Recommended Books: Discussion

Does anyone know any good hypnosis books (i.e. academic style, well-referenced books)?

Since it was recommended before, it might be useful to read up on it first...

Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me if The Narcissistic Family, Trapped in the Mirror or The Drama of the Gifted Child are available in french? Or if anyone knows of some french titles on the same subject that they would recommend? Or is there a french recommended reading list? Or, or, or...

Thank you.

mocachapeau said:
Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me if The Narcissistic Family, Trapped in the Mirror or The Drama of the Gifted Child are available in french? Or if anyone knows of some french titles on the same subject that they would recommend? Or is there a french recommended reading list? Or, or, or...

Thank you.

Hi Mocachapeau,

Unfortunately The Narcissistic Family and Trapped in the Mirror have not been translated in French.

The Drama of the Gifted Child is available in French (1st edition is entitled Le drame de l'enfant doué, 2nd edition is entitled L'avenir du drame de l'enfant doué)

As far as narcissism / psychopathy is concerned you might want to read Marie-France Irigoyen's books about narcissism (she calls psychopaths "pervers narcissique" but the whole processes, psychological profiles, interpersonal relations she describes are quite the same as in the reference books about psychopathy).

There's no French list of recommended books.

Hi Belibaste,

This is a huge help, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond. At some point I'm going to have to post something about my most recent discoveries. God bless SOTT.

looking to see if anyone has read/is reading 'A suggestive inquiry into the hermetic mystery' by Mary Atwood.
Any opinions?
I think the only ones interested in it would be the hardcore alchemist folk.

keep on trukin.

lamalamalamalama said:
looking to see if anyone has read/is reading 'A suggestive inquiry into the hermetic mystery' by Mary Atwood.
Any opinions?
I think the only ones interested in it would be the hardcore alchemist folk.

keep on trukin.

Hi lamalamalamalama,
Welcome to the forum. In stating that the book is only for hardcore alchemists it sounds as though you have read it. Perhaps you could give a review of it based on your own reading of it.

Hi just a suggestion:

Is there a chance in updating the entry post of Johnno, that means editing the recommended booklist (sorting the sections from up to down: most important read, more important read, important read…)?
What is missing, imo, is the health section, so far as I know: "the magnesium miracle", "the ultra mind solution", "detoxify or die"…

Well, when I think back at my very beginning in participating in this forum/reading, I used the entry list very often as kind of a map and where to next work on.
Maybe other newbies using it as well.

The original post has been updated to include the health books and John Keel's books.

Wow, what a list, very well sorted!

Johnno said:
It's a real open source document isn't it? :cool: Not sure what version we're up to though.

And with every new edition, I think, it became longer, so I guess it's version: somebooksmore.3.3 ;D

Thanks for the update Pinkerton. Just one question though. I noticed that the Wave is listed in brackets as Books 1-8. Is book 8 out or is that going to be the final volume? :huh:

Vulcan59 said:
Thanks for the update Pinkerton. Just one question though. I noticed that the Wave is listed in brackets as Books 1-8. Is book 8 out or is that going to be the final volume? :huh:

Wave 8 will hopefully be available sometime this year!

Back
Top Bottom