od-makedonije-pravi-ukrajinu

It says that LAVROV HAVE SAID THAT WEST IS MAKING AN UKRAINE FROM MACEDONIA.

I hope that he is wrong this time, but according to situation on the ground, everything is pointing to that direction.

thank you for sharing ... unfortunatley Lavrov just confirmed what we all already recognized since last Saturday. It is obvious that all problems on Balkans will be "sorted out" by another war, and this is not just for Macedonia. Macedonia was just a first step ... :(

It is time to think about plan B, as life on Balkans will be again organized around war, and I don't want to be manipulated part of that again, and manipulated on a dirty way ...

I think they will wait for demonstrations on sunday ... take care, some big mess can be already in plan for that. Rather stay at home.

take care! ... keep us updateed! :hug:

off the record - it is probably because all war experiences, after it is over, goes to deep subconsciousness and they are hidden there bubling up until it is all of a sudden opened again. But just wanted to say that I feel overwhelmed by all this. It is like hitting a wall with your head and no way around, you will be in the middle of fire soon, maybe alredy this summer, so I am telling myself, focus and do a plan to make it livable in any kind of situation you can imagine from past war experience. On a way it feels more confident that now I can see the pattern and how there is nothing I can do for those who can't see it ... uh ... but fear is rising, and just in that moments I remember all this pressure of war etc .... Than I think how there must be someone who will be a voice of reason, and I am asking my self do we have one now, and I can't see it... When I was young I always thought that WWII stories are part of grand parents life, newer thought that I will have war stories, and now I am afraid that our kids will have them too.... I guess I have to focuse on plan B, Work, and all this aournd us objectively as possible ...

Konstantin said:
It says that LAVROV HAVE SAID THAT WEST IS MAKING AN UKRAINE FROM MACEDONIA.

I hope that he is wrong this time, but according to situation on the ground, everything is pointing to that direction.

Yes. And the US propaganda is also working with the same methods as in Ukraine:

“I am not a member of any political party,” said Tashe Strezovski, 28, who works at Skopje’s airport. “Neither are many of these people. We are just ordinary citizens who love their country.”

The only acceptable outcome, he said, is for Mr. Gruevski to step down.

“I am not afraid,” Mr. Strezovski said. “No one is afraid anymore. This government, it is demystified.”

_http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/15/world/europe/tiny-macedonia-confronts-a-supersize-scandal.html

Message to the Macedonian people and opposition by Anonymous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=FzniaJSN_IQ

It will be interesting to see what happens this Sunday, it's hard to imagine that the West will let such a convenient opportunity go to waste. I'm guessing that snipers will attack protesters and the police while the KLA will take credit and which will all ultimately be blamed on Gruevski. Now that would be the most blatant coup in history.

Anthony said:
It will be interesting to see what happens this Sunday, it's hard to imagine that the West will let such a convenient opportunity go to waste. I'm guessing that snipers will attack protesters and the police while the KLA will take credit and which will all ultimately be blamed on Gruevski. Now that would be the most blatant coup in history.

And reading the NY Times article that Persje shared, this soudns like this your guess maight be alredy in preparation ...

Maybe Macedonian government will quit Greek Stream, and i guess this was the main purpose of American and other Western ambassadors' aggressive stance towards current government, especially if there plans for "Macedonian Maidan" were somehow skewed by swift reaction of security forces in Kumanovo.

The Ambassadors of the US, EU, France, UK, and Italy met with [Macedoniam PM Nikola] Gruevski two days after the attack as part of a prearranged meeting, during which they released a joint statement (read by US Ambassador Jess Baily, as it was) that can only be described as geopolitical victim shaming. As referenced by Reuters:

"In a statement read out by U.S. ambassador Jess Baily, the envoys criticised Skopje's failure to address the "many allegations of government wrongdoing arising from the disclosures" published by opposition leader Zoran Zaev. "This continued inaction casts serious doubt on the government of Macedonia's commitment to the democratic principles and values of the Euro-Atlantic community," they said, adding that a lack of concrete action "will undermine Macedonia's progress toward EU and NATO membership.""

Such an open attack :O

From:http://www.sott.net/article/296483-Color-revolution-in-Macedonia-and-the-Western-backed-propaganda

_http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/macedonia-opposition-promises-non-stop-protest-camp

Zaev said his party was doing all it could to ensure a peaceful protest on Sunday and foil any attempts to provoke violence and incriminate the opposition.

"All SDSM members have got instructions to record every possible violent act. Let us open our eyes so that no one can frame us," Zaev said.

It's almost as if the opposition is expecting and anticipating violent actions against "peaceful protesters," while the latest wiretaps (leaked once again before the rally) read like a badly scripted Hollywood villain flick.

Anthony said:
_http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/macedonia-opposition-promises-non-stop-protest-camp

Zaev said his party was doing all it could to ensure a peaceful protest on Sunday and foil any attempts to provoke violence and incriminate the opposition.

"All SDSM members have got instructions to record every possible violent act. Let us open our eyes so that no one can frame us," Zaev said.

It's almost as if the opposition is expecting and anticipating violent actions against "peaceful protesters," while the latest wiretaps (leaked once again before the rally) read like a badly scripted Hollywood villain flick.

sound like that very much ... was just commenting yesterday with a friend, how they probably have some lame Hollywood scriptwriters, who are scripting the general plot and propaganda, and it looks like they get lazy and now they are loosing inspiration, and that will cost them to lose a game in Macedonia and Balkans this time ... ;)

Russian Foreign Ministry says the West is fomenting a Color Revolution in Macedonia.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150516/1022221328.html#ixzz3aJqn1jQy

Meanwhile, if this report is correct, the UK Ambassador to Macedonia is calling for a transitional government to be set up.

_http://www.novinite.com/articles/167628/UK+Ambassador+to+Macedonia+Calls+for+Interim+Gov%27t

Zaev is still quite optimistic (to say the least) about the number of people that will attend the Color Revolution tomorrow, and that there will be violence, which they will record of course. Basically revealing what the agenda really is.

He added that the protest would be peaceful, but continue until the government’s resignation. About 70,000 people will join in the rally, he said.

"All members of our party were instructed to record on camera a potential police violence, or other facts that could lead to clashes on Sunday during the protests, to once again demonstrate the truth about the violence of the authorities."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150516/1022203591.html#ixzz3aJs3wfNo

This one is in Croatian, but Zaev says that they and the 'international community' will be shipping people to the protests, I'm not sure if he means from out of the country or from inside Macedonia.

http://hr.sott.net/article/1470-Marioneta-Zapada-Zoran-Zaev-kaze-da-se-prosvjedi-nastavljaju-dok-Gruevski-ne-odes-vlasti

Anthony said:
This one is in Croatian, but Zaev says that they and the 'international community' will be shipping people to the protests, I'm not sure if he means from out of the country or from inside Macedonia.

http://hr.sott.net/article/1470-Marioneta-Zapada-Zoran-Zaev-kaze-da-se-prosvjedi-nastavljaju-dok-Gruevski-ne-odes-vlasti

This is interesting:

"It will be, he (Zaev) said, the protest with many speakers, and great efforts are invested to transport all those who wish to attend the protest, and to be able to carry them to Macedonia, we asked help from the international community"

This exactly reads like Zaev admiting directly that protest is not just suported, but it is orchestrated from outside, as why anyone will come to protest in Macedoina if they don't live there. This is kind of aniticpating what will happen, explaining how they are hoping that violence will not happen ... but I am affraid it will not be one easy Sunday tomorrow for Macedonians ...

Macedonian Opposition Uses CIA and Soros Funds to Hire 2,000 Violent Thugs for Sunday Protest

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/27422/1/

In an interview for Soros owned nova-tv portal the leader of the SDSM Zoran Zaev confirmed the opposition has brought (bought) 2,000 young individuals for the Sunday "protest".

SDSM insiders afraid of what is being planned for Sunday have already spilled out the plan. Beginning from the fact there would be only few thousand protesters bussed from all corners of the country (many receiving 500 denars), to instructions for Soros owned media to present the number of protesters as "70,000". These instructions were sent not just to Soros owned media in Macedonia, but propaganda veterans NYTimes and Reuters.

Zaev's "2,000 young people who know karate and kick box" is in fact the thugs that have been hired using USAID, NED, PNAC (all fronts for the CIA) and Soros funds which the SDSM has received for years. The above mentioned foreign entities deposited several million dollars to SDSM bank accounts just days before the attempted coup.

The aim is for the scenario to be Kiev-like, with burning of cars, shops, and clashes with the police. SDSM members who own shows downtown have already been told to close them early and leave as they will be vandalized).
For this purpose, the SDSM has brought in over 100 thugs outside of Macedonia (Kosovo, Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro), in addition to hooligans from FC Rabotnicki and known criminals with thick police dossiers. The SDSM insider stated each has received 500 euros, and criminals who are expected to lead the rest into clashes with police will get 1,500 euros/day.

The reason for the SDSM insider coming out with the above information is the fear that certain SDSM structures have hired individuals who would use guns not just on the police, but on protesters, to create the illusion that police is firing on protesters and vice versa, a scenario already seen in Kiev and elsewhere. For instance, in Kiev, hospital doctors stated the same weapons were used on both protesters and policemen, however the information was censored and never made it to "mainstream" western media.

Zaev spoke of the May 17th scenario at length for over two months, calling it a "bloody day". Considering the terrorists in Kumanovo planned to attack on May 17th as well, Zaev's statement brings a new dimension into SDSM's activities and the foreign entities who support them.

The reason for the coup that begun in February? The US needs a Government installed that would be obedient to them (Zaev having an IQ of a goal post is the perfect fit). The current Government doesn't cut it, because it cares for its citizens and their well being, it showed interest in the Turkish Stream (host a transit pipeline) which will bring substantial revenues to the country, so much so, the average salary is projected at 1,000 euros in just few years after its introduction. //Gorazd Velkovski

Interesting view of a Croatian journalist
Link
https://translate.google.hr/translate?sl=hr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=hr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegram.hr%2Fprice%2Fveceras-su-u-skoplju-veliki-prosvjedi-a-ovo-je-telegramov-specijal-iz-makedonije%2F&edit-text=

RT reports at least 20,000 people attending.

Live version here:

http://rt.com/on-air/macedonia-rally-against-government/

Information on NED supporting freedom and democracy in Macedonia.

_http://www.ned.org/where-we-work/central-and-eastern-europe/macedonia

Center for Investigative Journalism SCOOP Macedonia
Freedom of Information
$37,000
Raising Awareness about Corruption through Investigative Reporting
To improve the quality, reach and impact of investigative reporting on corruption in Macedonia. With NED assistance, SCOOP will support the independent production of at least 22 investigative reports on corruption and publish them on its website (www.scoop.mk). To further develop its capacity for high-quality investigative reporting, SCOOP staff will participate in a two-day workshop led by an international expert on data journalism and Computer Assisted Reporting.

EuVision
Freedom of Information
$35,000
Promoting Investigative Reporting on Public Spending
To expand the quality and impact of investigative reporting on public spending. Journalists from the independent news and documentary production company EuVision will produce 10 in-depth investigations on local government spending and investment by the central government in different regions of the country. To reach a broader audience, EuVision will also produce three short television documentaries based on the investigations, to be aired on six local and regional TV stations.

Helsinki Committee for Human Rights of the Republic of Macedonia
Human Rights
Supplement: $15,000
Combatting Hate Speech
To raise awareness of hate speech through a monitoring, advocacy, and public outreach campaign. The Committee will monitor online and print media for xenophobic and extremist content, as well as create a web platform for documenting incidents of hate speech. Ahead of the April 2014 presidential and parliamentary elections, the Committee will track and gather information on any use of hate speech in campaign-related media coverage, promotional materials, and public events. A total of 28 monitors, including legal and policy analysts, as well as youth activists, will monitor and report on campaigns throughout the country. The Committee will combine this information with its analysis of existing legislation and case law to produce a report and policy recommendations on combating hate speech. It will promote the website and publication through social media, short video clips, and two public events.

Helsinki Committee for Human Rights of the Republic of Macedonia
Human Rights
$30,000
Combating Hate Speech
To raise awareness about the dangers of hate speech through monitoring, advocacy, and an extensive outreach campaign. The Committee will monitor online and print media for xenophobic and extremist content, as well as create a web platform for collecting information about incidents of hate speech. The Committee will combine this information with its analysis of existing legislation and case law to produce a report and policy recommendations on combating hate speech. The website, publication and recommendations will be promoted through social media, two short video clips, and two public events.

MakeDox
Civic Education
$40,000
Raising Human Rights Awareness Through Film
To continue fostering awareness of and discussion about human rights in the country, MakeDox will organize its fifth annual documentary film festival in Skopje, as well as a traveling cinema that will bring human rights and socially engaged films to six rural communities. MakeDox will also continue to develop its program integrating human rights documentary films into civic education curricula through a workshop with 30 high school teachers.

Metamorphosis Foundation
Accountability
$30,000
Promoting the Accountability of Elected Officials Using New Technologies
To continue operating two groundbreaking websites designed to increase the accountability of public officials in Macedonia following the April 2014 presidential and early parliamentary elections. The Vistinomer/Vërtetmatës (www.vistinomer.mk) provides nonpartisan information on the veracity, consistency, and degree of implementation of public officials' statements and promises. The Glasomer/Votëmatës (www.glasomer.mk), which tests issue-oriented political preferences, will continue to inform citizens about political party programs.

National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
NGO Strengthening
$300,000
Strengthening Political Pluralism through Increased Civic Engagement in Legislative Advocacy and Public Policy Dialogue
To bolster government accountability and political pluralism. The Institute will support civic organizations in crafting legislative advocacy strategies, strengthen the capacity of political parties to develop inclusive and responsive public policy, and assist municipal governments in conducting outreach to citizens' groups. The Institute will also convene issue-based roundtables that bring together political and civic figures to promote constructive discourse on public policy.

Ohrid Institute for Economic Strategies and International Affairs
Civic Education
Supplement: $15,000
Encouraging Youth Political Dialogue
To continue promoting dialogue between young political leaders and strengthening their ability to participate in decision-making processes. The Institute will organize 10 trainings and a workshop to build the leadership and communications skills of more than 150 youth members of different political parties. In addition, the Institute will engage young people in six municipalities in a local monitoring project and launch a model parliament for youth. Prior to early parliamentary elections in April 2014, the Institute will facilitate a series of six nonpartisan roundtables engaging more than 300 youth in constructive political dialogue on election-related issues.

Ohrid Institute for Economic Strategies and International Affairs
Civic Education
$45,000
Encouraging Youth Political Dialogue
To continue promoting dialogue between young political leaders and strengthening their ability to participate in decision-making processes. The Institute will organize a series of 10 trainings, workshops and roundtables to build the leadership and communications skills of over 150 youth members of different political parties. In addition, the Institute will expand its local monitoring project to include 12 municipalities and continue operating its youth model parliament.

Youth Cultural Center (MKC) - Bitola
Civic Education
$36,000
Promoting Youth Civic Participation at the Local Level
To encourage youth civic involvement and foster cooperation and collaboration between young people and local governments. Working in seven municipalities, the MKC will train, place, and provide ongoing support to 100 youth in three-month-long volunteer positions with municipal and state-level government offices and NGOs. The MKC will also help public institutions to develop their own volunteer and internship programs, and train volunteer coordinators to effectively place and manage youth volunteers.

Youth Educational Forum (MOF)
Freedom of Information
$45,000
Fostering Youth Activism and Promoting Open Debate through Online Media
To encourage public debate on key issues facing youth. MOF will produce more than 75 radio shows and podcasts and air them on its online multimedia platform, Radio MOF (www.radiomof.mk), which also functions as a community bulletin board for youth NGOs and civil society activists. In addition, MOF will build the media and civic skills of youth activists in four cities through weekly trainings, special workshops, and six local civic actions or advocacy campaigns. Finally, MOF will organize the fourth edition of its conference on new media and youth activism, ENGAGE.

Grant descriptions are from the 2014 NED Annual Report.

Back
Top Bottom