Recommended Reiki Master?

Carlise said:
So I am now apparently attuned to reiki. I don't feel much different at all, and I feel no heat coming from my hands. The girl I practiced on said she could feel it coming from me, but she may have been deluded or possibly lying to spare my feelings :halo: . I have my suspicions that I have wasted my money, and therefore learned a lesson, but I will continue practicing the self healing positions to see if anything happens when I'm in the comfort of my own home and able to fully relax.

I really didn't know what to expect for my first attunement. Did the "master" tell you to close your eyes during the process? I guess you aren't supposed to see it. I did see a bunch of swirlling purple with my eyes closed during the process. I also felt a heaviness sort drop through me initially, kind of like when an elevator stops abruptly and you feel like your body is still going up, then it comes down abruptly. I've had several other attunements since then but felt nothing during them, maybe cause I "expected" to feel that again.

I feel my hards are warm, sometimes slightly, sometimes a lot. I think maybe it depends on how clear your own channel/groove is at the time. I seem to "power on" more after I've done pipe breathing and the POTS, and I get a lot of swirling purple with my eyes closed.

Keep practicising, maybe the heat will come. I do it on my elderly cat while he's sitting on my lap. Sometimes I swear that's what keeps him going. :)

Mrs. Peel said:
Carlise said:
So I am now apparently attuned to reiki. I don't feel much different at all, and I feel no heat coming from my hands. The girl I practiced on said she could feel it coming from me, but she may have been deluded or possibly lying to spare my feelings :halo: . I have my suspicions that I have wasted my money, and therefore learned a lesson, but I will continue practicing the self healing positions to see if anything happens when I'm in the comfort of my own home and able to fully relax.

I really didn't know what to expect for my first attunement. Did the "master" tell you to close your eyes during the process? I guess you aren't supposed to see it. I

It may differ according to the teacher, but I remember during my teacher training that my teacher emphasized the fact that the 'keeping eyes closed' isn't because we want to keep any secrets - we don't want to give the impression that Reiki has some secret knowledge that only the "masters" know. It's because the eyes radiate a lot of energy while open, and keeping them shut during the process 'keeps the energy in' and helps the individual to concentrate and stay focused. And, he added that even if the one who gets attuned would see the procedure, s/he couldn't do it before s/he would receive the last Reiki III attunement.

I just wanted to share the news of how a couple of days ago I finally completed my teacher training (3rd level) in Reiki. I received the final attunement, and am now licensed to teach Reiki according to the traditional Japanese 'Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai' principles. I'm glad to have completed this, since moving 400km away from my teacher last year made it more difficult to arrange meetings with him.

Hello Friends,
Feel free to engage in discussion about Traditional Reiki and to ask anything on your mind about it. If you are interested in Traditional Reiki Training, you may email me at (personal info removed for protection), Looking forward to hearing from you! Ellen

Attachments

• ellen_at_earth_day_festival_april_2002__edited.gif
    ellen_at_earth_day_festival_april_2002__edited.gif
    62.9 KB · Views: 50
Hi Radiant Windhorse,

If you're interested in participating here, it'd be great if you could post an intro in the newbies section of the forum. It doesn't have to be long, just how you found the forum and whatever else you're comfortable with. :)

Argonaut:
Here's the site of the one whom I think looks promising: _http://www.reikiteacher.org If anyone wants to take a look and let me know if she seems legitimate, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Aragorn:
A quick glance at reikiteacher.org didn't set any major alarms off in my head. All though IMO this Frank Arjava Pettersson is a highly questionable dude, since he's promoting him self as being the one who 'brought reiki BACK to Japan'! The best way to start, as you probably know and have done already, is to check out the persons in the lineage list.

Argonaut:
Thanks for checking it out. Here's Karuna's lineage list:

Mikao Usui
Churijo Hayashi
Hawayo Takata
Barbara McCullough
Helen Borth
Nancy Retzlaff
Karuna Krinsky

I know the lineage is solid through Takata; I'll do some checking on the last three (the fourth being Karuna herself). I didn't know that Frank Arjava Pettersson is questionable, so her recommendation of his book is a possible red flag.

LostBoy:
I also took a look at the ReikiTeacher.org website. I don't really find any red flags (aside from the possibly untrustworthy book referenced). She seems just a tad 'love and light' to me, but that's just an initial impression (and my own biases).
Anyone else want to comment on the above referenced site? It happens to be wonderfully close to me. Maybe worth at least checking out and reporting back for everyone here? Hmm..

Okay, so I've been interested in Reiki for several years now, I'm finally in a basically perfect situation to do it, and it seems that a teacher near enough to me might be of solid lineage. I've waited and read books, and then read of Laura's experiences and the C's comments on Reiki, and read the forum... so now, years and pages a-many behind me, I think I'm going to take the Reiki Plunge and get my first-level attunement. I've sent my registration form and will be putting a $30 deposit to hold my place until in the class, which takes place near the end of February.

So! I'm basically set and ready to go! However, so far I have only put $30 down and the class is a month away, so I'm taking this time before I'm fully committed to ask you all:

Does anyone have any further thoughts, comments, information or so on about the _www.ReikiTeacher.org website/teacher that they would like to offer before I attend her Reiki 1 class?

I would just beware of any teacher who wants to give you all three attunements in one weekend seminar.

Mrs. Peel said:
I would just beware of any teacher who wants to give you all three attunements in one weekend seminar.

You might be confusing this with the different levels? In the original Reiki 1 course you do receive four attunements: one 'opening' attunement on the morning of the first day, one 'deepening' at the end of the first day, another 'deepening' on the morning of the second day, and finally one 'closing/sealing' at the end of the second day.

Actually, I think that the information on that website (_reikiteacher.org) is surprisingly accurate. Based on that information I wouldn't see any problem attending.

So I just called and paid my $30 deposit to hold my place in the upcoming Reiki 1 class and spoke to Karuna herself. I have to say I have a very good first impression; well, what you can get in a phone conversation anyways. She made sure to let me know that her facility is several hours from me so as to be sure I knew well the distance and had or could make lodging arrangements as the class runs 2 full days. I'd already all known this, of course, but I thought it was a nice thought on her end. We went through my billing information easily. Then she told me I would be recieving a confirmation email likely by the end of the day confirming my deposit as well as including information about what to bring to the class, directions and so forth. Emails have been responded to quickly and completely, which I appreciate.
Overall I just got a pleasant tonality from her so far. I really hope that continues throughout.

Aragorn said:
Mrs. Peel said:

You might be confusing this with the different levels? In the original Reiki 1 course you do receive four attunements: one 'opening' attunement on the morning of the first day, one 'deepening' at the end of the first day, another 'deepening' on the morning of the second day, and finally one 'closing/sealing' at the end of the second day.

Actually, I think that the information on that website (_reikiteacher.org) is surprisingly accurate. Based on that information I wouldn't see any problem attending.

I agree with both of you somewhat. The first book I picked up on Reiki (Reiki:A Comprehensive Guide by Pamela Miles) mentioned that ideally she did the first four attunements over 3-4 days, IIRC, and I liked that idea. Now I'm obviously just getting into the world of Reiki, so this is just thoughts, but I like the idea of there being at least some amount of time for an attunement to sort of 'settle' and your body 'incorporate' it before recieving another. Karuna's class is probably the shortest amount of time I would consider to spend in a Reiki class. Any less time, or more specifically, any more attunements/the 4 attunements in any shorter amount of time and I would question my own body's ability to incorporate them completely. On the other hand, neither would I like the idea of taking a Reiki class that spanned a full month with each attunement being a week apart. The thought there being that perhaps the attunements being close enough in proximity might yield a greater overall 'grooving of the new energetic channel', so to speak.
Again, all just thoughts :rolleyes:

Aragorn said:
Mrs. Peel said:

Well, I was only given ONE attunement for each level, and that's what my Reiki master was taught also. So, you are getting the same attunement (say for Level I) four different times? Seems a bit of overkill (or extortion, if used to charge more) to me. ;)

The 1st level consists of 4 different attunements. Some Reiki teachers combine them and do them all at once. That is probably what your teacher did. They are supposed to be spread out over the course of two days.

Mrs. Peel said:
Aragorn said:
Mrs. Peel said:

Well, I was only given ONE attunement for each level, and that's what my Reiki master was taught also. So, you are getting the same attunement (say for Level I) four different times? Seems a bit of overkill (or extortion, if used to charge more) to me. ;)

That's the same way I received my attunements - once for each level (I've only done 2 levels, mind you).

dugdeep said:
That's the same way I received my attunements - once for each level (I've only done 2 levels, mind you).

There seems to be different schools of thought on this one. I've only done two levels also.

United Gnosis said:
Why, thanks for the great reply! That reiki website discussed upthread was really invaluable, so I'll keep studying in the meantime and trust my intuition to feel if anything is fishy when I meet her - because I'm going in :)

United Gnosis, how was your experiences with Ginnette Bellemare? I was encouraged that Laura said to go for it. I'm trying to find a master with a short and proper lineage who uses the proper traditional symbols, anywhere in the world. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom