Queen Elizabeth II Dies - End of an Era

Queen Elizabeth II was more of an institution, I think.
Consider also that Liz Truss became Prime Minister on September 6. An interesting coincidence, isn't it?
Yes, like her ancestor Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth II became an institution and was rather like a mother figure to the nation, just as Victoria had been. Victoria died as the Second Boer War in South Africa (which was a bit like a British 'Vietnam') was drawing to an end and her death would lead to a period of introspection in Britain, since her long reign, in retrospect, would mark the apex of British power and prestige. Victoria was succeeded by her son Albert, who became King Edward VII at the age of 59. Hence, in some ways we are seeing something of a repeat performance with a Prince of Wales finally coming to the throne in his old age at what is clearly a difficult time for the nation. Edward would reign for a mere nine years. I suspect Charles's reign could even be shorter.

As for the Liz Truss connection, in fairness, we should note that her Christian or first name is Mary but she evidently prefers to go by her second name of Elizabeth, which she seems happy to shorten to Liz. As an aside, my mother's name is Elizabeth and everyone calls her 'Liz' but, unlike Liz Truss, she hates the name Liz or Lizzie.

I must say that Queen Elizabeth's death has come as a profound shock to everyone here in the UK since she was pictured smiling and greeting Liz Truss, as her new (and now last) prime minister in Balmoral on Tuesday. If then you had said she would be dead two days later, nobody would have believed you. However, the C's had said "Queen Elizabeth serious illness; blood related", which makes me wonder whether her death, like so many others in recent times, could have been connected to the Covid vaccinations. At the moment, the National Health Service in England is heavily promoting the fifth Covid vaccination ("kill shot") in preparation for the coming winter. It would be interesting to know when the Queen had her last vaccination. I seem to recall that the C's confirmed a while ago that VIP's were not receiving placebo injections, so if the Queen was having her vaccine shots, they would have been the real thing.

My father-in-law lost his second wife just a few weeks ago after she developed a tear to her Aorta (called a dissection) suddenly out of the blue. Like the Queen, she was elderly, passing away quickly at the age of 92. Although it would be hard to prove a causal link to the vaccination, I know that she (coincidentally her name was Liz too!) was up-to-date with all her Covid vaccinations. I appreciate that the Covid vaccines are causing inflammation within the body, including within the arterial system, but whether that could lead to an aortic dissection, I don't know.

As things stand at the moment, there has been no official announcement of the cause of the Queen's death, so I could be wildly off target here. However, it is a thought.​

Historically I find it ironic that a royal came down from Scotland to then take over the reign of the UK. And that our Queen. who so loved Balmoral, in Scotland, chose to follow her routine and opt to stay in her beloved Balmoral castle again, in Scotland (I also feel she knew her days were numbered, excluding a possible toxic Covid vax). As if a circuit was made? Consciously or unconsciously.

So I started also looking up connections between Queen Elizabeth 1 and Queem Elizabeth 11.

This is what I found:

The Exact Relationship between Elizabeth II and Elizabeth I​

BY WORLD HISTORY EDU · PUBLISHED JUNE 18, 2019 · UPDATED MAY 16, 2022

In recorded British and English history, there have been 8 women that occupied the highest role in the land. These 8 Queens are: Empress Matilda; Lady Jane Grey; Mary I (Mary Tudor, also known as Bloody Mary); Elizabeth I; Mary II; Queen Anne; Queen Victoria; and Elizabeth II. It would interest you to know that these women rulers , one way or the other, left a lasting mark on England and Great Britain. You could say that the achievements of some of these women rank as high as any of the best kings England and Great Britain has witnessed.

Elizabeth I versus Elizabeth II

Queen Elizabeth I’s family tree (image source)
Elizabeth I was crowned queen of England in 1558. This was after the death of her half-sister- Queen Mary I. Elizabeth’s parents were King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Her family’s roots lie in the House of Tudor. The Tudors was a powerful ruling family in England. The first Tudor to rule England did so in the late 1400s. In the case of Elizabeth I, her father was the son of King Henry VII.

Based on the above explanation, this is how Elizabeth I’s family tree looked like in terms of those who became kings or queens:
  1. Henry VII
  2. Henry VIII
  3. Elizabeth I

The moment Elizabeth I passed away, the House of Tudor ceased to exist. Commonly called the “Virgin Queen”, Elizabeth I’s lack of any child meant that the crown was passed to her first cousin two removed – James VI of Scotland.

A brief look at Queen Elizabeth II’s family and background

Queen Elizabeth II was born on April 21, 1926, to parents – King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. After the death of her father in 1952, Princess Elizabeth was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on June 2, 1953. Although Elizabeth II belongs to the House of Windsor, historical records show that her ancestors came from different houses. Let’s now trace Elizabeth II’s ancestral lineage.
  1. Henry VII
  2. Henry VIII
  3. Elizabeth I
  4. James VI and I (King of Scotland and England)
  5. Charles I
  6. Charles II
  7. James VII and II (King of Scotland and England)
  8. Joint rule of Mary II and William III.
  9. Queen Anne (Scotland and England merged to form Great Britain)
  10. George I
  11. George II
  12. George III
  13. William IV
  14. Queen Victoria

The Connection – King Henry VII

Based on the descriptions above, it is apparently clear that Queen Elizabeth II was not a direct descendant of Queen Elizabeth I. Instead they appear to be distant cousins. What is obvious is that the two women monarchs once shared a common ancestor. That ancestor was King Henry VII.
Henry VII was Elizabeth I’s grandfather. It turned out that, Henry VII’s daughter, Princess Margaret, married a member of the House of Stuart in Scotland. Margaret’s granddaughter was Mary I, Queen of Scots. In turn, Mary, Queen of Scots, gave birth to James VI of Scotland (also known as James I of England and Ireland).
And upon the death of the childless Elizabeth I (of the House Tudor), the English crown passed to her first cousin twice removed James VI (of the House of Stuart). The new king now had the title James I of England and Ireland in addition to his Scottish title – James VI. It means that James I’s great great grandfather was Henry VII.
Starting from James I, the following are all the monarchs that came from the House of Stuart:
  1. James VI and I (King of Scotland and England)
  2. Charles I
  3. Charles II
  4. James VII and II (King of Scotland and England)
  5. Mary II and William III (Joint rule)
  6. Queen Anne (Scotland and England merged to form Great Britain)
After the death of Queen Anne (she was childless), the British crown moved from the House of Stuart to the House of Hanover. The House of Hanover produced the following 5 rulers:
  1. George I
  2. George II
  3. George III
  4. William IV
  5. Queen Victoria
After Queen Victoria’s death, the new king ventured into another house. Thus, Edward VII’s house became Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. This was as a result of his father’s (Prince Albert) House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. However, this house did not last for long. Edward VII’s successor, George V, changed the name of the house to Windsor. The decision to do so was borne out of the need to distant the British monarch far from their German roots. England was in a brutal war with Germany in World War I by then.
Ever since 1917, the house of the British royal family has been known as Windsor. Here is a list of all the monarchs that have come from House Windsor:
  1. Edward VIII
  2. George VI
  3. Queen Elizabeth II

Conclusion

After careful analysis of the British royal family tree, we can confidently say that Queen Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth II shared a common ancestor called Henry VII (reign- 1495- 1509) of the House Tudor.

Counting from Elizabeth II’s grandfather, George V, Elizabeth II is Elizabeth I’s the first cousin fourteen times removed. On the other hand, if the calculation is made through Queen Elizabeth II’s grandmother- Mary of Teck- the connection becomes 13 times removed from Elizabeth I.
Queen-Elizabeth-II-of-England-1.png

I admit that I posted my thoughts prior to seeing any reports from BBC yuk ( who will obviously not report on any tribute from Russia) and all the reports are so predictable from their political stances. I purely did a Goggle search for ' The Queen today' then saw posts about her death. I was in total wishful thinking mode and disbelief despite the obvious glaring reality. Internet here in a restaurant had become erratic so TV kept stopping for ages, but enough for me to notice that all newscasters were all dressed in black. BEFORE the event or official announcement. Or was it? Time of death is still not given yet.
As my phone battery had died I had to get to my laptop! Although morose today, for no reason as was seeing a girl friend back from Belarus, after a long time, which I so looked forward to, I felt compelled to call into the shop to get a bottle of rose wine - I never have alcohol at home, nor have a need for it usually.
I am so glad I did, (not good coping mechanism I admit), but felt doom and gloom was about to be revealed once I connected on my laptop. Well after many tears it is a combination of love, celebration of an incredible person, who epitomized the last of a Divine tradition, commiseration, and grief. Like so many others. What an incredibly unique and courageous, yet natural and authentic Christian (Christus?) spirit has timely left this world. With the celestial rainbows to celebrate her passing like another magnificent prior.

For once all the tributes from those reaching the news actually made sense, and depicted our Lillibet correctly. How could they not. But from totally opposing dark characters!

However, the one I totally despised was that of Liz Truss (strange as a Liz myself I noted the short period of two Liz's in power, but so obviously at totally different spectrums from each other), for just 48 hours. Why? Because she was an avid anti monarchist and a total embarrassment with toxic media comments years before.

But the reason I am posting now is because I would like everyone to study the last photo of our Queen in Balmorral? Taken before the photo with Liz Truss. )Sad that the world has that awful last photo to remember with the tall over powering Liz Truss, and dressed in black to boot!) Did she know something we were not aware of beforehand? ok speculation.

I do not know if it just the lighting or a reflection from the fire, but the Queen has a definite red mark on the left side of her face. A large on at that. A possible fall? I took photos of it on my mobile phone.

Yes, as usual there are speculations that this was a double for the Queen on this photo, so not to scare the nation that she had already died. So am just posting fyi.

I welcome others to view the photos on the extended News at Ten version of these photos. Especially as the nation has not actually yet been told about the true cause of death yet. Nor the actual time for that matter afik. Which Royals actually made it in time? Ironically not Harry. ( they so do not seem to be anything like their mother Princess Diana sadly in their behaviours, and William seems to spout the official WEF lines naturally) DCM please help us! :-)

Re Charles? Well the last King Charles 2 was beheaded wasn't he? And that Camilla got to become Queen!e

Well sorry but all I can see in front of us is the Goon show. Or Monty Python for that matter.

I am so very happy that our magnificent Queen can finally be with the love of her life. And am so grateful for all the reminders, I wish to hold dearly and do my best to emulate, of all the incredible insightful things she said and did in her life that epitomize an STO character and role model.

Julius Caesar was given a comet, but a rainbow depicts happiness and laughter in its colours, and everything she represented and deserved.

Flip side is holographic 666 depiction of gay pride colours. But I don't buy that. Not looked for interpretations yet, but am sure will be used!

For me, always, I will remember on her coronation the time in Westminster Abbey where she goes by herself into a holy part and dedicates/talks to God. And her public oath of allegiance to God, her people, as their servant, and may she be judged by her people as to how she has served. Sworn on the Bible. She dedicated her live to true and humble service for the Good of all her peoples. IMO

Is she also in Caesar's soul group? If that is the best we have historically on our planet, then I cannot think why not?

We have defo reached a 'junction' now. But we also have those pesky 36 million space travelers arriving, not to mention all those in the nether/inner regions of planet!

What I so miss is that we no longer have the female consort, The Queen. We have gone back to male control/role model. When we least needed it!

Guess it is time to go back to the non anticipation thread folks.
I share your sense of loss as do countless millions in this country. I think there will be a great outpouring of grief in the coming days. You have to be my elderly mother's sort of age to remember someone else reigning on the British throne.

Just to correct you on one small point though. Where you say "Re Charles? Well the last King Charles 2 was beheaded wasn't he?", this wasn't the case. It was in fact his father, Charles I, who was beheaded by the Parliamentarians. Charles II died safely in his bed, although in his lifetime he shared an awful lot of other beds too, siring a large number of illegitimate children, many of who became Dukes and Lords. Indeed, in English history Charles II is known as the 'Merry Monarch' for good reason.

However, you are correct in suggesting that Charles is not a regal name that has inspired great confidence, given the historic legacy linked with the two previous (Stuart) holders of the throne who used that name. Indeed, there were some commentators who were a bit surprised when King Charles indicated that he would be using his first or Christian name as king, since he had dropped hints in the past that he might choose another of his given names, such as George, when ascending the throne.

Where you mention the 'Goon Show', I assume you did so because you are aware that King Charles III was, and is still is, a huge fan of that famous radio show and used to do a passable imitation of the well known fictitious characters on it, as created by the show's writer, and one of its three main stars, Spike Milligan. Incidentally, it was also the show that subsequently inspired the Monty Python Team and their brand of surreal comedy. If you were not aware, then your reference was truly uncanny.

See: The Goon Show - Wikipedia

Also from Wikipedia:

Charles, Prince of Wales, was a fan of Spike Milligan. When Milligan received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the British Comedy Awards in 1994, the prince sent a congratulatory message to be read out on live television. The comedian interrupted the message to call the prince a "little grovelling bastard". He later faxed the prince, saying: "I suppose a knighthood is out of the question?"

In reality, he and the prince were very close friends, and Milligan had already been made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1992 (honorary because of his Irish citizenship). He was made an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) in 2001.

happyliza said:
Historically I find it ironic that a royal came down from Scotland to then take over the reign of the UK. And that our Queen. who so loved Balmoral, in Scotland, chose to follow her routine and opt to stay in her beloved Balmoral castle again, in Scotland (I also feel she knew her days were numbered, excluding a possible toxic Covid vax). As if a circuit was made? Consciously or unconsciously.

Don't forget the Queen's strong Scottish links through her late mother who was Scottish on her father's side. Quoting from Wikipedia:

"Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon was the youngest daughter and the ninth of ten children of Claude Bowes-Lyon, Lord Glamis (later the 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne in the Peerage of Scotland), and his wife, Cecilia Cavendish-Bentinck.
Elizabeth spent much of her childhood at St Paul's Walden and at Glamis Castle, the Earl's ancestral home in
Scotland."

I would suggest that her mother's love of Scotland strongly influenced the Queen in this direction too. Moreover Balmoral was the place that the Queen and her immediate family usually spent their summer holidays. So she had many happy memories associated with Balmoral.​

The departure of queen Elizabeth marks a new era, and its flagship is Charles "you plebs will eat grass and bugs, and those who survive will be happy being slaves because we say so". Not a very enchanting era which hopefully will be short lived. Maybe she decided to depart, at some level, in order not to be involved in what's to come, which is already happening, since she cannot reverse the deterioration of life in her kingdom and beyond anyway, and it is too painful to watch.

I thought the same too; and thanks for posting.

May she rest in peace and her transition be smooth.

The departure of queen Elizabeth marks a new era, and its flagship is Charles "you plebs will eat grass and bugs, and those who survive will be happy being slaves because we say so". Not a very enchanting era which hopefully will be short lived. Maybe she decided to depart, at some level, in order not to be involved in what's to come, which is already happening, since she cannot reverse the deterioration of life in her kingdom and beyond anyway, and it is too painful to watch.
This is the feeling I was left with after learning the news this afternoon, it is the end of an era and not because she was the longest sitting monarch, and a lot went on in her rule, but the state of the world, it does seem like it's out of control enough for her passing to be a bit more meaningful than a simple monarch going.

As of late I have begun to consider the monarchy from a different perspective and it's what a royal family represents to a lot of people, there's a discussion elsewhere about The Lord of The Rings and one of the figures that has an importance beyond their persons is the king, or the power and responsibility that a person in that position has to make the lives of those under him or her better or worse. And the connection that these figures represent to the past of a people.

And these royal families had the power to inspire others, so I think this is meaningful one way or the other. Didn't know much about her personally, but I never disliked her outright, I hope her passing is smooth.

Not sure how I feel about King Charles III, or his heirs to the throne.

The departure of queen Elizabeth marks a new era, and its flagship is Charles "you plebs will eat grass and bugs, and those who survive will be happy being slaves because we say so". Not a very enchanting era which hopefully will be short lived.

A look into the newly crowned King Charles III on Matt Ehret's website:

CHARLES’ EMPIRE: THE ROYAL RESET RIDDLE

Excerpt:
His official website announced on June 3 2020: “Today, through HRH’s Sustainable Markets Initiative and the World Economic Forum, The Prince of Wales launched a new global initiative, The Great Reset”.

A royal tweet declared: “#TheGreatReset initiative is designed to ensure businesses and communities ‘build back better’ by putting sustainable business practices at the heart of their operations as they begin to recover from the coronavirus pandemic”.

But the reality, as we will show here, is that he is the head (or the very willing figurehead) of a vast empire of nefarious financial interests hiding hypocritically behind a facade of charitable philanthropy.

I'm not one to dance on the grave of the freshly departed, but all this feels like is good riddance. I've grown in one of those oppressed cultures where the mythos of the Crown was grander than life and ominous.

And by the time I was 20, I had witnessed directly that the mythos was not a myth, saw the interference of the Crown repeatedly taking over the supposedly sovereign politics of our commonwealth nation. I hold no personal grudge against the Queen personally, but the reality is that she enabled and embodied the totalitarian institution which fueled every kind of top-down exploitation you can imagine, its very self-definition a declaration of war against individual sovereignty.

I've called the Crown inbred psychopaths for the last 15 years, and I'm not going to stop just because the old hag croaked. But it does feel weird when non-British citizens, and especially Americans, voice sympathy for the keystone of the institution that seriously intended their annihilation.

Charles III becomes new British monarch​

"The eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II has assumed the crown after her death"

"The newly-crowned monarch, whose full name is Charles Philip Arthur George, has opted to keep the name Charles III for his official title,"

"His longtime companion Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, becomes queen consort."

Article below:

I shudder at the thought of him becoming king. Another psychopath in power..... the good news is he will not be there long. He is extremely self-centered and will eventually anger the public in one form or another. Count on it. No one likes him and the people would prefer William over him. So let's hope that is the case. There's been lots of predictions that eventually they will be forced to abdicate and live in exile. Only time will tell!

Yes, like her ancestor Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth II became an institution and was rather like a mother figure to the nation, just as Victoria had been. Victoria died as the Second Boer War in South Africa (which was a bit like a British 'Vietnam') was drawing to an end and her death would lead to a period of introspection in Britain, since her long reign, in retrospect, would mark the apex of British power and prestige. Victoria was succeeded by her son Albert, who became King Edward VII at the age of 59. Hence, in some ways we are seeing something of a repeat performance with a Prince of Wales finally coming to the throne in his old age at what is clearly a difficult time for the nation. Edward would reign for a mere nine years. I suspect Charles's reign could even be shorter.

As for the Liz Truss connection, in fairness, we should note that her Christian or first name is Mary but she evidently prefers to go by her second name of Elizabeth, which she seems happy to shorten to Liz. As an aside, my mother's name is Elizabeth and everyone calls her 'Liz' but, unlike Liz Truss, she hates the name Liz or Lizzie.

I must say that Queen Elizabeth's death has come as a profound shock to everyone here in the UK since she was pictured smiling and greeting Liz Truss, as her new (and now last) prime minister in Balmoral on Tuesday. If then you had said she would be dead two days later, nobody would have believed you. However, the C's had said "Queen Elizabeth serious illness; blood related", which makes me wonder whether her death, like so many others in recent times, could have been connected to the Covid vaccinations. At the moment, the National Health Service in England is heavily promoting the fifth Covid vaccination ("kill shot") in preparation for the coming winter. It would be interesting to know when the Queen had her last vaccination. I seem to recall that the C's confirmed a while ago that VIP's were not receiving placebo injections, so if the Queen was having her vaccine shots, they would have been the real thing.

My father-in-law lost his second wife just a few weeks ago after she developed a tear to her Aorta (called a dissection) suddenly out of the blue. Like the Queen, she was elderly, passing away quickly at the age of 92. Although it would be hard to prove a causal link to the vaccination, I know that she (coincidentally her name was Liz too!) was up-to-date with all her Covid vaccinations. I appreciate that the Covid vaccines are causing inflammation within the body, including within the arterial system, but whether that could lead to an aortic dissection, I don't know.

As things stand at the moment, there has been no official announcement of the cause of the Queen's death, so I could be wildly off target here. However, it is a thought.​
Re her blood disease: there was speculation that Princess Margaret had porphyria like Mary, Queen of Scott. Maybe she had it too? You may be right about the Covid vaccine. At her age, it was not safe and created side effects she could not cope with. Despite her background, she was poised, elegant and a very interesting lady! I was thrilled she had a chance to see little Lilibeth before passing. Rest in peace, Queen Lilibeth!

Putin's condolences to the Royal family :

“The most important events in the modern history of the United Kingdom are inseparably linked to the name of Her Majesty. For many decades, Elizabeth II rightfully enjoyed the love and respect of her subjects, as well as authority on the world stage,” Putin said, wishing Charles III “courage and perseverance” in the face of this “heavy and irreparable loss.”

“I ask you to convey the words of sincere sympathy and support to the members of the royal family and all the people of Great Britain,”
the Russian president added.

Back
Top Bottom