Morgellons: Controversial disease doctors refuse to treat

Possibility of Being said:
ADDED: Just found it posted in this thread by Perceval back in 2006.

Catching up with this thread. What is very interesting in this context is the bit of info posted by dantem:

dantem said:
There's even some info about this Agrobacterium on wiki:

[...]Agrobacterium is well known for its ability to transfer DNA between itself and plants, and for this reason it has become an important tool for plant improvement by genetic engineering.

Agrobacterium in humans

Although generally seen as an infection in plants, Agrobacterium can be responsible for opportunistic infections in humans with weakened immune systems,[1][2] but has not been shown to be a primary pathogen in otherwise healthy individuals. A 2000 study published by the National Academy of Sciences suggested that Agrobacterium attaches to and genetically transforms several types of human cells by integrating its T-DNA into the human cell genome. The study was conducted under laboratory conditions and states that it does not draw any conclusions regarding related biological activity in nature.[3]

There is a conjectured connection with Morgellons syndrome. Dr. Stricker, along with Dr. Citovsky, MRF board member from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and an expert on plant pathogens, reported in January, 2007, thatMorgellons skin fibers appear to contain cellulose. Five skin samples of Morgellons patients contained evidence of DNA from Agrobacterium.[4]

Agrobacterium is listed as being the original source of genetic material that was transferred to these USA GMO foods [7]:

* Soybean
* Cotton
* Corn
* Sugar Beet
* Alfalfa
* Wheat
* Rapeseed Oil (Canola)
* Creeping bentgrass (for animal feed)

May be nothing, but when so little is known perhaps no connection should be ignored, so FWIW.

I think that's very interesting in light of this recent article on SOTT:

Dangerous new plant disease linked to genetically engineered crops and pesticides

ABC.net.au
Sun, 19 Jun 2011

US scientists claim to have discovered a dangerous new plant disease linked to genetically modified crops and the pesticides used on them.

The research, which is yet to be completed, suggests the pathogen could be the cause of recent widespread crop failure and miscarriages in livestock.

Emeritus Professor Don Huber from Perdue University says his research shows that animals fed on GM corn or soybeans may suffer serious health problems due to the pathogen.

"They're finding anywhere from 20 per cent to as much as 55 per cent of those [animals] will miscarriage or spontaneously abort," he said.

"It will kill a chicken embryo for instance in 24-48 hours."

Professor Huber says it isn't clear yet whether it is the GM crops or the use of the pesticide glyphosate that causes the pathogen. But he says his research shows both the pesticide and the GM crops also reduce the ability of plants to absorb nutrients from the soil that are necessary for animal health.

Professor Huber's concerns came to light in February this year after a private letter he wrote to US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary, Tom Vilsack, was leaked to the media.

The letter requested the USDA halt plans to approve GM alfalfa for the US market until further research could be done into the threats posed by the pathogen.

Another site not mentioned yet is The Charles E. Holman Foundation: _http://www.thecehf.org/index.php
which offers some possibly useful info included:

Morgellons Disease Treatments* _http://www.thecehf.org/morgellons-disease-patient-resources.html
(don't forget to go to the website and read their disclaimer)

BATHS

Vinegar - anywhere from a quart to a gallon distilled (some use apple cider vinegar)

Salts - everything from Mortons to Dead Sea
Epsom Salt - 4 cups in your bathwater / rinse after
Baking soda - as much as a full 'box' in your bathwater

Hydrogen Peroxide - one to four bottles in your bathwater

Borax - one to two cups in your bathwater

Head & Shoulders Extra Hair & Body - great for the shower, can be used all over

Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo Hair & Body - the 't' is for 'tar' soap

Johnson & Johnson No More Tears Baby Shampoo - great for face, eyes and lashes

Baking Soda and Alcohol - one cup soda and one pint alcohol

Oatmeal baths - many on the market (Aveeno makes a good one)

TOPICAL

Neo-Sporin + Pain Relief
apply directly on lesions

Vaseline

Vicks Vapor Rub
camphor & menthol has been touted by many to be 'soothing' to the skin

Bandaid Advanced Healing Blister - by Johnson and Johnson

Salicylic Acid Lotion - "Dermarest"

Salt paste rubs

Lidocaine type aerosol spray directly on lesions

Zinc Oxide wrap is soothing - for severe and painful lesions

Tea Tree Oil

Noxema

Gold Bond Powder wet/dry

HERBAL
Below is an herbal regimine developed by JWF, sometimes referred to as "Blue Skies - John". With Lymebusters being a 'members only' group now, I decided to post it here as I find it to be one of the most comprehensive herbal approaches to this illness. This document is crucial to all who are seeking a natural approach to healing. -Chas

(from John)
I am posting this in the hope that it may help someone in their recovery from Morgellons, and Lyme if you also have that infection.

When my wife and I were sick with Lyme and Morgellons, we were not sure what bacteria, fungus, yeast, or fill in the _____, came first, so I decided to go for the mow 'em down approach with the most powerful herbs that we could buy.

The most important herbs, depending on degree of 'herxing' are:

Cat's Claw, Teasel, Olive Leaf Extract, Seven Forest Herbal formulas for Spirochetes ,Triphala, and Sarsaparilla.

Also: 2 Kyolic Garlic formulas (Immune and Antioxidant), Pau d'Arco, Folic Acid, NAC(Cysteine), Ionic Silver, Oregano, and Grape Seed Extract.

Also Artemisinin if you suspect Babesia.

For Sanity: Aromatherapy: Menthol crystals diffused into bedroom & office- calming to nerves and whatever itches like hell.

Lifesaver: Kleen-em-Away (enzyme cleaner) or equivalent.

Each item has a purpose and some have several. Some are antibacterial, anti-fungal, and a dewormer. Others are for taking care of the die-off of bacteria, yeast, fungus, and worms and flukes if you have those.

We had neuro-Lyme symptoms to the extreme. About the only thing we didn't lose was our sense of humor- although we mostly laughed at ourselves.

I feel like our present good health is due to attacking all infection and infestation at the same time- because they reinforce and sustain each other.

Knock out one and the others invite another.

Until the answers are revealed through research, if ever, of what attacks first and what follows, that riddle may not make a difference in how you treat your health problem- specifically Morgellons, which seems to encompass many infections and infestations.

As a gentle reminder Cat's Claw helps over 200 known medical conditions, and for my wife and I it was as close to a silver bullet for the bad guys as you could find.

Blue Skies..........John

MEDICAL
Stromectol has shown to be mildly effective in relief of the 'crawlies'. Unfortunately, the amounts of Stromectol for the time-frame necessary to maintain relief, would be very costly and many insurance programs do not cover these types of medications.

Ivermectin, on the other hand, is the animal version of this same anti-parasitic and can be purchased fairly inexpensively at the local feed store. Protocols vary among patients, but 1cc (or 1ml) per hundred weight, taken orally (you can mix it with juice or water), seems to provide fairly quick relief. Some report success by taking the above dosage once every three days and, as symptoms lessen, titrate back to a once per week maintenence schedule, using the same dosage stated above. Some report using Ivermectin topically to help clear up the lesions.

Antibiotics are known to garner some success in some patients. But, unless you are seeing a Lyme Literate MD, you will most likely be given a script for a few weeks, if you're lucky. Some physicians are quick to say that this illness is no more than a subset of Lyme Disease: Unknown at this juncture. But, many who have MgD also test positive for Lyme Disease. Aggressive, long-term antibiotic therapy has turned many a life around, especially in chronic Lyme patients. Some MgD patients suspect that small dosage antibiotic treatment just seems to exacerbate the symptoms and simply make matters worse. As well, some who HAVE experienced relief from small dosage antibiotic treatments, usually have their symptoms return when the treatment is stopped.

There are also Helpful Letters there from Dr. Gergory V. Smith
To patients - Tips on surviving your Dr.'s Appointment
"a must read before you see your doctor..!"

For patients - After your DOP diagnosis "if they're calling this D.O.P. ...best they do it by the book..!"

To doctors - Dear Colleague
------
Click here for the Letter to your doctor (in pdf format)

Courtesy of OSU's
Randy S. Wymore, Ph.D.
and Rhonda Casey, D.O.

Randy S. Wymore said this:

[...]Morgellons is not a skin disease. It is a systemic condition affecting multiple organs. It does not seem to be highly contagious. People who “fight Morgellons” seem to do better than those who isolate themselves and resign themselves to a downward spiral. This is true of most chronic conditions. Just an observation.

Cure is a word I am hesitant to use, but I have met one person who has been symptom free for about 3 years after discontinuing treatment. That person reported that they did a long-term course of high-dose antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-helmenthic meds. Several people have claimed to be cured, but this is the only one I have personally met that has remained symptom-free for multiple years after discontinuing all treatments. I am not a physician and can give no recommendations for treatment. This person was not seen or treated by any physicians at OSU-CHS. I am merely passing this information on as a personal observation. I will keep working to try to identify the cause of Morgellons. At the moment I have no research-based, front-runners for the cause.

With respect,

RSW

Randy S. Wymore, Ph.D.
Director, OSU-CHS Center for the Investigation of Morgellons Disease
Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Oklahoma State University
Center for Health Sciences

Laura said:
Psyche said:
Mesa, AZ (PRWEB) March 30, 2010

Dr Hildegarde Staninger Ph.D., RIET-1, a Doctor of Integrative Medicine and an Industrial Toxicologist,<snip>

“My Detox Protocol is so effective at removing toxic chemicals, nano materials, and accelerating cell regeneration that I believe this protocol is not only the answer to Morgellons but is also the healing foundation that can empower our bodies to recover from any health condition.” Dr. Hildegarde Staninger is truly a pioneer for the entire medical community. Her mission has always been and will continue to be the science research necessary to keep us safe as we navigate and move forward into the world of Bio-Nanotechnology and beyond.

To learn more about Dr Staninger’s Detox Protocol and check out our special offer visit Healing Grapevine: http://products.healinggrapevine.com/specials.html

I don't know what her detox kit is exactly about, but I know she endorses micronized Zeolite.

I had a look. The kits are rather expensive so that's a red flag to me.

Here's where the kits come from: _http://www.espbotanicals.com/

Here's their patent _http://www.espbotanicals.com/U.S.Patent_No._7060306/7060306.pdf that basically tells you that all you are getting is a combination of pretty basic and well-known natural oils, butters, essences, etc. along with claims about it soothing psoriasis.

[...]

Here she recommends a colon cleanse: _http://www.healinggrapevine.com/recover-now/detox-protocols.html and when you go to the colon cleanse page, (_http://www.healinggrapevine.com/recover-now/detox-protocols/why-a-colon-cleanse.html ) you find you have to buy this expensive ANU stuff which is basically mineral water as far as I can see. [...]

It seems that those products are not related with Dr. Staninger. She had a fallout with the people from espbotanicals or healinggrapevine.com which is explained here:

_http://blog.healinggrapevine.com/morgellons/what-is-dr-staninger-doing/

What is Dr Staninger doing?
August 24th, 2010 | Author: Ramona

This post is written as the sole opinion of Ramona Melvin. These are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone else associated with the team at the Healing Grapevine.

I speak only for myself.

I am raising the white flag to openly discuss the issue of why Dr Staninger is trying to discredit the HGV.

It was only 2 months ago, in early June, that we were visiting her in LA. We gave her the first full outline on the membership site that would incorporate her protocol for recovery and the next details for what was needed to make this happen.

I will not go into a long airing of details, but we came away from that trip aware that we needed to re-work our agreement with her.

Among some of our decisions, the business partners here at the HGV decided we no longer wanted to carry Dr. Staninger’s entire line of endorsed products. Some of these are associated with her protocol for treating Morgellons and many are not.

We offered to re-build her own webstore for less than half the cost normally entailed because we wanted to be sure she had her own ability to sell anything she wanted.

What happened next came from a single moment of miscommunication. A misunderstanding that we have tried to correct many times; however, it is impossible to do so since she has refused to participate.

We gave Dr. S this proposal and waited for her to return our phone call. She never did. Instead, she hired an attorney and aggressively moved to restrict trade between the HGV and the few vendors we wanted to represent. She had them sign letters stating they would not sell directly to us.

The demand letter stated false allegations on how we built her website www.hildegarde-staninger.com without her permission.

I have hours of recorded calls with her discussing the strategies we were planning. She gave us the research papers and photographs to build the website and began talking to us about building another website dedicated to reporting on nanotechnology.

All of this was at no cost to her. She helped us get well and we wanted to spread the word. (This is where my father, an attorney, would smirk and shake his head at my naivety. Sigh.)

On July 23, she demanded we take down the H-S site. We did, even though it is a great loss for all those suffering and needing help. We have since been changing the webpages on HGV with as much grace as possible during this transition. We do not want to create any more fear and disappointment for the loyal group of readers who visit our site because we have become a trusted source for real answers and she has been the source of many answers.

I have to admit, up until yesterday, I had hoped she would stop calling me ‘enemy’ but obviously this is not her intent and so any references of her specific protocols still on the the website will come off; however, the articles written by me based on information she freely shared with me will not. This is my property and does not infringe or plagiarize her whatsoever.

I know I speak for the team when I say, we have no ill wishes or desire to take something away from Dr. Staninger. Our mission is quite the contrary and we wish to continue providing the truth and the ability for all of us to have an experience of being healthy without it costing ‘literally’ an arm and a leg… or in the case of the Morgellons community, their sanity and families.

Today the Healing Grapevine is focusing more attention on reporting the latest research that will uncover the issues for ALL our health concerns and complex diseases challenging our lives. We will keep looking for the answers from as many sources as possible.

I believe we are in a stage of evolution that is desperate to return to the way of our inherent natural processes for body health. The word on the street is moving away from the heavy use of prescriptive medicines and symptom-based treatment protocols employed today.

I believe we each have the right to choose what is the best course of treatment, based on solid education and understanding; to choose the best foods and lifestyle, based on having the real research for educating ourselves.

It saddens me to see the character assassinations occurring in the forums and public platforms that should be focusing on offering help and solutions.

Please, all of this needs to stop. Do not participate with forums willing to let this happen.

Please Dr. Staninger, put your attention back on what you should be doing in honor of your physician’s code and use your valuable time and resources to help human kind rather than fund a smear campaign.

I personally want nothing more than to offer the research of scientists willing to make a difference. I do this for selfish reasons. I want my kids to have a happy, healthy, vibrant life!

Thank you,
Ramona

PS to Dr Staninger, we have absolutely no power over Google or any other search engine to “un-google” you, so be mindful what you say because the internet is listening!

Well, they seem to be a very dubious organization.

Dr. Staninger products can be seen here:

_http://www.staningerreport.com/ecommerce/

Yeah, one of the FAR infrared saunas is over 4000 dollars!

Description of detox starte kit: (69.95)

This starter detoxification bundle includes Dr. Willard's Water (R) Concentrate (4 oz) in both clear and dark, Opaline Solutions (TM) Dry Oxy capsules (60 capsules), Opaline Solutions (TM) Wound Care & Detox Bath granules (8 oz) for bathing and soaking, and due to popular demand, we now include Grandma's Lye Soap. Used together in a two week period, this kit helps one to detox from both the inside and outside. The perfect kit to countdown to a special event or for a seasonal cleanse. Your energy level will soar as you purge toxins. One of our bestsellers. Buy one for yourself and your best friend. Dr. Staninger performed the clinical trials of all products in this kit for safety and effectiveness and uses these products regularly.

Another product:

IHS Bioethno Medicinal Botanicals of AntiquityTM Panos Blend provides tremendous health benefits as an ethnobotanical blend. Contains bitter melon, turmeric, maca, curcumin, graviola, tribulus terrestris, cinnamon, gingko biloba and alpha lipoic acid. 60 vegetarian capsules and rice flour. 1000 mg each.

Another:
Baci MiTM Medicinal Botanicals from the Sea are blends of sea vegetables and other natural Botanicals of AntiquityTM that are of the highest quality and Raman Certified for their purity by IEIA. Empress of the Jade contains kelp, Japanese wasabi, quercetin, dulse leaf and bladderwrack. 60 vegetarian capsules. 500 mg each. Increases cellular metabolism and enzymatic function. A natural source of iodine and super oxide dismutase (SOD). Effective for protecting against secondary ionized radiation poisoning and for natural thyroid health. Purifies blood, relieves stiffness and promotes adrenal and pituitary health. Take 2 capsules in AM preferably with a meal. Also beneficial for detoxification of heavy metals. A natural source of iodine that will not suppress normal thyroid function.

100% organic essential oil blend & herbal extracts for fat burning. Works best with Far Infrared equipment for synergistic results. CAUTION: this product contains capsicum so use sparingly and keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. We DO NOT recommend using 20 drops as directed on label.
USAGE:
ORAL: 1 drop in 8 ounces of purified water once daily. Increases fat metabolism and detoxification of stored hazardous toxins. SKIN: apply 1-2 drops and rub into targeted area. May add to 1 oz carrier oil such as organic almond, olive or jojoba oil. If irritation occurs, discontinue usage.

http://www.staningerreport.com/ecommerce/bundles-kits.html

Colon cleanse:

This combination of Happy Tummy, Jerusalem Artichoke Flour and Kinu Probiotic supplements is another key part of Dr. Staninger's detoxification protocol for her patients. Used regularly, this ultimate colon cleanse purges one's body of toxins built up over a lifetime and then reestablishes proper intestinal flora for boosting immunity and regaining health.

Jimmu Radiation Exposure Bundle (180.00)

Jimmu Bundle: Empress of the Dragon, Empress of the Jade, Golden Horde, and Florentine (Spinach) - all developed by Dr. Staninger for her patients to detoxify their bodies naturally and protect against environmental stress factors.

The Jimmu Bundle addresses the specific environmental health concerns of Secondary Ionized Radiation Exposure during aerial emissions, such as those found in source plumes (like the recent Japanese nuclear meltdowns) and carried by trade winds, and are created from natural sources of iodine unlike potassium iodide. The Jimmu Bundle is nearly a $20.00 savings over individual product purchases. This unique bundle also includes products not yet available except at IHS, LLC's clinic, such as Florentine (500 mg capsules of organic spinach) and Golden Horde (500 mg capsules containing parsley, black cherry bark, bee pollen, resveratrol, agaricus mushroom, chrysanthemum & cream of tartar, which is especially beneficial for protecting against radiation). The natural sources of iodine in the bundle will not suppress normal thyroid function.

Notice that she is promoting and selling Willard Water as part of her kits.

http://www.drugs.com/npp/willard-water.html

Willard Water

Common Name(s): Willard's water , catalyst altered water , CAW , carbonaceous activated water , Biowater
Uses of Willard Water

Historically used as a cure-all or panacea, however there are no proven pharmacological effects of Willard Water . In the past, it has been used as an industrial cleanser. The FDA does not recognize Willard Water as safe or effective.
Willard Water Dosing

Dosages vary according to application (eg, whether product is used in humans, pets or livestock, or plants). Review manufacturer's directions before using. When using Willard Water products manufactured by CAW Industries, Inc., any diluted solutions should be refrigerated for maximum benefits; boiling or freezing does not alter the efficacy of the products.
Contraindications

Avoid use in patients with known hypersensitivity reactions to any of the Willard Water ingredients.
Pregnancy/Lactation

Information regarding safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation is lacking.
Willard Water Interactions

None well documented.
Willard Water Adverse Reactions

The original manufacturers of Dr. Willard's Water , CAW Industries, Inc., claim that Willard Water has been analyzed by many reputable laboratories and always has found the product to be nontoxic, nonmutagenic, and noncarcinogenic.
Toxicology

No toxicity had been reported to the FDA as of 1982, and the product has not been generally associated with significant toxicity problems.
History

Willard Water is a product with a history that dates to the early 20th century. John Wesley Willard, Ph.D., a professor of chemistry at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology developed this product. During the 1930s, Willard patented an industrial cleanser used to degrease and clean train parts. The liquid was named “carbonaceous activated water” or “catalyst activated water.” 1

However, over the years, the product became legendary among townspeople who used Willard Water to treat practically every recognized animal and human disease. In the early 1970s, Willard distributed a product called Dr. Willard's Water XXX with lignite, which was advertised as a plant growth stimulator. In 1980, the CBS network program 60 Minutes featured Dr. Willard and the water, showing fruits and plants that had grown to many times their normal size, allegedly because of treatment with Willard Water . Thereafter, a national sales system developed, with some distributors suggesting exaggerated indications for the product, including the treatment of arthritis, acne, anxiety, nervous stomach, hypertension, ulcers, and baldness, and for food preservation, in addition to serving as a laundry aid and a treatment for bovine and feline leukemia. 1 , 2

The Willard family has acknowledged that the product does not have the capability to cure disease.
Chemistry

The formula of Willard Water appears to have changed over the decades. The FDA has found that various products contain combinations of rock salt, lignite, sodium metasilicate, sulfated castor oil, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulfate.

The original manufacturers of Dr. Willard's Water , CAW Industries, Inc., document the following recipe on their Web site: water, sodium metasilicate, sulfated castor oil, CAW micelle, refined lignite, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulfate. During Willard Water preparation, the molecular structure of water is altered by a catalyst and a “CAW micelle” is created, “making it behave in a manner that heretofore has not been reported in the literature,” as stated by Dr. Willard himself.

Antiphlogistine Poultice is a product that may relieve symptoms--it works on a variety of skin/muscles issues and has strong drawing power. I doubt if it is any sort of cure but it may relieve some suffering. I have used it for years on both my horses and myself with no side effects other that relief from pain and itching. Best of luck to all of you who are suffering from this horror.
shellycheval

Antiphlogistine Poultice

• Item Weight: 5.5 pounds
• Shipping Weight: 5.1 pounds
• ASIN: B0017QABQY
Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars
#6 Top Rated in Sports & Outdoors > Equestrian Sports > Horse Care Equipment > Nutritional Supplements & Remedies
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #46,894 in Kitchen & Dining (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Dining)
#42 in Sports & Outdoors > Equestrian Sports > Horse Care Equipment > Nutritional Supplements & Remedies

Manufacturer: W.F. Young
MEDICATED POULTICE DRESSING
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
FOR TEMPORARY RELIEF OF SWELLING, MUSCLE STRAIN, MUSCLE STIFFNESS, TENDON SORENESS.
THE TIME PROVEN NATURAL, NON-SYNTHETIC CLAY POULTICE HAS BEEN USED AND RECOMMENDED BY VETERINARIANS, TRAINERS AND BREEDERS FOR MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED YEARS.
Directions
Use heated (*) or unheated. Apply Antiphlogistine ® to moistened affected area - 1/2 inch thick - wrap with bandage, cover with Kraft Paper. Stays moist and is long active. It may be kept on affected area for up to 48 hours.
Active Ingredient
Methyl Salicylate 0.05%
Ingredients
KAOLIN, GLUCOSE, GLYCERIN, WATER, BORIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE, METHYL SALICYLATE, EUCALYPTUS OIL, PEPPERMINT OIL, AND SALICYLIC ACID
(*) Loosen lid before heating, but do not remove. Place tub in very hot water, 3/4 of the way up. Keep in water until reasonably warm - about 20 minutes.
Caution
Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid getting in eyes or mucous membranes. Do not apply to irritated skin or if irritation develops. If heated, test on back of hand before applying. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
Distributed by: W.F. Young, Inc., E. Longmeadow, MA 01028 ©WFY

5.0 out of 5 stars It never failed to heal, February 8, 2011
By
insight - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absorbine Antiphlogistine Poultice (Misc.)
I have been looking for this product Antiphlogistine Medicated Poultice for years since I purchased a jar in the 1960s for human use. That jar is almost empty having been used over the years on my own and others' cuts, infections, boils, and some non-identifiable rashes. It often heals overnight. Within 15-20 minutes of application, one can feel it getting warm and drawing out the soreness and pain. A dab on a band-aid or gauze to cover the affected area is enough. If the poultice in the jar dries out, mixing a little water in it will restore its pliancy.

The logo in the picture is the same, except for the horse! This product is great for human beings.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stuff!, January 20, 2011
By
Grammy M "Grammy" (Santa Cruz, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Not for human use?...I was told about this miracle product some 40 years ago by my pet's veterinarian who referred to it as
"Mississippi Mud". He had used it on wounded horses, and humans, in a war. He suggested I use it on a dog bite I received; I was able to purchase a 10 oz tube at our local drug store at the time. Within 15 minutes after applying the warmed poultice to my dog bite, the pain was GONE - the scarring is minimal as well! I have used this poultice on my family and my pets over these last 40 years for relief from various bites as from tics, spiders, etc. as well as on areas where we've removed redwood splinters from ourselves. I've never found this poultice in tubes again and had to resort to buying these large tubs but that's fine with me as long as I can still get it! I cannot recommend this for human use as it is not sold for that purpose, I can only say that it works
and it's a shame doctors and veterinarians don't seem to be familiar with it...
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars I agree w/ 1st Reviewer Phonemike, January 17, 2011
By
Dr. Todd A. Welliver - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
As a young child my mother told us her mother used this to relieve chest congestion. My mother used it on all four of us kids and as Phonemike ( first reviewer) pointed out it was available for Human use in Pharmacies. Why it got pulled out of the human theater I know not. ( Perhaps becuase company fears of Sue Happy Lawyers ). Regardless my mother would place the tube into a warm water bath ( Boiling pot of water on stove ) this cuased the salve to become more spreadable instead of it normal sticky very thick consistency. She would then spread it on a square pre cut piece of fabric ( usually cut from an old T shirt ) She'd use a Iceing knife or Butter knife to spread an even thin layer over the cloth. She would then insure it was not to hot to apply to the front chest wall and do the same on the back of the chest wall. The salve was still warm when applied and had a unique odor wouldn't call it a stink ( it does contain menthol )We generally had this applied before going to bed. I honestly don't know the science if any to it or what it did, but generally by the next day my chest didn't feel congested and I managed to cough up alot of Phlegm as if loosened over night by this stuff...... The stuff also would dry out under the cloth if difficult to review simply get into a warm shower the water would loosen the salve and allow easier removal of cloth and salve wash with soap and water to review remaining remanents. All I know is that as I got older when I felt congested or that I had mucus down there I couldn't expectorate I'd actually ask my mother to apply it. Even up into my twenties, later I applied it myself during severe chest colds. I am now a Medical Physician ( M.D. ) and as my education has taught me to use only evidence based medicine, all I can say is placebo or not this stuff has worked for me and I continue to use it to this day and will for my family.

Disclaimer: This review in no way endorses the use of this product for human use or for off label use from Manufactures Recomended uses. It is merely informational as to my own personal experiences with this product, myself being an MD I can not advocate or promote your personal use of this product as what PhoneMike has reviewed or I have, as always one should always speak to their OWN physician before using such products.

Side note: I do believe considering the other crap on the market listed as holistic or Natural or Nutracuetical, the manufacture of this product could list it as Nutracuetical and resubmit it into the market for such uses. With an included FDA has not valuated these claims statement as every other Nutracuetical non prescribed remedy has done so.

I hope this review has been helpful
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple uses, June 28, 2010
By
phonemike - See all my reviews
I used this product 34 years ago when it was available at the pharmacy for human use. I don't know who's idea it was to take it out of this catagory. I had shingles and was told by the Dr. that he could help the pain but not the virus. I put it on the sores on my face and in the morning I removed the bandage. To my surprise and horror I had large pits in my face where the shingles were. These healed completely without scaring. I have not had a reocurence since. I still use it for all our extended family without any negative reaction. Since, I don't know the resaon it is now for animals only, I can't say weather to use it otherwise. I will continue to do so. We put in in small bodies and divide among the families and it is very cheap this way. We use it on boil, splinters and anything else that needs a drawing salve.

Just to add to the mix here:

Horror as tiny worms with teeth attack Victorian couple
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/horror-as-tiny-worms-attack-victorian-couple/story-fn7x8me2-1226087494573

A VICTORIAN couple endured a health nightmare after tiny worms with teeth began eating through their bodies.

It is the first time humans have been infected by the parasite in Australia.

It is believed the couple became ill after eating a fish they caught on a WA camping holiday.

Alfred hospital infectious disease physician Andrew Fuller said that when the couple ate the fish, believed to be a black bream, they also ingested the gnathostomiasis larvae.

"The worms are 1-3mm long and have got these sharp little teeth and they can go anywhere they like in the body," Dr Fuller said.

The worm works its way around the human body until it dies or is killed by the immune system.

"They move under the skin and cause itchy lumps that can make you feel sick - and it can be very hard to diagnose."

The infected couple suffered muscle pain, fevers, vomiting and their skin began to look like orange peel.

They were given antibiotics and have recovered.

The worms can stay in a human for 15 years, leaving people chronically ill.

They can make their way into the brain, other organs and the spinal cord.

"They eat your tissues," Dr Fuller said.

He had treated 28 people with the condition, who all contracted it overseas.

Neither of the latest patients had been overseas.

Dr Fuller sent samples of their blood to Bangkok.

The fish was caught in the Calder River, north of Derby, and the incident was reported in The Australian Medical Journal.

In response to Morgellons link,

I've been reading about Morgellons quite a bit lately, since it is becoming more prevalent in society and I am absolutely horrified for these poor people that have acquired/contracted it and medical science doesn't want to treat... I have not read through all of these posts whether Morgellons could somehow be "fungal" in nature, but honestly, I am wondering if borax and borax/hydrogen peroxide would be helpful in these cases? I was suffering from ever increasing symptoms and worsening of Rosacea and had tried EVERYTHING, prescription or not over the past 8 years. Then I found earthclinic.com and read one of "Ted's Remedies" for controlling rosacea as well as other fungal/mite infections. First off, he recommends ingesting 1/8 tsp borax, i.e. 20 mule team (yes, you've read that right) *NOT boron*, in 1 liter (33 ounces approx.) water, 4 days a week. Also he states to take 3% hydrogen peroxide (without stabilizers-stabilizers are listed on bottle...I found my 3% peroxide w/o stabilizers at Family Dollar stores, of all places) and mix it, 2 parts DISTILLED water (10 OZ.) to 1 part of 3% peroxide (5 OZ.) Dissolve 1 TBSP borax into this. Shake up and apply to skin 1-3 times a day. Doing these 2 things have almost cured my rosacea COMPLETELY. I have to continue applying mixture every day, after washing face or it starts to come back. I was drinking borax mixture 4 days a week, every week until face was clear, then reducing to 2-3 days a week every week. For confirmation of these amounts and reader feedback for these remedies, go to earthclinic.com----rosacea remedies. This is the ONLY thing that has ever helped and I have even used the $100 prescription creams with NO results. Highly recommended! So MAYBE, if Morgellons is fungal in origin, somehow, it may help somebody that is suffering. Good Luck.

From this Morgellons forum thread:

_http://www.morgellons-disease-research.com/Morgellons-Message-Board/morgellons-treatment/2198-natural-dewormers.html

Herbs that have been successfully used for their deworming properties:

Wormwood
Black walnut (avoid walnut shavings for bedding)
Tansy
Rue
Fennel seeds
Clove buds
Ginger
Red clover
Horseradish
Thyme
Sienna
Cayenne pepper
raw garlic daily

The essential oil lavender, a parasiticidal, is known to help combat parasites.

Along those lines, I found this interesting info here: _https://humaworm.com/formula.html

THE HERBS - WHAT THEY ARE & WHAT THEY DO

THE PARASITE DESTROYERS

BLACK WALNUT– The dried and ground green hull of the Black Walnut contains tannin which is an organic iodine as well as juglandin, juglone and juglandic acids. It has been used for centuries to expel various types of worms including parasites that cause skin irritations – such as ringworm. It oxygenates the blood, which also helps to kill parasites. Black Walnut is very effective against tapeworms, pinworms, candida albicans (yeast infections) and malaria. It is also effective in reducing sugar levels, and helping the body rid itself of toxins.

WORMWOOD–The MOST POWERFUL of the parasite killing herb kingdom. It is most effective against roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and pinworms. Wormwood contains the toxins thujone and isothujone which are the components that kill parasites. Wormwood also contains santonin which is known as a remedy for parasitic diseases. It is the second most bitter herb known to man and has been proven as a POWERFUL remedy for malaria. Wormwood also contains sesquiterpene lactones, which work similar to peroxide by weakening the parasites membranes therefore killing them. Wormwood also helps produce bile, which in turn helps the liver and gallbladder.

CLOVES - Cloves contain eugenol, caryophyllene, and tannins which are powerful anti-microbial properties – these components are what actually travel in the bloodstream killing microscopic parasites and all parastitic larvae and eggs. Eugonal is the most powerful anti-microbial agents known. Eugonal kills all microscopic protoza and removes parasite eggs in every stage of development. Cloves are tremendously effective in killing malaria, tuberculosis, cholera, scabies and other parasites, viruses, bacteria and fungi including candida Cloves also destroy pseudomonas aeruginosa, all species of shigella, staph and strep.

THYME – Thyme contains thymol, carvacrol and flavonoids which are effective in killing bacteria (such as fungal infections ie: yeast infections) and are especially effective in killing hookworms, roundworms, threadworms and skin parasites.Thyme also destroys Cryptococcus neoformans, Aspergillus, Saprolegnia, and Zygorhynchus species. AND Salmonella typhimurium, Staphylococcus aureas, Escherichia coli and other bacterial species. As an antibiotic, thymol is 25 times more effective than phenol, but much less toxic. Thyme is the primary ingredient in LISTERINE MOUTHWASH because of its germ killing power. It is anti-viral and anti-fungal.

GARLIC - Garlic can slow and kill, more than sixty types of fungi and twenty types of bacteria, including some of the most potent viruses known to man. Garlic alone can help in controlling parasites. Garlic has a history of being able to kill parasites and control secondary fungal infections; detoxify and gently stimulate elimination; it also has antioxidant properties to protect against oxidation caused by parasites' toxins. Allicin and Ajoene, are the components in Garlic that kill parasites including the one-cell varaties as well as pinworms and hookworms. Garlic has antimicrobial activities (including anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-protozoal, and anti-parasitic) that kills: B. subtilis, E. coli, P. mirabilis, Salmonella typhi, methicillin-resistant Staph aureus, Staph faecalis, salmonella enteritidis, and V. cholerae ,staphylococcus, Escherichia, Proteus, Salmonella, Providencia, Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Hafnia, Aeromonas, Vibrio and Bacillus genera. Garlic is also very effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Garlic also kills Microsporum, Epidermophyton, Trichophyton, Rhodotorula, Torulopsis, Trichosporon, Cryptococcus neoformans, and Candida, including Candida albicans. Garlic also has anti-amoebic and anti-protozoan properties and is especially effective against Entamoeba histolytica and Paramecium caudatum.

FENNEL - This herb is known to be anti-parasitic. Fennel Seed is used to help remove and expel Parasites and their waste and from the body. Fennel is also very effective against Candida Albicans.

CAYENNE – Capsicum is the component in cayenne that destroys parasites. It is a very effective herb for the elimination of parasites.

GINGER – The components of gingerol (zingiberone, bisabolene, camphene, geranial, linalool and borneol) found in ginger are what destroys parasites including the roundworm, the blood fluke the anisakid worm, and bacteria including salmonella.

GENTIAN – This herb is wonderful for ridding the body of parasites including plasmodia which is the malaria causing parasite . It is more effective than quinine. Gentian is also good for treating anemia and counteracting the effects of parasite toxins in the body by stimulating the liver to produce more bile.

HYSSOP - Hyssop contains an essential hormone oil which is very effective in destroying a variety of parasites and is very effective against the herpes simplex virus.

BODY & BLOOD PURIFIERS - REMOVES TOXINS & RESTORES THE BODY

MILK THISTLE– The component that causes Milk Thistle to help in toxin clearance is silymarin. Milk Thistle aids in toxin clearance by promoting healthy liver cell regeneration and its antioxidant action protects against cell damage from toxins. Milk Thistle is most helpful for the body to clear toxins given off by parasites.

MARSHMALLOW ROOT– Marshmallow Root contains a great amount of mucilage – meaning when Marshmallow Root gets wet, it get very soft and sticky and soothes the mouth, throat, stomach and intestional tract. When the parasites are dislodged from tissue, the leave an open sore – the Marshmallow Root covers these sores so there will be no irritation.

PAU D' ARCO- Pau d’arco is used for Candida yeast infections (and other fungal infections) ,viral infections and parasitic infections. Also cystitis, prostatitis, ringworm, gonorrhea, and syphilis. Pau D’ Arco is one of the MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXDIENTS and immune system stimulates in the herbal kingdom.

BURDOCK - Removes accumulated waste (toxins) from the skin, kidneys, mucous and serous membranes. A very effective blood purifier, Burdock is wonderful for head, face and neck skin problems including, eczema, psoriasis, boils, carbuncles, styes, sores and dermatitis. Burdock is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial. It removes streptococcus and many species of fungi including ringworm.

ELECAMPANE – This herb is to the lungs what Marshmallow Root is to the digestive tract. It is a natural expectorant which helps to coat and soothe the lungs as impurities are coughed up. Elecampane also has an anti-bacterial effect that purifies the lungs.

FENUGREEK – Works very much like elecampane with an added blood purifying quality.

LICORICE - Licorice is also an expectorant and demulcent just like elecampane and fenugreek. It also is an anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and mild laxative. It purifies the organs, the endocrine system and especially the liver.

THE COLON & BOWEL HELPERS

BARBERRY – The ingredients of Barberry - berberine, columbamine, and oxyacanthine have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties with some suggestion that berberine sulfate might be amebicidal and trypanocida. Research indicates that berberine is specifically effective against cholera, giardia, shigella, salmonella and E. coli The berberine, aids in the secretion of bile and is good for liver problems, that is also a mild laxative, and helps the digestive processes. Berberine also fights Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Salmonella, Shigella and Eschorichia Coli, cholera and chronic candidiasis (yeast). Berberine is highly bactericidal, amoeboidal and trypanocidal. Barberry is antihelicobacter, fungicidal and anti-parasitic Barberry acts in the same way as chloramphenicol, a commonly prescribed antibiotic drug. Barberry helps to purify the respatory and digestive systems and also has a anti-parasitic effect.

CASCARA SAGRADA - Also known as Buckthorn, Cascara Sagrada stimulates increased wavelike contractions of the large intestine. Cascara has also been known to expel parasites through its wavelike actions in the lower intestines and is highly recommended for parasite removal. It is anti-virul. Cascara Sagrada is considered one of the safest laxatives and is useful in detoxifying the colon.

SENNA - Senna is a powerful laxative that is excellent for expelling worms. Senna works best when combined with other anthelmintic herbs, such as ginger or fennel. These herbs increase regularity and reduce the chance of bowel cramps due to senna’s strong action. Senna effectively cleans the elimination system and has a vermifuge action that repels parasites. (Senna is the ingredient in many over the counter laxatives, including Fletcher's Castoria™, Senokot™ and Innerclean Herbal Laxative.)

SAGE - Sage has the power to relax the muscles lining the digestive tract. Sage contains relatively high levels of thujone, which is the same ingredient in wormwood that kills parasites. Sage is also used to increase circulation and is considered to be an excellent remedy for poor digestion and stomach problems.

PSYLLIUM - Removes toxins from the colon and is especially useful in cleaning out all of the pockets that are in the colon wall. Psyllium swells up to 50 times it’s size and is powerfully effective in removing waste and toxins from the colon.

YELLOW DOCK – Works as a laxative, but unlike other laxatives, yellow dock also promotes bile flow which purifies the blood and is rich in digestible iron which helps restore the body.

CRAMP BARK - The components of Cramp Bark (Vitamin K, viburnin, isovalerianic acid, hydroquinines, coumarins, salicin, salicosides, arbutin, sterol, tannin, and resin) greatly calms gastrointestinal cramping by relaxing the smooth muscles. It also greatly helps general muscle cramping. This will reduce any cramping that might occur while your colon is working to expel parasites.

PEPPERMINT – Peppermint is well know for relieving indigestion, but it also relaxes the stomach muscles, relieves gas and is also good for nausea and vomiting. Peppermint also has anti-parasitic properties.

The above is from a site that promotes a worm cleanser called Humaworm, plus other bacteria/fungi/worm cleansers using old de-worming herbal remedies.

Unfortunately, I can't find information about who these people are. Their website says in About Us:

We are a family run business that specializes in the creation of herbal formulas for the removal of parasites and the cleansing and restoration of the organs. We use the best organic herbs available and meticulously maintain them so that they are effective.

We do not advertise but rely on "word - of - mouth" testimonials from our customers all over the world.

We promise to continue to produce the highest quality most affordable products available.

Thank you for all of your support!

Reba Bailey, ND
Owner & President
HUMAWORM and Huma Health

And their Contact Us page:

HUMA HEALTH &
HUMAWORM
15 CR 418
Oxford, MS 38655

662-701-6402

Monday - Friday 8am-3pm CST

Customer Service

EMAIL: customerservice@humaworm.com

Shippping Department

Email: shipping@humaworm.com

Please let them know if you have had any delivery problems or if you need special shipping for your order.

Printable Mail Order Form

Please send an email to mailorderform@humaworm.com for an auto reply that you can fill out and mail in.

Searching the name Reba Bailey doesn't give much results, and searching the company names provides links to blogs and forums with testimonials of people who tried the product.

They have a long testimonials page, but they write that they "do not and will not publish names for safety and privacy concerns".

Their product prices are not bad actually.

This is from their How we get Parasites pages:

HOW WE GET PARASITES IN THE FIRST PLACE

First, you need to understand that you’re not actually eating worms to become infected – you’re getting infected from the microscopic parasite eggs that can be virtually anywhere. If after reading this section you're thinking "If parasite eggs are everywhere and are so easy to obtain, then why aren't we ALL infected?" The answer? 90% of us ALREADY ARE. Here are some examples of how easily you can become a parasite host:

CONTAMINATED WATER
Water is the primary way parasites infect humans. For example, over 50% of our lakes, river streams and creeks are infected with the protozoa parasite Giardia Lambia. This parasite is not killed by chlorine and is steadily finding it’s way into urban areas with “treated” drinking water. Symptoms of an infestation include, diarrhea and cramping that lasts for over a week and is most often misdiagnosed as the stomach flu.
ALSO when swimmers have parasites and they swim in places with others, the water is then contaminated with eggs from their bodies. It only takes a very small amount of swallowed water to become infected.

OTHER HUMANS
You can obtain parasite eggs from other humans very easily. Since most infections come from the anal-oral route think about this – someone has parasites, they use the restroom, do not wash their hands afterwards, then they sit down and use the salt shaker on the restaurant’s table – they have just deposited microscopic eggs onto this object. You are the next person to sit at this table and use the salt shaker – you then lick your finger or even put your hand to your face – you are now the new host to parasites. Parasite eggs can live under human fingernails for up to 2 months. Think of how many common objects you come into contact with on a daily basis. Even more common infections come from kissing, holding hands, sharing eating utensils and of course, sexual contact.
Usually if one family member is a host to parasites, the entire family is infected. There are many parasite eggs that can live without a host for weeks – for example, microscopic pinworms eggs become airborne and can travel ANYWHERE and they can live for two days outside of a host. These microscopic eggs are inhaled where they then hatch inside your body.

ANIMALS
Animals, including pets, can spread 240 diseases to humans via parasites. By petting or grooming animals, you are picking up eggs that pass from them to us via hands, nose and mouth. ALSO parasite infected fleas and ticks and parasite infected animal feces are concerns. This is why walking barefoot where animals have defecated is a major source of parasite infections - especially when you CAN'T SEE the actual animal feces - you just happen to be walking where they have been before. THINK about this – when your pet (or someone else’s) licks their anus, they are depositing thousands of eggs onto their tongues – then they lick you and those eggs have just been transmitted to their new host. YOU. {I am bolding this part because i saw a few people in my life allowing their pets ti lick their faces and mouth} Americans now have the highest rate of toxoplasmosis parasites in the world. You have probably heard of this one as all pregnant women are warned about toxplasmosis because they can die from an infestation.
Pets and domesticated animals are not the only ones spreading parasites – mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, lice and all other biting insects transmit protozoa (one cell) parasites to humans.

MEATS
Undercooked meats are a very high source of parasite infections. Commercial pork products are also notorious for infections – bacon, ham, pork chops, cold cuts, hot dogs, etc. Also cuts of meat such as beef, lamb, chicken and fish contain parasite eggs. Sushi (raw fish) alone contains eggs and larvae of several species of parasites. We trust the cattle, pork and chicken producers to keep their livestock wormed on a regular basis, but over 50% of animals that go to slaughter are parasite infected.

FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Unwashed fruit and vegetables are also a big source of parasite carriers. A lot of vegetables are eaten raw and according to the Center for Disease Control diseases from fruit and vegetables are on the rise. With a huge demand for fruit and vegetables, we Americans import 30 billion tons of food per year. Some of this food comes from countries where animal manure and human feces are used as fertilizer. This practice greatly increases the spread of parasites. The practice of eating out is also on the rise. Salad bars, infected food handlers, and improperly washed fruits and vegetables are all sources for parasites.

TRAVEL
In our modern age, world travel is a way of life for many. These travelers are bringing home parasites that were once almost unknown in America. Airplanes are a great source for parasite transmission. It's very common for a family to go on vacation and bring back uninvited guests with them. We also have a huge influx of refugee and immigrant populations who are bringing us their countries’ parasites.

HOW YOU CAN HELP PREVENT INFESTATION
REMEMBER this – if parasites are so easy to “catch” then why isn’t everyone infected? Over 90% of us ALREADY ARE – it’s just the parasite’s mission to remain undetected.
Follow the age old advice of DON’T DRINK THE WATER – especially on camping trips, while traveling in foreign countries and when swimming in public places. Filtering your home drinking water also helps, as does boiling water to drink while away from home (camping, in foreign countries, etc.).
Avoid putting your hands in your mouth or touching your face and wash your hands often when out and about shopping, eating out, etc.
Worm your pets (and livestock) twice per year and do not walk barefoot where animals have been known to defecate. Do not allow animals to lick you in the face or mouth.
Thoroughly cook all meats – stay away from raw meats (including sushi) and cold cuts (including hot dogs) if possible.
Thoroughly wash all fruits and vegetables before consuming.
Deworm YOURSELF and your family twice per year to stay clear of any parasitic infestations!

And in the Parasites Types, they include some info about Morgellons at the end of this page:
_https://humaworm.com/parasitetypes.html

Whoever wrote this piece
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/234663-Morgellons-Disease-and-The-Quantum-Leap-of-Awareness

I would like to thank you for your detailed account and extend my sympathy for the ordeal you are going through. I am glad you are following dietary advice along with EE program and I am sure this will help immensely.

Someone mentioned somewhere on the forum that they cured their Morgellons with alfa alfa tablets, so this may be worth trying.

I was pretty shocked that doctor didn't pursue identification of the arthropods you harvested, what kind of medical professional would do that ?!
It's unclear from your account when was this happening but I was wondering if you still have some of these samples as I would really be interested to pop it under the microscope and have a look.

Take care

Hello everyone,

Has anyone suggested Oregano oil? It is an antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral amongst other things. Just make sure it is made from wild oregano. Here is a website with instructions on how to use it for Morgellons.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5627003_kill-morgellons-oregano-oil.html

Other than for morgellons, oregano oil works well for many different things:
- soar throat (will feel better within seconds of swallowing it)
- I use it everyday as a supplement in the winter
- It is great for burns (the only thing that will stop the pain immediately)
- will eradicate any pimple within a day
- mosquito bites

There are many other uses for it, however the above list is what I have tried it for.

Just a word of advise, the first time you use it, you will feel it burn all the way to your stomach!

Hope it helps.
Carkeys

Re: Morgellons in Balkans?

Morgellons has now officially hit Balkans as well, at least according to Serbian internet portal vestinet.rs

__http://www.vestinet.rs/pogledi/gmo-ili-chemtrails-strasna-misteriozna-bolest-dosla-u-srbiju

here is the translation (lots of folks in Balkans still believe in chem-trails ):

Mysterious skin disease, characterized by scabs with fibrous structure affecting Novi Sad resident Aranka Lukac has roused serbian public. Russian Pravda already reported about it. Ecologists connect it with "chemtrails" or poisonous white trails ejected by airplanes while most of the doctors never heard of Morgellon's disease.
Aranka's phone never stopped ringing every since she disclosed her mysterious disease to Pravda.

"I only wish to find out what is the cause of this disease and if it is contagious. I dont know what to think, what would you feel if you had wounds sprouting worm like fibers all over your body and face ." says Aranka.

Blindness and Memory Loss

According to US Health Agency so far 60,000 people in the world has contracted this disease. The affected develop skin lesions with fiber structures accompanied with strong pains and crawling sensation under the skin. The fibers have fungal structure but being extremely long, about 150 micrometers on average they cannot be classified as any known fungal species.

Apart from open lesions other symptoms include general fatigue, memory loss, blindness as well as gastrointestinal problems.

Nano- Particles as Cause
The president of Ecological organization Nikola Aleksic is positive Morgellons is now present in Serbia.
" I am familiar with Aranka Lukac's case and her symptoms are worrisome. This is very dangerous disease and shouldn't be ignored. Even Pravda reported about airplanes which disperse poisonous aerosols. These aerosols contain toxic chemicals, bacteria, viruses and even nano- particles which are probably the cause of this disease."

Inadequate Research
"It is strange that none of the doctors who examined Aranka suspected Morgellons or at least questioned what is going on. Perhaps they are not supposed to mention Morgellons because it is much easier to diagnose someone as hypochondriac then to explain how this disease came to Serbia. " - said Aleksic
Biologist Dejan Markus, who lives in Boston for past 7 years says this disease is known to US public but it is not researched properly.

"Few years ago US Congress allocated funds for Morgellons research and only in January this year some very obscure information was published. They said this is unknown field and the research continues. Some connect this disease with genetically modified organisms and this is something our state should pay attention to.

Epidemic in Russia

In February 2013 Russian TV One - aired the show with Valentina Serova from Rostov who claims they have outbreak ofMorgellons epidemic. After the media frenzy - Russian Association for Genetic Safety chief - Irina Ermakova stated that most of the affected people in Rostov region lived near the fields where trans-genetic research was underway. But she denied this is state responsibility.

I never saw something like this...
Municipal institute for Skin and STD Dr Aadamovic said this is the first time he ever heard that skin can produce fibrous structures like the ones Aranka Likac has.

" I never saw something like this and I cannot say anything until the patient is examined and all necessary tests are carried out. As far as Morgellons goes I am afraid I cannot say much as I dont have information about this disease"- says Dr. Adamovic

My skin is cracking and some creatures are crawling out

Aranka Lukac is visiting doctors for 3 months now seeking to get proper diagnosis and it does look like she has contracted mysterious disease with painful lesions producing fibrous threads which is known as Morgellons. This disease was first time detected in 2002 and officially it hasn't been registered in Serbia. It is not really clear how contagious Morgellons is.

Five Different Diagnoses

64 year old Aranka experienced the first symptoms later last year when she would often feel exhausted.
"by the end of the year my skin started flaking, but real torment came in January this year, when I got a rush all over my body literally over night. There were painful blisters which were growing bigger. My doctor diagnosed me with Psoriasis and prescribed cream but this didn't help at all. On the contrary. After three days the blisters darkened and started to open up and this is when I experienced horror. Something started coming out of the sores. It looked like little worms and if I pulled on this substance and severed it - it would harden and became like silicone. I was in the state of shock as this was reminiscent of bad horror movie." says Aranka.
Fibers Even Inside the Mouth
This rush continued to spread so she went to the doctors again. this time to The Institute for Hygiene.
-I asked for lesions to be swabbed and analyzed but they said they dont do this sort of tests. In my municipal health center I was diagnosed with atypical sun allergy and they gave me another ointment. Again no effect. Next morning when I found this horrendous fiber in my mouth I started to despair. Rush on my face was getting worse by the day and I had sensation of thousands of ants crawling all over my face. The doctors were baffled and said this is "some strange allergy". - Lukac says.
She started to suspect she has contracted Morgellons when she saw the pictures of the person with identical skin changes sprouting white fibrous matter.
"I saw my illness on these photos and when they translated the text I recognized all of my symptoms. Currently the rash has receded but I am afraid my symptoms might get worse as it seems this disease develops in stages." says Aranka Lukac.

GMO Food as The Cause

At Vojvodina Public Health Institute they say that there are no recorded cases of Morgellons in Serbia but epidemiologist dr Branko Tiodorovic thinks this is not outside realm of possibilities.
"For now there is only suspicions, but no poof this disease can spread from one person to another. It doesn't help that there are no sufficient information about this disease and it is very difficult to identify it. Its worth noting that it has been theorized this disease is connected to use of GMO food" - says Dr Tiodorovic.

Didn't know where else to put this (moderators, feel free to move it), but since Laura brought up Joni Mitchell -- I thought this brief video interview with her was interesting, particularly her bleak expectation of the future for the U.S., comparing its leadership and people to those of Nazi Germany before World War II.

_http://youtu.be/zluo5_0ZjTA?t=4m20s

An artistic genius, for sure, 70 years old, vital, composing poetry and music, painting, occasionally performing. And she must infuriate the anti-smoking crowd, as she's been smoking heavily for 61 years. : )

PopHistorian said:
Didn't know where else to put this (moderators, feel free to move it), but since Laura brought up Joni Mitchell -- I thought this brief video interview with her was interesting, particularly her bleak expectation of the future for the U.S., comparing its leadership and people to those of Nazi Germany before World War II.

_http://youtu.be/zluo5_0ZjTA?t=4m20s

An artistic genius, for sure, 70 years old, vital, composing poetry and music, painting, occasionally performing. And she must infuriate the anti-smoking crowd, as she's been smoking heavily for 61 years. : )

This sounded interesting however your above web address didn't work. Can you please provide an actual link to directly connect to the information you are referencing, thank you.

Hi Jasmine - the link is correct (at least, it works for me). Copy and paste it without the leading underscore into any browser's URL field and press the Enter key.

On this page alone, you will find twelve other examples of links presented in this format, to prevent them being tracked as referrals from this forum.

Back
Top Bottom