Recommended Reiki Master?

Oxajil said:
Some time ago I contacted a Reiki Master so that I could learn Reiki 1.
It has been a long time of not being sure of what I want. And I think I got her a little irritated by that. Now I'm not so sure anymore if I want to learn it from her and I think this is also because of myself...

She is a member of the Reiki Alliance (I saw her certificate at her home) I asked her lineage as anart suggested. This is her lineage:

Usui, Hayashi, Takata, Furumoto, Ariane Groeneveld, Guus Werdmüller and then she comes

So she is 7th in line.

She told me that I should let her know tomorrow if I want to go on with it or not! I don't know what to do. I need to pay 177 euros for it... Should I do it or not?
(My heart tells me not to do it...)

Well, at least make sure she uses the proper versions of the symbols before you decide to do it.

Oxajil said:
She told me that I should let her know tomorrow if I want to go on with it or not! I don't know what to do. I need to pay 177 euros for it... Should I do it or not?

Why is she putting pressure on you? I might be way out, but the fact that she gives you only 24 hours to think about it is not really a good sign.

You should have the time to think about it and do some research about her and her line.

- That some serious deadline.

Sometimes when I fear something especially something I don’t know what to expect than I have the tendency not do undergo such a activity.

But sometimes it’s just the opposite.

What I meant to say: I don’t know if you fear anything but in a situation like you are standing now. If I don’t know what to expect mostly my fear decides for me sort of speak without understand the issue itself.

But if you have a clear understanding what to expect. With that I mean the training and such and what the result of that would be, than from that perspective I think it would be best to decide.

For the rest. I really have a lack of understanding of Reiki.

I don’t know either if it is some privilege to study under that lineage. But from my impression it does.

So if you reject it now? Can’t you just do it another time?

Bohort said:
Oxajil said:

Why is she putting pressure on you? I might be way out, but the fact that she gives you only 24 hours to think about it is not really a good sign.

You should have the time to think about it and do some research about her and her line.

Maybe she just wants to know asap because the next class is coming up soon and she needs to know who's attending?

John! said:
Maybe she just wants to know asap because the next class is coming up soon and she needs to know who's attending?

If that's true, then it would at least make some sense. If not, then it's a big red flag. Oxajil, it seems to me that you aren't driven to do this, so why spend 177 euros on it when your heart's not in it?
I personally would never get a Reiki attunement from anyone who made me feel uncomfortable in any way - at all.

anart said:
John! said:

If that's true, then it would at least make some sense. If not, then it's a big red flag. Oxajil, it seems to me that you aren't driven to do this, so why spend 177 euros on it when your heart's not in it?
I personally would never get a Reiki attunement from anyone who made me feel uncomfortable in any way - at all.

Yeah, if shes pressuring you, I would think she probably just wants your money.

Hi guys,

John! said:
Well, at least make sure she uses the proper versions of the symbols before you decide to do it.

Hmm I know about those symbols, but I thought they are only to be used at Reiki 2?

Bohort said:

I called her a few weeks earlier to make an appointment (I was sure to learn it). But as time passed by I got more doubts. And I think my doubting and not being sure etc. kind of got to her and now she needs to know if the appointment we made goes on or not so she can adjust her plans.

I'm just really sad about the 177, it was first for 150 so in a short time she decided to raise it. I would think that someone who likes to help others shouldn't ask so much money for it. Could be wrong though.

bjorn said:
- That some serious deadline.

Sometimes when I fear something especially something I don’t know what to expect than I have the tendency not do undergo such a activity.

But sometimes it’s just the opposite.

What I meant to say: I don’t know if you fear anything but in a situation like you are standing now. If I don’t know what to expect mostly my fear decides for me sort of speak without understand the issue itself.

But if you have a clear understanding what to expect. With that I mean the training and such and what the result of that would be, than from that perspective I think it would be best to decide.

For the rest. I really have a lack of understanding of Reiki.

I don’t know either if it is some privilege to study under that lineage. But from my impression it does.

So if you reject it now? Can’t you just do it another time?

If I reject.. I could say that I'm too young now and confused etc. and that it's not because of her.

I just feel like she's annoyed now. And I don't really want to see her in person knowing that she has these thoughts about me, let alone having her teaching it to me! When I made the appointment she also said that she will use less days to teach it to me than she usually does. It feels like she is in such a hurry and so busy.

That was a sign to me as well. To not go on with it... But I was too shy to say anything about it, I just said ''Oh okay''

John! said:

There aren't really any classes. There are just a few people each year who contact her. So if I would go, it would be just her and me.

anart said:

I'm not really driven to do this no, but I do really want to learn Reiki. I guess I'm just gonna have to have patience and search for a Reiki Master when I think I'm ready to learn it. Maybe I just need to slow down. It's interesting how her ''having no patience'' reflects my ''no patience'' in wanting to learn it.
Perhaps a sign to slow things down, to have more patience.
I'm just gonna continue doing the EE program and just do what I do, and see what happens.

John! said:
Yeah, if shes pressuring you, I would think she probably just wants your money.

That's also what I thought, especially when she suddenly changed the costs from 150 to 177!

Thank you guys for your replies. I know what to do, I'm not going to do it.

John! said:
Well they are used in the attunement process, right?

Oh I didn't know that! How ignorant of me...
Thanks for mentioning. Another lesson for me: think and research before you choose!

I was glad to find this thread, but now I'm a bit concerned. Several years ago (long before I came across Laura & the C's), I was looking online for Reiki attunements. I had heard that it could be done long-distance by a Master, and some of them will do it for free. Eventually I found this site: _http://www.xehupatl.com. It's run by a man named Stefan Kammerhofer, and he claims that he will attune you to "Kundalini Reiki" long-distance, for free. There are several levels of attunement involved and you set the schedule for when you want him to send each one. Here's what he says about this in his FAQ:

The attunements I offer are much stronger (Kundalini Reiki 1 alone is the equivalent to Usui Reiki 1-2-3), and are remote: energy exists independent of time and space, so I send out the attuning energy to a place/person at the time you tell me, and the energy will reach you then and there, and attune you to its energy.

So I went ahead and asked Stefan to attune me, which he then claimed to have done. But after reading this thread I'm wondering just what, exactly, I was attuned to? So I decided to try and track down exactly where this "Kundalini Reiki" came from. On his site, Stefan says:

Even though I'm not sure why people are so interested in the lineage of healing systems, I will tell you that Ole Gabrielsen founded the energy systems I offer. He passed on the attunements to John Hicks, and he to me.

This is the only explanation he gives. So I searched and found the site of Ole Gabrielsen, the "founder": _http://www.ekmpowershop10.com/ekmps/shops/gabrielsen/index.asp. This site is basically a storefront for long-distance attunements; Ole doesn't really explain the origin of his system. He also does not give his attunements for free, and there are several more beyond those on Stefan's site. I did some more searching and all I found was this (from _http://www.theholisticcare.com/kundalinireiki.htm):

Kundalini Reiki was brought to this earthly plane by Shree Ole Gabrielsen. Kundalini Reiki is a direct result of Gabrielsen many hours of communion with Master Kuthumi.

I thought, "Who the heck is this Master Kuthumi, now??" So the search continued. And wellll... it turns out he's an "Ascended Master" channeled by someone named Lynnette. He is also a member of the (in)famous "Great White Brotherhood." From _http://www.kuthumischool.com/en/info/ascended_masters.php:

The Ascended Master Kuthumi is the door-keeper of the ancient Occult Mysteries, and is also the co-protector of the Holy Grail - the ancient quest for self-awareness.

Master Kuthumi will be instrumental in the re-emergence of knowledge that has been lost to mankind for so long.

He also endeavors to assist those who participate in religious instruction, encouraging all concerned to open the Heart Charka in order to express Unconditional Love to all.

Master Kuthumi currently shares the role of World Teacher. However, during the Age of Aquarius Master Kuthumi will take on full responsibility for this enormous undertaking.

As Koot Hoomi Lal Singh he attended Oxford University in the late 1800's and he was of Kashmir origin.

As Pythagoras ( 582 - 500 bc ) he established a mystery school in the South of Italy, which was mostly devoted to the teaching of Mathematics, Numerology, and Sacred Geometry. Founder of the Hippocratic Oath, the Tree of Life, and the use of mandalas. This school was destined to become a Mystery School for the White Brotherhood.

Another incarnation was as Balthazar, one of the Three Wise Men who came to Baby Jesus. And in yet another very well known incarnation he was Francis of Assisi. And again later as Shah Jenan, builder of the Taj Mahal.

In the late nineteenth century, Master Kuthumi, with Master El Morya, was instrumental in the establishment of the Theosophical Society, to ensure that long lost truths re-surface.

Lynnette herself says,

We are on a great journey of reconnection. We need to develop our lost skills, held within our cellular structure and our Soul memory.To those of you who hear the Master's call, who feel an inner tug, I say to you - begin Now. Take your first step to a world of Light. A world of Love.

I am but an instrument the Master's use to assist you in that process.

So all of this looks pretty bad. :shock: The "lineage" of this Kundalini Reiki is more than shady. Which makes me worried as to what energies I've taken into myself and if I should do anything to get rid of them. Or if they're already gone since it was so many years ago. I haven't been an active practitioner of it for a long time... But I sure wasn't too big on "looking before I leaped" back then... :-[

Also, is there any validity at all to the concept of long-distance Reiki attunements? I see them offered online constantly, yet nobody in this thread is bringing it up as a possibility. So is the long-distance thing all just wishful thinking and scams? Or is it more a matter of in-person attunements just being preferable?

Alderpax said:
Also, is there any validity at all to the concept of long-distance Reiki attunements? I see them offered online constantly, yet nobody in this thread is bringing it up as a possibility. So is the long-distance thing all just wishful thinking and scams? Or is it more a matter of in-person attunements just being preferable?

As far as I heard from my Reiki masters, it is wishful thinking and scam. As far as I know, Usui never did such a thing, and I haven't heard anybody serious in Reiki offering such a thing. Yet, my Reiki community isn't that wide, so who knows...

During attunement process-at least in my case- Reiki master holds your hands, draws certain symbols, blows air into your hands and if I am not mistaken draws something onto your head. I don't think such things can be done effectively from a distance.

In addition to this, there is always the concern that, did he/she do it right? Am I attuned now?

Well, who knows? And how can those people know from a distance? In our Reiki school, masters used pendulum to check out if they have done the attunement process correctly. Not only that, after checking it themselves, they asked the other masters who are present to double-check.

I don't know if it is an objective process or not, but I think it is more reliable than attunement from a distance.

Just my two cents, fwiw.

Biomiast said:
Alderpax said:

As far as I heard from my Reiki masters, it is wishful thinking and scam. As far as I know, Usui never did such a thing, and I haven't heard anybody serious in Reiki offering such a thing. Yet, my Reiki community isn't that wide, so who knows...

During attunement process-at least in my case- Reiki master holds your hands, draws certain symbols, blows air into your hands and if I am not mistaken draws something onto your head. I don't think such things can be done effectively from a distance.

In addition to this, there is always the concern that, did he/she do it right? Am I attuned now?

Well, who knows? And how can those people know from a distance? In our Reiki school, masters used pendulum to check out if they have done the attunement process correctly. Not only that, after checking it themselves, they asked the other masters who are present to double-check.

I don't know if it is an objective process or not, but I think it is more reliable than attunement from a distance.

Just my two cents, fwiw.

I'm sure you're right. So I was probably never attuned to anything back then. Still, could I have opened myself up to some sort of STS influence or attachment by inviting Stefan to attune me? Since Kundalini Reiki originated with a channeled "Ascended Master," it makes me a little nervous about what exactly I may have done to myself.

Alderpax said:
[ Still, could I have opened myself up to some sort of STS influence or attachment by inviting Stefan to attune me? Since Kundalini Reiki originated with a channeled "Ascended Master," it makes me a little nervous about what exactly I may have done to myself.

This is indeed a nasty little problem. If it really worries you, which it obviously does, please consider a proper Usui (re-)attunement. This is what the transcripts suggest for such cases. You would be on the safe side then.

broken.english said:
Alderpax said:
[ Still, could I have opened myself up to some sort of STS influence or attachment by inviting Stefan to attune me? Since Kundalini Reiki originated with a channeled "Ascended Master," it makes me a little nervous about what exactly I may have done to myself.

This is indeed a nasty little problem. If it really worries you, which it obviously does, please consider a proper Usui (re-)attunement. This is what the transcripts suggest for such cases. You would be on the safe side then.

I will definitely do that. After a brief search I found a few possibilities, but so far the most promising one is over 200 miles away. There are two who are local. But one of these does Kundalini Reiki along with something called "Ascension Reiki", which also comes from those good old "Ascended Masters." The other local practitioner advertises himself as a "channel for the Council Twelve." I looked at some of the messages he's channeled and it's just empty New-Agey fluff. So the search continues...

Here's the site of the one whom I think looks promising: _http://www.reikiteacher.org If anyone wants to take a look and let me know if she seems legitimate, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Alderpax said:
broken.english said:
Alderpax said:

I will definitely do that. After a brief search I found a few possibilities, but so far the most promising one is over 200 miles away. There are two who are local. But one of these does Kundalini Reiki along with something called "Ascension Reiki", which also comes from those good old "Ascended Masters." The other local practitioner advertises himself as a "channel for the Council Twelve." I looked at some of the messages he's channeled and it's just empty New-Agey fluff. So the search continues...

Here's the site of the one whom I think looks promising: _http://www.reikiteacher.org If anyone wants to take a look and let me know if she seems legitimate, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A quick glance at reikiteacher.org didn't set any major alarms off in my head. All though IMO this Frank Arjava Pettersson is a highly questionable dude, since he's promoting him self as being the one who 'brought reiki BACK to Japan'! The best way to start, as you probably know and have done already, is to check out the persons in the lineage list. I'll try to take a look later, right now I have to go, dinner has to be prepared...

Back
Top Bottom