Recommended Reiki Master?

A local practitioner of "Physical Emotional Release Therapy, massage, and teaches various clearing techniques had some interesting things to say about Reiki that I would like to get some feedback on. She claims to have some "psychic /clairvoyant " abilities, and she says that she has never seen a person who has taken Reiki training who doesn't have a whole bunch of negative energies attached to them. So she says what she does for those who ask is to clear those energies/attachments from the Reiki people. Based on all the reading about Reiki I've done on this forum and in The Wave, if the attunement had been received from a corrupted line, I'm guessing she could be right. But, is she just exaggerating about all of them having these messy energies attached? I'm really starting to question much of what she does, and I don’t know if I'm being unfair. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Does she have website? It would be useful to have more information about this person and her activities.

For example, how much does she charge for doing this clearing?

No, she doesn't have a website. A clearing session is $80.
She often runs a 6 week meditation series -one night a week, everyone meets, and does a group meditation drawing on her Cree background. I hesitate to go now because of the reading about rituals that I have done on here and in The Wave. It starts with smudging, then there is prayers to the four directions, inviting in the ancestors, Beings of light, etc. Into the space, lighting of candles. Then she does a guided meditation, everybody discusses their experience, then the closing of the circle, thanking the aforementioned "entities " she invited.
Clearings are sort of similar in a way to a Reiki session. Or a session with a Shaman. She feels /sees/senses where the attachment is on your body, then with a hands on approach, and breathing, clears it, with the client participating in visualizations. Also using selenite to "cut cords".

Meechel17 said:
She often runs a 6 week meditation series -one night a week, everyone meets, and does a group meditation drawing on her Cree background. I hesitate to go now because of the reading about rituals that I have done on here and in The Wave. It starts with smudging, then there is prayers to the four directions, inviting in the ancestors, Beings of light, etc. Into the space, lighting of candles. Then she does a guided meditation, everybody discusses their experience, then the closing of the circle, thanking the aforementioned "entities " she invited.
Clearings are sort of similar in a way to a Reiki session. Or a session with a Shaman. She feels /sees/senses where the attachment is on your body, then with a hands on approach, and breathing, clears it, with the client participating in visualizations. Also using selenite to "cut cords".

The session appears to have a very strong ritualistic/new-agey nature. I also found the idea of "inviting in" anything (ancestors, beings of light, what have you) equalizes the idea of "giving up your will over to someone or something". I don't think it would be safe.

If she really "feels /sees/senses where the attachment is" on a person's body, she could work with the spirit release therapy procedure and ditch the rest of what she was doing.

However, the fact that she had never seen a "person who has taken Reiki training who doesn't have negative energies" attached to them is very interesting. The questions on my mind are how do we know if these people didn't already had attachments before they took the training? Or, if by taking Reiki training, does the experiences/attunements (corrupted)/rituals surrounding thereof "increased" the energy of those already situated attachments to control over the persons easily (that they had before "influenced" the hosts to take Reiki?) and/or "collected" new attachments during the course of the training?

When I clicked on the link, Laura, it said Geocities shut down in 2009.

I read Diane Stein's book several years ago, but never really used the symbols. I went to group Reiki sessions where we all worked on each other and you could really feel a difference in the hands. I really felt the energy in some of them. It was very healing for those of us receiving as well as those of us giving.

SevenFeathers said:
When I clicked on the link, Laura, it said Geocities shut down in 2009.

I read Diane Stein's book several years ago, but never really used the symbols. I went to group Reiki sessions where we all worked on each other and you could really feel a difference in the hands. I really felt the energy in some of them. It was very healing for those of us receiving as well as those of us giving.

The same web site is now this:
_http://www.aetw.org

I just realized that i can reccomend someone in Calgary. She is a japanese woman that attuned me. Thing is that she doesnt accept money for it so you would have to be creative in paying her back. She says it is because by doing it on others she is getting benefits too. Through the reiki threads on the forum i see that she has a good lineage. The signs are all proper.

On a side npte i remember a session with the c's in which a new sign was given for reiki. I am curious if this was ever used andt what effect?

davey72 said:
I just realized that i can reccomend someone in Calgary. She is a japanese woman that attuned me. Thing is that she doesnt accept money for it so you would have to be creative in paying her back. She says it is because by doing it on others she is getting benefits too. Through the reiki threads on the forum i see that she has a good lineage. The signs are all proper.

On a side npte i remember a session with the c's in which a new sign was given for reiki. I am curious if this was ever used andt what effect?

Really??? I would love her info!! Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind; how did you pay her back for your attunement?

Zadius Sky said:
Meechel17 said:

The session appears to have a very strong ritualistic/new-agey nature. I also found the idea of "inviting in" anything (ancestors, beings of light, what have you) equalizes the idea of "giving up your will over to someone or something". I don't think it would be safe.

If she really "feels /sees/senses where the attachment is" on a person's body, she could work with the spirit release therapy procedure and ditch the rest of what she was doing.

However, the fact that she had never seen a "person who has taken Reiki training who doesn't have negative energies" attached to them is very interesting. The questions on my mind are how do we know if these people didn't already had attachments before they took the training? Or, if by taking Reiki training, does the experiences/attunements (corrupted)/rituals surrounding thereof "increased" the energy of those already situated attachments to control over the persons easily (that they had before "influenced" the hosts to take Reiki?) and/or "collected" new attachments during the course of the training?
I completely agree that it doesn't sound safe with my new learning and perspective on things; I will not be attending the meditations anymore. And I was questioning her "love and light" type of approach, although I must say over the last couple of years, she has amended that to the point that you can't send love and light indiscriminately to those who don't ask for it/don't want it. But the rituals bother me and there are things she has said that just simply don't ring true for me that had me backing away also. I have also brought up things from "Secret History" and "The Wave" to her, and she pretty much shut it down. She wasn't really interested in discussing them.

As far as the possible Reiki "attachments", I'm sure that most people at some point have attachments of some kind. Maybe it's just the type of people that go to her for help who have had the attunements are of a more vulnerable or susceptible nature, or maybe she is just exaggerating. I don't know. But I did think it was curious enough to want to get feedback from this group. My one friend who had just taken her first level of Reiki went to a meditation series with this woman I've been talking about, and she "saw" all kinds of dark, messy attachments on her. However, this friend has a huge amount of programs and prejudices and "rules" about life, so it's not surprising that she would see all these attachments. I don't know if they were pre-existing, or what. But, she was being led down the New Age path by the nose for sure, and like you mentioned, she could have been influenced to take Reiki. I actually asked her yesterday what the lineage of her instructor was, and she had no idea, only that it was Usui Reiki. I don't believe her Reiki is very effective, so it makes me suspicious of her instructor. I plan on contacting the instructor to find out what her lineage is, and whether she uses the traditional symbols. Should be interesting.

Meechel17 said:
davey72 said:

Really??? I would love her info!! Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind; how did you pay her back for your attunement?
Not as much as i would have liked to. I was going to fix her toilet but she had it done before i could. I did some gardening and brought her food. Little things like that. Unfortunately she is a vegetarian. Pm me and i will give you details once i have gotten ahold of her to let her know.

davey72 said:
Meechel17 said:
davey72 said:

Not as much as i would have liked to. I was going to fix her toilet but she had it done before i could. I did some gardening and brought her food. Little things like that. Unfortunately she is a vegetarian. Pm me and i will give you details once i have gotten ahold of her to let her know.
Unfortunately I am not quite able to pm you as I have only recently joined the forum and have not posted enough yet :/ But, it is not urgent, as I would likely not be able to go see her until April anyway. So I will pm you as soon as I am able to. Should be in the next few days :)
Thank you!!
As far as my paying her, I could bring her vegetables from my garden for one thing. I could see what else she needs that I could do. I love this idea! I love to trade my services for other goods/services instead of money!! The barter system is an excellent option!

Laura said:
It's also useful to check out their "lineage." Avoid anyone whose lineage comes through Diane Stein.

ups...
I'm 14 years practicing Reiki by Diane Stein book, most work on myself ... but now I'm shaken ... please, what's wrong with this method and which do you recommend

boucles58 said:
Laura said:
It's also useful to check out their "lineage." Avoid anyone whose lineage comes through Diane Stein.

ups...
I'm 14 years practicing Reiki by Diane Stein book, most work on myself ... but now I'm shaken ... please, what's wrong with this method and which do you recommend
One of the things why people should avoid lineage that comes from Diane Stein is that she is using inverted symbols in her practice.
So inverted symbol equals inverted energy.

The real symbols you can find here
_http://www.aetw.org/reiki_symbols.html

Also you should read the WAVE series where in one part ( i cant remember which one ) she writes about her Reiki experience.

Konstantin said:
boucles58 said:
Laura said:

ups...
One of the things why people should avoid lineage that comes from Diane Stein is that she is using inverted symbols in her practice.
So inverted symbol equals inverted energy.

The real symbols you can find here
_http://www.aetw.org/reiki_symbols.html

Also you should read the WAVE series where in one part ( i cant remember which one ) she writes about her Reiki experience.

thanks Konstantin, this is helpful, okay, I've got work to study this

Back
Top Bottom