NeuroFeedback, NeurOptimal and Electroencephalography

Had my 18th session after a two-month hiatus. I'm notably calmer and less impulsive in my disposition when at the therapist's office. I feel it working on a different level than before. I asked for the original music to be put on instead of the new NO3 soundtrack. Now with more demands at work, I think the NO is more relevant and applicable than ever.

Had my 18th session after a two-month hiatus. I'm notably calmer and less impulsive in my disposition when at the therapist's office. I feel it working on a different level than before. I asked for the original music to be put on instead of the new NO3 soundtrack. Now with more demands at work, I think the NO is more relevant and applicable than ever.
I'm curious as to why you prefer no2 soundtrack over the NO3 one as I have not heard that one yet.

I'm curious as to why you prefer no2 soundtrack over the NO3 one as I have not heard that one yet.
Hi DBZ,

It's probably a combination of things!

I had vaguely remembered a member mentioning that they had also preferred the NO2 music - though I may be mistaken as I tried to look for that post but couldn't find it. Maybe just my old brain playing tricks on me again. Anyway that felt like the main reason why I chose the old track!

My therapist mentioned that some of his clients had also preferred the old music. The new soundtrack has a much more ambient and immersive feel compared to the original NO2. I guess the familiarity with the old soundtrack along with the associations that could have been built up due to many sessions with that same music made it something I wanted to try out again.

I noticed though that at the end of the session, the music (NO2 soundtrack on NO3) abruptly cut off instead of playing all the way to the end, though it wasn't big deal.

I noticed though that at the end of the session, the music (NO2 soundtrack on NO3) abruptly cut off instead of playing all the way to the end, though it wasn't big deal.

That’s easy enough to fix - you can stretch the music file by a small amount in programs like “Audacity”, and then you can pitch shift up by the same percentage (as now the soundtrack plays in a slightly lower pitch) to maintain the original pitch.

That’s easy enough to fix - you can stretch the music file by a small amount in programs like “Audacity”, and then you can pitch shift up by the same percentage (as now the soundtrack plays in a slightly lower pitch) to maintain the original pitch.

There's 2 versions of the NO2 music, normal and extended. The extended one is for the 40 something minute sessions which may work for no3 better.

Thanks for the tips nicklebleu & DBZ! If I get the chance to own my own system, I could definitely tinker around with this.

I think the clip was too long, rather than too short, though. The regular length clip I got from DBZ is 33:45 minutes long, and I reckon that the music cut off right around the 33:00 minute mark, which I believe is the length of a standard NO3 session now?

Rien à signaler pour la séance 6 du 10 septembre.
Pas de rêves avec ma Maman dont je me souvienne…
Ce matin le 15 septembre j’ai fait ma séance 7, beaucoup de « clics » et plusieurs interruptions plus longues que d’habitude et même quelques fois répétées, ce qui m’a inquiétée car j’ai pensé avoir fait quelque chose pas correctement, la musique s’interrompait mais les images continuaient et le temps défilait normalement… J’attends de voir ce qui va se passer…
Je pense faire ma séance 8 lundi 17 septembre… Il ne me restera plus que 2 séances.

Nothing to report for session 6 on September 10.
No dreams with my Mommy that I remember...
This morning on September 15th I did my session 7, many "clicks" and several interruptions longer than usual and even sometimes repeated, which worried me because I thought I had done something wrong, the music was interrupted but the images were still going on and the time was running normally... I am waiting to see what will happen...
I plan to do my session on Monday, September 17... I will only have 2 sessions left.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

PERLOU, don't worry. I think that we are in different moods, are thinking about different things, different things going on subconsciously and so on for each session we have. I have had the same thing happen to me (well, not dreaming of my mother, but only a few clicks in one session to more clicks in another session with big cutoffs. to lots of clicks in one part....and on and on) so don't feel you did anything wrong. Actually, there is no doing something wrong. NO just deals with what is going on at the time of the session.

I also think we hit plateaues (although this is just my non-scientific, biased opinion :-)) where it seems nothing is happening. But, there may be something happening that we just are not aware of because it is at the subconscious/unconscious level.

So just hang in there and don't overthink nor beat yourself up over what you perceive as happening. It isn't a test, after all so there is no right nor wrong. :hug:

PERLOU, ne t'inquiète pas. Je pense que nous sommes d'humeur différente, que nous pensons à des choses différentes, que nous pensons à des choses différentes, que des choses différentes se passent inconsciemment et ainsi de suite pour chaque séance que nous avons. J'ai eu la même chose qui m'est arrivée (enfin, je ne rêve pas de ma mère, mais seulement quelques clics dans une session à plusieurs clics dans une autre session avec de grosses coupures... à beaucoup de clics dans une partie... et ainsi de suite) donc ne vous sentez rien avoir mal fait. En fait, il n'y a rien à faire de mal. NO s'occupe simplement de ce qui se passe au moment de la session.

Je pense aussi que nous avons atteint des plateaux (bien que ce ne soit que mon opinion non scientifique et biaisée -:-)) où il semble que rien ne se passe. Mais, il se peut qu'il se passe quelque chose dont nous ne sommes tout simplement pas conscients parce que c'est au niveau du subconscient ou de l'inconscient.

Alors, accrochez-vous et ne réfléchissez pas trop et ne vous en prenez pas trop à ce que vous percevez comme étant ce qui se passe. Ce n'est pas un test, après tout, donc il n'y a ni bien ni mal. :hug:

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator

Merci Nienna, voici ce que m'a répondu Aurélia Egretteau ce matin :
"Pour les interruptions, elles peuvent être diverses : denses, brèves, subliminales, longues.... tout cela en fonction de votre activité cérébrale."
Nous avons un rendez vous téléphonique demain matin à8h30 en France, je vous en dirai plus...

Thank you Nienna, here is what Aurélia Egretteau replied to me this morning:
"For interruptions, they can be diverse: dense, brief, subliminal, long.... all depending on your brain activity."
We have a telephone appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30 am in France, I will tell you more...

Just wanted to update you all on my NO sessions. The kids and I had about 7 or 8 sessions when we visited the Château in June, and upon my return I organised to rent out a unit which I received last week. I’m about 10 sessions in. The most significant change I’ve noticed is a deeper connection to my intuition, especially with my kids, and I seem to be sleeping better. Interestingly, after the first few days both my son and I noticed that our tummies were a bit off, we both went to the loo more often. A few more sessions in and I’ve noticed that my intuition/‘gut feel’ has been spot on - more so than usual. Perhaps NO also impacts the second/original brain i.e. the gut?

Will report back as we continue with the sessions.

Interestingly, after the first few days both my son and I noticed that our tummies were a bit off, we both went to the loo more often. A few more sessions in and I’ve noticed that my intuition/‘gut feel’ has been spot on - more so than usual. Perhaps NO also impacts the second/original brain i.e. the gut?

Healing developmental trauma gives hints to this idea. Our operating system spreads across whole body, not just brain. NO tunes the whole system and your tummy disturbance doesn't look as completely unexpected reaction.

Just wanted to update you all on my NO sessions. The kids and I had about 7 or 8 sessions when we visited the Château in June, and upon my return I organised to rent out a unit which I received last week. I’m about 10 sessions in. The most significant change I’ve noticed is a deeper connection to my intuition, especially with my kids, and I seem to be sleeping better. Interestingly, after the first few days both my son and I noticed that our tummies were a bit off, we both went to the loo more often. A few more sessions in and I’ve noticed that my intuition/‘gut feel’ has been spot on - more so than usual. Perhaps NO also impacts the second/original brain i.e. the gut?

Will report back as we continue with the sessions.

Very glad that you were able to get a rental unit! We enjoyed your visit so much and it's good to hear that things are proceeding!

Last edited:
Very glad that you were able to get a rental unit! We enjoyed your visit so much and it's good to hear that things are proceeding!

Thank you Laura, we enjoyed our stay as well- the kids loved meeting all of you and I can’t thank you all enough for your hospitality. My girl has moved down to Sydney since we got back (we’ve kinda hit the ground running upon our return) so she hasn’t had as many sessions, but I hope to visit her soon and take the unit with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my 34th session yesterday. I fell asleep again and woke up feeling pretty groggy, which lasted most of the afternoon. Maybe I was just tired from the a few late nights on the weekend. I've booked in for another 4 weekly sessions, I'll see how I go after that. I still much prefer renting a machine and doing it at home, so maybe after that I'll look into that again finances permitting.

I've been doing NO3 training every day for a little more than 1 month now (thanks to a kind forum member who made the unit available). The effects that I can observe so far are as follows.

* Everything looks sharper immediately after a session (the clean windshield effect mentioned in the book A Symphony in the Brain).
* Further reduction in social anxiety (continue from my last 1 month training with NO2 about 5 months ago).
* More patience and much better ability to control my emotion. For example, when my daughter is pushing the boundaries with her behaviours, I raise voice at her to correct it, but feel no anger inside.
* More motivation and a feeling of better control over my life (more internal locus of control).
* Better ability to cope with stress. The last few weeks have been very busy. But I'm doing much better than expected.

So the changes are subtle, but they seem to be going deeper. If the last time it felt like emergency repair then this time, it feels like a systematic renovation. I'm very pleased with the process so far and will continue with the training for another 3 weeks or so.

The only negative effect for me is difficulty sleeping through the night. I'm taking 2 tables of GABA Calm (the one that Laura recommended) every night before going to bed, but still waking up around 3 - 4 am. But it is manageable and very minor compared to the benefits.

Back
Top Bottom