price of silver and gold after the dollar crashes

I was thinking, for the elite to remain in control wouldn't there have to be some form of currency or something to keep the pyramid of heirachy together, cause otherwise if it came down to living of the land wouldn't the heirachy collapse and they be just as screwed as us?

J

Silver wouldn't be a bad investment, since in colloid form, it is a very effective antibiotic. And only tiny amounts are needed to make a useful amount of material.

Hi everyone,

With signs of impending doom with the US economy I was thinking of buying a large junk of gold to protect my savings. About 50k, I’m just a little scared of buying fake gold. I was thinking about namely buying gold coins from central banks from reputable big online sellers to lessen the chance of being scammed. Does anybody have experience buying gold or tips?

AD said:
Hi everyone,

With signs of impending doom with the US economy I was thinking of buying a large junk of gold to protect my savings. About 50k, I’m just a little scared of buying fake gold. I was thinking about namely buying gold coins from central banks from reputable big online sellers to lessen the chance of being scammed. Does anybody have experience buying gold or tips?

A few years back I started buying gold and silver bullion as a store of wealth. Its not my only way of storing, but I have excess savings that I don't trust in the bank and it seemed a good way to go.

Anyway, I have always purchased online from jmbullion and I would highly recommend them. The prices are competitive, their customer service was great the few times i needed it, and I've never had any problems. I researched them first and customer comments were very good and in line with my subsequent experience. Apmex.com is another I would trust/use, but haven't, simply because their prices are always a little higher. I usually paid by bank wires with JM, but just so you know, once you have an account and probably one decent purchase, you can call customer service and ask for them to set up electronic check payments so you can avoid the wire fees. (you can use a credit card or paypal as well, but there is a 3 or 4% higher cost with those payment types.) Even with e-check payments set up, I always chose to pay by wire just so I could time delivery more accurately since you'll have to sign for delivery.

Both sites sell government mint "coins" as well as private mint "rounds". I chose to mostly buy government mint. The downside is the premium (additional charge above spot price) is usually larger, but the upside is in a "doomsday" scenario, if you intend to trade/barter with your bullion, you want something recognizable as "real" for your future customer. For those reasons, most preppers prefer US Eagles in the US. I personally chose the Canadian maples, even though I'm in the US, because a) they're still quite recognizable and second most popular in the US b) the premium is smaller than the Eagles c) the purity is higher (.9999 vs .999) and d) I just don't want anything "belonging" to the US government ;)

If you choose to go with rounds, I highly recommend you look into Sunshine mint- they have implemented some pretty neat anti-counterfeit techniques. They have like a hologram imprint or something and you can buy a special viewing glass to see it so you can verify they're genuine. But whatever you choose, I don't think I would really worry about jmbullion or apmex selling you fake metals.

I'm glad that you said "protect my savings", rather than "investment" as I think its really the better way to think about it. I strongly believe that the price of both silver and gold is artificially suppressed and thus they will rise (probably drastically) when the end-game starts cranking, but we can never know for sure. I've had some emotional ups and downs over the past few years as I watched the prices fluctuate, but overall, my stack's worth has maintained its value within +/- 6%. Given my recent experience dabbling in cryptos I'm quite pleased with that level of stability ;)

I think the price of gold is a little high right now. Depending on how urgent you think the present situation, i might consider waiting a little bit. (The most expensive purchase I made was gold @ 1320/oz and it immediately tanked and I've regretted it since. But that was in the fall and as I learned, gold usually hits its low in December when future contracts come due. The fact that it opened in January in the 1300 range, it might actually be a going up from here.) The price of silver is still pretty good. I have read that it costs $17/ounce to mine silver, so really it should be selling above that (artificially suppressed) so any price $17 or less is a pretty good buy. If I were you, I might make an order of 100 ounces of silver or so just to dip your feet in ... thats pretty much how I started until I felt comfortable making larger orders.

AD said:
Hi everyone,

For safety in preventing yourself from being ripped off, go in person into a coin store that sells gold bullion coins. Buy with cash and walk out immediately with your gold. If you want to be riskier, buy with a credit card from a very reputable online dealer such as APMEX and make sure you receive the gold within the time allowed by your credit card company to dispute the charge if necessary. It is a very bad idea to buy or sell through personal checks or wire transfers. Read up on Tulving if you want to see an example of a long established dealer going bankrupt and taking customers' money. What are you going to do if you write a check or wire $50,000 to someone, and then they don't deliver you the gold? I would rather pay 3% higher by credit card than lose 100% by wire (you can use a 2% cash back credit card to reduce the fees).

As for what to buy, sovereign bullion coins are the best bet, because of increased protections against counterfeiting government coins. Some of the most recognizable sovereign coins are the 1 ounce South African gold Krugerrand and 1 ounce American gold eagle. For confiscation concerns in the US, pre-1933 US coins such as $20 Double Eagles might arguably be exempt from confiscation under the argument that they are collectibles.

Storage should not be with any third party, and definitely should not be in a bank security box.

However, might you have a better use for $50,000? If the money is sitting around and will be doing nothing for decades, then it makes sense to have gold. Also, if you bought now, would you be fine with gold going under $1,000 or $500 per ounce? The people who bought gold high in 1979-1980 had to wait about 27 years for the price to return to the high.

In past wars and turmoil, wealthy people could buy their way to safety with gold coins or flee with no other belongings except the gold they could hide on their body.

If I had an extra $50K I'd be buying land, food, livestock, etc. As for Gold, I think it a very good form to hold some wealth in. I think of it as permanent, international money. I advocate wearing some gold at all times; earrings, cufflinks, a watch, whatever. It might get you on to a boat or across a border some time. You never know when you will need it, so always have it on your body. But, you can't eat it and it won't keep you warm. Invest in those needful things first is my thinking.
Here is a super-handy, pocket friendly credit card sized 50G Gold card, scored to be broken into 50 pieces for trading:
_https://www.silver.com/50-gram-valcambi-gold-combi-bars/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product%20Ads&utm_content=50%20Gram%20Valcambi%20Gold%20CombiBars%20(New%20in%20Assay,%2050x1)&msclkid=512a1ab8bcd8136bf78d40c3cc56649d&utm_term=1101202567324

Sorry for the late reply l, I have a new job that requires a lot of hourr.

Jny said:
Anyway, I have always purchased online from jmbullion and I would highly recommend them. The prices are competitive, their customer service was great the few times i needed it, and I've never had any problems. I researched them first and customer comments were very good and in line with my subsequent experience. Apmex.com is another I would trust/use, but haven't, simply because their prices are always a little higher. I usually paid by bank wires with JM, but just so you know, once you have an account and probably one decent purchase, you can call customer service and ask for them to set up electronic check payments so you can avoid the wire fees. (you can use a credit card or paypal as well, but there is a 3 or 4% higher cost with those payment types.) Even with e-check payments set up, I always chose to pay by wire just so I could time delivery more accurately since you'll have to sign for delivery.

Both sites sell government mint "coins" as well as private mint "rounds". I chose to mostly buy government mint. The downside is the premium (additional charge above spot price) is usually larger, but the upside is in a "doomsday" scenario, if you intend to trade/barter with your bullion, you want something recognizable as "real" for your future customer. For those reasons, most preppers prefer US Eagles in the US. I personally chose the Canadian maples, even though I'm in the US, because a) they're still quite recognizable and second most popular in the US b) the premium is smaller than the Eagles c) the purity is higher (.9999 vs .999) and d) I just don't want anything "belonging" to the US government ;)

If you choose to go with rounds, I highly recommend you look into Sunshine mint- they have implemented some pretty neat anti-counterfeit techniques. They have like a hologram imprint or something and you can buy a special viewing glass to see it so you can verify they're genuine. But whatever you choose, I don't think I would really worry about jmbullion or apmex selling you fake metals.

Thank you for the input. I will be buying from Apmex since they have the direct from mint option. I will buy a few oz’s to start off and see how the markets go.

hlat said:
Storage should not be with any third party, and definitely should not be in a bank
However, might you have a better use for $50,000? If the money is sitting around and will be doing nothing for decades, then it makes sense to have gold. Also, if you bought now, would you be fine with gold going under $1,000 or $500 per ounce? The people who bought gold high in 1979-1980 had to wait about 27 years for the price to return to the high.

In past wars and turmoil, wealthy people could buy their way to safety with gold coins or flee with no other belongings except the gold they could hide on their body.

I think gold is only going to go up in price. It’s known that the price of gold is considerably suppressed by the centeral banks. Also the Dollar will ultimately collapse, better to hold on to gold than worthless paper. I will buy slowly.

Thank you all for the help much appreciated!

If you haven't bought yet... it's repeating the same 200MA again as it did twice last year... good point to buy in... on the lows.... since most of the 'market' is paper anyway... take a look at the charts for the last one year period... same pattern each time.. it helps to buy low if you aren't sure of your purchase.

Over the last couple of years precious metals may not have been very profitable, which may have kept away buyers who wanted to make a quick buck. Cautious people may rather want to be in for the long run, to retain some value when FIAT currency and other papers will be going up in smoke.

My first Springbok (1 oz./Au Kr. Rand) set me back $280 in January 2002. Sixteen years later it is selling at $1.300.

Don't fall into the trap of buying too much Gold in ounces and bars, because there may not be enough trustworthy purchasers at a future date.
Stock up on Silver coins in small denominations to be able to actually buy something from someone.

Silver is a good idea as it's currently priced for its mining ratio, not the historical ratio to gold... which makes sense as the system has been pushing the PMs in the proverbial basement closet since losing control back in the 60s, with the Nixon withdraw in '71.... silver would have to 4x or so to play catchup, which it ususally does... always late to the party when it starts... which hasn't happened yet... currently doing that reverse downward pump to its 200MA... same as last July? and Dec .... same pattern in play.... for an uptrend.... higher lows... higher highs... on the short term... if the boys can't push it down any further to the rising trendline... around 1275?... then that's another signal of strength... as a higher low check forces that trendline to change to the current low... same push from the bottom....

The reverse of the crypto space... which like the whole Q bit is so intel related, it's not funny.... same scam as usual.... with Soros on board to soak up some of the sellout on the lows, they have the opposite problem of the PMs... sort of.... finding buyers when they want to sell... as the buzz has worn off, and momentum faded..... into a channel... only in reverse.

Of course, the PMs rising trendline fits the PTB's 'out with the OWO, in with the NWO' gameplan.... takedown of the central banking system they created... .pump and dump on a larger scale.... as the PMs start to step out of that basement closet and see the stairway up... it's all in slow motion until it becomes a momentum play.... then you have to wonder if the proverbial 'rug' won't get pulled on the OWO banking/finacial system... 'bank holiday' et al. Either way, they are setting the stage for their grand finale of regime change.

Someone on another thread mentioned that they bought their gold from Apmex. I live in England, so I was wondering if there was a UK equovalent to Apmex or if prople living in UK bought from them to. I think unconsciously I was pushing back buying precious metal because it make everything much more real. Oh well.

I live in England, so I was wondering if there was a UK equovalent to Apmex or if prople living in UK bought from them to.
It's best to walk into your local gold coin shop in person with cash and walk out immediately with the gold or silver. A lot of people have been ripped off when there is any delay or shipping involved.

Back
Top Bottom