Recommended Books: Discussion

CarpeDiem said:
there is also a book The Psychopath : Emotion and the Brain by James Blair, Derek Mitchell, Karina Blair, Blackwell Publishing, 2005

Amazon, Canada

excerpt from chapter 1
Harrison left a comment on amazon 'advanced but excellent!' Thanks, on list!
There are some good reviews of the book on amazon.com, too. Basically, don't read it if you want descriptions of psychopaths or their behaviour. There's also lots of psychology jargon that may be tough to digest.

Hi just found this link, very helpful start for reading suggestions. I was just wondering where i could find the C's transcripts. I have been around the links on SOTT and Cass website, but just kept missing the link. Maybe if someone could provide a link to it, very grateful. Thank you all.

Nell-Li said:
Hi just found this link, very helpful start for reading suggestions. I was just wondering where i could find the C's transcripts. I have been around the links on SOTT and Cass website, but just kept missing the link. Maybe if someone could provide a link to it, very grateful. Thank you all.
SAO have provided what you ask for in this thread:
https://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7754.msg55362#msg55362

fwiw

Can anyone suggest which books to read first? The Wave Series, Adventures Series or The Secret History of the World? I intend to get them all (cha-ching) but would like to know which ones I should read first :)

Thank you so much.

I'd suggest either starting with Wave Book 1, or Secret History. The adventure series is being published as volumes 5, 6, and 7 of the wave books.

I'd like to recommend Web of Deceit, by Mark Curtis. Here's a couple of excerpts from the back cover blurb:

[…]Mark Curtis reveals a new picture of Britain's role in the world since 1945 and in the 'war against terrorism' by offering a comprehensive critique of the Blair government's foreign policy. Curtis argues that Britain is an 'outlaw state', often a violator of international law and ally of many repressive regimes. He reasons not only that Britain's foreign policies are generally unethical but that they are also making the world more dangerous and unequal.
Drawing on formerly secret files, the book also shows British complicity in the slaughter of a million people in Indonesia in 1965; the depopulation of the island of Diego Garcia; the overthrow of governments in Iran and British Guiana; repressive colonial policies in Kenya, Malaya and Oman; and much more.
Web of Deceit is written in an accessible style, and while the author is clearly outraged by some of his observations and conclusions, this is not an emotional rant, rather a well researched and well presented study of the ugly truth about Britain. It is an excellent tool for demolishing any sacred cows about the British government. Especially recommended for UK citizens.

Regarding Ouspensky`s "The Fourth Way"
I bought this along with ISOTM, thinking it might help me understand "In Search Of...".
Now I`ve just read the thread "Imitation Fourth Way Groups Started by Gurdjieff Rejects", in which it becomes clear, that Ouspensky`s "cup" was maybe too full; that he understood G`s teaching "only" intellectually and that he couldn`t overcome his subjectivity.
My question, simply put:
Would you rather recommend NOT reading 4th way?

Third_Density_Resident said:
If yes, the question then remains as to which book, as there as so many on the phenomenon, some much better than others. I'm currently reading one now (Secrets in the Fields: The Science and Mysticism of Crop Circles by Freddy Silva) which is helpful and informative at times (that is to say, factual), but at other times it's very speculative and a little too "New Agey". However it is very much in keeping with the idea that the phenomenon is caused by some sort of advanced consciousness, not of our "dimension", and not by "aliens". That said, I don't recommend this book for the list, but I still recommend it to anyone with an open mind and an interest in the crop circle phenomenon. Its numerous diagrams and illustrations are quite excellent, and the geometrical analyses are intriguing.
I've had this book for a couple years and decided to give it a read. I liked the first half because the author gave background information on the history of crop circles and how investigators distinguished between hoaxs and the real thing. As TDR mentioned the 2nd half was more "New Agey". My first book on crop circles and I think worth the reader's time.

nemo said:
My question, simply put:
Would you rather recommend NOT reading 4th way?
I wouldn't recommend reading it, when there are many better books. Maybe later, after you have run out of 4th way books, but even then you have to really read it with an eye for discernment and not allow it to clutter your concepts of the Work.

For a good understanding of the inadequacies of 4th Way check out Struggle of the Magicians by Patterson. A fascinating and enjoyable read. Struggle may very well do a better job of enhancing your understanding of the 4th Way, than The Fourth Way.

'The Thirteenth Tribe' by Arthur Koestler was out of print when I tried to buy it, but can be found online here:

http://198.62.75.1/www2/koestler/

Considering recent world events and how things are speeding up, I have decided to put Beelzebub's t. away for a few days and go back to Stephen King's The Stand to read it again. It is possible future in a format that I can better digest right now and maybe last time I have missed some good survival tips . So, I'll just enjoooooy and wait for mother Abigail to call me!!!!!!!! (I'll just close one eye to little religious rubbish in it)

And now, you can just shoot me for bad taste.

Nela said:
Considering recent world events and how things are speeding up, I have decided to put Beelzebub's t. away for a few days and go back to Stephen King's The Stand to read it again. It is possible future in a format that I can better digest right now and maybe last time I have missed some good survival tips . So, I'll just enjoooooy and wait for mother Abigail to call me!!!!!!!! (I'll just close one eye to little religious rubbish in it)

And now, you can just shoot me for bad taste.

Hi Nela, apologies for my confusion, but you're joking, correct?

Back
Top Bottom