Recommended Books: Discussion

Hi Gertrudes,

Yes, thanks. I've re-ordered those three anyway. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed!

:cool2:

[quote author=John Today] Does anyone know if any of these books are available in audiobook format? [/quote]

If only...

As far as I know, only 'The Sociopath Next Door' by Martha Stout is an audiobook. Last time I looked, it was available from audible.us.com

John! said:
Does anyone know if any of these books are available in audiobook format?

Check Amazon for audiobooks. I know Beelzebub's Tales is available in audiobook, I have it on my computer. Usually by searching for a title you'll have in the results all the different formats for a title i.e. hardcover, paperback, CD.

Heimdallr said:
Check Amazon for audiobooks. I know Beelzebub's Tales is available in audiobook, I have it on my computer. Usually by searching for a title you'll have in the results all the different formats for a title i.e. hardcover, paperback, CD.

Beelzebub's Tales Audiobook is out of stock at Amazon, but you can get it from here, and they ship internationally:
http://triadbooks.sectorlink.org/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=0919608167

Heimdallr said:
John! said:

How many hours is the audiobook? :D

Heimdallr said:
John! said:

Ok, I'll try there. I was searching audible earlier but found just the one that Bedower mentioned. I was thinking that, since I have a 45 minute commute to work, that it would be nice to be able to listen to some of these books in audiobook format during that time.

Johnno said:
Heimdallr said:

How many hours is the audiobook? :D

LOL! iTunes says it is 1.9 days!!!! of audio. So about 47 hours... :shock:

Heimdallr said:
LOL! iTunes says it is 1.9 days!!!! of audio. So about 47 hours... :shock:

Sheesh! But then again, I started this book last year some time and I never made it past page 305!! :whistle:

John! said:

I have found that the Ultramind Solution, Mean Genes, Molecules of Emotion, Shock Doctrine, Drama of the Gifted Child, Blink, Bringers of the Dawn, Sociopath Next Door, Beezlebub's Tales, The Chalice and the Blade, Defying Hitler, and some of Castaneda's books are in audiobook form. But I can't say how much of each book has been cut out when they create the audio form.

Masamune said:
John! said:

I have found that the Ultramind Solution, Mean Genes, Molecules of Emotion, Shock Doctrine, Drama of the Gifted Child, Blink, Bringers of the Dawn, Sociopath Next Door, Beezlebub's Tales, The Chalice and the Blade, Defying Hitler, and some of Castaneda's books are in audiobook form. But I can't say how much of each book has been cut out when they create the audio form.

Where did you find them? Amazon or some other website?

John! said:
Masamune said:
John! said:

Where did you find them? Amazon or some other website?

Some are at amazon, some are at other stores. I just search on google for the book title or author with the word audiobook and then the results come up. For example here is Drama of the Gifted Child: http://www.amazon.com/Drama-Gifted-Child-Alice-Miller/dp/1559944293/ref=tmm_abk_title_sr

Defying Hitler: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Defying-Hitler/Sebastian-Haffner/e/9780786191413

[quote author=Masamune yesterday] I just search on google for the book title or author with the word audiobook and then the results come up. [/quote]

That comes under the heading of; 'So obvious when someone points it out!' :lol:

Thanks, Masamune, for both the link to 'Drama of the Gifted Child' and that invaluable tip!

:cool2:

"Bringers of the Dawn" (read by its author, Barbara Marciniak) is available in its entirety on Google video:

_http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2573748716651941643&ei=M8geS_m0B4fCrQKa4tmeDA&q=Bringers+of+the+Dawn&hl=en&client=pub-6263300333013957#

Back
Top Bottom