Richard Dolan

This is a repost from the "911 Psy OP" thread, wich I think is fitting here:

Pashalis said:
Kniall said:
Much more dangerous than the 'conscious' disinfo agents are the ones who track the truth for much of the way, then veer off with subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) changes in direction. And they themselves can have no idea they are doing this. They might just have picked up some infected material somewhere along the way, absorbed it uncritically, then it gradually begins to colour and misinform their worldview, which they then adamantly insist is correct. Only a willingness to at least accept the possibility that they might be wrong can provide them the opportunity to track back and see if they can pinpoint the source of infection and remedy it with proper reasoning.

For now I'm inclined to place Wood in the same category as Richard Dolan. Brilliant research that has succumbed to ponerization because of insufficient quality control - not so much over the fruits of their labour as over their own lives. Which is ironic given their professed adherence to strict scientific principles. Eventually, of course, their fruits turn sour. See Dolan's After Disclosure, for example, where he got hooked on this idea that disclosure is inevitable.

With the difference that Dolan is and always has been a very polite person, a gentleman, and is a very good speaker and much easier to interview, OSIT.

By the way it seems that Dolan is spiraling downward and that isn't really a surprise either.

From his Facebook posts of the last couple of months it seems that he is near a breakdown of some kind. As far as I can remember he even suggested at one point that he might even have to quit because of all the stress. He now seems to be quite gloomy and depressed at times.

Also I think you can see it on his physical appearance compared to a few years ago.
It seems he bettet on the wrong horse and got involved and trusted the wrong people and he is now investing a whole lot of energy on things that doesn't really matter. He is in a draining feast. That is what happens if you close your eyes to reality....

It is sad, but it isn't as though Richard wasn't warned here, about exactly what seems to be happening now with him..:

Laura said:
Rich, in the words of Neil Diamond:

Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of bein' a king
And then became one
Well except for the names and a few other changes
I you talk about me, the story's the same one...

What you are writing, describing, etc, I could have said it all myself back when I got sucked into the Bridges-Weidner operation.

You know what happened? My readers started writing to me and saying "what the heck are you doing hanging out with those people?"

Well, what I was doing was responding to their offers to help me, to edit my stuff, to publish books, to have speaking engagements and "get the message out." That's what they offered me: a venue. I thought it was a good idea and I thought I could navigate it even though I could tell that we didn't see exactly eye-to-eye.

But when the readers started writing these things to me, like "you are selling out" or "do you realize what those people are into and believe?"
and so on, I had to stop and really think about it. I did some research and quickly discovered that, no, I don't want to be associated with those ideas. And then I did some "tests" to see what the universe would show me. And, of course, I had the Cs. But still, I had to make the choice and do what was right. And that meant I had to admit in public that I had made a big mistake and I wasn't in that "camp." It wasn't easy, but it was right.

And yeah, I've suffered ever since for it. And that's what confirms my choice.

Strait is the gate and narrow the way...

Laura said:
Excellent points, SeekinTruth, RichardS and Skipling. Unfortunately, again and again and again human beings have thought that they, individually, (or with a little inside info from "highly placed sources") could suss things out and make a splash or a difference. The results of this kind of hubris are why we are still in the soup all these thousands of years later. The greatest minds in our history have applied themselves to these types of issues, and the issues are still issues while the brains that hosted those minds are dust.

What the Cs have taught us, urged us, exampled for us, is that ONLY a network can do anything. And we aren't even 100% sure what we can do. Not just a network, but a specific kind of network: an esoteric circle in Gurdjieff's terms.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

All of that is made abundantly clear by Richard's two books.

Laura said:
[...]

Seems pretty clear that Dolan has been "handled" and if he's now getting "paranoid", then maybe he's figuring it out. Probably too late, though.

On the other hand, maybe he's not really paranoid and it was all part of a plan that he was privy to from the beginning.

Either way, it's revealing.

Laura said:
Hmmm... it strikes me that all this disclosure nonsense is a bait and switch tactic to distract attention from the growing 9-11 Truth agitation. The exposure of 9-11 truth would, as a by-product, in a very real way, expose the psychopaths in power in a way that was grokkable (is that a word?) by even the mainstream public. It could be said that Disclosure would do the same, however, psychopaths in power have a lot more leeway to control information and the public with disclosure because so much of the public is conditioned to the knee-jerk "oh, that's crazy" response.

In the same way that the whole contactee craze was started as a psy-op to ridicule and distract from previous disclosure efforts, so it seems that Disclosure itself is now being used to distract attention away from psychopaths in power.

Bottom line seems to be that Dolan, whether he intended it or not and whether he likes it or not, is now part of the psy-op.

Laura said:
[...]

Based on both their FB page posts and interactions, they're way too much "acting nice" and way too little "drawing the line" [Richard and his wife].

Laura said:
Pashalis said:
new video from Richard Dolan called" The UFO Cover-Up in 10 Minutes ": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxtKeWKPBs

last statement from Dolan: "the UFO secrecy, very soon, is going to be a thing of the past"

I think he's going to regret going out on that limb.

Some have to learn it the hard way....

I found this interview on youtube, interviewer is Dolan and he interviews one ex CIA employer that has 77 years and he is going to have kidney failure in few months if process of cleaning his blood fails(and his vow of secrecy expired in 2010) so he came out with the information about his work on project Bluebook that some things were fictitious. It seems by the look of Dolan s eyes that he was delighted that it confirms his research in this area, ego boost about him being right all the time. This old men speaks about Eisenhower administration and that he was sent to him and how president from first did not know what was actually done on alien question but threatened to sent army in area 51 if not given information. Then they showed this old men, so he could deliver that info to president, fallen Roswell craft, other crafts, video of alien autopsy and his boss interviewed one Gray alien that was there at the time, that looked Asiatic in face, then they went and gave that information to president Eisenhower who was concerned. It seems that he wanted to give information out before he died because of his conscience. From Dolan s reactions about alien interview when he said:"how did you feel about that?", it seems he has more positive approach, like it is something exciting, it is dangerous because there can be seen traces of worship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zPmGXr0XH4

Well, I'm not surprised to hear that some of the cases in Bluebook were faked so as to "run the project off the track" so to say.

My take on it was that Dolan was not necessarily buying the guy's whole story but he wasn't going to be rough on him because of his age and condition.

Some people, when old and semi-abandoned, will do things like this for attention and adulation. There were just parts of the story that were silly.

Well, I'm not surprised to hear that some of the cases in Bluebook were faked so as to "run the project off the track" so to say.

My take on it was that Dolan was not necessarily buying the guy's whole story but he wasn't going to be rough on him because of his age and condition.

Some people, when old and semi-abandoned, will do things like this for attention and adulation. There were just parts of the story that were silly.

I noticed that it looked sometimes that Dolan knew more then him about some topics but thought it could be to his old age and maybe memory loss, but it did not fall to my mind wish for attention, then when seen better he is contradictory in some things and then there is that saying about anti-gravity formula. Thank you for showing lack of discernment, area I must pay attention more.

I think Dolan was being kind and indulgent but also was skeptical; rightly so.

Laura said:
I think Dolan was being kind and indulgent but also was skeptical; rightly so.

He has said as much on his facebook page and radio show. Paraphrasing, he said he generally liked the man, and felt he was being generally truthful. However, Dolan was skeptical of many of the things the guy said and wonders how much is a result of his bad health and possibly failing mental condition. Basically, some of the stuff he said confirmed other things he has heard, but others struck him as being wrong.

He has said as much on his facebook page and radio show. Paraphrasing, he said he generally liked the man, and felt he was being generally truthful. However, Dolan was skeptical of many of the things the guy said and wonders how much is a result of his bad health and possibly failing mental condition. Basically, some of the stuff he said confirmed other things he has heard, but others struck him as being wrong.

I was wondering if he was skeptical about some information why would he put that information out, then as men s last dying wish I could understand it but thought it needed some clarification from his part and I did not find it. This clarifies things in the end.

Richard has just published his new book called: UFOs for the 21st Century Mind

http://richarddolanpress.com/21stcentury/ said:
A Fresh Guide to an Ancient Mystery

This is the new must-have UFO book. For beginners and experienced researchers alike, historian Richard Dolan covers the full range of this incredibly complex topic in his uniquely engaging style. Read the Introduction here.

He offers fresh insights on everything connected to UFOs: ancient aliens, modern encounters, abductions, channelers, the politics and cover-up, the black budget world, the bizarre science, the social dimensions (read YouTube and Facebook), the future, and much more.
Toward that end, Dolan gives practical insights on how to distinguish and investigate UFOs in today’s world, where we are flooded with claims and videos and data of all types.

In addition, as one of ufology’s pioneers in the deep analysis of the cover-up, he offers an original perspective on how it all works and why the cover-up, despite being so entrenched and insidious, is nevertheless bound to end. He also writes on the nature of contact, speculating on who these “Others” might be. Finally, Dolan takes the reader through the “weird science” of UFOs, covering everything from propulsion to spacetime to consciousness and more.

UFOs for the 21st Century Mind is a roadmap pointing the way forward in a field filled with uncertainty and obfuscation. In so doing, it is set to reposition an ancient phenomenon into a contemporary state of mind, reminding you just why the greatest mystery of our time is also one of the most important.

With a Foreword by George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM.

486 p. Illustrated

Contents:

Introduction
1. What Are UFOs?
2. Theories of Ancient Visitation
3. Into Modernity: Airships, Foo Fighters, and Flying Saucers, 1896 to 1969
4. UFO Secrecy and Those Who Fought It
5. Digging Deeper-The Breakaway Civilization
6. High Strangeness-UFOs from 1970 to 1990
7. UFOs, 1991 to the Present
8. Contact and Abduction
9. The Growth of Ufology
10. Who Are They? What Do They Want?
11. Weird Science: Propulsion, Energy, Spacetime, and Consciousness
12. Into the Future, Into Ourselves
Conclusion

Endorsements:

“In a field that can be so confusing, so complex, Richard Dolan has taken his many years of thinking about UFOs and written a completely fresh overview of the entire subject. . . . This is an ambitious work that truly ties the many different aspects of the subject together. It’s rare to find something like this, especially considering the care and thoroughness that went into it.”
– George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM.

“As a follow-up to his previous books exploring the relationship between UFOs and the National Security State, historian Richard Dolan widens his perspective to explore all aspects of this provocative phenomenon. In this role, he takes us on a journey that brings to life the subtlety and depth of this rich subject, a truly captivating read.”
–H. E. Puthoff, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin

“UFOs For the 21st Century Mind represents a new kind of book – one that clearly and intelligently addresses literally every aspect and implication of the most maligned, misunderstood and compelling subject in human history. Richard Dolan’s newest work is perfect reading for serious students of ufology as well as the absolute beginner. Inspired, particularly well written, and the product of a first class mind for this or any other century.”
–Peter Robbins, coauthor of the U.K. bestseller, Left At East Gate: A First-Hand Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident, Its Cover-up and Investigation

“This is an invaluable treatment of the known facets and seemingly endless implications regarding UFOs, with a much-appreciated focus on the human experience. A job well done, Richard.”
– Sam Maranto, Investigative Researcher

Publication Date: Jan 21 2014

Notice also the quite interesting cover picture of the book.

Pashalis said:

Looks pretty cartoonish to me. Not something I would take seriously if I didn't know the author and his history...

Heimdallr said:
Pashalis said:

Looks pretty cartoonish to me. Not something I would take seriously if I didn't know the author and his history...

Same here. I personally think the cover is funny in a tongue-in-cheek, Monty Python-esque way, but I'm not sure it gives the right impression.

Impressions of the cover:

The title (font/image) reminds me of how the main stream media portrays ransom notes from psychopaths holding someone hostage.

The lower image gives me the impression that he is not grounded, with his head in the clouds his mind is open to direct beaming from 'alien' technology.

FWIW

Approaching Infinity said:
Same here. I personally think the cover is funny in a tongue-in-cheek, Monty Python-esque way, but I'm not sure it gives the right impression.

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be funny, but it is more true than is realized based on the ToC. Somebody needs to read it to synopsize it. Volunteers?

Laura said:

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be funny, but it is more true than is realized based on the ToC. Somebody needs to read it to synopsize it. Volunteers?

I'll be reading it in February. There's also a more extensive ToC (with subheadings) in the Kindle preview on amazon.com.

Laura said:

I was thinking of reading it. I'll pick up the Kindle edition and give it a look.

Finished reading this book. A big chunk of this book seemed to be a rehash of stuff he's already covered. There were a few cases that were new and I enjoyed the section on Ben Rich, who used to oversee Lockheed's Skunkwork's division. In a 1986 letter to a friend and colleague, John Andrews, he believed in both man-made and extraterrestrial ufo's. He said many of our man-made UFO's are Un-Funded Opportunities. On 3/23/93, he spoke at the UCLA School of Engineering, and after the lecture, Jan Harzen, a senior executive with IBM and Director of the Orange County MUFON, and Tom Keller, who worked at NASA's JPL heard him say that "We now know how to travel to the stars," and "There is an error in the equations, and we have figured it out, and now know how to travel to the stars and it won't take a lifetime to do it." Later on it mentioned that Ben Rich didn't want the public to know the truth about aliens. He believed they couldn't handle the truth...ever. The predecessor to Ben Rich, Kelly Johnson, his attitude towards the extraterrestrials was negative. In a private conversation with Rich, Johnson implied the factions "out there" were more of a threat than a blessing, and the cost of having them around was "unimaginable" and "unbelievable."
Dolan covers a broad spectrum of topics from ancient aliens, reports and history covering the 40's through to the present, he covers a section on channeling, briefly talks telepathy, physics, abductions, and the book's ending focuses on disclosure and what will happen after it. At the end of the book it says he is working on the third volume to UFO's and the National Security State which is good as this book just felt like more of a broad overview on the subject of UFO's. No mention of Laura, although there was one footnote of Ark's regarding Tom Beardon and his science. No mention of Karla Turner. No discussion on psychopathy. I'm looking forward to his next book and hopefully it will be more thorough and detailed like his other books.

Back
Top Bottom