New book: American Heart of Darkness

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Abraham Bolden

Thanks for posting that Pashalis!! That was an interesting interview!! I am amazed at how all of the people who have the courage to speak out all are saying the same thing. People need to appreciate one another and work together for the common good...

Abraham is a treasure!!

Pashalis said:
Just a note that the interview with Abraham Bolden is now live on blogtalkradio:
_http://www.blogtalkradio.com/robertkirkconnell/2013/12/17/the-echo-from-dealey-plaza--abraham-bolden

Thanks, Pashalis. Missed it live, so this is great.

Abraham Bolden told a story that fit right into what Jim Garrison came up with. Garrison's investigation also fit with what Robert D. Morrow, CIA contract agent, and FBI agent M. Wesley Swearingen said in their books. The Secret Service, FBI, CIA, Pentagon, Mafia and others knew about the assassination of JFK ahead of time, were complicit in it, and in some cases directly involved in it. This was a massive conspiracy that all of these agencies and more covered up. They killed witnesses, put them in mental institutions, intimidated them, and kept them from testifying. This is a story that the media covers up to this day, 50 years later. Almost beyond belief!!

Robert Kirkconnell said:
Abraham Bolden told a story that fit right into what Jim Garrison came up with. Garrison's investigation also fit with what Robert D. Morrow, CIA contract agent, and FBI agent M. Wesley Swearingen said in their books. The Secret Service, FBI, CIA, Pentagon, Mafia and others knew about the assassination of JFK ahead of time, were complicit in it, and in some cases directly involved in it. This was a massive conspiracy that all of these agencies and more covered up. They killed witnesses, put them in mental institutions, intimidated them, and kept them from testifying. This is a story that the media covers up to this day, 50 years later. Almost beyond belief!!

You can say that again. Incredible.

There's a scientific study that shows that even people who can see accurately and reason well, can be persuaded to accept lies and error if enough pressure is put on them by their belief that everyone else disagrees with them. I keep saying that if enough people can get the courage to come out and start talking about the truth, that those who are intimidated will get courage from that, too. Social proof is a powerful thing.

BUT, the PTB have control of the most impressive social proof tools: mainstream media. For a large majority of people - authoritarian followers - if it isn't on the 6 o'clock news, it isn't true or even real. Breaking through that barrier is what SOTT is all about. We combine a mix of mainstream stuff that has been "commented on" so that it is "truthified", along with good alternative views and what has been considered "fringe" stuff, like ufos and paranormal. The idea is to normalize truth in context and reveal the players behind the farce, if possible.

This is the Asche's classic confirmity experiment. What stood out for me is when little support is given, how people can come out of their confirmity biases and trust their senses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sno1TpCLj6A

Yes, I noticed that SOTT had some really interesting blogtalkradio sessions. Some was really deep such as more than one universe. I also recall that the more educated a person is the more they are susceptible to propaganda. As counter intuitive as that is, it somehow makes sense. The system works for the more educated, even if the system is sick. So they tend to go along with the story board. Human beings are sooooo complex!!

Robert Kirkconnell said:
Yes, I noticed that SOTT had some really interesting blogtalkradio sessions. Some was really deep such as more than one universe. I also recall that the more educated a person is the more they are susceptible to propaganda. As counter intuitive as that is, it somehow makes sense. The system works for the more educated, even if the system is sick. So they tend to go along with the story board. Human beings are sooooo complex!!

There's another reason the more educated are susceptible/gullible. To find out, I suggest looking into John Taylor Gatto's works. You can read his most extensive work online here, and also search the forum for his name to find some quotes from and discussion regarding his books.

In short, the education system, in particular compulsory schooling, was designed from the very beginning to dumb people down - not just in recent years, but from the creation of the institution. Direct quotes from the founders of the educational system lay this out very plainly. For example:

anart said:
[...] William Torrey Harris, US Commissioner of Education from 1889 to 1906, wrote:

Ninety-nine [students] out of a hundred are automata, careful to walk in prescribed paths, careful to follow the prescribed custom. This is not an accident but the result of substantial education, which, scientifically defined, is the subsumption of the individual.

In that same book, The Philosophy of Education, Harris also revealed:

The great purpose of school can be realized better in dark, airless, ugly places.... It is to master the physical self, to transcend the beauty of nature. School should develop the power to withdraw from the external world.

Several years later, President Woodrow Wilson would echo these sentiments in a speech to businessmen:

We want one class to have a liberal education. We want another class, a very much larger class of necessity, to forego the privilege of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks.

Writes Gatto: "Another major architect of standardized testing, H.H. Goddard, said in his book Human Efficiency (1920) that government schooling was about 'the perfect organization of the hive.'"

While President of Harvard from 1933 to 1953, James Bryant Conant wrote that the change to a forced, rigid, potential-destroying educational system had been demanded by "certain industrialists and the innovative who were altering the nature of the industrial process."

In other words, the captains of industry and government explicitly wanted an educational system that would maintain social order by teaching us just enough to get by but not enough so that we could think for ourselves, question the sociopolitical order, or communicate articulately. We were to become good worker-drones, with a razor-thin slice of the population—mainly the children of the captains of industry and government—to rise to the level where they could continue running things.

This was the openly admitted blueprint for the public schooling system, a blueprint which remains unchanged to this day. Although the true reasons behind it aren't often publicly expressed, they're apparently still known within education circles. [...]

If interested, here's another link to get you started: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28417.0.html

As for higher education, Gatto makes a very basic point: During our studies, we don't learn to connect the dots on our own - which is what matters - rather, we learn prescribed, ready-made ways of connecting the dots. This is what is called "critical thinking" in educational curriculums.

In short, "education" is all about turning people into authoritarian followers. According to Gatto, most people are irreversibly broken by going through the educational system. They forever lose the ability to really learn on their own. However, a few make it through relatively intact. And yet another few are driven mad.

Self-directed learning, however - which fits into and is born of a real context in our lives - can set us free. And this is precisely what the educational institution replaces. And so, during a period of about 12 years or so - years when our brains are ready to soak in all kinds of knowledge - we learn at a snail's pace - less than a tenth of what we really could learn. In addition, we learn other things (see link above) - things we would never learn if we learned independently, and which set up barriers for further learning and maturation. School makes perpetual children of its pupils, and this is exactly what is needed for a consumerist society - dependent people who are easy to sell things to.

Wow! I just love the discussions here! Yes, all of the above is on the mark. I would add two books to the discussion that were revealing to me in researching my book. The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America was a little long and overdone but had internal memos from the very top of the Dep. of Education that substantiated much of the above, critical thinking skills and all.

The other was Lies My Teacher Told Me That was also an excellent book. The author went into subjects such as how history has been revised to an extent that no one is interested in it any more. Students have been lied to and they intuitively know it.

Having taught high school for 15 years, I might add that the biggest challenge was the trauma and turmoil in my student's lives that stood in the way to learning.

Speaking of the manipulation of information in history etc, here's an update on US school's book banning. I'm assuming that this is known to some extent, but it seems it's on the increase from last year. Here's a very brief report on it. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LDxC8TiMBg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8LDxC8TiMBg

There's also a video on it from last year, I believe, where some ridiculous banning was going on, including "Fahrenheit 451" which is about... book banning. (or burning, I forget which)

Robert Kirkconnell said:

Finally listened to your interview with Abraham, so thanks for that. His analogy of the rock dropped into the ocean that rippled that horrible day, to his final message concerning the "idea" surviving these 50 years, was indeed profound. To listen to Abraham's plight, under such horrendous evil's done unto him in that post JFK world, and how he managed to survive, which included his wife's great support and help, is a story i've never heard and am glad i was able to hear it - thank you Abraham!

JFK, upon meeting Abraham, was surely a good judge of character to have seen in him what his character reveals these 50 years later - thank you JFK.

H-kqge said:
There's also a video on it from last year, I believe, where some ridiculous banning was going on, including "Fahrenheit 451" which is about... book banning. (or burning, I forget which)

Actually it was both ;) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_451 said:
Fahrenheit 451 is a dystopian novel by Ray Bradbury published in 1953. It is regarded as one of his best works.[3] The novel presents a future American society where books are outlawed and "firemen" burn any that are found.[4] The title refers to the temperature that Bradbury understood to be the autoignition point of paper.[5][6]

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Book Burning

I probably ran across the same methods of publishing censorship that Laura and others are very familiar with. You don't have to burn the book that does not get published. The CIA "owns" most of the people in the major publishing houses who decide what gets published and what does not. They pay off some and black mail others. In some cases they do both. People do not miss the book that does not get published. In some cases they go so far as to buy the publishing rights to a book and then just don't print it. I found this to be the case with Tragedy and Hope by Professor Quigley.

This can work to a researcher's advantage. The more difficult, expensive a "controversial book is to get a hold of the more you know it must have something in it that the powers that be do not want known. So if you are able to get your hands on it, you know there is gold inside somewhere. This was certainly true of Was Jonestown a CIA Medical Experiment? Like I have said before, this book "creeped me out." When I first started looking for it the cost was $1,200.00. Somehow, it became available for about $40.00 and I jumped on it. Now it is back up to over $100.00, I think, but is still well worth the price. I keep clicking on the "I want to read this on Kindle" button and maybe if we all do that we can get it. It is EXPLOSIVE!!

Palinurus said:
H-kqge said:

Actually it was both ;) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_451 said:
Fahrenheit 451 is a dystopian novel by Ray Bradbury published in 1953. It is regarded as one of his best works.[3] The novel presents a future American society where books are outlawed and "firemen" burn any that are found.[4] The title refers to the temperature that Bradbury understood to be the autoignition point of paper.[5][6]

Truffaut made a little jewel with the book. It is a sort of 1984, a very clear vision of this future, where we are now, little by little. For people who love books and the quest of the truth, this movie, this story is very scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9n98SXNGl8

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Book Burning

Robert Kirkconnell said:
I probably ran across the same methods of publishing censorship that Laura and others are very familiar with. You don't have to burn the book that does not get published. The CIA "owns" most of the people in the major publishing houses who decide what gets published and what does not. They pay off some and black mail others. In some cases they do both. People do not miss the book that does not get published. In some cases they go so far as to buy the publishing rights to a book and then just don't print it. I found this to be the case with Tragedy and Hope by Professor Quigley.

This can work to a researcher's advantage. The more difficult, expensive a "controversial book is to get a hold of the more you know it must have something in it that the powers that be do not want known. So if you are able to get your hands on it, you know there is gold inside somewhere. This was certainly true of Was Jonestown a CIA Medical Experiment? Like I have said before, this book "creeped me out." When I first started looking for it the cost was $1,200.00. Somehow, it became available for about $40.00 and I jumped on it. Now it is back up to over $100.00, I think, but is still well worth the price. I keep clicking on the "I want to read this on Kindle" button and maybe if we all do that we can get it. It is EXPLOSIVE!!

Exactly what we have found in other fields: history, medicine, psychology, physics, etc. There is a considerable segment on the Jonestown case in the "Evidence of Revision" DVDs. If you don't have them, they are well worth getting and watching.

I'll be clicking the kindle button on that one!

Back
Top Bottom