Richard Dolan

what I got from listening to it is that he either read only parts of the book and/or didn't understand that much of it.
in one statement he says paraphrasing: "I need more data to believe that this is actually the case then just from one guy out of the sixties (refering to Lobaczewski) who claims that it is that way (that there are people born without empathy and conscience)".
clearly he hasn't really researched the Topic because there is alot of scientific data out there that proofs this without a doubt.
therefore he questions the scientific validity of what Lobaczewski is suggesting in the book because he needs the data wich is out there if he would only study the subject more deeply.

I can certainly understand this attitude because I also had a lot of difficulty to grasp Psychopathy at the beginning.
I simply couldn't get my head arround it and what it really means to all of us and then tried to make excuses out of my lack of knowlege in this area. I think this Topic is one of those that needs time to really sink in before you really can get a grasp what it is and what it means.

As with anyone who doesn't fully grasp the full reality of Psychopathy and how it effects every human being on this planet either because of ignoring the subject out of hand or because of a lack of knowlege in this area this person can not fully grasp the fascistic reality we live in today.
period.

I've listened to a lot of his recent radio shows and if there is one topic he misses completly then it is Psychopathy.
Without that there is no way for him or anyone else to grasp the full reality we live in and worst those people are the most susceptible to fall into the trap of a Psychopath either on a Personal or wider basis.

It seems to me that Richard is spending a awful lot of time talking about his visions and illusions about the future (disclosure and high tech and such) while forgetting that only the here and now counts and what you are actually able to see and do objectively in the here and now.

I have found that many people just can't wrap their head around psychopathy, until they've been in close contact with one. It's difficult to understand the effects they have on someone, until it happens to you! This reminds me of what Laura's grandmother said "the wise man learns from his mistakes, the genius learns from the mistakes of others".

I have not met many (any?) people who are a genius. Myself included! So I doubt Richard Dolan will grok the subject without the experience. Having seen the face of psychopathy up close and personal, I'd venture to say they are souless creatures!

I am quite disappointed that Dolan questions the validity of Lobaczewski, who risked his life to get this information out. He obviously misses the importance of his book, completely.

Lilou said:
I have found that many people just can't wrap their head around psychopathy, until they've been in close contact with one. It's difficult to understand the effects they have on someone, until it happens to you! This reminds me of what Laura's grandmother said "the wise man learns from his mistakes, the genius learns from the mistakes of others".

I have not met many (any?) people who are a genius. Myself included! So I doubt Richard Dolan will grok the subject without the experience. Having seen the face of psychopathy up close and personal, I'd venture to say they are souless creatures!

I am quite disappointed that Dolan questions the validity of Lobaczewski, who risked his life to get this information out. He obviously misses the importance of his book, completely.

Richard made a decision to 'not look in certain directions' quite some time ago. I can't say why since I'm not Richard, though I would think it had something to do with 'going along to get along' and his bread and butter. When a person does that, though, when he consciously chooses a lie, his thinking necessarily deteriorates. If Richard said that about Ponerology, then it's a great example of that. There is no 'gray area' about that book, no room for subjective interpretation - it is very, very clear and very very sound. It's unfortunate that Richard is unable to grasp that, because that alone means that he is unable to grasp a LOT of other things. I like Richard, so it's really uncomfortable to watch him unravel in this way, but choosing a lie does that to a person and there is no way around it.

anart said:
Richard made a decision to 'not look in certain directions' quite some time ago. I can't say why since I'm not Richard, though I would think it had something to do with 'going along to get along' and his bread and butter. When a person does that, though, when he consciously chooses a lie, his thinking necessarily deteriorates. If Richard said that about Ponerology, then it's a great example of that. There is no 'gray area' about that book, no room for subjective interpretation - it is very, very clear and very very sound. It's unfortunate that Richard is unable to grasp that, because that alone means that he is unable to grasp a LOT of other things. I like Richard, so it's really uncomfortable to watch him unravel in this way, but choosing a lie does that to a person and there is no way around it.

Pretty much. I think it was a combination of knowing which side his bread was buttered on AND pure, gut fear of real reality. What is sad about that is the loss of a real champion and protector to his family. Never ceases to amaze me to see parents who claim to love their children, their partners, sooooo much, but certainly not enough to learn about and face the truth of reality so as to better protect them. I mean, if there is, in his mind, even a small percentage of a possibility that Lobaczewski could be right, shouldn't he turn over ever stone and look under every bush to KNOW that truth for the sake of his family?

At least for me, Lobaczewski hit the nail squarely on the head - summing up how the state of our world ended up this way. In other words, how the lunatics came to be in charge of the asylum!

It is a heavy read, has there ever been anything further on "ponerology for dummies"? I do recall the lady that was working on it passed away, was there a partial manuscript that could be finished? I do think it is important to get it published in easier language. I wouldn't mind helping on this either.

voyageur said:
Granted, Richard often has some interesting things to say, yet on channeling, he talks about it “exploding” on the world stage of late and fails to acknowledge that historically, going back thousands of years, channeling was a tool in some societies and it seems to have been well utilized (by discerning people) as an accurate measure within their societal objective reality. Richard, having walked away from hyperdimensional aspects of the UFO equation, seems akin to our dismissing what lies outside our measured spectrum, only focusing on the known scale, and not thinking about adjacent possibilities or how that scale can be influenced by what can’t be seen and measured. However, he also acknowledges NRO's likely advanced understandings to that of NASA's for instants, yet he does not know the extent either and does not understand that perhaps these extents very much factor hyperdimensional reality, osit.

My husband is a leading ufo researcher and friend of Richard Dolan, so I know a bit about this topic. It is verydifficult for people trying to bust through to the mainstream, to do so without catering to--- or compromising with, some of the dominant beliefs and assumptions of the elite. When you finally start to make headway, do you think it would be wise to take on something like 'ponerology'? From an idealistic perspective...yes...of course. From a practical perspective, you have to approach overthrowing the dominant paradigm in a stealthy, covert way, if you are to be successful. Just something to chew on. I can understand the disappointment, but just wanted to give Mr.Dolan his due.

Any alternative researcher/author who wishes to make it big is going to have to compromise truth for something else. Personally, I'll pass on reading people with that kind of mindset. It's purely self-serving. Besides, why go into UFO research and try to "bust into the mainstream" as you put it? As time has proven, not gonna happen unless you conform to what the elites want. They clearly don't want ponerology discussed. What exactly about that means Dolan should "get his due". Due for what, selling out?

Heimdallr said:
Any alternative researcher/author who wishes to make it big is going to have to compromise truth for something else. Personally, I'll pass on reading people with that kind of mindset. It's purely self-serving. Besides, why go into UFO research and try to "bust into the mainstream" as you put it? As time has proven, not gonna happen unless you conform to what the elites want. They clearly don't want ponerology discussed. What exactly about that means Dolan should "get his due". Due for what, selling out?

You have moved well beyond the mainstream, no doubt, so what you are reading is not only appropriate for you but likely appeals to someone who possesses greater sensitivity and intellect than average.(you!) Think of people who, as adults, are being exposed to this stuff for the first time, though. I can't speak for Dolan but my assumption is he is trying to "bust into the mainstream", for the sake of eventually getting to a deeper truth--in the mainstream. I guess the point about being "self serving", has to be observed in a historical context. He has devoted a couple of decades to researching something that is considered despicable by his peers. It may have cost him a great deal, in terms of academic career, already. That is what I mean by giving him "his due". We are all sullied in some way-- by dent of our own personalities, the petrie dishes we are steeped in, survival issues, philosophical limitations. Unless we are actual psychopathic monsters, we ALL deserve our due.

Ponerology; the idea that psychopaths rule the world is a relatively recent revelation. My doctor nearly laughed out loud, when I told him I thought Obama was a skilled polished psychopath. "Are you a republican," he says, "a conspiracy theorist?"

That's the mentality of the mainstream AND many people who consider themselves enlightened iconoclasts...which is why I am happy I finally have the time and energy, to read and post here.

LisaR said:
You have moved well beyond the mainstream, no doubt, so what you are reading is not only appropriate for you but likely appeals to someone who possesses greater sensitivity and intellect than average.(you!) Think of people who, as adults, are being exposed to this stuff for the first time, though. I can't speak for Dolan but my assumption is he is trying to "bust into the mainstream", for the sake of eventually getting to a deeper truth--in the mainstream. I guess the point about being "self serving", has to be observed in a historical context. He has devoted a couple of decades to researching something that is considered despicable by his peers. It may have cost him a great deal, in terms of academic career, already. That is what I mean by giving him "his due". We are all sullied in some way-- by dent of our own personalities, the petrie dishes we are steeped in, survival issues, philosophical limitations. Unless we are actual psychopathic monsters, we ALL deserve our due.

Ponerology; the idea that psychopaths rule the world is a relatively recent revelation. My doctor nearly laughed out loud, when I told him I thought Obama was a skilled polished psychopath. "Are you a republican," he says, "a conspiracy theorist?"

That's the mentality of the mainstream AND many people who consider themselves enlightened iconoclasts...which is why I am happy I finally have the time and energy, to read and post here.

As Laura wrote in response to you in another thread:

Laura said:
... not to mention the fact that the forum guidelines clearly state what the ideas and perspectives of the owners and participants are, i.e. the C's material (The Wave, etc) and Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, etc. Also that it is an experimental Work forum, not just discussion and blowing off opinions and ideas without having FIRST done some WORK ON THE SELF.

In another post this evening you said that you'd had several glasses of wine which is the excuse I was giving you in my mind for why you've been so obnoxiously rude and aggressive. I'm glad that you've come to conlclusion, however, that this forum is not for you. We'll all be much better off, including you, since having to confront the level of self-importance that you have displayed is usually quite painful and not for the faint of heart. So, as they say, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

quote from Lilou:

It is a heavy read, has there ever been anything further on "ponerology for dummies"? I do recall the lady that was working on it passed away, was there a partial manuscript that could be finished? I do think it is important to get it published in easier language. I wouldn't mind helping on this either.

I would love to work with you on this Lilou. I've read the book twice and it has informed - and transformed -my understanding of the world, and it would be a great honor to help bring this crucial knowledge to others.

In the last radio show of Dolan a guy called in and questioned him about Laura.
one of the topics of this show was ascension and the many versions of it regarding to that 2012 date including chanelled new age stuff.
the guy obviously hasn't researched Lauras work in any depth and thereby statetet (out of hearsay I guess) that she or the C's have stated and/or supported the ascension scam on that famous 2012 date.

I'm not aware of any of this and in fact Laura and this network have stated more then ones that this whole 2012 ascension business is BS.
what is clear in the response of Dolan is that he also hasn't much of a clue of the work of Laura and this network.
that's fine, but I would like to just point out as most people here know that the work of Laura and this network is not based on believes of any sort but on the Work on the Self as described by Gurdjieff among others, and scientific research as a way to see the world, and become, as objective as possible in order to be of better help for others.

Show 30 –11/03/12 –
_http://www.globalradioalliance.com/gra-show-archives/richard-dolan-show-archives/

it starts at -26:30 until -22:00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for those who haven't noticed what Laura and this network think about ascension and/or awakening:

Is humanity on the verge of a global awakening?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7a8OdoNmnc&feature=plcp

Skepticism in Research:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBiUjiyddY&feature=plcp

Richard said:
I wouldn't trust any of his 'insights' regarding fascism, given that he doesn't believe some people are without conscience.

Hi Kniall,

I don't know if that quite follows.

From what I gather (without listening to the broadcast - bandwidth is expensive for my pockets) - Dolan can't believe that a human can be without a soul. Perhaps he believes a soul is the animating force without which life cannot exist. This doesn't mean that he doesn't believe a person can be without a conscience. So his hangup is about the necessity for a psychopath to be sans soul. And if that is the defining aspect of a psychopath, it would have to, from his belief system, negate the validity of the definition of a psychopath.

It's possible that he believes a person can have a soul but still be without conscience.

His insights into fascism may still be relevant despite his reservations on psychopathy.

Dolans view on psychopathy seems to have changed quite a bit since then.
After he watched I Am Fishead it seems it triggered some of his new thoughts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDIT55KeKc):

You can listen to it here:

Truth Out Radio With Richard Dolan - 12-01-2012:
http://kgraradio.com/portfolio-view/richard-dolan-show/

The relevant part is from 01:21:25 - 01:48:45

Pashalis said:
Dolans view on psychopathy seems to have changed quite a bit since then.
After he watched I Am Fishead it seems it triggered some of his new thoughts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDIT55KeKc):

You can listen to it here:

Truth Out Radio With Richard Dolan - 12-01-2012:
http://kgraradio.com/portfolio-view/richard-dolan-show/

The relevant part is from 01:21:25 - 01:48:45

Well that was positive, here are some headlines of what he touches on in the above interval:

-he introduces PP and stresses the consciense-less trait
-mentions newer studies portraying psychopats as a distinct species with distinct brain deficiencies
-about fishead and it's point about the system rewarding psychopathic behaviour
-the rippling effect of positive choices, as in millgram styled experiments where it shows if someone refuses to go against inner feelings of fairness then the next studysubject would be more likely to also choose with conscience.

parallel said:
Well that was positive, here are some headlines of what he touches on in the above interval:

-he introduces PP and stresses the consciense-less trait
-mentions newer studies portraying psychopats as a distinct species with distinct brain deficiencies
-about fishead and it's point about the system rewarding psychopathic behaviour
-the rippling effect of positive choices, as in millgram styled experiments where it shows if someone refuses to go against inner feelings of fairness then the next studysubject would be more likely to also choose with conscience.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Dolan mentioned that he's known about this kind of research for 5-6 years, but at first he didn't know what to think about it all, having been raised with the idea that "all people are born equal"--it was hard to accept that some aren't. He made a good point about the Milgram experiment. When a subject was exposed to someone refusing to give the shocks, they too were much more likely to refuse to give the shocks--social proof and all that.

Approaching Infinity said:
Yeah, it was pretty good. Dolan mentioned that he's known about this kind of research for 5-6 years, but at first he didn't know what to think about it all, having been raised with the idea that "all people are born equal"--

I think all people are born equal...psychopaths just aren't people. We're homo-sapiens, and they're homo-psychos.

Back
Top Bottom