Members' forum

B, I think you've gotten some really good feedback. FWIW.

As for my original comment, I assumed that when you said 'private' that you meant information that might reveal to someone reading who you are in real life, and so I didn't see anything to be worried about in those terms. From what I read of your posts, you were simply networking the way the forum is designed to be used, and didn't think that was anything to be worried about either since The Swamp isn't open to everyone. My intention was only to be helpful and I did my best to be respectful, courteous, and engaging whilst genuinely caring about addressing your concerns having shared with others things you wouldn't necessarily share with less than trustworthy people. If it didn't help, it wasn't for lack of trying. :)

Alada said:
I agree that keyholes second statement is not really very helpful here. The first statement however is pertinent.

I think I didn't need to react as bluntly as I did on the second statement. And after reading it back it seems that I was running a programme myself. It wasn't exactly helpful for B588, and I can see how that could be taken as not very pleasant by someone other than myself. In future I will try to think less in black and white terms and explain myself further :

dugdeep said:
There's nothing wrong with this, of course, if that's what you wish. But understand that this is the way this particular forum operates and these sorts of things will continue to be pointed out to you as long as you continue to participate here.

The choice is yours, of course, but if you find that this isn't how you wish to participate here, another forum may be the best choice for you. You're not being asked to leave at this point, but you should ask yourself seriously if this is in fact what you wish to pursue. It's not an easy road, and the question should be taken seriously.

Keyhole said:
In future I will try to think less in black and white terms and explain myself further :

dugdeep said:
There's nothing wrong with this, of course, if that's what you wish. But understand that this is the way this particular forum operates and these sorts of things will continue to be pointed out to you as long as you continue to participate here.

The choice is yours, of course, but if you find that this isn't how you wish to participate here, another forum may be the best choice for you. You're not being asked to leave at this point, but you should ask yourself seriously if this is in fact what you wish to pursue. It's not an easy road, and the question should be taken seriously.

Yep, there’s big difference between something that mechanically just ‘happens’, and something that is constructed consciously. It helps everyone when we try to stick to the latter as a general rule, otherwise everything just ‘happens’ – nothing will ever change in us then.

Serait-il possible de faire une manipulation pour que les liens soit directement accessibles quand la traduction est enclenchée ?
Merci d'avance pour votre aide...

Would it be possible to make a manipulation to the links directly accessible when the translation is engaged?
Thank you in advance for your help ...

PERLOU said:
Serait-il possible de faire une manipulation pour que les liens soit directement accessibles quand la traduction est enclenchée ?

Would it be possible to make a manipulation to the links directly accessible when the translation is engaged?

Hi Perlou, what exactly do you mean with translation?

Merci Gawan pour ton message : Hi Perlou, what exactly do you mean with translation?... Salut Perlou, qu'est-ce que tu veux dire avec la traduction?

Je ne parle pas un mot d'anglais donc je passe par une traduction de page web mais les liens ne sont pas accessibles sur cette page traduite...
I do not speak a word of English so I spend a translation web page but the links are not available on this translated page ...

PERLOU said:
Merci Gawan pour ton message : Hi Perlou, what exactly do you mean with translation?... Salut Perlou, qu'est-ce que tu veux dire avec la traduction?

Je ne parle pas un mot d'anglais donc je passe par une traduction de page web mais les liens ne sont pas accessibles sur cette page traduite...
I do not speak a word of English so I spend a translation web page but the links are not available on this translated page ...

Thanks for clarifying Perlou. Which internet browser are you using (Firefox, Chrome ...?)? Because you could add an extension (for example "google translate") in your browser which can translate any webpage you are browsing and you only need to click one button.

Merci Gawan pour votre réponse : Merci pour clarifier Perlou. Quel navigateur utilisez-vous Internet (Firefox, Chrome ...?)? Parce que vous pourriez ajouter une extension (par exemple «Google Translate») dans votre navigateur qui peut se traduire une page Web que vous naviguez et vous suffit de cliquer sur un bouton.

J'utilise Firefox et j'ai bien les boutons dont vous parlez "Google Translate" qui me traduit bien la page Web et la traduction de la page s'affiche bien en Français, c'est dans cette page de traduction que l'on ne peut aboutir sur les liens proposés...

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de vous pencher sur cette difficulté...

Gawan thank you for your reply: Thanks for clarifying Perlou. What browser do you use the Internet (Firefox, Chrome ...)? Because you could add an extension (for example 'Google Translate') in your browser that can translate a Web page browsing and you just click a button.

I use Firefox and I have buttons which you speak 'Google Translate' which translates me well the web page and the translation of the page displays well in French, it is in this translation page we can not succeed on the links ...

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem ...

PERLOU said:

Hi PERLOU,

If I understand your problem correctly, you want to be able to publish links to translated pages/articles in your forum posts and/or active links within those translations ?
Si je comprends bien votre problème, vous voulez être en mesure de publier des liens à des pages/articles traduits dans vos messages du forum et/ou liens actifs au sein de ces traductions ?

Have a look at how our member casper solved this problem in the following recent examples:
Jetez un oeil sur comment notre membre casper a résolu ce problème dans les exemples récents suivants :

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38665.msg582472.html#msg582472
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38646.msg582164.html#msg582164
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14237.msg581790.html#msg581790

In each post he has included a link to a page translated into English from his native language, just click on them to verify that.
Dans chaque post il a inclus un lien vers une page traduite en anglais de sa langue maternelle, il suffit de cliquer dessus pour les vérifier.

It can also easily go wrong from time to time like here for example:
Il peut aussi facilement tromper de temps en temps comme ici par exemple :

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38115.msg582114.html#msg582114

Hope this example helps a bit. :)
J'espère que cet example aide un peu. :)

Salut PERLOU,
Si je comprends votre problème correctement, vous voulez être en mesure de publier des liens vers des pages / articles traduits dans vos messages du forum et / ou des liens actifs au sein de ces traductions?
Si je Comprends bien Votre Problème, vous voulez Être en mesure de Publier des privilèges d'un DES pages / articles traduits de la DANS Vos messages du Forum privilèges et / OU d'Actifs Au Sein de CES traductions?
Jetez un oeil à la façon dont notre casper membre a résolu ce problème dans les exemples récents suivants:
Jetez Un oeil sur notre commentaire membre casper un CE de Résolu Problème Dans les exemples Récents Suivants:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38665.msg582472.html#msg582472
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38646.msg582164.html#msg582164
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14237.msg581790.html#msg581790
Dans chaque poste, il a inclus un lien vers une page traduite en anglais de sa langue maternelle, il suffit de cliquer sur eux pour vérifier que.
Dans each après il a inclus un vers de privilège page juin Traduite en anglais de sa langue maternelle, il Suffit de cliquer dessus versez les Verifier.
Il peut aussi facilement se tromper de temps en temps, comme par exemple ici:
Il may also Facilement tromper de temps en temps ici Comme par exemple:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38115.msg582114.html#msg582114
Espérons que cet exemple aide un peu. :)
Que je espère this exemple aide de peu un. :)

Merci pour votre aide Palinurus, je voulais dire que lorsque le traducteur à mis la page en Français, les liens ne sont plus accessible, il me faut revenir sur la page en Anglais pour y avoir accès... Par exemple vous voyez ci-dessus que vos liens ne sont pas accessibles... Mais laissez tomber, ce n'est pas grave...
Et désolée de vous avoir dérangé... Un grand merci à tous pour votre attention et votre aide...

Thank you for your aid Palinurus, I meant that when the translator to put the page in French, the links are no longer accessible, I must go back to the English page to access it ... For instance you see above your links are not accessible ... But forget it, it's not serious ...
And sorry for disturbing you ... A big thank you to all for your attention and your help ...

J'ai reçu un bien joli autocollant Fotcm.org ce matin... Je suis très contente... Merci...

I received a very nice sticker Fotcm.org this morning ... I'm very happy ... Thanks ...

PERLOU, thanks for giving a more precise explanation and an example of it.

The thing is, in my browser (Firefox) I can still access the posts of casper directly via the links in your translated post #54. Therefor, I don't experience your problem the way you do but I still think there should be an easy way to remedy it.

Let's consider the following:

Sometimes the forum software transposes an original link like: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38665.msg582472.html#msg582472 into something else, like this:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/search?PHESSIDblablabla/topic,38665.msg582472.html#msg582472

To recoup the original you have to eliminate precisely the part that I put in bold from your address bar and then refresh the page. After that intervention it will show you the intended post right away.

I hope you understand what I mean and can experiment with it till you get it rightly done and thereby solve your problem.

PERLOU, Merci de donner une explication plus précise et un exemple pour cela.

La chose est, dans mon navigateur (Firefox), je peux toujours accéder aux postes de casper directement via les liens dans votre message traduit #54. À cet effet, je ne rencontrez votre problème comme tu le fais, mais je pense toujours qu'il devrait y avoir un moyen facile d'y remédier.

Nous allons étudier ce qui suit :

Parfois, le logiciel de forum transpose un lien original comme : http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38665.msg582472.html#msg582472 en autre chose, comme ceci :

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/recherche?PHESSIDblablabla/topic,38665.msg582472.html#msg582472

Pour récupérer l'original, il faut éliminer avec précision la partie que j'ai mis en gras de votre adresse bar, et puis actualisez la page. Après cette intervention il vous montrera le poste envisagé tout de suite.

J'espère que vous comprenez ce que je veux dire et peut expérimenter jusqu'à ce que vous obtenez à juste titre le fait, et ainsi résoudre votre problème.

Mille mercis pour votre compassion Palinurus, bien désolée de vous avoir ainsi mis à contribution... Je finis quand même par y arriver après des retours en arrière sur la page en Anglais... J'apprécie beaucoup votre attention... Merci...

Many thanks for your compassion Palinurus, well sorry to have thus made contribution ... I ended up getting there anyway after backtracking on the English page ... I appreciate your attention ... Thanks. ..

Just a quick question:

I already received the membership material from the FOTCM and I sent out the signed letter about three weeks ago. How long does it usually take to have FOTCM membership activated on the forum?

axj said:
Just a quick question:

I already received the membership material from the FOTCM and I sent out the signed letter about three weeks ago. How long does it usually take to have FOTCM membership activated on the forum?
I don't think all members of FOTCM have access to the members' only section of the forum. I think access to the members' only section of the forum also depends on active participation generally in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom