Olympic games in Paris (2024)

The sh*t show must go on

• A series of fires have hit French high-speed rail lines, hours before the opening ceremony for the Paris Olympic Games
  • Rail company SNCF says it's a "massive attack aimed at paralysing the network"; France's transport minister says they're dealing with "co-ordinated malicious acts"
  • Some 800,000 customers are affected with disruption expected "at least all weekend", the rail firm says - passengers are asked to postpone trips and not travel to stations

SNCF says it’s been a victim overnight of a "massive attack aimed at paralysing the network”.

Fires were started at three points on TGV lines running west, north and east of Paris.

A fourth arson attack on the line running south to Lyon and the Mediterranean was foiled.

The result is that TGV trains are being diverted onto other lines, leading to delays of up to two hours and some cancellations.

Repairs will not be completed until after the weekend.

No claim of responsibility has been made but it is hard not to see a link with the Olympic Games.

Also worth noting that the opening ceremony will take place outside a stadium for the first time ever. It's expected to last 4 hours.

Last edited:
🇫🇷 Events related to the Olympic Games since 48h. :

⁃ An individual rubbed his sex against a young student peacekeeper, present as backup for the Olympics, on the RER B train

⁃ A Colombian tourist who came for the Olympics was sexually assaulted at a metro station on line 14 in Paris.

⁃ An Argentine soccer player had €50,000 worth of jewelry stolen from his dressing room.

⁃ Coca-Cola's Vice President Europe had a computer, phone and Rolex watch stolen from his hotel.

⁃ After the Mali-Israel match, gangs of youths tried to attack Israeli supporters.

⁃ Argentine footballer Javier Mascherano strongly criticized insecurity during these Paris Olympics: “Yesterday, watches, rings, etc. were stolen from us during our training.”

⁃ Two days before the Paris 2024 Olympics, dozens of homeless families camp out in front of the 18th arrondissement town hall.

⁃ French athlete Sasha Zhoya wants to parade in a skirt at the Olympic opening ceremony.

⁃ The Olympic Village canteen had to ration certain foods, such as eggs, due to insufficient stocks. Athletes complained about the amount of food on offer.

⁃ Intrusion of Moroccan supporters on the pitch of the match between Morocco and Argentina. Firecrackers were thrown, and the match was stopped seven times.

-With the judo events due to start on Saturday, the President of the International Judo Federation said that the Champ-de-Mars Arena was not up to scratch.

-During the 1st round of soccer, fans were unable to enter the stadium.

Every information can be verified on this french telegram channel

On top of the SNCF disruptions and all:

- The Basel Mulhouse Freiburg airport (halfway in France, halfway in Switzerland) was shut down "for security reasons".
- Strikes are planned for today and tomorrow at Paris' main airports today.
- The govt. decreed a "no fly zone" of a 150km diameter around Paris, for today between 6.30 pm and midnight. Maybe this one is not unusual for events like these, if they want a clear sky for an opening ceremony? I'm not sure.

Jeez, it is looking like it is lining up to be a real mess of an Olympics. It wasn't so long ago that media in the West was trying to make Russia look bad when they hosted with reports about various things. I guess all of this might just be another sign of how far the West is degrading and going down the tubes...

This one sums up the current "ambiance" in Paris, I think:

"Paris, the City of Light, extinguished by the Olympic Games? Professionals sound the alarm

Behind the glitz and glamour, the reality is far less glamorous. The draconian security measures put in place have turned Paris into a veritable Olympic fortress. Restricted perimeters, barriers on every street corner, repeated checks... The capital has turned into a Kafkaesque maze where you have to show your credentials to be able to move around freely.

As a result, tourists and Parisians alike are fleeing this deserted, anxiety-inducing, cloistered Paris. The figures are indisputable: an average 30% drop in sales for many professionals compared with previous years. Some restaurants on the Trocadéro, an emblematic square, have even seen their patronage plummet by 70%. A heavy blow for these small businesses, which are unlikely to recover.

And what happened to the “significant economic spin-offs” promised by the organizers? Obviously drowned under the heavy security constraints. The authorities, for their part, are conspicuous by their silence and lack of clarity on these restrictions, which are suffocating a whole section of the local economy.

So, yes, visitor safety is paramount. But was it really necessary to turn Paris into an open-air prison? Shopkeepers and restaurateurs are now waiting for compensation commensurate with the damage they have suffered. The aim is to heal the wounds of an Olympic summer that turned into an economic nightmare.

The Paris 2024 Games will be remembered for sure. But not necessarily for the reasons we had hoped. Behind the gleaming showcase, the malaise is palpable. And it will take more than medals to put a smile back on the faces of Parisian professionals, the collateral victims of an Olympiad under intense scrutiny. Not sure Pierre de Coubertin would have imagined his Games like this..."

"Paris, the City of Light, extinguished by the Olympic Games? Professionals sound the alarm

Behind the glitz and glamour, the reality is far less glamorous. The draconian security measures put in place have turned Paris into a veritable Olympic fortress. Restricted perimeters, barriers on every street corner, repeated checks... The capital has turned into a Kafkaesque maze where you have to show your credentials to be able to move around freely.

As a result, tourists and Parisians alike are fleeing this deserted, anxiety-inducing, cloistered Paris. The figures are indisputable: an average 30% drop in sales for many professionals compared with previous years. Some restaurants on the Trocadéro, an emblematic square, have even seen their patronage plummet by 70%. A heavy blow for these small businesses, which are unlikely to recover.

And what happened to the “significant economic spin-offs” promised by the organizers? Obviously drowned under the heavy security constraints. The authorities, for their part, are conspicuous by their silence and lack of clarity on these restrictions, which are suffocating a whole section of the local economy.

So, yes, visitor safety is paramount. But was it really necessary to turn Paris into an open-air prison? Shopkeepers and restaurateurs are now waiting for compensation commensurate with the damage they have suffered. The aim is to heal the wounds of an Olympic summer that turned into an economic nightmare.

The Paris 2024 Games will be remembered for sure. But not necessarily for the reasons we had hoped. Behind the gleaming showcase, the malaise is palpable. And it will take more than medals to put a smile back on the faces of Parisian professionals, the collateral victims of an Olympiad under intense scrutiny. Not sure Pierre de Coubertin would have imagined his Games like this..."
Yes, it's like Paris under the Occupation, the ‘dark years’, an overrun and sad Paris where Parisians didn't feel or look like they were in their beloved city. A Paris truly occupied by the Security forces. And I have the impression that this is symbolic of what is to come.

The Olympic Games should be a joyous occasion, even if it's all about hypocrisy and wheeling and dealing. Happy to see athletes and great performances. But the opposite is happening, and that's a shame. And it's really sad when small businesses close. What a shame!

This Paris, I have the impression, is the implementation of the Agenda 2030, a message to the whole world and also an essay on a city that has gone from being a city of light to being a dark, black city. Let's wait and see what happens next. It's not going to be pretty!

I don't know about you in your respective countries. But in Mexico this event has been the least publicized of all the games of which I have been aware. I don't know if the apathy is global. Even the sponsoring companies in Mexico used to stuff the stores with promotions related to the Olympics and today it is not like that. I even know of people who did not know that the games were being held this year. I guess in Mexico it happened because of the presidential elections, I speculate that the same thing happens everywhere where there are elections.

Edit. In my case I don't even know what the mascot or the official logo is.​
I would say the same here in the US, but I don't consume tv or mainstream info much so I may just be missing it.

Yet the assassins will be guided through without ID or passports!

The sh*t show must go on

And it wasn't long for the Israeli ministry of foreign affairs, to point at Iran as the culprit...

The sabotage of railway infrastructure across France ahead of the @Paris2024 Olympics was planned and executed under the influence of Iran's axis of evil and radical Islam. As I warned my French counterpart @steph_sejourne this week, based on information held by Israel, Iranians are planning terrorist attacks against the Israeli delegation and all Olympic participants. Increased preventive measures must be taken to thwart their plot.The free world must stop Iran now - before it's too late.

Source :

Also worth noting that the opening ceremony will take place outside a stadium for the first time ever. It's expected to last 4 hours.
Well, for those able to access the Seine river banks : the queue (UK) / line (US) is more than 1 kilometer long !
(And some rain is expected on Paris tonight : around 15 mm.)

Last edited:
The sh*t show must go on

I wonder about the intentionality behind those attacks. What a good opportunity to have a virus spreading more efficiently.

gare Montparnasse.jpg
SNCF said it was suffering a "massive attack to paralyse" its TGV network, causing major delays. A total of 800,000 people are thought to be affected by the disruption.
More shock than cacophony at the Gare Montparnasse. Thousands of passengers wait, stunned, and scrutinise the notice board where 90% of departures are on hold.

I was sent the tweet below today, the comment reads:

France 24 reported that French troops have been deployed in Paris around the river Seine and that they are ready for any type of attack, they specifically mention the terror threat, but in this day and age, it's not so surprising.

Many of you probably already saw this several days ago, but many people on Twitter are pointing out how it has to be totally fake, as if it wasn't suspicious enough before...

For example:

1. Lets start with the source, the article from AlMasryAlyoum[https://almasryalyoum.com/news/details/3220053
] in which the article clearly states in Arabic “A concerning video has recently surfaced on Twitter, showing a man allegedly linked to Hamxs issuing a threat against France and the upcoming 2024 Olympic Games in Paris.”So the article is based solely on a random video found online with the assumption that the speaker belongs to Hamxs hence it’s not even a reference.

2. This is fake, no one ever talks from the factions [Hamxs-PIJ-PFLP-DFLP-Fatah] or any resistance front except the spokesman and in your case this is not the spokesman of Hamxs or any resistance faction.

3. The accent itself is faked, he can hardly speak Arabic.

4. The resistance factions have official websites and telegrams that they constantly upload news/videos on, this video was never posted there

5. The cherry on top is the head prop covered in red they used and the way he said “Allah Akbar”, we have never witnessed any video where the resistance in Palestine uses such props of heads covered in red color

It's still mind-boggling how BAD and cheap they can be at making stuff up, and yet, get away with it.

I'm watching the opening of the Olympic Games and my mother asks me what Death is doing carrying the Olympic torch through the streets of Paris? I don't know, I answer, I missed the explanation.

Screenshot_20240726-130231_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240726-130239_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240726-130433_YouTube.jpg

Well, he looks like Charon the ferryman of the underworld, in charge of guiding the wandering shadows of the recently deceased from one side of the Styx to the other.

José-Benlliure.-La-barca-de-Caronte-1919.-Valencia-Museo-de-Bellas-Artes-.jpg
José Benlliure, The Boat of Charon, 1909

This character is from French video game Assasins creed, it is very popular...

I find this of poor taste; they could have done a better job in the costume design department...

According to this source, it's not clear yet:

While we can't confirm whether there's actually a connection between the game and the torchbearer video game creator Ubisoft tweeted a photo from "Assassin's Creed Unity" during the Olympics opening ceremony. The game just so happens to be set in Paris during the French Revolution.
The masked person's costume is apparently
inspired by characters who have left a mark on French culture, from the Phantom of the Opera to Arsène Lupin.
Their identity is expected to be revealed at the end as the final torch is lit towards the end of the opening ceremony. What we do know about the person is that they share three energies that all torchbearers possess: the energy of sport, communities and of the regions.

Why do they use "their" as a pronoun if there is only 1 mystery torch bearer? Their is plural. Is that some new woke English grammar rule?

Back
Top Bottom