Na Severu ... a Czech web full of SOTT

@anka you will have a bit of work with the feature photo re> Caputovej politics.
It is rendered with some effects and its large, ca 1mb. Problem is, when I'm trying to resize it down to 50kb it is unusable. Even 100kb is of visibly poorer quality, check the preview of saved draft. Other then that, I've changed few words in the title and tags are there too.

@Mikkael The article is published. I changed the title, put the important text in bold, added our commentary with couple of links and date to the header. The feature image is also compressed. I mostly use GIMP which lets me to convert an extra large image to RGB (if they are in some super strange format), then I resize them (portrait with horizontal size 600 pixels, vertical adjusts automatically), crop it or change resolution to 72dpi when needed and then save in JPG format, compression 60%. That usually does the job for me. It takes a bit longer then some quick automatic resizing SW but it gives me full spectrum of options.

You can also get extra SEO points when you write the chosen keyword into the Alternative text in feature image (not in caption).

@rylek The almond milk article ready for PR.
@anka PR done, good article choice! I added a short comment about oxalates.

Otherwise I'm pretty much finished with Joe's article 'From Belfast to Baghdad' but haven't done a full read through plus the optimization thingies. Will leave it till tomorrow and let you know when it's ready :cool:

@Mikkael The article is published. I changed the title, put the important text in bold, added our commentary with couple of links and date to the header. The feature image is also compressed. I mostly use GIMP which lets me to convert an extra large image to RGB (if they are in some super strange format), then I resize them (portrait with horizontal size 600 pixels, vertical adjusts automatically), crop it or change resolution to 72dpi when needed and then save in JPG format, compression 60%. That usually does the job for me. It takes a bit longer then some quick automatic resizing SW but it gives me full spectrum of options.

You can also get extra SEO points when you write the chosen keyword into the Alternative text in feature image (not in caption).
Thanks for useful guide, for next time.. Have good day folks!

@anka The 'Belfast to Baghdad' articles is now ready for PR, whenever you have a minute that would be much appreciated. I did my best with the SEO thingies but maybe more can be done to improve the score 👍

@anka The 'Belfast to Baghdad' articles is now ready for PR, whenever you have a minute that would be much appreciated. I did my best with the SEO thingies but maybe more can be done to improve the score 👍
Man, you are translator unleashed! Thumbs up!

Rolling up the sleeves, and it is OPCW showtime! I'm beginning my work on this one:

Another good choice there, Mikkael.

Alright, in light of the most watched news item over the last few months I'll next take this piece:
It will fit in nicely with the other already translated articles about the cosmic viruses topic.

Guys in their top form it seems ;) :sewing:

I gave a bit of extra push to the 'From Belfast to Baghdad' article (well done, rylek) on FB.

The following two pieces have just been translated/published but PR would be nice.

And then there is this excellent one:
which would be great to do, IMHO, but it can also wait. What do you think?

I am in the meantime processing my old homework, Vagus nerve...

And then there is this excellent one:
which would be great to do, IMHO, but it can also wait. What do you think?
I didn't get to read it yet, but I'm already have my target article. Let's see who will take the bait ;-)

Just a quick update on how the web is performing. In January our activity went up a bit and it's been reflected by number of visitors. The trend that was starting to show by the end of the last year is now pretty solid. 300 unique IP visits a day stable average, sometimes more. Over 5.000 unique IPs every month is the last half a year's minimum number of visitors.

We publish 4 articles every three days and despite being a tiny web, some of articles are being republished by big alternative sites or a renowned public person on FB, on average 2-3 a month. The latest one was just today (AC24.cz did From Belfast to Belgrade). Some guy from prepper forum Rozpad.cz caught the Corona virus article and we had lots of people from them since - these preppers are not dumb obviously and look around what's going on. Other recent blockbuster was 'smoking is good' one and stuff about ice age and anti-AGW always has its readers.

Targeted promotion on social networks still pays off (mainly FB) but it's becoming clear that we are recently more and more being found via search engines (we are SEO masters now, guys :cool2:) and also direct visits by returning visitors.

SimilarWeb.com statistics show that we perform better in Slovakia than in Czech which means we really are a CzechoSlovakian platform and there are not that many in the pond.

If we keep the bar at this level (or even raise it up), we can consider giving the web a new coat for the second anniversary in June. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Thank for holding the flag up, guys. I am enjoying the mission with you. Salute! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom