Morgellons: Controversial disease doctors refuse to treat

I found the following from another inquiring mind:

http://curezone.us/forums/am.asp?i=1669899

Many of you may be familiar with Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, who has a line of products for treating Morgellons and who recently published a paper that many consider dubious and self-serving warning about colloidal silver. I personally was not that familiar with Staninger, but her paper on coloidal silver peaked my interest and I decided to do a bit of checking. What I found is puzzling to say the least, and more than a bit disturbing as well.

One of the first things I found was a reference to Staninger's research being rejected in a court case due to "unreliable methodology"

_http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread275225/pg4

Upon checking further, I found that the case referred to was Benney v. Shaw Industries, Inc. where the he court excluded the opinion of Dr. Hildegarde Staninger that plaintiff's MCS was caused by carpeting and a "bug bomb" due to her methodology being judged to be unreliable. [No. 93-685-CIT-T-21(A), Middle District, Florida, 1995]

Taking into consideration the fact that mainstream courts, science and medicine often rejects those outside the mainstream and that may have been the case with Staninger, I decided to withold judgment based on the single court case, though it did raise a red flag when one looks at the questionable statements and science in her paper on colloidal silver.

Next, I took a look at Staninger's bio, which appears online in several locations. At first glance, she did appear to have a rather impressive resume, though none of the organizations and awards listed in rang a bell.

Here is an example of her standard online bio:

BIOGRAPHY - Dr Hildegarde Staninger, Ph.D., RIET-1

Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, author of the international environmental bestseller the Comprehensive Handbook of Hazardous Material: Regulations, Monitoring, Handling & Safety, Lewis Publishing/ CRC Press, is among the leading international scientists in the field of industrial toxicology. She pioneered the use of biological monitoring tests for targeting organ exposure to parent compounds, metabolites and their xenobiotics. Her research has opened the door of proteinomics, enzynomics and genomics as recognized by John Hopkins Univeristy/Pandey Lab and Harvard University Medical College small molecule genome project.

Former president of the Florida Chapter of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, she was president and founder of the International Academy of Toxicological Risk Assessment (IATRA) which celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2005. She was the first Industrial Environmental Toxicologist Registered by the National Registry of Environmental Professionals. Dr. Staninger is a Certified Safety Executive by World Safety Organization and Inspector General for the International Environmental Intelligence Agency (IEIA) a division of World Life Research Institute.

Her former academic appointments include Research Coordinator and Assistant Professor for the Research Department at the former Capital University of Integrative Medicine, Washington, D.C. Present research activities include applications of far infrared and oak wood charcoal vinegar in maintaining cellular integrity and cellular detoxification via lymphatic and molecular endocrine systems. She presented ground-breaking information in October, 2006, at the annual conference of the National Registry of Environmental Professionals, (www.nrep.org ) in papers regarding FarInfrared Radiant Heat (FIR RH) Type Remediation for Mold and Other Unique Diseases and Protecting Yourself From Electromagnetic Fields In The Home, Workplace and Environment.

During Fall 2006 (Phase I) and Spring 2007 (Phase II) she conducted a privately funded project to identify the composition of Morgellons' fibers. This original research revealed the environmental impacts upon man, environment and other life forms from exposure to nanotechnology. (Morgellons Specials Nos. 5, 6 and 7 - Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, Guest (www.rense.com/Datapages/morgRSPEC.htm )

Her presentation, MORGELLONS: A Nano-911 Foreign Invader, will be released at the September 2007 Annual Conference of NREP (above).

In addition to decades of research involving the signature harmonic reflectivity of cellular resonance for increasing cellular integrity, she has focused on addressing the appropriate countermeasures for cell dysfunction, injury and death through cellular tera hertz phono photons- "cellular cosmic star bursts."

Dr. Staninger is recipient of two Presidential Awards from Mr. Walter Lowry, Martin Marietta Orlando Aerospace President, for her work involving "Pregnant Women in the Workplace" and the "Increased Risk of Genetic Mutations in Contaminated Ground Water." She received the prestigious 7th U.S. Army and Greater Stuttgart Community Award for her work during Operation Desert Shield in preventing increased chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) from the Kuwaiti burning oil fields during Desert Storm.

Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, RIET-1
Industrial Toxicologist/IH,
Doctor of Integrative Medicine
Integrative Health Systems, LLC
415 3/4th N. Larchmont Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Tel: 323-466-2599 Fax: 323-466-2774
dr.hildy @ yahoo.com

Source: _http://loveforlife.com.au/content/07/11/22/research-and-videos-staninger-report-hildegarde-staninger-phd-morgellons-nano-911-f

Disturbingly, nowhere in her bio or anywhere else I can find does it list Staninger's educational background insofar as what schools she attended and what her actual degree is. That reminds me a bit too much of the self-promoting Tulio Simoncini (the "Cancer is a fungus" baking soda treatment guy). Nowhere can you find his educational background listed either, including his own website. Though he is wrongly referred to as an oncologist, he isn't, carefully avoids claiming to be one himself. Instead, he misleadingly refers to himself as an "MD who specializes in oncology" and fails to correct it when others make the assumption that he is an actual oncologist.

So, another red flag, but still I did not want to rush to judgment and would be hesitant to lump anyone in with Simoncini.

I did note one academic reference in her bio:

"Her former academic appointments include Research Coordinator and Assistant Professor for the Research Department at the former Capital University of Integrative Medicine, Washington, D.C"

Since that was the only reference, I assumed that it must surely have been the most prestigious appointment. But then I found out that Capital University was a non-accredited school which operated for about a decade before closing its doors in 2006. Not so impressive after all.

Looking further at that bio, I see that Staninger lists RIET-1 next to her name, thus it had to be something that was important and likely recognizable to other professionals. But when I did a Google search for "RIET-1", the only thing that came up was pages with references to Hildegarde Staninger. I thought perhaps that was an accreditation given by the National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP), since she prominently touts her membership with that organization. However, I could find no such designation among the various ones that the NREP. Not only that, but when I did a member search on the NREP site for Hildegarde Staninger, it returned no record found.

_http://www.nrep.org/pros.php?search=name&msg=found&firstname=&lastname=Staninger#pros_search

Similarly, when one does a search for "Greater Stuttgart Community Award" or "7th U.S. Army and Greater Stuttgart Community Award"which Staninger claims to have received, the only returns that come back are for web pages which have the Hildegarde Staninger bios on them which lists the award..

The International Environmental Intelligence Agency (IEIA) listed in Staninger's bio is an agency which was created by the World Life Research Institute, which was itself created by the late MD Bruce Halstead to be a repository of his work. It's website has not been updated since 2007. The online home for the IEIA is found on the website of nutritionmonitoring.info - a sketchy website at best.

When you look for references to Hildegarde Staninger among Morgellons boards outside her own website, you find some interesting comments, such as this one at the MorgellonsGroup at proboards.com

"I have a close friend who has now been following Dr. Staninger's protocol for 3 months. She purchased a $4000 infrared sauna, etc. Dr. Staninger has told her she has cured patients with Morgellons disease; yet, when my friend -- whose symptoms have not abated 1 degree -- asks for the names and telephone numbers of a few patients Dr. Staninger has cured -- she is stonewalled. It would seem to me that for most Morgellon sufferers who contact Dr. Staninger looking for help -- especially those who commit to her treatment protocol -- asking for referrals would be pretty standard procedure. The fact that Dr. Staninger has yet to provide my friend with the names and numbers of patients she claims to have cured bothers me and more importantly my friend is losing confidence in the treatment considering her conditions persist: burning, searing pain; fibers coming through her skin, etc. For the burning, searing pain -- Dr. Staninger has recommended applying olive oil. My friend says it maybe helps a little but doesn't really relieve the burning. Does this sound like a professional who is successfully treating Morgellons disease? Olive oil"

Now, I don't know about you folks, but that is not a very impressive picture to me.

More from the same thread:

http://curezone.us/forums/am.asp?i=1669899

My suspicion is that "Dr." Staninger's alleged PhD degree is not even real.

According to internet sources, The Capital University of Integrative Medicine where she apparently went to school doesn't even exist anymore, and was apparently just an unaccredited degree mill.

"The Capital University of Integrative Medicine (CUIM), a nonaccredited school headquartered in Washington, D.C., was founded by Robert Bradford and three..."

My suspicion is that all of her titles since that time are basically self-described, self-created and self-congratulatory.

I made an impassioned phone call to Dr. Hildegarde Staninger for help regarding this insidious malady and to my surprise got a call back the next day.... I asked her if she could possibly write a letter or call my family Doctor with some kind of insight into what this disease is and possibly a drug(s) to help combat or at the very least to mask the symptoms. I would rather die in peace than rather than deal with this and all of the side issues that accompany it. She told me that nanotechnology was the culprit and that was all the information I was going to get w/out an office visit. All Q's I asked her like.... if she thought nanotechnology was manipulating biological components or if antibiotics could help or if she was aware of the bio-film that leaks out of every pore....etc. Her reaction to a suffering person that could not afford her outrageous appointment prices was almost combative..... I don't know if she was in a bad mood from the barrage of phone calls and emails she must get daily or if she is so conscious of $$ that she has lost sight of the role that doctors play.... I always thought that Doctors were supposed to "do no harm" and have found (over the last 4 years) that doing nothing is as bad as the labeling and suspicion that we receive. If... as like you imply....Dr. Hildegarde Staninger is faking her qualifications, then she needs to be exposed. If she is misguided she needs to be told and if she is in this "for the money" then she must be avoided. This disease is horrible to endure and the depression that accompanies it leaves one w/no energy to deal with the bias, compassion-less, money grubbing doctors we come in contact with.

I spoke to a number of people about her who claimed her treatment helped them immensely. So I keep an open mind about her. Personally, I felt the FARpad helped me a lot.

Here's her bio broken down to be checked:

Dr. Staninger, author of the international environmental bestseller the Comprehensive Handbook of Hazardous Material: Regulations, Monitoring, Handling & Safety, Lewis Publishing/ CRC Press,

I found the book on amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Comprehensive-Handbook-Hazardous-Materials-Regulations/dp/0873712471

H.L.A. Sacarello (Author) {a maiden name or previous married name? But a name to check out}
# Hardcover: 500 pages
# Publisher: CRC Press Inc (December 16, 1993)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0873712471
# ISBN-13: 978-0873712477
# Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 6.8 x 1.2 inches
# Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
# Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
# Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,151,878 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

is among the leading international scientists in the field of industrial toxicology.

She pioneered the use of biological monitoring tests for targeting organ exposure to parent compounds, metabolites and their xenobiotics. Her research has opened the door of protenomics, enzynomics and genomics as recognized by Johns Hopkins University, Pandey Lab and Harvard University Medical College's small molecule genome project.

I suppose we could write to them to check this out.

Dr. Staninger is a former president of the Florida Chapter of the American Industrial Hygiene Association

and is a former President and founder of the International Academy of Toxicological Risk Assessment (IATRA), which celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2005.

All I get on this (other than Staninger's pages) is: http://www.all-acronyms.com/cat/2/IATRA/International_Academy_of_Toxicological_Risk_Assessment/1237571
and: http://www.nrep.org/mission.php
and: http://www.iatpfellows.org/fellowinformation/application_instructions.cfm

Additionally, she was the first Industrial Environmental Toxicologist Registered by the National Registry of Environmental Professionals (http://www.nrep.org/)

See above.

and is a Certified Safety Executive by World Safety Organization and Inspector General for the International Environmental Intelligence Agency (IEIA), a division of World Life Research Institute.

See: http://nutritionmonitoring.info/ieia.htm
and: http://nutritionmonitoring.info/index.htm

where you read this message:

Every Person Is Unique!
Your genes and the ever changing environment act on you to create a constantly changing biochemical profile.
Proper nutritional support can give every person the opportunity to extend their longevity independent of lifestyle and location.
As an unique individual, comparison of your laboratory tests results to a "Normal Range" is of very little value.
The only valid standard for the detection of early changes in your health is you.
By measuring changes in your biochemistry over time, change can be identified.
NutritionMonitoring.info is supporting non-profit organizations, in their effort to develop cellular health analysis testing which can provide verification of various forms of preventive health care.

It almost looks like a dummy website. They have a blog with 2 posts set up in 2007:
_http://www.nutritionmonitoring.com/

She received the prestigious 7th U.S. Army and Greater Stuttgart Community Award for her work during Operation Desert Shield in preventing increased chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) from the Kuwaiti burning oil fields during Desert Storm.

Military connection?

Dr. Staninger is recipient of two Presidential Awards from Mr. Walter Lowry, Martin Marietta Orlando Aerospace President, for her work involving "Pregnant Women in the Workplace" and the "Increased Risk of Genetic Mutations in Contaminated Ground Water."

Arms industry connection.

Her knowledge base and compassion are ever more necessary as cleanup work takes place in the Gulf from the oil spill and in an ever increasing polluted world.

Not to mention the fact that she appears to be working on cleaning up a lot of cash.

Here is another post that adds another perspective. It seems she was against colloidal silver, the one thing that seemed to have helped a lot of Morgellons patients. The author of the article later retracts his skepticism against Morgellons, adding his impressions and findings about Lyme's disease and its relation to Morgellon's disease.

Dr. Hildegarde Staninger Labels Colloidal Silver a “Health Hazard” in New Study…But Is It a Legitimate Conclusion, Or Is It Self-Serving?

_http://colloidalsilversecrets.blogspot.com/2010/07/dr-hildegarde-staninger-labels.html

[Important Update: As of Sunday August 1, it appears that Dr. Staninger has removed all links to her new "study" in which she slams colloidal silver as a "health hazard." Indeed, she appears to have taken down the entire web site in which she had numerous "studies" posted, including those linked to in the below article.

I don't know if she is merely doing work on her web site, or removing the materials discussed in the article below, or what. On an alternative site, it now states under the link to her studies "Please note this site is under construction and will be re-opening soon." -- Spencer]

Is it a new “landmark study” proving the dangers of colloidal silver, as some backers of Dr. Hildegarde Staninger’s work would have you believe...or is it just another re-hash of the same, tired old anti-colloidal silver hysteria from the past that has never held water upon closer examination?

Dr. Hildegarde Staninger claims to have conducted a study that proves colloidal silver is not only a serious “health hazard,” but it is also a “possible bio-accumulative threat to the environment.”

Since I’ve received a number of online messages from concerned colloidal silver users, I decided to take a look at Dr. Staninger’s claims and see if I could determine what merit they may or may not have.

Since we’ve covered the ridiculous “threat to the environment” nonsense in many other articles, including this one, I’m not going to focus on that small portion of her study in this commentary in which she speculates about environmental harm.

Rather, I’ll focus chiefly on her claim that colloidal silver use represents a “health hazard” to humans.

But first, some crucial background information: Who is Dr. Hildegarde Staninger? Why is she slamming colloidal silver? What might she have to gain from doing so? And does her alleged “evidence” against colloidal silver really hold water?

The Morgellons Disease Diva

A little background on Ms. Staninger, first, if you please...

She apparently spends much of her time doing “research” on so-called “Morgellons disease,” and writing papers that hysterically warn of the alleged dangers of invisible “nano-materials.”

Based upon web sites she is quoted on or referenced by, Dr. Staninger apparently believes the so-called “Morgellons disease” is caused by some kind of weird nanotechnology that, once established inside the human body, causes colored threads and fibers to begin sprouting out of one’s skin like weeds in the springtime.

According to self-described Morgellons victims, these threads and fibers are apparently produced inside the human body by sub-microscopic “self-replicating nano-machines” that the victims have somehow inadvertently managed to ingest or inhale.

Yes, you read that right. Sub-microscopic nano-machines.

Or, more precisely, “...self-assembling, self-replicating nanotubes, nanowires, nanoarrays with sensors, and other nano configurations, some carrying genetically-altered and spliced DNA/RNA. These nano machines thrive in extreme alkaline ph conditions and use the body's bio-electric energy and other (unidentified) elements for power.”

Honest…I’m not kidding you in the least. That’s what many self-described Morgellons victims believe.

When pressed for an explanation as to where these alleged sub-microscopic nano-machines come from, the most frequently given answer from self-described Morgellons victims on the internet seems to be, “They escaped from a laboratory.” Some even say they are being "purposely sprayed on us from airplanes by the government, and we inhale them."

Uh, huh.

And when asked to show what these supposed “nano-machines” look like, the most frequently touted answer seems to be, “They’re so small they can’t be seen by the naked eye. They are mechanically engineered on the molecular, nano-scale level.”

In other words...they’re invisible.

Yes, invisible nano-machines that either (take your pick) escaped from a laboratory, or are being purposely sprayed on us from airplanes, are invading our bodies and turning them into...thread and fiber factories.

Blame It On the Rain

And who’s doing this to us? Why (drum roll, please) the Illuminati, of course, through their “depopulation agenda to remove 90% of the world’s population” via aerial spraying!

Or wait...others claim these tiny invisible nano-machines are being sprayed on us through aerial chemtrails as part of a NATO plot.

Surprisingly, the good Dr. Staninger apparently agrees, at least in part, that people are becoming infected with these nano-materials through some kind of aerial spraying campaign.

The bottom line is that modern medical science does not yet even recognize the validity of this so-called “Morgellons disease,” of which Dr. Staninger is one of the world’s foremost proponents.

In fact, most reputable medical doctors believe “Morgellons” victims actually suffer from a modern, high-tech, internet-fueled version of delusional parasitosis...

...which is a mental disorder in which the allegedly afflicted individual believes he or she is being infested by something that, in reality, simply isn’t there.

In the old days, people believed they were being infested by parasites. And they picked at these supposed parasites on their bodies until they were covered in sores.

But in today’s modern, high-tech world, people with this supposed affliction tend to believe they’re being infested by “self-replicating nano-materials” that produce multitudes of brightly colored threads in their skin, which they then compulsively pick at with their fingers or tweezers or other implements, until large bodily sores are produced.

The Cure for Morgellon’s Disease?

Nevertheless, if you sincerely believe that Morgellons disease is being caused by an insidious campaign to infect the human race with nano-materials, and are worried about it, have no fear...Dr. Staninger has discovered what is apparently the one and only sure-fire cure for the thread producing nano-substances!

Through an internet shill she’s apparently associated with, Dr. Staninger touts a special concoction she calls the “Introductory Detox Kit.”

Victims of the so-called Morgellons disease simply bathe in this concoction, and miraculously are healed of the tiny colored threads and fibers being produced by the mysterious sub-microscopic nano-thingys!

According to the main web site touting Staninger’s concoction, it is said to relieve the following symptoms:

“…fatigue, headache, joint or muscle pain, frequent colds and flu, allergies, hormonal imbalance, chemical sensitivity, sinus congestion, psoriasis and other skin conditions, loss of dexterity, insomnia, and more. Psychological symptoms include poor concentration, memory loss, mood changes, mental confusion, and changes in behavior.”

Choo-Choo!

According to Dr. Staninger’s own web site, this concoction is made from Opaline Dry Oxy™ Granules (whatever that is) and something she calls “Dr. Willard’s Water”…

…which, it turns out, is apparently nothing more than old-fashioned Willard’s Water, used in the early 1900’s as an industrial cleanser to degrease and clean railroad train parts, and which gained notoriety in the 1960’s as something of a whacky cure-all, somewhat akin to the old myth of spraying WD-40 on your knees to cure arthritis.

Of course, there’s more strange and nifty stuff you can buy through Dr. Staninger’s shill in order to cure even the nastiest case of the Morgellons nano-fibers, as well as other diseases. Much more. But the “Introductory Detox Kit” is apparently the must-have foundation for recovery from the dread disease.

(And don’t worry, folks. If Dr. Staninger’s highly touted cure for the nano-bot skin threads doesn’t work for you, there’s always this “instant cure” unrelated to Dr. Staninger’s work, but which also requires you to take a bath: Just pour some Sun brand powdered laundry detergent with Colorsafe Bleach into your bath water, along with copious amounts of alfalfa tablets! Works like a charm, I’m told. Or maybe it’s just bathing that helps remove the mysterious threads and fibers?)

Corroborating Evidence?

Dr. Staninger straightforwardly claims her highly touted concoction is effective “for the removal of hazardous materials from the skin.”

I assume by that she means it will remove the mysterious nano-fibers being produced by the invisible nano-bots that victims of Morgellons Disease have somehow inadvertently swallowed or inhaled.

Staninger apparently believes beyond any shadow of a doubt that her concoction is the one true cure for the thread-bearing set, because she has performed a study herself (called, quite appropriately, the “Detox Bath Study”) and found it to be true, and has subsequently written about it on her web site.

And as late night TV host Craig Ferguson says, “If it’s writ down, it must be true!”

Unfortunately, there do not appear to be any corroborating studies. And of course Staninger’s study is not peer-reviewed.

Not to worry. Pesky details, all.

More Staninger Research

According to Dr. Staninger’s own web site, from which she apparently solicits funding for her various projects through a 501(3)c non-profit foundation (er…ahh…could that be so she doesn’t have to pay taxes on the money?), her research activities also include:

“...the applications of far infrared and oak wood charcoal vinegar in maintaining cellular integrity and cellular detoxification via lymphatic and molecular endocrine systems.”

Umm…right. We certainly need some more of that, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Here’s another one of her studies, on how “smart dust” (yes, dust) represents a dire threat to the existence of all mankind, and how it’s apparently being used in a nasty conspiracy to “depopulate” the globe.

She states,

“The world is in the cataclysmic reactor of the universe where mankind is desperately trying to protect his nations through the advancement of science, medicine, and technology. And at the same time, the use of his bionanotechnology architecturally designed commercial products are at a fork in the road with the possibility of killing many of its inhabitants without the destruction of a single building.”

“…This is the time for all people to listen to their hearts and realize, that through the advancement of nanotechnology and its bridge to artificial biology, their greatest creation, “Smart Dust”, will be the way something nearly invisible could become our greatest national security threat. Its use as a monitoring tool has taken many tolls on the global population of plants, animals, and mankind. Whether it was designed as a universal surveillance tool or the monitoring tool of the rate of death of a tree, it is here and is part of the global dominance race involving smart nanotechnology.”

Of course, if you agree with Staninger, and are worried about TEOTWAWKI (i.e., The End Of This World As We Know It), and if you’d like to donate money to her “research,” then just scroll down to the bottom of this web page on her official internet site, and watch for the donation link. It simply says “Donate.”

Be sure to dig deep. Be generous.

Piled Higher and Deeper

Dr. Staninger, by the way, is not a doctor.

At least, not in the medical sense. She’s a Ph.D., which we all know can mean you’re a very, very smart person. But it can also mean “Piled Higher and Deeper.”

In her case, I think it means Piled Higher and Deeper.

And what’s convinced me of this is her recent hysterical attacks on colloidal silver, which seem to be little more than a ploy to discredit colloidal silver usage among so-called Morgellons victims.

Why would she do such a thing?

Could it be she prefers victims of the thread-producing nano-bots to purchase her recommended Willard Water-based “Detox Kit” and other recommended products, instead?

You’ll have to decide the answer to that question for yourself.

Dr. Staninger Attacks Colloidal Silver…But Why?

You see, several years back some self-described Morgellons disease victims began widely touting colloidal silver as a cure-all for the disease.

And after awhile, the idea that colloidal silver could cure Morgellons disease really began to catch on. All you have to do is Google the phrase “Morgellons and Colloidal Silver” and you’ll get over 6,000 hits for that phrase across the internet.

Apparently, if you can believe the web sites and blogs, more and more people began buying colloidal silver in order to cure their mysterious ailment.

What’s more, some of these blogs and web sites even began to quote from Dr. Staninger’s “research” on Morgellons. But rather than tout her favored “Introductory Detox Kit” – which is to say, her Willard Water-based bathtub remedy -- they touted the use of colloidal silver instead.

Ooops…that was apparently a mistake!

So much so that in January of this year, Staninger’s recommended shill web site began attacking colloidal silver, quoting some of Staninger’s “research” as evidence that colloidal silver is dangerous.

Apparently, once you have the one and true remedy for the thread-and-fiber crowd, no other remedies are allowed – even for a disease that is in large part most likely make-believe (at least, the "nano-bot" part)!

Contrary to all of the web sites claiming dramatic cures from the use of colloidal silver for Morgellons, the attack articles touting Dr. Staninger’s “evidence” even went so far as to claim that taking colloidal silver will actually make the Morgellons symptoms worse:

“…silver will act as an antenna for this stuff. Meaning because the contamination from advanced nano materials is present with all Morgellons patients that Dr. Staninger has consulted, adding silver in to the diet as a supplement is literally feeding the nanos and further encouraging symptoms to present.”

Ahh…the nano-bots apparently feed on colloidal silver!

I assume this means more thread and fiber will be produced by colloidal silver-chugging Morgellons victims. Better alert the quilting industry. This may be the cheapest source of sewing material yet. (Seamstresses can thank…yes…the Illuminati!)

Nevertheless, apparently none of Dr. Staninger’s self-serving warnings have stopped the self-described Morgellons victims from publishing their stories online regarding the miraculous cures they’ve been achieving through the use of colloidal silver.

Indeed, to this day colloidal silver continues to be one of the most widely touted Morgellons remedies on the internet.

Staninger’s New Study Attacking Colloidal Silver

The non-stop testimonials on behalf of colloidal silver as a remedy against so-called Morgellons disease must have really gotten Staninger’s goat, because in June 2010 she published a self-described “study” on her web site which her supporters claim provides proof of the many “health hazards” of colloidal silver usage.

Indeed, the title of the study is “Health Hazards of Colloidal Silver and Its Possible Bio-Accumulative Threat to the Environment.”

Clearly, scary stuff. And Staninger’s shills who sell the Morgellons “Detox” bath product have latched onto the “study” as proof that Morgellons victims should not use colloidal silver at all, claiming “Dr Staninger Proves Colloidal Silver Toxicity.”

But upon closer examination, Staninger’s new “study” appears to be little more than a re-hash of older papers covering the negative effects of caustic chemical silver compounds such as silver nitrate and silver arsphenamine.

The papers she references in her study were published chiefly during the 1940’s to the 1970’s, long before modern, electrically generated colloidal silver really came into vogue. Information from these papers is strewn haphazardly together in Staninger’s “study,” and applied to modern colloidal silver out of context, apparently to give the reader the impression that colloidal silver has the same negative attributes as the caustic chemical silver compounds of old.

For example, Staninger states in her “study”:

“Silver nitrate dust and solutions are highly corrosive to the skin, eyes, and intestinal tract. The dust of silver nitrate may cause local irritation of the skin, burns of the conjunctiva, and blindness. Localized pigmentation of the skin and eyes may occur. The eye lesions are seen first in the caruncle, and then in the conjunctiva and cornea. The nasal septum and tonsillar pillars also are pigmented.”

To which I feel compelled to reply, “So what?” After all, who on God’s green earth is using “silver nitrate dust” these days? Certainly no one in the nutritional supplement community. And I sincerely doubt any of the self-described Morgellons victims – as crazy as they seem to be sometimes – are using it either.

Staninger goes on to state:

“Large oral doses of silver nitrate cause severe gastrointestinal irritation owing to its caustic action. Lesions of the kidneys and lungs and the possibility of arteriosclerosis have been attributed to both industrial and medical exposures. Large doses of colloidal silver administered intravenously to experimental animals produced death due to pulmonary edema and congestion. Hemolysis and resulting bone marrow hyperplasia have been reported.”

What Does This Have to Do With Modern-Day Colloidal Silver?

So what does this have to do with modern-day electrically generated colloidal silver, which is generally taken by the teaspoonful by an estimated ten million colloidal silver users across North America and around the world?

Even Staninger apparently doesn’t know. She just seems to make these frightening statements about silver nitrate, silver arsphenamine and other caustic chemical compounds of silver for their own scare value, assuming the reader will think they apply equally to safe, natural colloidal silver.

She then goes on to state:

“Colloidal silver products are one of three types of products being sold as ‘colloidal silver.’”

To which I can only reply, “WTF?!” (Let’s nominate her for a Nobel Prize in literature for that statement. Hell, Al Gore got the prize for writing a book and directing a film that was not quite as obtuse as that, and he didn’t even have a Ph.D.!)

Lions and Tigers and Bears…Oh My!

Staninger then switches gears and continues her “study” by ranting about the alleged dangers of “silver protein products.”

She even attempts to make the case that colloidal silver ingested by people who have been exposed to the invisible thread-and-fiber creating “nano materials” will turn into the inexplicably much-dreaded silver protein the body.

And what’s her evidence for this contention? Well, you probably won’t believe this, but for evidence of her contention, she quotes herself:

“Recent studies conducted by Staninger (2010) showed individuals who were exposed to advanced nano materials that were of thin film nano composite materials and exposed to colloidal silver could make silver protein as the colloidal silver materials would coat the surfaces of the cell membranes and interfere with the transportation of oxygen and carbon dioxide as carbon monoxide would bio-accumulate in peripheral blood. Analysis of the colloidal silver composition revealed to be composed of 96% silver in composition. The advanced nano material composite was further identified to contain a coating of silane and /or siloxanes, which will decompose into silica, silicon, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide in the presence of oxygen.”

Now that’s a mouthful, isn’t it? Setting aside for a moment the extremely unprofessional act of quoting yourself as the authority for one of your own contentions in a medical study, can you even remotely make out what her point is?

Me neither.

I’ve read a lot of medical studies, but never one that strung so many forty dollar words together without making a lick of sense.

And never one where the study’s author quotes her own unduplicated and non-pear reviewed previous research in order to demonstrate the validity of a contention in her newer research. That would never pass peer-review standards. And in her heart of hearts, I suspect Ms. Staninger knows it.

Huh? (Once Again)

Staninger’s so-called study then goes on to describe four study subjects who “were exposed to advanced nano materials that were from advanced nano thin film composite materials.”

There’s no explanation of what these “advanced nano materials from advanced nano thin film composite materials” were. But it sure sounds ominous, doesn’t it?

There is also no indication in the published version of the study as to how the individuals in the study were exposed to these “advanced nano materials.” Nor by whom. Nor for what purpose. Or even what the point is.

But apparently, best I can tell, these four study subjects are so-called Morgellons sufferers who think (or have been told) they have the mysterious, submicroscopic nano-bots in their bodies that produce fibers and threads in their skin.

2 Colloidal Silver Subjects

Staninger goes on to state, “Two of the females were given oral colloidal silver as a therapeutic therapy for exposure by their physician. The other two did not use any form of oral colloidal silver materials in their therapy.”

Hmmm. Two of the study subjects were given oral colloidal silver as a “therapeutic therapy.” As opposed to…what…a non-therapeutic therapy?

Okay, I’m nitpicking. But this is supposed to be a research study by a Ph.D. for goodness sakes. So why not be clear? And why not explain why these two subjects were given the colloidal silver in the first place? Did their physicians believe they had an infection?

All we know from Dr. Staninger’s description of her study is that the study subjects were supposedly “exposed to advanced nano materials that were from advanced nano thin film composite materials.”

So again, apparently all four study subjects had been exposed to those insidious, submicroscopic nano-bots, and two of the subjects were trying to get rid of them by ingesting colloidal silver.

Can you see where this is going?

Gross Professional Deficiences

Staninger’s study is supposed to prove her contention that colloidal silver poses dire “health hazards” and apparently should not be used by Morgellons victims.

Yet Dr. Staninger doesn’t even bother to document which type of colloidal silver product was used by the two subjects in question. This is particularly questionable considering her earlier contention that “Colloidal silver products are one of three types of products being sold as ‘colloidal silver’.”

So which type of silver did her “study” subjects use? Mild Silver Protein? Silver arsphenamine? Silver nitrate? Or just common (ionic) colloidal silver? Or something else?

What’s more, she doesn’t explain what source or brand of “colloidal silver” was used in the study.

And most importantly of all, she doesn’t even document what concentration of “colloidal silver” was used by the two main study subjects. Again, was it a common 10 ppm ionic silver solution? Or the highly concentrated 20,000 ppm silver protein product she discusses earlier in the study? Or one of the caustic chemical silver concoctions she rails about? Or something else?

Who knows? Dr. Staninger simply doesn’t tell, even though this is vital information that could go a long way to explaining the study results.

In my view, these are all gross professional deficiencies in the reporting of any legitimate medical study.

But then again, the person who conducted and wrote this study apparently believes invisible nano-materials are invading our bodies and turning us into thread-and-fiber producing bio-factories. And that she has discovered a special bath concoction based on an old railroad degreaser and some other products that will help cure victims of this horrific malady.

So what did you expect?

A Conclusion that Means…What?

In her study Staninger goes on to explain that the two colloidal silver-using subjects took 60 drops of “oral colloidal silver materials,” three times a day, for 30 days prior to blood tests for silver exposure.

Dr. Staninger concludes her study by claiming her analysis of the study results demonstrate that the two individuals who had taken these “oral colloidal silver materials” three times a day for 30 days ended up with silver levels in their bodies that were above guideline levels established by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Agency.

What’s more, the two individuals in the study who did not take colloidal silver did not have silver levels exceeding the OSHA guidelines.

All I can say in response is, “Uh…Doh!”

After all, if you take large amounts of an undisclosed form of colloidal silver, at an undisclosed concentration, for 30 straight days, there’s every possibility you could end up with overly high blood levels of silver afterward.

Study Subject Had Kidney and Liver Disease

Finally, Dr. Staninger openly admits in her “study” that one of the only two colloidal silver-using subjects began the study with kidney and liver disease (i.e., “polycystic liver and kidney disease”). And she explains that it was this particular subject who had the highest levels of silver in her body after the 30-day exposure.

Again…“Doh!”

After all, depending upon the severity of the kidney and liver disease (which, like other crucial information, was undisclosed in the study), this could have dramatically limited that person’s excretion of colloidal silver in the first place.

Not a particularly good study subject, if you ask me. And that was one of the only two patients who took colloidal silver.

In other words, the way I read the study is that half of the study results in relation to colloidal silver were effectively skewed from the start.

A Controversial Contention

What’s more, under the sub-headline “Primary Harmful Effects of Silver,” Dr. Staninger states, “All forms of silver are extremely cumulative once they enter body tissues, and very little is excreted.”

This of course flies directly into the face of the 1999 Altman Study (i.e., “Colloidal Silver: Where Does It Go When You Drink It? How Long Does It Stay There?”), which concluded:

“Ingestion of properly prepared CS does not result in silver accumulating in the body. There is no evidence that silver deposits significantly in hair or fingernails and, in fact, the data support the conclusion that after taking more than 2 mg of CS per day for several months, silver seems to be purged from the body (mostly through urine) at about the same rate at which it is consumed. Furthermore, upon terminating CS intake, it appears that as much as half the silver residing in body tissue will be purged (through urine and feces, but more and more through feces as time goes on) in less than a month. Even this relatively short residence time could be reduced substantially if several liters of water were consumed daily.”

Biased?

In the end, the Staninger study has every appearance to me of being specifically designed to scare so-called “Morgellons disease” victims away from using colloidal silver.

The study is prominently plastered on Dr. Staninger’s official web site where you can also learn more about her recommended Willard Water-based (i.e., “Introductory Detox Kit”) bath therapy for the treatment of Morgellons.

To the best of my understanding, this is known in scientific circles as study bias. And, of course, it is a big no-no for professionals of Dr. Staninger’s supposed caliber.

Now I’m no scientist. I’m a journalist. And these are merely my humble, uneducated opinions. I’ll let you form your own opinions as to whether I’m right or wrong.

My Final Thoughts…

Although I am a long-time advocate of the safe, responsible, common-sense usage of colloidal silver, I find it ridiculous to have to defend colloidal silver usage in relation to a “disease” that may or may not even exist…

…particularly when the vast majority of its proponents appear to be claiming it is caused by “self-replicating, submicroscopic nano-bots” that cause the human body to sprout colored threads and fibers.

But since Dr. Staninger’s “research” is now being touted by others across the internet as concrete proof of the alleged “dangers” of colloidal silver, I felt it was necessary to take a broader journalistic look at the whole story, and allow readers to decide for themselves how much merit her study should be accredited.

Post Script

As a post script, I’d like to state that I’m not claiming all self-described Morgellons victims are delusional. Or that they have nothing wrong with them at all.

Indeed, some Morgellons victims may have legitimate skin conditions or infections, such as dermatitis, psoriasis, ringworm, staph, or even topical fungal infections (or a combination of some of these) that might very well respond positively to colloidal silver treatment.

Topical bacterial or fungal infestations could very well explain the incredible success stories many Morgellons victims have discussed online in relation to colloidal silver usage. After all, historically, colloidal silver is a well-known remedy for topical infections of all sorts, and for the healing of the skin in general.

Another possibility is that some cases of so-called Morgellons disease – or at least some of the symptoms -- may be strange manifestations of the better-known Lyme disease. Earlier today I received this interesting tidbit of information from George Foss, former general manager of Kayser Nutrition:

"Three members of the Morgellons Research Foundation, including Raphael Stricker, Director and former President of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS), and Ginger Savely, also an ILADS member, authored an article about Morgellons published by the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology in early 2006.

The authors wrote that "Morgellons disease may be linked to an undefined infectious process," and reported that many patients with Morgellons disease have positive Western blots for Borrelia burgdorferi, the causative agent of Lyme disease, and treatment with anti-bacterials appropriate for Lyme disease leads to remission of Morgellons symptoms in most patients"

Now I know that’s not half as interesting as the “...self-assembling, self-replicating nano-bots…” that many Morgellons victims believe they have operating inside of their bodies. But it could go a long way toward explaining why colloidal silver seems to work so well for so many Morgellons sufferers.

After all, if treatment with “anti-bacterials appropriate for Lyme disease” (I’m assuming the journal authors are referring to prescription antibiotic drugs) is leading to remissions of Morgellons symptoms “in most patients,” then colloidal silver should work too.

You see, over the years many Lyme disease victims have reported significant relief of their symptoms after use of colloidal silver. This includes Dr. M. Paul Farber, a Lyme disease victim who was so enthused with his success with colloidal silver that he wrote a 600-plus page book about it called The Micro-Silver Bullet: A Scientifically Documented Answer to the Three Largest Epidemics in the World: Lyme Disease, Aids Virus, Yeast Infection (and the Common Cold). (Read more about Dr. Farber’s book, here.)

On the other hand, researchers from the State University of New York at Stony Brook have also claimed that Morgellons skin fibers could come from Agrobacterium, a plant-infecting organism known to induce cellulose fibers at infected sites within plant tissues.

Agrobacterium is already known to be responsible for opportunistic infections in humans with weakened immune systems, though it has not been shown to be a primary pathogen in otherwise healthy individuals. But so many self-described Morgellons victims also report weakened immunity that the Agrobacterium may be a real possibility. Of course, as Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D., reported many years ago, silver seems to be a potent immune system booster, which, once again, could explain why many Morgellons victims report significant benefits from colloidal silver usage.

Finally, some open-minded health professionals believe that Morgellons disease is a condition with unknown etiology, likely to be discovered and confirmed by future research.

Now I don’t know. I don’t in the least bit claim to be a Morgellons disease expert. But as a 20-plus year victim of chronic fatigue syndrome, I certainly can sympathize with self-described Morgellons disease victims who have had to suffer through hearing their doctors tell them that their very real symptoms are "all in their head."

Something is causing their symptoms, and though I personally lean toward the idea that it's an infection of some kind, I can't be sure. Nevertheless, I think victims of this strange malady are being taken for a ride by the crowd telling them they've been infested with "submicroscopic, self-assembling, self-replicating nano-bots" that have turned their skin into thread factories. This kind of chicanery can only make their suffering -- and their victimization -- worse.

Finally, I personally know of individuals who claim to have Morgellons disease, and who use colloidal silver, and who claim that it provides them with significant relief. None of these individuals seem crazy to me.

What I do know is that until Dr. Staninger’s “study” depicting colloidal silver as a human “health hazard” is duplicated by bona fide clinical researchers with no vested interest in the results or in competing health products, the conclusion she has come to will always stand suspect in my mind.

FWIW, here are several discussions on treatments that different people have used:
http://earthclinic.com/CURES/morgellons.html

Some of them might be worth a try, but nobody seems to explain the real reason why. Worth digging deeper, maybe. There is a suggestion that it might be good to do a heavy metal detox, and also use sulfur supplements. They don't mention DMSO directly, except for one person who used it with garlic, but it could be good. Obviously, ignore the comments about MMS.

Laura said:
She pioneered the use of biological monitoring tests for targeting organ exposure to parent compounds, metabolites and their xenobiotics. Her research has opened the door of protenomics, enzynomics and genomics as recognized by Johns Hopkins University, Pandey Lab and Harvard University Medical College's small molecule genome project.

I suppose we could write to them to check this out.

But a search at PubMed returns 0 articles for Staninger. She hasn't published anything that would back up the CV she describes.

Laura said:
Not to mention the fact that she appears to be working on cleaning up a lot of cash.

This is what bothers me the most. In the radio show, we were asked to give our professional backgrounds because inquiring people would like to know that the advice they're given comes from reliable sources. It was supposed to be a show about "snake oil" for God's sake.

Using the name on her book we find:
http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Lake-Mary/hy-tox-inc-3670793.aspx

Hy-Tox, Inc.
Officers

* Staninger, Rudolf J
o Treasurer
o Chairman
* Sacarello, Ralph M.
o Director
o President
* Sacarello, Hildegarde L.
o Vice President
o Secretary
o Director

Hy-Tox, Inc. has a location in Lake Mary, FL. Active officers include Staninger, Rudolf J, Sacarello, Ralph M. and Sacarello, Hildegarde L..

Filings: Domestic for Profit Corporation (FL - Inactive)
State of Record: FL
State Reference ID: K71919
Registered Agent: Sacarello, Hildegarde L. A. Staniger
File Date: Friday, March 10, 1989
Active: False
Filing Type: Domestic for Profit Corporation
1401 Bristol Park Pl
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Source: Florida Department of State last refreshed Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This page: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Lake-Mary/sacarello-ralph-m-690526.aspx

leads to this site: _http://www.hildegardvonbingen.at/?gclid=COKo_O6G26kCFZQNfAodzT4DbQ

which then leads to this page: _http://www.hildegardvonbingen.de/

Next we find this page: http://www.flmds.com/Clinical_Laboratory_Personnel_HILDEGARDE_S_SACARELLO
Florida Health Care Professionals by County

Clinical Laboratory Personnel HILDEGARDE S SACARELLO

Summary: HILDEGARDE SACARELLO received a Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel license on (unknown).

Next:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1991-09-23/business/9109210206_1_drug-test-hair-testing-hair-drug

COVER STORY
Using Hair To Check Employees For Drugs Creating Controversy

September 23, 1991|By Richard Burnett of The Sentinel Staff

Anita Nabors faced a hairy situation one day last October.

Her employer, Kirchman Corp. of Altamonte Springs, decided to put all of its employees through a drug test - using their hair.

Nabors, uncertain about the test's reliability, refused to take it.

Instead of her hair being cut, Nabors was cut - from Kirchman's payroll.

A legal challenge of the firing has propelled her into a national controversy pitting drug testing and privacy rights in the workplace. The debate centers on whether hair analysis is a reliable and valid method for determining illegal-drug use.

''Hair testing for drugs is not a proven test at this time, and we do not recommend that it be used as a free-standing test for the workplace,'' said Bob Stephenson, a spokesman for the National Institute on Drug Abuse in Washington. ''The appropriateness of it for use in the workplace and the criminal justice system will just have to wait until we've completed the basic science.''

About 120 companies nationwide, including several in Central Florida, analyze their employees' hair for traces of illegal drugs, according to Psychemedics Inc., a Santa Monica, Calif., company that has commercialized the test. Unlike Kirchman, most of the companies use the test in pre-employment screening, not for existing workers.

''It is no doubt an emerging technology,'' said Harvey Landress, deputy director of Operation PAR (Parental Awareness and Responsibility), a non-profit drug treatment and research program in St. Petersburg.

''I believe that it is at the position now that urine testing was 15 years ago,'' Landress said. ''Now urine testing is widely accepted.''

Scientists at government agencies, such as the institute on drug abuse, say more research is needed to determine whether the test is consistently accurate. There are simply too many unanswered questions, they say.

Hair analysis looks into the hair shaft for cocaine metabolites, the drug's residue after it has passed through the body's system, said Hildegarde Sacarello, a toxicologist for Hy-Tox Inc., a Lake Mary company that provides drug-testing services for businesses and individuals.

But people can innocently acquire drug traces in a number of ways, she said.

The dental anesthetic Novocaine, for example, produces the same metabolite as cocaine, according to Sacarello, who has been an expert witness for both the defense and prosecution in drug-related cases.

As well, with the pervasiveness of cocaine in South Florida, some of the money there has been contaminated with cocaine. People who handle money often, and then touch their hair, could have the drug show up in a hair drug test, Sacarello said.

Hair testing also raises the question of privacy and how much an employer should know about workers. Because it could trace back several years, she said, an employee could be judged for something that could be described as experimental, one-time drug use.

''They could be punished for something that happened a long time ago that is no longer occurring,'' Sacarello said.

Questions about hair analysis have made the procedure unacceptable in court, too, said Lynn Bowman, a toxicologist and senior analyst for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's crime lab in Orlando. {...}

You can download her book here: _http://fleconnect.com/book/307719

Another Orlando Sentinel article that mentions her in the context of the above identified company that she co-owned here:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-11-26/business/9211250102_1_niosh-growers-toxicologists

She was a co-owner of another company, see here:
http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Altamonte-Springs/biotox-inc-6433914.aspx

Biotox, Inc.
Biotox, Inc. has a location in Altamonte Springs, FL. Active officers include Cheryl S Ward and Hildegarde L Sacarello.

Filings: Domestic for Profit Corporation (FL - Inactive)
State of Record: FL
State Reference ID: P93000042265
Registered Agent: Cheryl S Ward
File Date: Thursday, June 10, 1993
Active: False
Filing Type: Domestic for Profit Corporation
58 Douglas Ave Ste 1110
Altamonte Springs, FL 3271

Source: Florida Department of State last refreshed Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Obit of her mother here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1985-11-15/news/0340360088_1_mims-visiting-hours-vina

Vina F. Staninger, 68, 3835 Pennsylvania Ave., Mims, died...
November 15, 1985

Vina F. Staninger, 68, 3835 Pennsylvania Ave., Mims, died Wednesday. Born in Simpson, Pa., she moved to Mims from Columbus, Ga., in 1959. She was a homemaker. Survivors: husband, Rudolf; daughters, Vina Lisa Fejeran, Savannah, Ga., Hildegarde Sacarello, Jupiter; brother, Vincent Butkevits, Elmont, N.Y.; sisters, Helen Pace, Blanche Pace, both of Whiting, N.J.; four grandchildren. Visiting hours: 6 to 8 p.m. today. Funeral: 2 p.m. Saturday. Brevard Funeral Home North, Titusville

... which tells us that her maiden name is Staninger and her married name is Sacarello.

Another item: http://www.dldewey.com/misc/stan.htm

FAR-INFRARED RADIANT HEAT (FIR RH) TYPE REMEDIATON
FOR MOLD and OTHER UNIQUE DISEASES

Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, RIET-1
Industrial Toxicologist/IH & Doctor of Integrative Medicine
Integrative Health International, LLC
12235 E. Centralia St. Lakewood, CA 90715
Tel: 562-402-7300 Fax: 562-402-7308
© October 18, 2006
Presented at the
NREP Annual Conference in Nashville, TN, October 18th, 2006
for the National Registry of Environmental Professionals
P.0. Box 2099, Glenview, IL 60025
Phone: 847-724-6631, Fax: 847-724-4223

ABSTRACT

Far-Infrared Radiant Heat (FIR RH) has many known names, such as the bridge of Terra Hertz and many others. It is made up of no photons and only 1/2 electron spin that gives it its unique qualities to aid oneself in the remediation of the contamination within one's own body and in one's indoor environment. We naturally acquire it from the sun with all the other spectrum specific wavelengths of visible and invisible light. It is the grounding rod of the life force of a single cell, just as it is the universal remedial means for purifying many different items that have a common molecule of water in them. A detailed account of its applications in environmental health and engineering will be discussed in its application of mold and other unique diseases that have affected our bodies, homes, workplaces and environment.

It seems a bit airy-fairy to me.

Another associate: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Miami-Lakes/sacarello-hildegarde-l-a/28951491.aspx

Sacarello,Hildegarde L.A has a location in Miami Lakes, FL. Active officers include Mathrole, Jon D. and Sacarello,Hildegarde L.A.

She's been on the airy-fairy track for a bit:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi/noframes/read/165246

Rumor Mill News Reading Room Archive

The Eye of Horus Effect--Exposure to Aerial Biological Pesticides--By Hildegarde Staninger, Ph.D.

Posted By: CrystalRiver [Send E-Mail]
Date: Friday, 22-Jan-2010 14:33:38

In Response To: Completion of My Comment--Why I Know Nano is Involved! (CrystalRiver)

Exposure to Aerial Biological Pesticides
The Eye of Horus Effect

by Hildegarde Staninger, Ph.D., RIET-I, Industrial Toxicologist © Sept 8, 2009
Integrative Health Systems, LLC, 415 3/4th N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004
Tel: 323-466-2599 Fax: 323-466-2774 e-Mail: ihs-drhildy@sbcglobal.net

ABSTRACT:

“The Eye of Horus Effect” is coined after the Wdjet or Eye of the Moon, and afterwards known as the Eye of Ra or Udjat. It is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection and royal power from deities, in this case from Horus or Ra. The symbol is seen on images of Horus’ mother, Isis, and on other deities associated with her. During the early months of 2008 in specific locations of the State of California aerial spraying of a biological pesticide designed to kill the Brown Moth through the use of phermones. Field and clinical observations were made for ocular exposure the dye used to coat the nano or microspheres in the aerial spraying of this new and applied “safer” pesticide. It was suspected that some kind of invisible fluorescent dye was applied to the microspheres. Random individuals consented to having their eyes exposed to UV-B light to observe any accumulation of this dye chemically known as fluorscenethiocyanate. Specific parts of the sclera were examined and revealed fluorescent “highlighter yellow” pigmentation on various sections of the sclera and eye, which matched ancient Egyptian symbols for the Eye of Horus. These symbols were then matched to specific Ancient Egyptian measurement system, the Eye of Horus defining an Old Kingdom rounded off number one (1) = ½ + ¼ + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64, by throwing away 1/64th. The dye is used specifically in bionanotechnology studies to monitor cell receptor sites, such as the olfactory system and pheromones that cause fear. Currently, pheromone fear and infrared invisible dye marking is being applied to nonlethal weapon and riot control research and technologies.

Here she's on the chemtrail bandwagon:

_http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=170709.0;wap2

Chemtrail activists collect evidence that the chemtrail spray contains not only germs(7) but conductive metals, blood cells,(8) carbon powders, sedatives, nano-particulates, crystalline substances, alumina particulates, barium powders, and a kind of polyethylene-silicon fiber.(9)

Recently, Dr. Hildegarde Staninger,(10) an industrial toxicologist, and Dr. Mike Castle,(11) a polyethylene expert and chemtrail activist, put their heads together to determine whether the nano fibers growing out of the skin of people who have the fiber disease, Morgellons, and the nano fibers from chemtrails have any relationship to each other.

People with Morgellons have different colors of nano fibers growing out of non-healing sores on their bodies. Chemtrail fallout has similar, many-colored fibers that look very much like the Morgellons fibers. These fibers are on you and in your home. You can find them with a fluorescent, black light. Ultraviolet light makes them glow. Use a magnifying glass, too.

A number of fibers and tissue samples collected from Morgellons victims and samples of chemtrail fibers were sent to four of the best labs in our country: AMDL, Inc., ACS, Inc., MIT, and Lambda Solutions, Inc.. Castle and Staninger asked these labs to identify these fibers. What came back from the labs is startling(12) and is discussed in detail in "Rense Morgellons Radio Broadcasts, No. 7 and No. 11."(13) Dr. Staninger has further determined that Texas chemtrail fibers show a match with chemtrail fibers from Italy.(14)

The chemtrail fibers are a kind of infant, "pre-Morgellons" fiber. The Morgellons fibers are more developed, but the fibers are related to the type of nanotechnology that assembles nanowires. From online radio host and Peabody award winner, Jeff Rense, we learn that Morgellons is:

A communicable (nanotechnology triggered?) invasion of human tissues in the form of self-assembling, self-replicating visible tubes, colored fibers, wires, arrays with what seem to be sensors or 'antennae', and other visible configurations, some carrying what may be genetically-altered and spliced DNA/RNA. These (nano-triggered) 'machines' thrive in alkaline ph conditions and use the body's bio-electric energy, its minerals and other unidentified elements for power.

Remember these key terms: "self-replicate, sensors, alkaline, minerals, and bio-electric energy." There is more from the Rense definition of Morgellons:

There is some evidence suggesting these tiny machines possess their own internal 'batteries.' They are also believed to possibly be able to receive specific tuned microwave, EMF and ELF signals and information. . . . It is reported by nearly all afflicted that Morgellons nano machines seem to have some kind of hive or 'group intelligence.(15)

Can the chemtrail nano fibers breakup to become nano particles? Dr. Staninger seems to think they might.(16) Nano particles can pass through the blood barriers in the lungs, enter the bloodstream, and travel to the brain or other parts of the body. In the online journal "Nature," Jim Giles had this to say:

Nanoparticles - tiny lumps of matter that could one day to be used to build faster computer circuits and improve drug delivery systems - can travel to the brain after being inhaled, according to researchers from the United States.(17)

Dr. Staninger thinks that these nano particles may be able to self-assemble into full-grown nanowires once they are in the brain or other organs.(18) She says we eat this nanotechnology; it is in our food - the plants and animals. She says it copies the DNA of germs or certain other cells that it is in contact with on the inside of our bodies. It makes more germs, more cancers. One kind of nanowire is implicated in the creation of pseudo-hair and pseudo-skin. One woman with Morgellons has tested positive for the pseudo-hair. These self-replicating proteins even create chimeric forms that look a lot like insects or parasites. Babies are being born with these nano machines in them. This is proof that this nanotechnology can pass through the protective barriers in the body.

Dr. Castle has stated that he believes that at least one to twenty million Americans have these sensors, antennae, wires, and arrays inside of their bodies. Morgellons is spreading at the rate of a 1,000 victims a day. That rate will increase because with each year there will be more and more victims to spread it. People who do not outwardly exhibit Morgellons symptoms can still have the nano disease on the inside of their bodies. It is thought that the ones with the symptoms are the ones whose bodies are rejecting the fibers. No symptoms? Your body might be adjusting to the infestation.(19)

Another associate:
http://www.corporationwiki.com/South-Dakota/Wakonda/mathrole-jon-d-8408355.aspx
Jon D. Mathrole

Well, I gotta get to work. Ya'll have fun. Looks like a low-level legitimate technician of some sort who has possibly padded her bio and is either out to make money or is a planted agent in the alternative community. I could be wrong about that, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... swims like a duck...

I've been thinking about this Morgellon's a lot lately, mainly because a member of our extended family seems to have acquired it. Here's what I would do myself if I were in the situation.

1) An immediate relief experiment: Take 5 to 10 pounds of epsom salts and put it in a hot bath. Get in and have an ice pack for the head and some ice rolled in a towel for around the neck to keep the blood to the brain cool. Have someone dipping the epsom salts water out into a pot and re-heating it and pouring it back in continuously so that the heat is as hot as you can stand it for at LEAST 20 minutes. Watch TV or listen to your MP3 player to pass the time.

After 20 minutes, get out and rub DMSO mixed with Neem oil all over the body. It will stink to high heaven.

2) I'd get on doxycycline.

Now, the rationale for the epsom salts is this: Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, that is, a compound of magnesium, sulfur and oxygen. Very often, a strong brine solution can be antiseptic and this would certainly be a strong briney solution if you use 5 to 10 pounds in a tub of water. This antiseptic quality would penetrate some millimeters into the body since it is well absorbed into the skin.

The magnesium will increase the magnesium level in the blood also which is good.

Since it is a dehydrating agent, it will draw fluids to the surface and that will also bring out any foreign elements. When I was a kid and had festered splinters, my grandmother would soak it in epsom salts and it would draw the splinter out along with all the festering. It helps boils to open and drain too.

The sulfur part of it is also antiseptic as well as being necessary for many cellular functions.

http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/articles/Report_on_Absorption_of_magnesium_sulfate.pdf

FWIW, Alfalfa to get rid of Morgellons?
_http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=787510

The information below came from a coloidal silver email forum a suscribe to.

o: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:58:35 -0500
Alert
Subject: CS>alfalfa for mystery skin disease

For any of you following the mystery, or who knows about using
alfalfa....this was posted on a morgellons site
today......................I have been Morgellons sufferer for over ten
years.

Recently, I discovered, quite by accident, something that is
literally making it disappear from my BODY.

As I am sure fellow sufferers can relate to, over the years, I have
experimented with various "super baths," filling the tub with hot
water and puttibng in things like lemons, baking soda, dish
detergent, laundry detergent, alcohol, etc....well, one day about
four months ago, I was filling the bath and I was pretty dirty from
housecleaning so I put some Sun powdered laundry detergent with
colorsafe bleach into the water, just a tad, because it really cleans
the skin so good, and once I finish with the bath, I scrub it off
with regular soap and a scrubby thing that is regularly disinfected.

anyway, I left the bathroom for a minute or two and heard a crash
that sounded like one of my cats getting into something. When I
returned to the bathroom, nothing seemed amiss, so I got undressed
and slid into the water for a soak.

Everything seemed normal until the bubbles parted, and I got the
sight of a morgellons sufferers' lifetime: those black and grey
specks MIGRATING OUT OF MY SKIN AS FAST AS THEY COULD IN DROVES BY
THE HUNDREDS FROM EVERY SQUARE inch OF MY BODY!!!!!!!!

And even as I saw that, I also noticed several large oblong
things "dissolving" in the bottom of the tub. I picked one up, and
it was an alfalfa tablet. Then I noticed the bottle on the counter
next to the tub was overturned, and about 25 of them had fallen into
the water! They were the cause of the migration of all things
morgellon out of my skin in a fantastic migration for about an hour!
Brown flecks, black specks, fibers, white patches of fibers drifted
off the surface of my skin like No Problema, see ya later, something
I had NEVER BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH WITH ANY TOHER TOPICAL AGENT.

THE MIGHTY ALFALFA HAS SINCE CONQUERED MORGELLONS IN MY BODY.

The scabs are gone, the fibers are history, the patches of fibers are
all taped to a piece of wax paper and about to be sent off to a
research lab that has requested them.

I am sending you my testimonial in hopes that other sufferers will at
least know some relief from the scourge of the skin.

Dandelion the Flame Point Siamese must be credited with this
miraculous discovery. He is only three years old, but he's a hero to
his long-suffering Mommy!

I've done a little research on the mighty alfalfa, and apparently it
creates an alkaline environment in the body in which things like
CANCER and other diseases cannot survive. So, taking it internally
can only be a good thing, also; but it's the BATHS that made all the
difference in the world for me.

I also tried putting St. Johns Wort in the bath along with it, with
even better results. And for some reason, using the Sun powdered
laundry detergent with colorsafe bleach also helps facilitate the
migration of the specks.

God, I really hope this helps even one person as it has helped me.

It has cleared up my symptoms so completely that I kept forgetting to
post this information on the morgellons websites!!!!

--
ADDED: Just found it posted in this thread by Perceval back in 2006.

Catching up with this thread. What is very interesting in this context is the bit of info posted by dantem:

dantem said:
There's even some info about this Agrobacterium on wiki:

[...]Agrobacterium is well known for its ability to transfer DNA between itself and plants, and for this reason it has become an important tool for plant improvement by genetic engineering.

Agrobacterium in humans

Although generally seen as an infection in plants, Agrobacterium can be responsible for opportunistic infections in humans with weakened immune systems,[1][2] but has not been shown to be a primary pathogen in otherwise healthy individuals. A 2000 study published by the National Academy of Sciences suggested that Agrobacterium attaches to and genetically transforms several types of human cells by integrating its T-DNA into the human cell genome. The study was conducted under laboratory conditions and states that it does not draw any conclusions regarding related biological activity in nature.[3]

There is a conjectured connection with Morgellons syndrome. Dr. Stricker, along with Dr. Citovsky, MRF board member from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and an expert on plant pathogens, reported in January, 2007, thatMorgellons skin fibers appear to contain cellulose. Five skin samples of Morgellons patients contained evidence of DNA from Agrobacterium.[4]

Agrobacterium is listed as being the original source of genetic material that was transferred to these USA GMO foods [7]:

* Soybean
* Cotton
* Corn
* Sugar Beet
* Alfalfa
* Wheat
* Rapeseed Oil (Canola)
* Creeping bentgrass (for animal feed)

May be nothing, but when so little is known perhaps no connection should be ignored, so FWIW.

If there is a fungal component to Morgellons, then it would certainly be a doubly-good idea to get on the Paleo diet - hardcore.

That means 0 carbs, meat, and lots of animal fat.

[quote author="Session February 13, 2011"]
Q: (Galatea) Will colloidal silver help us fight the plague?

A: Not alone, but very helpful.

Q: (Galatea) Will our dietary changes help us fight it off?

A: Enormously!!! Especially fat consumption for cell protection.
[/quote]

The thing that has always bothered me about Morgellons is how on earth it could possibly cause such a weird variety of problems in the skin. I mean, the C's said it's an "off-planet plague", but let's get real: nanoscopic robots?!

But this seems to make sense:

_http://morgellons.org/faq-home.htm

To date, various clinicians have seen,and occasionally identified, certain common dermato-pathogens OR organisms not found on humans but on animals or on inert material. This suggests the possibility that the skin immunity of Morgellons is seriously deficient, allowing numerous animal or plant parasites to live on human skin.

That means maybe treating the symptoms with the epsom salt bath, reinforcing the immune system (and the whole body) at a cellular level with a good Paleodiet, and maybe tossing in some vit C (max dose until gurggly tummy occurs), DMSO topically, etc. I'd also take a silver product at least internally in case there is a bacterial component involved. LifeSilver really doesn't mess with intestinal bacteria like ionic silver does. I'm living proof!

The one thing we can be pretty sure of is that the vast majority of the people who are battling this disease are not laying off the carbs, and they most certainly are not getting enough animal fat. They probably never even considered diet and its effects on the immune system.

I think that would be a good start, anyway...

A few odds and ends that may be of use regarding morgelons

A study on DMSO effectiveness against specific mites:
_http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTOTAL-ZRSZ200706030.htm
Experimental observation on the in vitro killing effect of Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) on human mite Demodex and its mechanism of action
ZHAO Ya-e, GUO Na, ZHANG Ling-xiao(Department of Immunology and Pathogenic Biology, Medical School of Xi'an Jiao tong University, Xi'an 710061, China)
To investigate the in vitro killing effect of Dimethyl sufoxide (DMSO) on human mite Demodex and it mechanism of action, mites were collected with adhesive cellophane tape technique, the classical microscopic counting method was used to determine the killing effect of DMSO on mites and the dynamic observations were pictured with Motic Image DM software. It was demonstrated that significant difference in the in vitro killing effect of DMSO existed between the DMSO-treated group and the control group (P0.05). The killing effect positively correlated with concentration of drug and time of action., and the lowest effective concentration of DMSO to express its killing effect was 40%. Additionally, DMSO showed a better killing activity than 10% or 5% Lac sulfur (P0.05). After treatment with DMSO, mites were contracted and twisted with accelerated activity for a certain period of time, then their activities gradually slow down with the body turned to be transparent and finally they die. In conclusion, it is clear that DMSO has a powerful killing effect on human mite Demodex in vitro, whose mechanism of action might be due to the combined actions of contact killing, neuromuscular toxic action and deprivation of body fluids.

Thinking about it, I did wonder if perhaps the persons natural skin defences are compromised in some way (perhaps not enough fatty acids to keep the skins barriers intact or the body was under stress from elsewhere so unable to repair the skin).
Candida came to mind, as if it can cause gut permeability why not skin permeability?

_http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/603
What is the body's largest organ? Believe it or not, it's our skin. It holds together and shields our muscles, tissues, bones and internal organs. It takes a beating from the environment and our lifestyles, yet protects us.

The health of our skin, more often than not, reflects our internal environment: the environment of the gut. Skin disorders such as acne, rosacea, hives, dermatitis (atopic eczema), and psoriasis can signal food or inhalant allergies, candida (yeast), leaky gut syndrome, stress, less than optimal eating habits, and autoimmune responses.

_http://www.coconutdiet.com/skin_health.htm
The doctor tested for different yeast, fungus, ringworm, bacteria, allergens, and Demodex and Scabies mites. I didn't test positive for any of the allergens either time. When not using the coconut oil, my skin scrapings had increase numbers of Demodex in my sebaceous glands as well as in my hair follicles but there were no Scabies. There were minimal increases in bacteria and the yeast Candidia, but there was a marked increase in the fungus Malassezia Furfur, but not ringworm. This clearly explained why the antibiotics made things worse; I didn't have acne. Any bacteria was secondary, the main culprit was the fungus Malassezia Furfur which caused a condition called Pityrosporum Folliculitis. Using antibiotic reduced the bad as well as the good bacteria allowing the fungus to grow unchallenged. Additionally, although the Demodex mite lives in everyone's skin in small numbers, they multiply greatly in immune deficient host and they thrive on yeast in the body.

Since my experiment was intended to use the excess sebum that is present with acne to combine with the coconut oil to fight the bacteria that causes the acne, I failed to prove my hypothesis because my condition was misdiagnosed as acne and I don't have excess sebum. Hopefully someone reading this with confirmed excess sebum and acne would complete the experiment for me. However though, I do believe my theory was mostly right in that the coconut oil mixes with sebum in the skin which breaks the oil down into the healing fatty acids. In my case it just happened to be the anti-fungal activity of the fatty acids that cleared my skin. By eliminating the yeast, many of the mites starved. As my face healed and the irritation was less, the occurrence bacterial infections decreased.

Apart from killing the fungus/getting enough fatty acid, for repairing the gut (and skin) l-glutimine seems really useful.

_http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Glutamine-Can-Help-Tone-Your-Body-and-Tighten-Your-Skin&id=3514278
Firstly, you are probably wondering what glutamine is. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body used to help regulate cell growth and function. In addition to being produced by our bodies, glutamine can be found in beans, meats, fish, poultry, dairy products, many protein powders, and of course, on the shelves at your local supplement store in pure powder or pill form. Some of its benefits are that it serves as a "brain fuel" that increases brain function and mental activity, promotes a healthy digestive tract, significantly shortens the healing time of ulcers, reduces depression, impotence, fatigue; decreases sugar cravings and perhaps most important to us (considering this is a fitness article), it helps build and maintain muscle tissue through minimizing muscle deterioration and increasing protein metabolism AND glutamine also helps tighten skin which is perfect for someone who has recently lost a lot of weight.

The filament aspect of morgellons was always intersting....seems humans are not the only species that get this
Some other things that may be relevant
_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1297007
Catarrhal proventriculitis associated with a filamentous organism in pet birds.
Tsai SS, Park JH, Hirai K, Itakura C.
Source

Department of Comparative Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
Abstract

Catarrhal proventriculitis due to infection by an unidentified organism was diagnosed in 79 of 534 pet birds examined histologically. It was more prevalent in domestic birds (70 cases) than in imported ones (9 cases). A high incidence of the disease was encountered in budgerigars (Melopsittacus undulatus) and it was occasionally found in finches (Poephila gouldiae gouldiae), parakeets (Psittacula Krameri manillensis), Amazona parrots (Amazona aestiva aestiva) and cockatiels (Nymphicus hollandicus). The agent was a large filamentous rod, and was stained positively with Gram, GMS and PAS methods. Histologically, it induced a mild to moderate exudative or proliferative inflammation in the proventriculus. All the cases had an erosion in the gizzard. Ultrastructurally, the organism had a eukaryotic nucleus and three cell-wall layers. Concurrent infections were very common, including adenoviruses (37 cases), giardiasis (31 cases), candidiasis (13 cases), papovaviruses (11 cases) and knemidocoptic mites (11 cases).

Linking candida and gut health (and the above mention of bird gizzards), as the liver is involved in many of the bodies systems (including fat metabolism and tissues repair as far as I understand it), looking at liver health may also be useful.

_http://en.allexperts.com/q/Parrots-1638/2009/7/kakariki-1.htm
Ringworm is a possibility, a type of fungus rather than actually a worm, it usually looks like very dry or scabby skin. In humans a ringworm infection will result in a circular area of redness, itching and rash or scab near the center; however, ringworm can look like anything. It can be raised, flat or varied and accompanied by lots of itching or nearly none. In birds the skin is often grayish with feather loss.

If there is swelling and oozing, a welt-like skin lesion or several, Ulcerative Dermatitis needs to be considered. This usually results from an injury to the skin that infect with bacteria or fungus; or it could be from another underlying condition like fatty liver disease or diabetes.

The low carb paleo diet would certainly help the diabetes/fatty liver/lack of fatty acid for healthy skin angle, and eventually kill any (systematic) candida.
Topical application of DMSO (as Laura's suggests) and perhaps coconut oil (although not at the same time) may be beneficial, as well as focusing on gut health/intestinal repair. fwiw

Maybe Garlic intake and some topical applications can also help with this condition, it seems Garlic is an effective Quorum Sensing inhibitor:

_http://www.morgellons-disease-research.com/Morgellons-Message-Board/morgellons-treatment/5445-garlic-effective-quorem-sensing-inhibiter.html

Several opportunistic pathogens are capable of organized expression of their arsenal of virulence factors in eukaryotic hosts. In order to do this, the bacteria have developed a chemically based, command language referred to as quorum sensing (QS) (Fuqua et al., 1994Down). QS enables bacteria to keep track of their numbers, and is considered to afford them a mechanism for minimizing host responses by delaying the production of virulence factors until sufficient bacteria have been amassed to overwhelm host defence mechanisms. Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a prevalent opportunistic human pathogen and one of the most common Gram-negative bacteria found in nosocomial and life-threatening infections of immuno-compromised patients (van Delden & Iglewski, 1998Down). Patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) are especially predisposed to infection with P. aeruginosa, and the bacterium is, despite intensive antibiotic therapy, responsible for high rates of morbidity and mortality (Lyczak et al., 2002Down; Koch & Høiby, 2000Down). Alternative strategies to conventional antibiotic treatments are therefore required. Our recently published tool for high-throughput screening, the QS inhibitor (QSI)-selector has allowed us to identify natural sources of potential, non-toxic QSI compounds (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down). The presence of such compounds in certain natural foods is interesting since it suggests that the diet may, to some extent, offer a natural prophylaxis against chronic P. aeruginosa infections. Garlic is renowned for its anti-fungal, anti-cancer and anti-microbial activities. The anti-microbial activities have been related to the presence of growth-inhibitory compounds, such as allicin and related derivatives (Ankri & Mirelman, 1999Down), and QS-blocking properties of garlic have been reported by us (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down, Persson et al., 2005Down).

We have previously demonstrated that a crude extract of garlic specifically inhibits QS-regulated gene expression in P. aeruginosa, as judged from DNA microarray-based transcriptomic analysis (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down). The expression of 167 genes, 92 of which were regulated by QS, was repressed by the extract (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down). The mechanism by which garlic compounds block QS is presently unknown. However, the effect is at a post-transcriptional level, since the amounts of mRNA of neither lasI, lasR, rhlI nor rhlR (the key components of the Las and Rhl QS communication systems in P. aeruginosa) were notably affected by the garlic treatment (Rasmussen et al. 2005Down; unpublished results). This suggests that the QSI molecules interact directly with the QS receptors by either a competitive or a non-competitive N-acylhomoserine lactone mechanism. The garlic extract used in this study contained very low amounts of toxic compounds (such as allicin) (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down). Treatment of in vitro biofilms with this extract was found to dramatically reduce the tolerance of the bacteria to the antibiotic tobramycin (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down). In addition, the extract was capable of attenuating bacterial virulence in a Caenorhabditis elegans nematode infection model (Rasmussen et al., 2005Down). We have previously demonstrated that the QS system is in fact a useful drug target, and delivered a proof of concept in which we demonstrated that the blockade of QS with the drug C-30 represents an effective approach for interfering with biofilm tolerance to antibiotic treatments and for attenuating the virulence of P. aeruginosa in a mouse infection model (Wu et al., 2004Down; Hentzer et al., 2003Down). Recently we have shown that the activation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs) is blocked by P. aeruginosa QS signals in vitro (Bjarnsholt et al., 2005Down). In addition, QS mutants cause a faster activation of the host defence system in vivo (Bjarnsholt et al., 2005Down; Wu et al., 2001Down). These factors might account for the rapid clearing of bacteria deficient in QS (either by inactivating mutations or by treatment with QS-blocking drugs) as observed in mouse models of P. aeruginosa pulmonary infections (Wu et al., 2001Down, 2004; Hentzer et al., 2003Down; Bjarnsholt et al., 2005Down).

According to one patient testimony, sodium bicarbonate baths seemed to help her but dosage has be done carefully :

Dear Dr. Sircus,

I have had Morgellons for over 6 years – very nasty – and I know you are aware of our plight. I am now ready to start your transdermal magnesium therapy treatments but first I have to tell you something.

I would like you to know that bicarbonate baths really help me. But, and this is a big BUT, I use it with about 3 Lb’s of sea salt per bath and when I did 5 Lb’s of bicarbonate – I put myself into an alkaline state. The high salt content somehow opened up my skin to take in the bicarbonate – it came out of my skin for a few weeks!

Thank you,
Carola Dunham

I found something interesting here:
Connecting Morgellons with Toulene and Mercury Poisoning
April 28th, 2011 | Author: admin

Today, April 28, Pamela Crane is hosting Joe Keheler, Trisha Springstead, and Dr. Richard Springstead on Blog Talk Radio at 4 PM Pacific Time.

Joe states, “I know it is possible to get well. I know what I suffered from and what I think most are suffering from is mercury as a neurotoxin. It is treatable with chelation and changes in lifestyle.”

He goes on to theorize the interaction of both mercury and toulene create a toxic cocktail that has escalated the number of people afflicted with Morgellons.

He says, “I think toulene interacts with mercury to allow passage of this toxin into the nervous system.”

Many of the morgellons symptoms reported are associated with mercury poisoning and this further validates his working theory.

Please tune in at 4PM Pacific, 7Pm Eastern to hear this broadcast on a very intriguing theory to the cause and progression of Morgellons, aka Hyper-toxicity.

Dunno if it is possible to get a recording of the show, but it might be a clue as to why some people reported that spirulina had helped them reduce the symptoms. Maybe the DMSA protocol would be worth a try, together with Laura's suggestions?

Session 29 July 2006 said:
Q: (Perceval) What is the origin of Morgellons disease?

A: Off planet plague.

Q: (Galahad) Oh geez! (Perceval) Is it set to become more..eh..widespread throughout the…

A: To those who are genetically predisposed.

Q: (Perceval) Got a number?

A: Open.

Q: (Galahad) And is this something that the pathocrats are aware of and doing consciously?

A: No.

Besides focusing on the skin, I wonder what havoc is caused by or in parallel by this "plague" in deeper tissues? DMSO taken orally might figure high on my list.

And then there's this:

Session 13 Feb 2011 said:
(Psyche) Are we going to see a return of the Black Death?

A: Extremely likely.

Q: (Galaxia) In Europe first? Where's it gonna hit?

A: Wait and see.

Q: (Galaxia) Oh no! That's all I've got to say.

A: Those that have a certain genetic profile may suffer very little.

Q: (Andromeda) Is that any of us? (Galaxia) That doesn't sound like anybody is immune... like, "They'll suffer very little before they die!"

A: Smoking tobacco is a clue and an aid.

Q: (L) A clue to the genetic profile?

A: Yes.

I think increasing the daily dosage of nicotine would also figure high on my list. For anyone who isn't comfortable with smoking, you could even just fill the bathroom with tobacco smoke when you take baths, if inhaling too much directly makes you uncomfortable.

The reason I say this isn't just because of the plague-morgellons-tobacco connection the C's made. I'm thinking that direct contact from the smoke on the skin might help: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/227140-Indonesia-s-Griya-Balur-Clinic-touts-smoking-as-cure-for-cancer-autism-and-emphysema

...which may have something to do with the likely anti-fungal and anti-viral properties of tobacco smoke:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,10573.msg77578.html#msg77578

Superhuman people enjoy tobacco, the reason for this is that the Candida infection causes allergies to tobacco smoke, first and second hand. Doctors speculate that 60-80% of the American population suffer from Candida. I have once suffered from Candida and had loathed the smell of tobacco smoke, it seemed downright nasty, I was convinced smoking is bad. Now that I am free of Candida I love the smell of tobacco smoke, even if it is from nasty chemical ridden cigarettes like Newport and Marlboro, they still smell damn good, though I would never smoke such nasty things. I smoke roughly 2 packs a day of natural tobacco. I understand well that I absorb vitamin B3 from nicotine, all of the "health benefits" of Vitamin B3 are the "Health Consequences" of smoking (supressed appetite, regulated nervous system, faster metabolism, detoxification of the blood cappilaries.) I understand that people with Candida suffer allergies to tobacco smoke because the smoke itself is cleaning them of the Candida, creating a detox reaction. According to Dr. Saleh Naser, nicotine is anti-viral, I understand that vitamin B3 is both anti-viral and anti-fungal. They say that nicotine even cures Tuberculosis:

12. Shocker: Villain ‘Nicotine’ slays TB

_http://www.data-yard.net/10c/nicotine.htm

Nicotine sure is a villain, it has corrupted me so much as to commense intensely long hours of seeking the truth. I think you mentioned Carbon Monoxide? There is a little something mentioned of it here,

13. The Carbon Monoxide Paradox

_http://www.data-yard.net/10b/cm.htm

Something about Carbon Monoxide making you super-human, err immune to disease, err prevents strokes and heart-attacks. Some more interesting evidences here...

14. Parkinson’s Disease is associated with non-smoking.

_http://www.forces.org/evidence/carol/carol36.htm

15. Alzheimer’s Disease is associated with non-smoking.

_http://www.forces.org/evidence/carol/carol16.htm

I think someone mentioned activated charcoal as another useful application for morgellons (or indeed any seriously toxic condition) - it's usually made from burnt coconut shells so I wonder if there's a connection to coconut oil's usefulness.

Back
Top Bottom