Revolution in Ukraine: Western-engineered Coup d'État?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia Bans a Group of American Politicians From Coming to Russia:

_http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/russia-banned-random-group-american-politicians-coming-russia/359381/

Quite an interesting list:

- Caroline Atkinson, deputy assistant to President Obama
- Dan Pfeiffer, assistant to Obama
- Ben Rhodes, assistant to Obama
- Harry Reed, not anyone in Congress, but they probably meant Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. (Let he who writes in perfect Cyrillic cast the first stone.)
- John Boehner, Speaker of the House
- Robert Menendez, senator from New Jersey
- Mary Landrieu, senator from Louisiana
- John McCain, senator from Arizona
- Dan Coats, senator from Indiana

The statement of the Foreign Ministry of russia about this move:

"We have repeatedly warned that the use of sanctions instruments [are double-edged] … However, the U.S. side, it seems, continues to blindly believe in the efficacy of these methods taken from the arsenal of the past, and do not want to admit the obvious: the inhabitants of Crimea democratically in full compliance with international law and the UN Charter voted for reunification with Russia, respect and accept this choice."

:evil: :cool2:

Pashalis said:
Russia Bans a Group of American Politicians From Coming to Russia:

_http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/russia-banned-random-group-american-politicians-coming-russia/359381/

Quite an interesting list:

- Caroline Atkinson, deputy assistant to President Obama
- Dan Pfeiffer, assistant to Obama
- Ben Rhodes, assistant to Obama
- Harry Reed, not anyone in Congress, but they probably meant Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. (Let he who writes in perfect Cyrillic cast the first stone.)
- John Boehner, Speaker of the House
- Robert Menendez, senator from New Jersey
- Mary Landrieu, senator from Louisiana
- John McCain, senator from Arizona
- Dan Coats, senator from Indiana

Victoria Nuland is probably a little put off by the fact that she is not seem worthy to be on the sanctions list.

The looting of Ukraine has started. I'm really fearful about what the common person there is going to enduring economically in the future. The country was already in bad shape before the coup.

_http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-20/ukraine-goes-cyprus-20-tax-deposits-over-100000-hryvnia-appease-imf

Ukraine Goes Cyprus 2.0, To Tax Deposits Over 100,000 Hryvnia (To Appease IMF?)

It would appear the IMF's dirty little fingerprints are all over this latest piece of legislation in Ukraine. The Ukraine Finance Ministry is proposing to take a very-similar-to-Cyprus approach to bailing in its despositors:

•*UKRAINE PROPOSES NEW TAX ON DEPOSITS EXCEEDING 100,000 HRYVNIA
•*UKRAINE TAX PROPOSAL WOULD INCLUDE 1.5% OF ALL DEPOSITS
This would appear a measure designed to stabilize the budget for potential IMF negotiations and fits perfectly with what the IMF has consistently hinted as the next steps for many nations.

This is further to the news last week that a 25% deposit "tax" was being considered...

Via Tax News,
Ukraine's parliament is to consider draft laws which would ban foreign-currency bank deposits and introduce a 25% tax on interest on deposits in banks and other financial institutions in circumstances where the interest received is more than 5% above the rate set by the National Bank of Ukraine.

The proposed amendments to banking and tax legislation were put forward by Yevhen Sihal, who is a member of the country's ruling Party of Regions. In an explanatory note submitted with the drafts, he argued that the higher tax rate will encourage consumer spending, reduce the cost of business loans, and provide extra funding for the country's Pension Fund. Sihal also explained that his tax proposal is based on the experience of the Russian Federation.

Sihal's proposals have united the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) and the country's Communist Party in opposition. The NBU was quoted as saying that it was concerned about the politicization of economic issues, and that its policy was to increase the deposit base in line with international practice, while Communist leader Petro Symonenko suggested that the owners of large deposits will simply move their funds abroad to avoid the tax.

We assume, just as with Cyprus, that the big money has already left the building leaving small businesses and the average joe to foot the IMF-demanding bill (for the good of the country) to get their bailout funds.

mak3 said:
I feel the same about the UK, mak3.

But please, don't judge Russia today by the Russia of old. Things and people do change. Right now I would rather be a member of a Russian federation than the self-serving, corrupt, criminal EU. And I say this on the basis that I have looked at Russia and its people of today, rather than of the past.

Ok, maybe I'am wrong or just being afraid of Russian invasion. I just hope it won't happen to Poland.
I am a software developer so very often I go to London and work with British people and I have to admin that they have the same opinion as you and me about the membership of UK and Poland in EU.

It was good for us to join but It will be also good for us to get a divorce with EU

The probability that Russia will invade Poland is extremely unlikely. The Russian "elite" are showing no signs that they are planning such a move. It's very simplistic to think that because Russia moved to take Crimea back to the Russian Federation that they plan to carry on and swallow all of Eastern Europe or the Baltic states!

Let's not forget that even if people in the member states voted against joining EU or adapting the constitution, they were forced to anyway. In Ukraine, they didn't seem to have a majority of the whole country wanting to join EU and about 95% are against joining NATO and having NATO bases on their territories (including the Right Sector/nationalists/fascists). That's why the PTB had to rush this coup d'etat before the next elections (to make it easier to get what they want).

If Russia wanted to annex any country in its near neighborhood, nothing was stopping it from doing so, certainly not after the 2008 Georgia/South Ossetia fiasco. That fiasco was also painted as the opposite of what really happened by the western propaganda machine. But in reality, not only did Russia defend its legitimate interests on its southern border, but also stopped the rocketing and killing and maiming defenseless people in South Ossetia by the Georgian Army assisted by western and Israeli forces.

[quote author= SeekinTruth]
But in reality, not only did Russia defend its legitimate interests on its southern border, but also stopped the rocketing and killing and maiming defenseless people in South Ossetia by the Georgian Army assisted by western and Israeli forces. [/quote]

I never followed what happened in Georgia back in 2008, but I see the same culprits were up to their same tricks. Thanks for posting that tidbit, ST. I'm happy to see someone is standing up against them.

(special thanks to forum member Bear for using this photo as your avatar, but think we need to see it blown up :D )

Attachments

• vladimir-putin-riding-bear.jpg
    vladimir-putin-riding-bear.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 186
Perceval said:
mak3 said:

But please, don't judge Russia today by the Russia of old. Things and people do change. Right now I would rather be a member of a Russian federation than the self-serving, corrupt, criminal EU. And I say this on the basis that I have looked at Russia and its people of today, rather than of the past.

Ok, maybe I'am wrong or just being afraid of Russian invasion. I just hope it won't happen to Poland.
I am a software developer so very often I go to London and work with British people and I have to admin that they have the same opinion as you and me about the membership of UK and Poland in EU.

It was good for us to join but It will be also good for us to get a divorce with EU

The probability that Russia will invade Poland is extremely unlikely. The Russian "elite" are showing no signs that they are planning such a move. It's very simplistic to think that because Russia moved to take Crimea back to the Russian Federation that they plan to carry on and swallow all of Eastern Europe or the Baltic states!

Yeah, I mean isn't this a good example of Western propaganda using psychological projection?

Anthony said:
Perceval said:
mak3 said:

Yeah, I mean isn't this a good example of Western propaganda using psychological projection?

This is overclocking an anti-Russian phobias. The war with Russia is very unlikely... Wait and see, in the event of changes on Earth, the crisis and the fall in popularity of American imperialism and weak EU. And if Russia remain strong. Poles turn to the east and Russia will absorb Poland naturally, 'mentally' and 'physically', by Russia influences flowing naturally from the potential of that country, without using any force.

lux said:
This is overclocking an anti-Russian phobias. The war with Russia is very unlikely... Wait and see, in the event of changes on Earth, the crisis and the fall in popularity of American imperialism and weak EU. And if Russia remain strong. Poles turn to the east and Russia will absorb Poland naturally, 'mentally' and 'physically', by Russia influences flowing naturally from the potential of that country, without using any force.

Well if it happens naturally without any force then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Laura said:
Russia then and Russia now are two different things. Have you read Lobaczewski's "Political Ponerology"? Ideologies are often masks for evil doings. And the same is true for any ideology. A little historical review that shows the manipulations on both sides: See: http://www.sott.net/article/213033-Remembering-the-Warsaw-Uprising-66-Years-Later

It was the first thing i thought when some extra Russian forces entered Crimea, I would be glad if Russian troops entered into the hole territory of Ukraine.
Putin is so demonalized by West media, and people believe in that. I’m sick of listening that he is facist, they compare him to Hitler.

They sign the political part of Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU.
Ukraine and the European Union have signed the political chapter of their Association Agreement.

The signing ceremony, which was attended by all heads of state and government of the EU member states, as well as the presidents of the European Council and the European Commission, and Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk, took place in Brussels on Friday.

The document was signed by Yatseniuk, European Council President Herman Van Rompuy, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and the leaders of the 28 EU member states.

In particular, the sides signed the preamble, Article 1 and Titles I, II and VII.

In the preamble the EU acknowledges the European aspirations of Ukraine and welcomes its European choice, including its commitment to building a deep and sustainable democracy and a market economy. It also states that democracy, respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, and the rule of law are essential elements of the agreement.

It also promotes the independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of Ukraine's borders, which is important for Kyiv in the present circumstances. It mentions political association and economic integration, the fight against organized crime, visa liberalization, etc.

"This Agreement will not prejudice and leaves open future developments in EU-Ukraine relations," reads the preamble.

Article 1 outlines the aims of the document, which establishes "an association between the Union and its Member States, of the one part, and Ukraine, of the other part," to promote gradual rapprochement between the parties based on common values and close and privileged links.

"To promote, preserve and strengthen peace and stability in the regional and international dimensions in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter, and of the Helsinki Final Act of 1975 of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe and the objectives of the Charter of Paris for a New Europe of 1990," reads the article.

Title I is dedicated to general principles, Title 2 to political dialogue and reform, political association, cooperation and convergence in the field of foreign and security policy, and Title VII to institutional, general and final provisions.

_http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/197182.html

I don't get it, can 'our government' sign this agreement whithout referendum?

Perceval said:
lux said:

Well if it happens naturally without any force then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Me too. Poland is too little and weak to be independent at that geopolitical location. I'd rather see Poland under the long-term patronage of real loyal ally even at the expense of their own aspirations than torn by partitions by neighboring countries or occupation that which is just stronger at the moment. And the Poland itself should take this into account and strive to find a solid position, at the expense of their own aspirations of power and authority, but for solicit safety of citizens and peace. History shows us that Poland was not able to create a strong state alone, and lack of effective cooperation and seeking alliances in the right place, meant that Poland was threw to be devoured. Wait and see.

Hah - i red in news today that Putin said that Russia will respond to further sanctions asymmetrically -this will add some more wrinkles to somebody's profiles :ninja:

My neighbors work in the hospital.
She told that few days ago to her husband into the hospital was brought one man who has a 4 bullet's wounds.
It happened on the patrol station, one man start peeing in public. Another man asked him to stop. The first man took out a gun and shot at him 4 times. He was brought to the closest hospital, hopefully he survive.
It is some sort of free zone for psychopaths for their actions, when such unstable situation in country.

Siberia said:
Yozilla said:
Hah - i red in news today that Putin said that Russia will respond to further sanctions asymmetrically -this will add some more wrinkles to somebody's profiles :ninja:

ups..

2vt7f2u.jpg

here are some sunctions(not all) that Russian people done itself for Obama and others)
http://ura.ru/content/svrd/20-03-2014/news/1052177347.html

It is basically indivudual sactions of people, for example honey shop in Siberia put up a sign that Obama is not allowed to enter this shop.
Also there some sunctions on Russian websites :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom