Recommended Reiki Master?

Hi hlat,

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

Gandalf said:
Hi hlat,

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

Thanks, yes I just did. At the moment, I am trying to find a Reiki master and hypnotherapist. I'll need to search/read threads like this to get more clues.

Kel said:
FWIW, I am a III degree Reiki master. My lineage is with the Aliiance (1st degree is with Takata, Furomoto, Ken Bower, and Sheron Green; 2nd & 3rd degree is with Takata, Furomoto, Barbara Ray, Glenda Rye, and Sheron Green). I live in NW Montana give 1st and 2nd degree initiations.

Hi Kel, do you have a website that I can look at? Or some other way of learning more information about you? Thanks.

Any recommended Reiki masters in Paris, or in France ? There's some teachers in Paris, what should I ask to see if there's legit or not ? Their lineage ? The symbols used ?

True reiki

How do I find a true reiki practitioner in my area. I read in Laura's books that it split and I want to make sure I go to one that is correct. I have a lot of pain and thought that maybe I could try this for relief. :)

There's a time gap between the Wave series and knowledge in this forum. The current consensus is that Reiki is not necessary, because the Fellowship developed Eiriu Eolas as well as eating better and detoxifying the body. At least that is my understanding, and I only arrived here a short time ago.

hlat said:
There's a time gap between the Wave series and knowledge in this forum. The current consensus is that Reiki is not necessary, because the Fellowship developed Eiriu Eolas as well as eating better and detoxifying the body. At least that is my understanding, and I only arrived here a short time ago.

Yes, indeed, practicing Eiriu Eolas and maintaining a proper diet are a good way to reduce stress and pain.

If you haven't seen it already, here is a link to the Eiriu Eolas program. Here is a forum thread about it. And here is a Diet and Health section, that contains a lot of good and useful information about how to aliviate pain and suffering by eating right.

Okay, I'm about to send a check for the first level of Reiki. 180€, two days.

The master's name is Shivabaï Ebroussard, her website is _http://reiki.fr

Her lineage for her first two levels : Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Hawayo Takata > Wanja Twan > Irma Gustaffson > Shivabaï Ebroussard

She then claims that she received her 3rd level attunement from Phyllis Lei Furumoto, which is Mrs. Takata's granddaughter. There's actually pictures of her with Furumoto on the website.

I asked her if she could sent me a copy of the symbols she's using, she refused, saying that these symbols are supposed to be secret, arguing that she don't see how I could compare the symbols she's using with the "true" ones, considering that I'm not, myself, initiated.

What do you think about it ? Sounds good ?

Seems like a red flag refusing to send any symbols.

You can look at the symbols in the Wave, and then ask for the same symbols to compare. Of course don't send the symbols you have until after you have compared them.

Tomek said:

Her lineage for her first two levels : Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Hawayo Takata > Wanja Twan > Irma Gustaffson > Shivabaï Ebroussard

She then claims that she received her 3rd level attunement from Phyllis Lei Furumoto, which is Mrs. Takata's granddaughter. There's actually pictures of her with Furumoto on the website.

I asked her if she could sent me a copy of the symbols she's using, she refused, saying that these symbols are supposed to be secret, arguing that she don't see how I could compare the symbols she's using with the "true" ones, considering that I'm not, myself, initiated.

I think there might be legitimate reasons for her refusal to send the symbols, so it might be a bit of a red flag but might still be worth investigating to see if she has the ability.

Have you already had one or more treatments from her and have observed whether she actually has the Reiki ability? I was recently looking into an attunement from a Reiki master near me and went to get a treatment from her first, to determine if she even actually had the Reiki ability, and did not observe any actual Reiki abilities from her what-so-ever, despite her having a lineage that did not immediately appear to be corrupted. This person also employed a number of techniques, consciously or not (I'm not sure), that appeared to me to be hooks with which I could easily get caught in believing that she had Reiki and/or some other kind of gift, if I didn't know better. Also, her hands were cold.

Is she only attuned in Usui Reiki and not any of the other "types" (Karuna, "light worker", "tibetan", or whatever, which as far as I'm currently aware are all corruptions of Usui's work)? I don't trust anyone who's been attuned with some other weird "style" of Reiki.

FWIW I just glanced at her web page (though I don't speak french) and the lack of flash and new agey styling might suggest that she is of a legitimate inclination, since she doesn't feel the need to spend a lot of money on an expensive flashy web page in order to get clients and appear legitimate in her practice.

Those are all just my guesses from my limited observations of her, though, and I think ultimately the only way to tell for sure is to get a treatment and observe without projecting or believing, while applying knowledge and discernment. My personal take is that one treatment should be enough to determine if a Reiki master actually has the ability; it should be obvious and powerful enough after one to not require any additional treatments to confirm. Good luck! :)

Tomek said:

I don't know French too well, but from what I could gather she seems pretty legit. Course prices are okay, the 2nd level perhaps a bit higher than usual (but it's in Paris after all!). She talks about Usui Shiki Ryoho, which is good - that's the traditional school. As for the symbols, they are certainly not secret even if some teachers portray them to be. Without the correct tunings, you - according to the tradition - can't make any use of them. But I know some reiki teachers who protect them as their dearest treasure, not wanting to give them in "the wrong hands". But anyone with an internet connection can find these. Having said that, I think her not being willing to show you the symbols has more to do with her pride and "protecting the traditions". Not necessarily anything weird with that. I would say it's a pretty common attitude among teachers (then again, my own teacher wasn't like this at all).

Having a treatment session with her before you decide about participating in the course would be a good idea.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.

Thanks for your advices. I'll keep my checkbook from now...

I've contacted masters trained by Shivabaï Ebroussard, hoping that maybe they might show me the symbols used in this lineage.

I've also stumbled upon an another master, Tomomi Yasue _http://reiki.fdgr.org

Her lineage is quite different from what you usually expect in western Reiki :

Mikao Usui > Kanichi Taketomi > Kimiko Koyama > Hiroshi Doi > Tomomi Yasue

it's indeed quite unusual to find a master who doesn't belong to the Hayashi / Takata lineage. Kanichi Taketomi and Kimiko Koyama were actually presidents of the Usui Reiki Ryōhō Gakkai, the "true" Reiki society founded by Mikao Usui himself. Hiroshi Doi was a member of this society until he founded his own method, the Gendai Reiki Hō.

Tomomi Yasue claims to practice the Dento Reiki, or "traditionnal Reiki". It's quite hard to find any informations regarding this Dento Reiki.

_http://fdgr.org/index.html said:
Why we do not teach Gendai Reiki

We created the first association of Gendai Reiki in France in 2007, because we wanted to present some form of Reiki that is more traditional and respects the true history of Reiki and its founder .

Our approach was to remain as faithful to the original traditional school , although the Gendai Reiki presented with a mixture of Hayashi Reiki style , which at the time was the only form of Reiki known in the West. We have always had a different orientation of most Gendai Reiki practitioners , all of which are close to the designs of the New Age movement plan .

Due to the fact that we found attempts deviations in the middle of Gendai Reiki in Anglo -Saxon countries, we created the Institute of Traditions of Japan, to set us apart from most important risk deviations we feared . We had also previously refused to initiate at the Masters a few people who had an obvious lack of ethics (racism, greed for power , desire to manipulate ) .

One such person has filed the name of Gendai Reiki as a trademark in France in order to enjoy all the work we had done to try to present the Gendai Reiki in France , and that person has threatened us through his lawyer to try to stop us from using the term Gendai Reiki.

We had already developed a more traditional education that we presented during the courses , in addition to the Gendai Reiki , and we have now decided to strengthen our focus is to remain faithful to the original Reiki Mikao Usui and the ancient spiritual traditions of Japan that allow not to deviate in fanciful designs while maintaining greater spiritual freedom and thought, and promoting the protection and expansion of the soul.

For these reasons, we decided , while retaining all the traditional education that we received from Mr. DOI differentiate ourselves totally movement Gendai Reiki , which has recently established a charter which states that Reiki is the source of life of living beings, which is a religious definition of Reiki , which for us is in contradiction with the Shinto and the teaching of Mikao Usui , as it passes a free spiritual exploration method, a definition of religious kind of Reiki.

We decided to change the presentation of our teaching and develop the traditional look , this is why we have adopted the term " Dento Reiki " which means " Traditional Reiki " in Japanese, to align it with the name our Institute, which carries the name of Japanese Nihon Dento Kyokai , and stay close to the traditional school of Japanese Reiki ( Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai ), which also calls his form of Reiki " Dento Reiki ." (not sure about this...)

We kept Gendai Reiki Association , to protect our students who have been initiated into Reiki Gendai in this association , but from April 2013 , we teach only Dento Reiki.

So, so far we have Shivabaï Ebroussard, from the Hayashi / Takata lineage, which is already an altered form of Reiki but looks "good enough" according to Laura in The Wave and from all the comments on this thread.
We also have this Dento Reiki from Tomomi Yasue, which sounds closer from whatever was the Reiki as taught by Mikao Usui, but it's hard to find more informations about it. I'm thinking about a treatment session with her to see by myself. What do you think ?

Tomek said:
So, so far we have Shivabaï Ebroussard, from the Hayashi / Takata lineage, which is already an altered form of Reiki but looks "good enough" according to Laura in The Wave and from all the comments on this thread.
We also have this Dento Reiki from Tomomi Yasue, which sounds closer from whatever was the Reiki as taught by Mikao Usui, but it's hard to find more informations about it. I'm thinking about a treatment session with her to see by myself. What do you think ?

If it were me and I could afford it comfortably enough, I'd get a session from both of them before deciding with whom to get the attunement (or even not getting an attunement from either of them, if I didn't think either of them actually had the ability). Because of the different lineage as well, I personally would be interested in comparing the two.

FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom