Remarque(s) concernant fr.sott.net

Gandalf

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
In this article about Pentagon's bioweapons, there is a minor typo :
Les États-Unis ont volé des bactéries dans l'usine d'armes biologiques de Saddam

Hussein.Bacillus thuringiensis est un insecte pathogène largement utilisé comme biopesticide. (...)
should be :
Les États-Unis ont volé des bactéries dans l'usine d'armes biologiques de Saddam Hussein

Bacillus thuringiensis est un insecte pathogène largement utilisé comme biopesticide. (...)
Thanks @Bastian. The article has been modified. Please, when you find minor errors in an article, give us the link to the article. It is a lot easier and faster for the editors to correct it.

And the whole (quite long) article should be better structured, with main sections (by countries eg.) and subsections.
In the original English article, there are several other interesting pictures as well, not included in the French version.
Yes it is different form the English one but the article has been generously translated and offered by a reader of the French Sott site. And since the team that works freely and voluntary to keep the french Sott Site up to date is a very small team, they don't have always the time to re-do or re-structure an article in its entirety.

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thanks @Bastian. The article has been modified. Please, when you find minor errors in an article, give us the link to the article. It is a lot easier and faster for the editors to correct it.

Yes it is different form the English one but the article has been generously translated and offered by a reader of the French Sott site. And since the team that works freely and voluntary to keep the french Sott Site up to date is a very small team, they don't have always the time to re-do or re-structure an article in its entirety.

In fact it is an extremely long article, and some of the pictures are just there (in the English version) like decoration, not so important under my point of vue. So the pictures put in the French version are really related to the article. The reader can go, also as an option, to the English version to look the article in the English version. Thanks Bastian for your comments and your concern. Very appreciated!

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Bastian, thank you for your help. I would like to ask you for a favor on behalf of the editors' team, though: We would like to keep this thread only for suggestions of articles from you and other members. And if you notice any mistakes on SOTT or anything else that you wish to point out, could you please send them to the email address I just sent you via PM? That would be great! It will make the process more efficient, errors faster to correct for editors, and we avoid cluttering the forum, which is not really meant for this.

The French team is doing its best, but we have very reduced numbers. The article you mentioned most recently was translated by a kind reader, and the team doesn't always have time to take care of restructuring details and such, and sometimes one has to opt for letting the readers get access to the information as fast as possible instead, and hope that they'll forgive some mistakes (i.e content over form). I tell you, often I think it's amazing that we even manage to have a site in French (and other languages) with so much work to be done, and so small numbers!

So, thanks for your understanding, and for using that email address from now on. :-)

Top Bottom