Olympic games in Paris (2024)

Given the economic precariousness the US is getting into, the possibility of civil war and the state of the world, disease X and specifically the possibility of a third world war changing the world as we know it, (plus the Cs said the US would be "nuked" ) I think we are not going to see "Los Angeles 2028"

The economic and social situation is already unbearable, not to mention the earth changes that seem to be worsening day by day.

Or am I being too pessimistic?

I don't think so. The signs are all there, after all. Some days I think we're not going to see 2025!:lol: But we'll see. No need in anticipating. Many things can happen, and there is not fixed schedule for anything.

It is true that i probably function differently on an expressive level as well, but in my defense I can say that it is not calculated at all.

It may not be calculated but it is intentional.

It's all well and good to have your own style or way of expressing yourself. However, when it gets in the way of other people understanding you, which if you haven't noticed it does, then the courteous thing to do is to adjust how you right for the benefit of those reading. Generally, that means writing more plainly and simply with much less flair or style. You might find it boring, but your readers, me included, will thank you.

The world wide monster African and muslim male beating a white western woman created in 46 olympic seconds came naturally. And naturally I expressed it. Included in all this is the problem of biological advantage that in fact exists, since a very very long time. As a journalist I used to discuss it with colleagues and athletes 20 years ago, and we used to have fun imagining future three-legged centometrists in full compliance with the rules. What happened with kehlif really exceeded all my funny expectations :-)

Is there a way for you to word this more simply and plainly?

55, it took 46 seconds for a man to beat up a woman who was not allowed to scratch him, bite him or kick his privates. How is that medal worthy?!

And no one turned him into a monster, in fact the media are celebrating his victory and FB is censoring whoever dares to say that male athletes (XY chromosome) should not be allowed to compete in women's sports.

It seems to me that you are conflating what's happening politically world-wide with this event in a conversation that has nothing to do with race, but you are making it about race. Similar to many people I see on X who are pro-Palestinian and support the "Queen" Khelif just because he is muslim, without seeing the real problem: men should not compete in women's sports! And you are doing it rather cowardly too, by insinuating instead of saying exactly what you mean, and expecting the rest of us to figure out your riddles.
As said above, I did not insinuate anything. Least of all the "queen khelif." Sometimes, simply, things can be seen from different angles. And with different expressions, more or less understandable according to individual, or collective background, as seems to be the case here. We have common points, others divergent. The fact that my intentions are interpreted in an insinuating way, and with reductio ad unum, is part of the game and I take note of that.

Khelif is lawyering up.

Don't suppose that the results of gender testing will be allowed to assist in the decision of the case.

Come think of this, “Brigitte” Macron lawyered up too, and even managed to win by changing the subject matter of the lawsuit from the contents of “her” underwear to invasion of privacy. I wonder if similar legal gymnastics will be applied to make sure Khelir wins too.

Given the economic precariousness the US is getting into, the possibility of civil war and the state of the world, disease X and specifically the possibility of a third world war changing the world as we know it, (plus the Cs said the US would be "nuked" ) I think we are not going to see "Los Angeles 2028"

The economic and social situation is already unbearable, not to mention the earth changes that seem to be worsening day by day.

If you can, it is always worth listening to people that have experienced hardships first hand in areas of the globe westerners usually ignore.

They have experiencing much harder circumstances then any typical westerners can imagine. And there are still many parts of the globe where that is happening right now, usually outside of the western bubble. Palestine being the most outrageous and terrifying of such examples at the moment. If you talk to such people you will quickly realize that things can get much worse before anything can get better.

For example, if you can find someone who has lived through the collapse of the soviet union in countries like Kazakhstan you will hear stories that can’t even slightly be compared to what westerners experience right now. For example: Over night your electric power goes out for a long time while all your savings in the bank are gone over night too and anarchy breaks out around you over night too with levels of crime, violence and cruelty you can hardly imagine while you are becoming stateless at the same time and without a job. And inflation sky rocket’s too. Do average westerners experience anything on that level right now? I don’t think so. It can get MUCH worse.

Come think of this, “Brigitte” Macron lawyered up too, and even managed to win by changing the subject matter of the lawsuit from the contents of “her” underwear to invasion of privacy. I wonder if similar legal gymnastics will be applied to make sure Khelir wins too.

Legal LGBT+XXY gymnastics: the most recent sport to be admitted into the Olympics games. ;-)

I honestly think the same thing. I’d be shocked if we actually get to them. Everything you said sounds not only possible, but likely. And let’s not forget those objects falling from the sky!

It may not be calculated but it is intentional.

It's all well and good to have your own style or way of expressing yourself. However, when it gets in the way of other people understanding you, which if you haven't noticed it does, then the courteous thing to do is to adjust how you right for the benefit of those reading. Generally, that means writing more plainly and simply with much less flair or style. You might find it boring, but your readers, me included, will thank you.

Is there a way for you to word this more simply and plainly?
Based on the Work shared here, there is a big difference between intentional (related to intent) and strategic. So intentional yes. Strategic (pertaining to a battle) no. At least as far as I am concerned not in this forum. And I'll end here.

Incredibly I found 1 French MSM newspaper making some criticisms and were we learn that Tom Cruise is not so good at the first take. Wow!

Closing Ceremony: a sombre spectacle, a "cheap" LA2028 sequence... and already a hangover!​

After the Paris Games, hailed by all for their beauty and fervor, the closing ceremony seemed sombre and, above all, too long, despite some fine moments. The hangover effect is already here.

"Disappointing" with "lengthy" or "extraordinary": after the spectacular opening ceremony of the Paris Olympics on the Seine, the closing show, back in a stadium, left a more mixed impression, mainly due to its very sombre tone.

For the Records show itself, which was only part of the evening, emotion struggled to get past the screen during the silent, metaphorical performance. It was a dystopia, in which the Games have disappeared and futuristic travelers set about rebuilding them, "in a rather distant future". The Hymne d'Apollon played by Alain Roche on his upright piano and intoned by tenor Benjamin Bernheim offered a welcome moment of clarity.

"The first part was too dark and too slow", lamented Quebec journalist Katherine Verebely, referring to the sequence starting with the extinguishing of the Olympic cauldron in the Tuileries Gardens and ending with the festive concert concocted by electro-rock group Phoenix.

The "happy ending" prepared by the organizers of the future Los Angeles Games in 2028, with Tom Cruise's performance as he descended from the roof of the Stade de France - even if he failed to open the American flag in flight - also failed to win unanimous approval. Above all, it lacked surprise, since the name of the American actor had been circulating for weeks.

I think the director of this circus, the spectacle with its diabolic clowns, is crazy, nuts. He needs to be sent to a sanatorium. ASAP. And the only way to be ok with all of this it is to laugh at it. I laugh, seeing the gold insect. And also I think the director is a very infantile person also in his mad brain, and think people are with a mentality of 5 years old. And he is right.

How ridiculous all of this. And the genocide at Gaza continues as nothing while people look at the circus. Amazing.

How bad is the corruption in the Olympics? I've never given much attention to the Olympics, nor do I watch or follow any of those sports; I just don't care, to the exception of randomly watching Artistic Skating, Gymnastics, and my favorite, Rhythmic Gymnastics because it's a mix of ballet and circus.

I just watched the Rhythmic Gymnastics Group All-Around Final... Medals were allocated like this:
Gold: China
Silver: Israel
Bronze: Italy

Unless there are obvious technical failures, it feels like points are given in a very subjective manner. Israel's performance was sloppy, they weren't that synchronised (it shows very well in the slow motion replay) and they did 3 sloppy lifts, vs Italy who gave a much better and sharper performance. I frankly don't understand, and my feeling is that Israel's medal is a political one...

Here's the link in case anyone wants to watch:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom