New Forum layout April 2018

Ok, here's one thing I'm trying to figure out, maybe someone knows. Previously there was a setting that sent email notifications for topics you started or had posted in. Were those also migrated or would we need to go back and 'watch' those topics again to get emails for notifications in a given thread?

I went on and started watching all the threads again. I don't suppose that info was migrated too, but I guess someone else will know better.

Is anyone actually getting forum e-mails?

I'm receiving the emails.

Pretty awful layout really and now there's a top bar constantly in the way and eating off precious screen real estate on a phone... Can we set it up to display using the old style?

The arrows on the side are also a constant distraction and having the profile tags on top of the messages rather than to the left cuts the flow of conversation... That besides all of the rest of the upset style, really i doubt this was worth the effort.

All in all 3/10. I hope it serves others more than it hassles me ("if its not broken don't fix it") but maybe i still have a chance... Will try to run the desktop style on the phone and see how that looks.

Edit: desktop version on mobile fits a lot more in and has a much closer feel to the old version. Will require some getting used to but at least its not such an obvious decrease in functionality.

Last edited:
Congrats at the new design and stuff. I've got mixed feelings about it but will get used to it all over time.

One thing I noticed was that the newbies sector is now accessible for anyone as I could read several intros listed on the New Posts page while NOT logged in. Is this a glitch or an oversight, or on purpose I wonder.

One thing I noticed was that the newbies sector is now accessible for anyone as I could read several intros listed on the New Posts page while NOT logged in. Is this a glitch or an oversight, or on purpose I wonder.

Oops! Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Part of the problem is that HTML tables are strongly poo-pooed in HTML5, so they're kind of on their way out the door.

So, maybe the solution for the transcript tables is to do them some other way? Not sure how yet, tho! :huh:

We could make them in CassWiki.

I love it y'all! Thank you so much! I know this took some real time and effort, so I appreciate your work. I love that there is a mobile friendly version, so I can read while at work. Thanks again Scottie and Co.

Ps. I too would go with the black, or dark theme. I used to alternate between all the colors just for fun!

This is cool, great work! Makes the forum feel a lot more like social media in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom