New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

We hope that everyone enjoys - and gets something out of - our most recent show:

MindMatters: Trans-ing Reality: From Transhuman Flesh to Transcendent Spirit

Materiality. Spirituality. Pathology. Normal healthy behavior. All came to the fore recently in the story about the Canadian trans teacher who came to his class wearing gigantic prosthetic breasts complete with shirt-popping plastic nipples. What does this behavior say about him that he would chose to express himself in such a way? And what does his inner makeup have in common with the other 'trans' currently making societal waves these days - transhumanism?

Join us this week as we take a look at the trans trends that seem so at odds with higher values, the inclinations of which seem to serve our very worst potentialities as individuals. And moving on from the transhuman delusion, we contrast the flesh to the spirit, with one of Luc's latest writings as inspiration.

Thanks guys, interesting discussion (with some funny comments told from within by each).

Something that came up at the end of the discussion, was on potential, and this reminded me of another thread. Here in this discussion above, there was brief talk on those who, after having a look, one might conclude it highly unlikely they would be capable of change in potential - zero potential even. So, this goes back to that thread, the thread discussing the Afterlife. In that thread, there are a number of stories along a similar track, with one in particular concerning a man whose trajectory seemed completely material; get ahead, sell at all costs and reap rewards, and the heck with your neighbor. All this seemed so, as he told it (as remembered), until that is he had an automobile accident that produced an out of body experience, wherein once back in the body, everything changed in his life to a new potential trajectory.

Although this man experienced an out of the body shock, in a way, I guess one can never know what may change inside. Perhaps the shock just links the person to a new information field never realized/received before, while helping to see with new eyes and cutting them off of their old path that was going nowhere in terms of their potential spiritual nature. Paul seemed to have had this happen, of course under different circumstances.

Lucien also brought up the point of people known who don't read or what have you a great deal, and may not be geopolitical experts et cetera, yet have qualities far beyond others. This has been my experience, too, as I'm sure it is has been with others. These people can be exemplary if one takes the time to know them, people who have some inner presence that is noticed right way. Funny, too, because some leftists might label a few of these people as Red Necks, but they can be salt of the earth types, no other way to put it.

Thanks again!

Just when you thought, perhaps, that nothing more could be said on the phenomenon known as 'cancel culture' ...

MindMatters: Truth-Killing Cancel Culture Has Always Existed to Bolster the Status Quo

The cancel culture phenomenon has reared its rancorous and destructive head to such a degree that many holding non-mainstream points of view are made to think twice about sharing them in public. For cancel culture doesn't merely seek to respond to the differing perspectives with counterarguments in honest debate. It seeks to stifle the message completely and even, in the worst cases, annihilate the speaker himself.

While we're aware of how this pathological and ideological weaponization of rhetoric exists in contemporary times, the tools or modus operandi of cancel culture have actually been around for a good long time - especially when someone's particular message challenges conventional wisdom - or, in more meaningful cases, questions the higher truths of the reality in which we're immersed.

Join us this week on MindMatters as we discuss the drives some people have to become cancel culturists, what forces may be behind it, and the rhetorical patterns that always seem to be on the misguided side of an argument.

Just when you thought, perhaps, that nothing more could be said on the phenomenon known as 'cancel culture' ...

MindMatters: Truth-Killing Cancel Culture Has Always Existed to Bolster the Status Quo

This was excellent! I'd like to add a few thoughts that spun out from the show, perhaps.
On the note of 'what' the battlefield is - given how odd it is that these forces pop up at such random things (for example homeopathy) - it always seems to be pushing against something that expands (or if explored, could expand) humanities accurate view of reality. And by extension increase humanities ability to interact with the positive/abundant side of creation. To have a relationship with god.

The line of force seems to push towards a purely material view, through those who hold a purely material view.

Just like how a persons mind can be shaped by having only known poverty, to only ever expect (unconsciously) poverty, and as such keep themselves in poverty by acting (as all people do) on those unconscious beliefs. Or just like in ponerology, how the pathological nation can be rescued if some other country has a different examples it can emulate - or that at least can be 'seen' as an alternative.
We need outside examples. Stories or mentors that break the mould. Whatever they are, to remind you there is something beyond where you find yourself (Iain McGilChrist's 'left brain' mode and it's rigid/detatched model of the world) - or, all reminders could lead you to the divine/god.

So, I think (and I know it's been said many times before), the battlefield is entropy/creativity on all levels. So to quote Peterson "start by cleaning your room". Fight entropy on all levels.

Thank you all for the ‘Question? Cancelled.’ show, guys.

For cancel culture doesn't merely seek to respond to the differing perspectives with counterarguments in honest debate. It seeks to stifle the message completely and even, in the worst cases, annihilate the speaker himself.

Near the end, Elan brings up the state of statues being cancelled. Along these lines, in reality, it has been going on for thousands of years that can be spoken of - how many messages were annihilated, if not persons directly, if not whole civilizations?

It can be seen that there has been and are;

• Defaced statues of the middle east (Egypt etc.) to obscure.
  • Destruction of the Buddhist motifs in Afghanistan.
  • China – perhaps historically there was a great deal that is never to be known (of course the same elsewhere in times long ago).
  • Religious texts removed, hidden, redacted and revised. Persons removed and invented.
  • Whole swaths of statues and architecture blown to bits in Syria by the proxy head choppers.
  • Hidden or misrepresented archology.
  • Canceled centuries of time reanimated with historical make-believe.
  • Scientific control (the breaking down of interdisciplinary studies etc.)
  • Masonic obscuring of what could be more easily known and shared (art, texts, astrology, astronomy, cosmology, sculptures, charts etc.)
  • Proper education methods debased.
  • Streets, building, school names changed, to erase the socially known while providing new names never thought possible.
  • Basic near history being revised (see Russia and WWII alone).
  • Books removed, burned or redacted – or not allowed to freely circulate.
  • Even Christmas and people’s very jobs and family gatherings now cancelled in our branched current time line - the old way vs. the reset way.
  • Undesirable language canceled. Pronoun replacement.
  • Gender replacement.
  • Many countries have statue examples, and here in Canada you have the pulling down of statues of J.A. MacDonald, while across town the Ukrainian fascist, Roman Shukhevych, stands tall in sculpture as people whisk by. Not a though in mind of the historical representation of who they pass.
  • Whole swaths of ugly fascist people provided new identities while being exalted in their communities, even when the truth comes out it does not phase them, and they carry on and people forget.
Think of R. G. Collingwood’s The Idea of History and what he was saying.

Comments made on the show (think Harrison) looked to competing narratives perpetrated by those who have mass financial skin in the game that is threatened. The press, financial institutions, politicians and new laws help bolster their control, Mafia style (alternative medicine vs. big pharma being one example). The alternative been slowly erased - eventually gone from mind, from options, more or less allowed to wither on the vine. Going back in historical times, by degree, there were likely the death of similar ideas, modalities and materials. Messages from the likes of Copernicus through to Galileo’s heresy; the threat of the Sun at the center and not earth, is just one example that needed cancelling at that time for religious control reasons, just as the Big Bang needed center stage, as do the Neo-Darwinists, right down to hiding the decline.

It is near incalculable the extent of what has been canceled and hidden in historical terms, whole veils to our 3d reality seem to be firmly in place that helps isolate and secure STS nature. It has also been suggested that 4d is here in our earthly sphere, perhaps like an envelope. However, behind our veil of separation, in 4d, knowledge is opened up, although the STS nature there seems to be firmly meddling through the veil - through persons or sometimes in direct semi-physicality, and yet it is balanced by STO nature in that density, too, from what is understood. Now, I don't have the foggiest of how it works, however it is exciting to think of the possibilities that may one day be more revealed as it comes along and opens up, if it comes along to ones awareness that is.

In sum, this is why this forum, its networking, the shows, the brilliant books and articles written by people herein, and from out, have helped to find these needles in haystacks, giving the mosaic form, while also helping to provide increased understanding of a truer picture to our historical and present reality.

So, I think (and I know it's been said many times before), the battlefield is entropy/creativity on all levels... Fight entropy on all levels.

And what a battle indeed, from within and from without. The entropic forces, cancel forces as can be seen, appear to be simply staggering in scope.

Keep aware, together and in faith.

We've really been enjoying Arthur Versluis's research and noticing just how much the ideas he delves into overlap with so much of what we understand here. That said, we hope some enjoyment (and a little food for thought) may be had from our latest show:

MindMatters: Esoteric Christianity: A Glimpse into Theosophia

One of western Christianity's best-kept secrets is its esoteric, mystical tradition. Starting with Jacob Boehme in the early 1600s, the theosophic branch is one of the most fascinating yet least well-known among the world's mystical traditions. Today on MindMatters we take inspiration from Arthur Versluis's two books, Theosophia and Wisdom's Children to make a first foray into the rich language and practice of the Christian theosophers.

Thank you for the newest MindMatters: Gurdjieff, Death and Help for the Dead with Joseph Azize.
I look for the video on the forum each week and found it on Sott tonight, instead. The topic is incredibly relevant to my own experiences over the past 3 years; and it offered contemplation, solace, action and resolutions that I could not have anticipated in my own searches, or even in my wildest dreams. I am grateful.

Thank you for the newest MindMatters: Gurdjieff, Death and Help for the Dead with Joseph Azize.
I look for the video on the forum each week and found it on Sott tonight, instead. The topic is incredibly relevant to my own experiences over the past 3 years; and it offered contemplation, solace, action and resolutions that I could not have anticipated in my own searches, or even in my wildest dreams. I am grateful.

You beat us to the punch of posting about it here, Magnolia! Thank you for tuning in, and we're very glad to hear that you got something out of it. Azize, we think, is a very special guest and we were so pleased to have him back on; not just to discuss the above subject matter with us, but to share his insights into other very topical subjects too.

And that said, here's the show description:

According to the vast "afterlife" literature, those who have passed on sometimes send signs, or even communicate through dreams or visions. But what if the support that many living claim to experience from their loved ones isn't unidirectional? Can one, in fact, help those who have passed to come to greater peace and understanding at their soul's new station in 'life'? For those of us familiar with the ideas, exercises and philosophy of G.I. Gurdjieff, it may come as some surprise, and perhaps delight, to learn that Gurdjieff sought to address such a question - how to give "help for the deceased" - particularly for those who were once close to us.

This week on MindMatters we are once again joined by inimitable Gurdjieffian scholar and Maronite Priest Joseph Azize whose paper "Gurdjieff's Help for the Deceased" delves into this subject. Join us as Joseph shares his research, insights and personal experience with some very little known exercises of Gurdjieff's - and explains not only the means from which one could honor and assist our loved ones (should they require it), 'essence to essence' as it were - but also to help grow and develop one's own self and Being.

Thank you for the talk/interview with Mr. Azize.

Joseph has been one man listened to over the years who well stands out, and with this talk, simply put, it encompassed so much of importance that it is hard to put a name to. Much of these aspects discussed are repeated here and there on the forum, in the C's sessions, although often with different framework and language around it. These things are not far removed though (osit).

Interesting opening with regards to Bennet's experience with mother and Gurdjieff's mother. This did not seem to be so far out to me, along with much more that Joseph said.

The one mention of physical items of the departed, if recalled (he said without the ability to test this scientifically), to me it seemed mesh with T.C, Lethbridge, although a different discussion.

Elan brought up Vale Owen who Joseph did not know and he lightly cautioned on creating fantasy in some mediums. I get that, however it would have been good to let him know who he was exactly and then perhaps he will be more curious (not that one can validate Owen).

Web practices was another good discussion, which has synchronicities here as a network, or so it can be seen that way.

Joseph also discussed seeing and knowing what is wrong, while sometimes requiring one to say it is wrong. However, with this at the same time, being conscious of not over identifying with it (t is known, so one knows) - being separated from it to the best of ones abilities and not being "partisan" to it, which if not can brings its own form of madness. he seemed to be saying. Political and identity politics aspect to this. The madness these days is easy to see.

Lastly and a main theme, was our ancestors, being the good child to our parents (Gurdjieff's words) and taking interest in them when they are no longer - helping them, and like a web it seems that it does spread widely and generationally. This practice, as the closing line in the introduction was written, speaks also to its ability to "help grow and develop one's own self and Being." Yes. Think so.

Very lastly was Joseph's growing new work, not initially intended, being partly on Bennet's twenty four visions, experiences with near death (NDE); WWI related for Bennet. The "mystery of life, death and resurrection" Azizi said - this seems like it will be a fascinating read when it is all tied together.

Thank you all very much for the talk.

Your interview with Azize on the possibility of assisting the deceased was very interesting. Thank you!
Elan brought up Vale Owen who Joseph did not know and he lightly cautioned on creating fantasy in some mediums. I get that, however it would have been good to let him know who he was exactly and then perhaps he will be more curious (not that one can validate Owen).
That was one direction, the conversation could have developed. A question is if one should feel obliged to bring an interlocutor around to one's own position on an issue? There is also the aspect of external consideration; one could think of the example of Gurdjieff, who was able to communicate with different kinds of people. Anyway, I thought Harrison handled it very well by inviting Azize to elaborate on his train of thought. Here is the excerpt from the automatic transcript:
44.06 oh there's a couple different directions we can go from there but um did you have
44.12 did you have any other details from you and your your group's experience
44.18 with uh with the exercise or did you say as much as you as you wanted to say about that
44.24 no I I like to add a bit more um the first thing is
We don't know in what direction the talk could have taken if a different choice had been made. At any rate, I thought it was a great episode, and have been tempted to post alerts in a number of threads where it would fit with the context.

Thanks for this episode with Azize. I hadn't heard of him before, and this discussion was very intriguing and I will read his book in the near future for sure.

As others have said, to know this side of Gurdjieff is quite suprising, especially considering how we here on the forum (if I'm not mistaken) recently agreed that his philosophy is a bit too materialistic.

I'm sure this is answered in more detail in his book but I'm just wondering if there's a more 'nuts and bolts' description of these excercises? Azize talked about for instance about 'the chair exercise', what exactly is that?

Thanks for this episode with Azize. I hadn't heard of him before, and this discussion was very intriguing and I will read his book in the near future for sure.

As others have said, to know this side of Gurdjieff is quite suprising, especially considering how we here on the forum (if I'm not mistaken) recently agreed that his philosophy is a bit too materialistic.

I'm sure this is answered in more detail in his book but I'm just wondering if there's a more 'nuts and bolts' description of these excercises? Azize talked about for instance about 'the chair exercise', what exactly is that?
All the exercises in his book are described in detail: i.e., do this, visualize this, feel this, then do this, etc. I'm pretty sure the chair exercise is the second variation of the help for the deceased exercise, where the person is to visualize their deceased relative sitting in a chair as part of the exercise.

Back
Top Bottom