Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Sorry, but I just had to post this:

Sorry, but I see mostly in these videos you posted, besides any appreciation of the music : cult of personality and nationalism.
Not judging, but it shows that we have a very long way to go still, we collectively come from so low !
It is a feeling I get from watching and hearing Shaman, who is pretty talented and gives a lot of energy to be proud being Russian...

Sorry, but I see mostly in these videos you posted, besides any appreciation of the music : cult of personality and nationalism.
I wonder if the English speakers or the French understand the difference between a Russian and a Russian? :lol:
Russian is a nationality, an East Slavic ethnic group. A Russian is a person who has Russian citizenship. In other words, a citizen of the Russian Federation. A Russian can be a German, a Frenchman or a Papuan from New Guinea.:-D
Russia is a multinational country, it includes 190 nationalities.

I think that Vladimir Putin would prefer a different song for this video with him, for example: "I am a Russian(as a citizen of the Russian Federation, and not by nationality) - Eduard Khusnutdinov (premiere 2022)"

Lyrics of the song "I am a Russian(as a citizen of the Russian Federation, and not by nationality)", author Rashid Alibekov (Azerbaijani?)

I'm proud to be a Russian
And a citizen of a great country.
From Moscow to the very outskirts,
I am one in soul with Russia.

I was born and raised in Russia,
I am proud of the victories of my ancestors.
Don't put her on her knees
I always hold onto this truth.

Chorus:
Russia, I'll be with you to the end
Russia, may heaven keep you.
Russia, the peoples are a single fist,
Russia, may it always be so.

I'm proud to be a Russian
And a citizen of a great country.
From Moscow to the very outskirts,
I am one in soul with Russia.

The glorious banner will not fall,
The double-headed eagle will not droop.
The flame of my love will not go out,
I wove the truth into this song.
Я горжусь тем, что я Россиянин,
И великой страны гражданин.
От Москвы и до самых окраин,
Я душою с Россией един.

Я родился и вырос в России,
Я победами предков горжусь.
Не поставить ее на колени,
Этой правды всегда я держусь.

Припев:
Россия, я буду с тобой до конца,
Россия, хранят пусть тебя небеса.
Россия, народов единый кулак,
Россия, пусть всегда будет так.

Я горжусь тем, что я Россиянин,
И великой страны гражданин.
От Москвы и до самых окраин,
Я душою с Россией един.

Не опустится славное знамя,
Не поникнет двуглавый орёл.
Не погаснет любви моей пламя,
В эту песню я истину вплел.

Last edited:
Not judging, but it shows that we have a very long way to go still, we collectively come from so low !
It is a feeling I get from watching and hearing Shaman, who is pretty talented and gives a lot of energy to be proud being Russian...

In reply Esote I would say of course see what you want to see. But maybe consider you are in danger of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Nationalism has only been given a bad name by those who fear its capacity to motivate people against them, namely so called globalists, (or whatever unpleasant term you want to give them), and is mostly due to their pet project Nazism that they used against nations and then placed it on a pedestal as the prime example of why nationalism is so evil. This has subtly influenced people everywhere into believing pride in your national culture is inherently evil and equates with contempt for other nations, bigotry and an inevitable precursor to aggression. But healthy national pride is no different than love for one's family - it is about service, a willingness to do what is necessary to protect what is dear and to place such actions above one's own self-interest. I detect in the young mans lyrics gratitude, admiration of others, duty to self-sacrifice and a willingness to see beyond the needs of one's own nose. But if that's to be feared, so be it. As for the Putin video I see the same amplified 100 fold - service to others on a grand scale and the entire absence of false personality (as personified by the beautiful moment he gently bows and makes himself available to the hands of the blind girl who wants to feel his face).

I wonder if the English speakers or the French understand the difference between a Russian and a Russian? :lol:
Russian is a nationality, an East Slavic ethnic group. A Russian is a person who has Russian citizenship. In other words, a citizen of the Russian Federation. A Russian can be a German, a Frenchman or a Papuan from New Guinea.:-D

Exactly flesk. When a host of different ethnic/national cultures pick up and sing a song about being proud to call themselves Russian you know you are dealing with a complex and nuanced understanding that is far beyond the compartmentalized Western mind that has lost the one unifier that for good and ill made a difference - Christianity.

In reply Esote I would say of course see what you want to see. But maybe consider you are in danger of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Nationalism has only been given a bad name by those who fear its capacity to motivate people against them, namely so called globalists, (or whatever unpleasant term you want to give them), and is mostly due to their pet project Nazism that they used against nations and then placed it on a pedestal as the prime example of why nationalism is so evil. This has subtly influenced people everywhere into believing pride in your national culture is inherently evil and equates with contempt for other nations, bigotry and an inevitable precursor to aggression. But healthy national pride is no different than love for one's family - it is about service, a willingness to do what is necessary to protect what is dear and to place such actions above one's own self-interest. I detect in the young mans lyrics gratitude, admiration of others, duty to self-sacrifice and a willingness to see beyond the needs of one's own nose. But if that's to be feared, so be it. As for the Putin video I see the same amplified 100 fold - service to others on a grand scale and the entire absence of false personality (as personified by the beautiful moment he gently bows and makes himself available to the hands of the blind girl who wants to feel his face).

Exactly flesk. When a host of different ethnic/national cultures pick up and sing a song about being proud to call themselves Russian you know you are dealing with a complex and nuanced understanding that is far beyond the compartmentalized Western mind that has lost the one unifier that for good and ill made a difference - Christianity.

Thank you Michael B-C, for writing these words. It touches my heart deeply.

I don't think this has popped up here before; anyway, for those who haven't come across SHAMAN ak Yaroslav Yuryevich Dronov, Russia has found its young voice:

Its been taken up by the multitude of ethic nations that make up the Russian Federation and is being sung from west to east:

Here are a couple more. A very Russian talent with the voice and spirit to match.

We are all Russian now...

And again, thank you for bringing this very talented singer to the forum. Its so rare that "voice and spirit" match. In times like these to be reminded that there are such rare people like this singer and all of you that "do the necessary to protect what is dear and placing such actions [high] above one´s self interest" as the "one unifier" - Christianity, it brings so much faith into this world, to all of us - learning to unify.

I think that Vladimir Putin would prefer a different song for this video with him, for example: "I am a Russian(as a citizen of the Russian Federation, and not by nationality) - Eduard Khusnutdinov (premiere 2022)"

To make it a bit more clear, there is two expressions, which could puzzle the english speakers. One is Russ, that is ethnic south slavic russian, the other is Russki, which is: person with russian citizenship, person who lives in Russia. It literally means: of Russia.

There is difference between nationalism and national-schauvinism. Lately, people in the West are programmed to think of both of it as bad, while nationalism is just a love for your country and not bad.

In some countries, it is normal to love your own country and nation. Here, they even sing it in the parks. Song is Rodina, which is translated as fatherland, motherland (russians actually calls it: birthland = rodina)

Although both the German and Belgian defence ministries have declined to comment, it appears that Germany has bought 50 2nd hand Leopard 1 tanks from OIP Land Systems and is now paying Rheinmetall to strip them for parts or repair them. Apparently they could make it to Ukraine in 4-6 months…

Just more evidence that private arms companies are making a killing right now while western nations run out of military equipment

The German-made Leopards were at the centre of a public spat earlier this year after Belgian Defence Minister Ludivine Dedonder said the government had explored buying back tanks to send to Ukraine but had been quoted unreasonable prices.

The clash highlighted a predicament faced by Western governments trying find weapons for Ukraine after more than a year of intense warfare – arms they discarded as obsolete are now in high demand, and often owned by private companies.

"The fact that they leave our company proves that we asked for a fair market price and someone was more than happy to take them," Versluys said in a post on LinkedIn, accompanied by a picture of tanks next to a bottle of Ukrainian vodka.

He said the tanks were now being transported to a factory for a substantial overhaul. Some of the tanks would be used for spare parts while others would be repaired, he said. He estimated it could be four to six months before they are on the battlefield in Ukraine.

Handelsblatt said the 50 tanks would be refurbished at Rheinmetall factories in Germany and that 30 overhauled models would be made ready for export. It did not name any government as being behind the deal.

One is Russ, that is ethnic south slavic russian, the other is Russki, which is: person with russian citizenship, person who lives in Russia. It literally means: of Russia.
That’s wrong. Here is the difference (from Wiki):

Rossiyane (Russian: россияне) is a Russian language word that refers to all citizens of Russia. They were mostly born in Russia and mostly live in Russia. It is used in the Russian language to differentiate between people of Russia of all ethnic origins and Russians as an ethnicity (Russian plural: русские russkiye). It includes Tatars, Bashkirs, Chuvash people, Chechens, etc. Rossiyane have a common history and share a common Russia-related culture. In English the word Russians is ambiguous.

Although both the German and Belgian defence ministries have declined to comment, it appears that Germany has bought 50 2nd hand Leopard 1 tanks from OIP Land Systems and is now paying Rheinmetall to strip them for parts or repair them. Apparently they could make it to Ukraine in 4-6 months…

Just more evidence that private arms companies are making a killing right now while western nations run out of military equipment

More expensive coffins from which all those far away from this brutal conflict make money even on old tatty, worn out remnants whilst the blood of Ukrainian manhood is financially so low it has no price and is expected to go on bleeding into the dirt come what may. These people are the very definition of war criminals.

Col Douglas Macgregor continues to be one of a pitiful handful of public speakers in the West who gets the truth of this conflict on so many levels - geopolitical, historical, cultural, spiritual. The below is a prime example of his ability to distill all these elements into a cohesive picture of cause and effect, delusion and stark reality. He has no problem in defining a key essence of the Western 'elites' hatred of Russia as its resistance to the final erasing of christian ethics and a national identity based on a non-material vision of human nature. In other words, Russia is the control group that must be vaccinated. Remarkable to see - which in truth has often been the case - that it takes a soldier who was learnt his hard lessons on the battlefield to know the evil intent underlying so many wars.

Much respect to Macgregor because he seems to do little else but sit online all day giving lucid summary after lucid summary to a wide net of not just peers but also young bloggers like this one, treating each with equal courtesy and respect.

If NATO Goes Toe-To-Toe With The Russians NATO Will Lose

Edit: click the box above to go to YouTube location.

Some think that the best option for fighter jet for Ukraine would be JAS 39 Gripen, and not F-16.

Sure, it has some advantages. Without the ability to integrate it into a well equipped and trained air force, army and navy, to then conduct large scale combined armed ops, it will achieve nothing. It will be an annoyance, hitting strategic Russian targets sporadically for media victories. An annoyance at very high risk of becoming a very expensive, and embarrassing, flaming wreck.

That’s wrong. Here is the difference (from Wiki):

Rossiyane (Russian: россияне) is a Russian language word that refers to all citizens of Russia. They were mostly born in Russia and mostly live in Russia. It is used in the Russian language to differentiate between people of Russia of all ethnic origins and Russians as an ethnicity (Russian plural: русские russkiye). It includes Tatars, Bashkirs, Chuvash people, Chechens, etc. Rossiyane have a common history and share a common Russia-related culture. In English the word Russians is ambiguous.
You will pardon me. I am not russian, so I gave words in translation as seen outside Russia. In order to clear ambiguity which you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom