Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

Corvinus said:
If only I had some of that optimism seeing the world around me going to ruins, suffering never ending. Reminds me of that lotr scene of Boromir s death speech.

Hi Corvinus,

I'm curious.

Do you read the transcripts and do you take them seriously at all?

Corvinus said:
And despite the fact that STS is able to cheat, we can still win!
If only I had some of that optimism seeing the world around me going to ruins, suffering never ending. Reminds me of that lotr scene of Boromir s death speech.

Could this lack of optimism be due to an accidental "generalization from fictional evidence?" You know, Boromir's death speech may have had an emotional impact on you and other viewers, but remember that a story is already written. The protagonist has thread a single line into the future to "the end." It's the anti-thesis of rational analysis because it can't use probability distributions.

If you hadn't seen LOTR or similar, do you think you'd still feel that way?

Corvinus said:

Corvinus,

Although I am not a J. R. R. Tolkien aficionado I share your sense of pain in watching this struggle unfold. Take heart at least there is you, me and the rest of us cheering for any Knight brave enough to at least take up the quest.

I try to remember what the Cs have said and that helps me to keep going (think ISIS when you read the "take over" part):

Session 22 October 1994

Q: (L) Well, since there is so many of us here, why don't they just
move in and take over?
A: That is their intention. That has been their intention for quite
some time. They have been traveling back and forth through time as
you know it, to set things up so that they can absorb a maximum
amount of negative energy with the transference from third level to
fourth level that this planet is going to experience, in the hopes that
they can overtake you on the fourth level and thereby accomplish
several things. 1: retaining their race as a viable species; 2:
increasing their numbers; 3: increasing their power; 4: expanding
their race throughout the realm of fourth density. To do all of this
they have been interfering with events for what you would measure
on your calendar as approximately 74 thousand years. And they have
been doing so in a completely still state of space time traveling
backward and forward at will during this work. Interestingly enough,
though, all of this will fail.

Q: (L) How can you be so sure it will fail?
A: Because we see it. We are able to see all, not just what we want
to see.
Their failing is that they see only what they want to see. In
other words, it's the highest manifestation possible of that which you
would refer to as wishful thinking. And, wishful thinking represented
on the fourth level of density becomes reality for that level. You know
how you wishfully think? Well, it isn't quite reality for you because
you are on the third level, but if you are on the fourth level and you
were to perform the same function, it would indeed be your
awareness of reality. Therefore they cannot see what we can see
since we serve others as opposed to self, and since we are on sixth
level, we can see all that is at all points as is, not as we would want it
to be.

You know, I don't know all the details but in this case I don't mind the movie spoiler aspect. It makes me want to see just how they "fail" and how bad. :evil: ;)

Corvinus said:

We can understand Boromir - even empathize with him and his failings - without identification with his character and the attitudes and weaknesses he portrayed. To identify too closely with him would be self-defeating I think, and would be neglectful of one of the strongest and most valuable things we strive to attain for here: hope. But even hope has to be worked on! If we're not doing all we can with all of the tools at our disposal to serve love and truth as we're coming to understand it, and as it was mentioned earlier in this thread - then how can we expect the creative principle to assist us if we are not truly assisting it, or our future selves to meet us half way? Of course a lot of this may seem all too hypothetical. But how to know if there's something to it or not unless one commits one's self through efforts?

Ennio said:
Corvinus said:

We can understand Boromir - even empathize with him and his failings - without identification with his character and the attitudes and weaknesses he portrayed. To identify too closely with him would be self-defeating I think, and would be neglectful of one of the strongest and most valuable things we strive to attain for here: hope. But even hope has to be worked on! If we're not doing all we can with all of the tools at our disposal to serve love and truth as we're coming to understand it, and as it was mentioned earlier in this thread - then how can we expect the creative principle to assist us if we are not truly assisting it, or our future selves to meet us half way? Of course a lot of this may seem all too hypothetical. But how to know if there's something to it or not unless one commits one's self through efforts?

That's a very good point I think Ennio. Much of our struggle is involved in not losing "heart" or hope. If we can keep those it is more more than half of the battle I think.

Keeping the "quest" concept in mind here is another session remark that I think about:

Session 12 July 1997:

Q: “Or, perhaps, I am missing some important point(s), and if so
what is(are) this point(s)?”
A: When one is on a quest for true learning and higher knowledge,
there are no "missing points," only those not yet discovered!
Q: “How ‘long’ will they still be able to use the Cassiopaean
transmitter, should we start to take some steps thinking of the future
when the transmission point will have to be moved? Or, perhaps, this
is not something we have to worry about in advance? I would like to
know.... I do not like to be taken by surprise”....
A: No need to worry!
Q: Is there anything that you can say to help him with his worries?
He is probably gonna worry anyway...
A: "If one has the will of a Lion, one does not have the fate of a
mouse!"

Sometimes imagery helps me to see things more clearly. This whole struggle is much like a quest for truth and higher knowledge. The imagery of kingdoms and knights can be useful I think. Of course then I have to ask myself "am I a brave knight?". Some days I don't feel like one either but I try to re-saddle and keep going. :( :) FWIW

Corvinus said:
There is no need to project when the world is very dark place already.
Corvinus said:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you think it's rather pointless what we do or don't do as individuals. But isn't this exactly where "they" want to have us: convinced that we can't do anything? I think "they" are wrong. Remember this from the C's:

Session 11 March 1995 said:
A: Oh Terry, the battle is always there, it's "when" you choose that counts!

The battle is through us, and it's always there - it matters what we do! This is from the Hobbit:

Gandalf: I do not know. Saruman believes that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid and he gives me courage.

Then there's this from "The Wave":

The Wave 8 said:
We need to learn to interact directly with the cosmos in a personal way. Because it is only in direct interaction with this creative force of existence that we truly are our authentic selves. When we are navigating the maze under our own power, by our own choices, we are experiencing true freedom of being. We are able to see that one way does not achieve our destination, and we are free to turn around and try another. We are not forced to march in place, against a brick wall, not knowing that we are getting nowhere because we have allowed ourselves to be blindfolded by faith in some external source of power, be it material or philosophical or religious. We are free to be.

All in all, I think we contribute to the darkness when we "project negative energy outwards", which is acting mechanically and thus "in the dark" (the default state!). And because everything seems to happen "as above, so below", in a sense we are creating the mayhem of this world. But the good news is that we can also do something about it. In small ways, by putting one step in front of the other. Every time we manage to do the right thing in a given situation against our programs and habits is a victory over the forces that ruin everything. Every time we share something, we give something, we go beyond our limits, even in the smallest way, matters.

Just to give you an example - for over a year now I share articles and my opinion on facebook, and had to work against a huge resistance in myself. And I got slammed many times by so-called friends. And more than once I thought "what's the point?"I only got suffering and frustration out of it. But at one point, some people started writing me friendly comments and messages. And just a few days ago, a friend of mine called me twice (!) and wanted to know my position on political things... He was starving for some truth! Did I change the world? No, but maybe something comes out of it.

Also, if Ruppert Sheldrake is right with his "morphi fields" theory, then by everything we do, we make it easier for others to do so and strengthen "the good guys", so to speak. I think it really does matter.

luc said:
The battle is through us, and it's always there - it matters what we do! This is from the Hobbit:

Gandalf: I do not know. Saruman believes that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid and he gives me courage.

By the way, today is the birthday of another good man whose simple acts of kindness and love helped many people to proceed with hope. His name is John Lennon. :flowers:

fl9hs3.jpg

luc said:

I don't know. When I first read that, it made me feel 'all warm inside', but after giving it a little thought, I think that kind of thinking just plays right into the hands of the Psychopaths?

I'm not saying those kinds of small things aren't important because to me they are, but I don't think they're enough. 'The Kingdom of Heaven is taken by force' comes to mind. I'm also reminded of Laura's opening questions in Secret History around why is the world in such a state when most people want to be good and do good things - before her experiences and study of psychopathy.

No, it's not just a case of being kind to one another, doing good little deeds. Knowledge of the nature of our reality and of psychopathy is the only thing that could possibly "hold evil in check". But no culture or civilisation has managed it in our entire history, so who knows?

Putin's doing a great job at the moment, anyway :)

REMIND ME AGAIN WHY THE PROBLEM IS RUSSIAN AGGRESSION!!

Since 1979, the United States has carried out attacks, drone strikes, and coup d'etats against El Salvador (1980), Libya (1981), Sinai (1982), Lebanon (1982 1983), Egypt (1983), Grenada (1983), Honduras (1983), Chad (1983), Persian Gulf (1984), Libya (1986) , Bolivia (1986), Iran (1987), Persian Gulf (1987), Kuwait (1987), Iran (1988), Honduras (1988), Panama (1988), Libya (1989), Panama (1989), Colombia, Bolivia, and Peru (1989), Philippines (1989), Panama (1989-1990), Liberia (1990), Saudi Arabia (1990), Iraq (1991), Zaire (1991), Sierra Leone (1992), Somalia (1992), Bosnia-Herzegovina (1993 to present), Macedonia (1993), Haiti (1994), Macedonia (1994), Bosnia (1995), Liberia (1996), Central African Republic (1996), Albania (1997), Congo/Gabon (1997), Sierra Leon (1997), Cambodia (1997), Iraq (1998), Guinea/Bissau (1998), Kenya/Tanzania (1998 to 1999), Afghanistan/Sudan (1998), Liberia (1998), East Timor (1999), Serbia (1999), Sierra Leon (2000), Yemen (2000), East Timor (2000), Afghanistan (2001 to present), Yemen (2002), Philippines (2002) , Cote d'Ivoire (2002), Iraq (2003 to present), Liberia (2003), Georgia/Djibouti (2003), Haiti (2004), Georgia/Djibouti/Kenya/Ethiopia/Yemen/Eritrea War on Terror (2004), Pakistan drone attacks (2004 to present), Somalia (2007), South Ossetia/Georgia (2008), Syria (2008), Yemen (2009 and 2015), Haiti (2010), Libya (2011), Syria (2011), Ukraine (2014), Iraq (2015), Libya (2015), Yemen (2015), etc.

So, someone remind me why the problem is Russian aggression!!!
( Michael Rivero )

I agree, insofar as what has been said can be applied. This orientation of kindness acts and such are important, but as so many of us have already demonstrated, some kind of ability to defend ourselves and others is also necessary. Knowledge-based interactions that demonstrate the existence and importance of fundamental human values. There's little point in having all this knowledge and knowing those values if there's any unwillingness to defend them, I think. And actions influence the probabilities.

Russia's military intervention in Syria is expected to dominate Nato's defence ministers' meeting in Brussels

Nato chief says prepared to send troops to defend Turkey
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11918541/Russia-must-use-influence-to-protect-civilians-in-Syria-says-Fallon.html

Nato is to beef up its posture towards Moscow after condemning a “troubling escalation” in Russia’s air campaign in Syria, provocative Russian incursions into Turkish airspace and the continued menacing of the Baltic states, defence ministers said on Thursday night.

Jens Stoltenberg, the Nato secretary-general, said that the organisation intended to “send a clear message” to show that the world’s most powerful military alliance was prepared to act in defence of its citizens.

“Nato will defend you, Nato is on the ground, Nato is ready,” he said.

Nato ministers added they were also ready to deploy its rapid response force to the south “including in Turkey” where Russia this week twice flew into Turkish airspace. “Nato is able and ready to defend all allies, including Turkey, against any threat,” Mr Stoltenberg said.

Ankara: No Request for NATO Troops in Turkey
http://en.alalam.ir/news/1747029

Ankara says it has not made any requests for NATO military forces to be sent to Turkey as a row with Russia over reported Turkish air space violations by Russian jets seems to be cooling down. Turkey’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Tanju Bilgiç made the remarks during a press briefing in the capital, Ankara, on Friday.

The comments came after speculations that senior authorities in Ankara had sought the deployment of NATO troops in Turkey over the alleged violation of its airspace by Russian aircraft stationed in neighboring Syria.

NATO's chief also recently said that the Western military alliance was prepared to send forces to defend Turkey.

Ashton Carter: U.S. to end Syrian rebel training program, instead will work with Kurds
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/9/ashton-carter-us-end-syrian-rebel-training-program/

The U.S. will overhaul the failed Syrian rebel training program, working more closely with capable Kurdish and other forces in Syria, U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said Friday.

No details were immediately available, but the $500 million program to train and equip moderate Syrian rebels to fight the Islamic State group is widely considered a failure. It has produced fewer than 80 soldiers, many of whom had fled, been captured or killed in early fighting.

Carter said at a news conference in London that the work the U.S. has done with the Kurds is a good example of an effective approach with a capable, motivated ground combat force. He did not provide more details.

U.S. officials have said the new effort would focus more on embedding recruits with established Kurdish and Arab units, rather than sending them directly into front-line combat. Last week, a commander of one of the U.S.-trained rebel units turned over a half-dozen U.S. vehicles to extremist militants.

Instead of fighting IS in small units, the U.S.-trained rebels would be attached to larger existing Kurdish and Arab forces. They would be equipped with U.S. communications gear and trained to provide intelligence and to designate IS targets for airstrikes in coordination with U.S. troops outside of Syria, the officials said.

The $500 million training program has been beset by a series of embarrassing setbacks. The first group of trainees largely disbanded soon after they were sent into combat; some were captured or killed, while others fled. A second class yielded only a small number of new fighters, drawing criticism from U.S. lawmakers who condemned the program as a joke and a failure.

Saudi Increases Arms Supplies to 3 Syrian Terrorist Fronts
http://en.alalam.ir/news/1747047#

Saudi Arabia is ramping up its supplies of lethal weaponry to three different rebel groups in Syria in response to the Russian airstrikes on Syrian rebels, British media reported, citing a Saudi government official in Riyadh. The official, who was speaking on condition of anonymity, said supplies of modern, high-powered weaponry including guided anti-tank weapons would be increased to the Arab-and Western-backed rebel groups fighting the forces of Syria's President Bashar Assad, the BBC reported on Friday.

He did not rule out supplying surface-to-air missiles to the rebels, a move resisted by many in the West for fear that they would fall into the hands of ISIL and end up being used to shoot down warplanes of the US-led coalition or even civilian airliners.

He said the weapons would go to three rebel alliances — Jaish al-Fatah (Army of Conquest), the so-caled Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Southern Front.

On October 2 the United States and its allies — Britain, France, Germany, Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia — urged Russia to end its airstrikes against the forces of the so-called “moderate opposition” in Syria, warning this would further escalate the conflict and lead to a new weave of extremism and radicalism in the war-torn country.

Russia insists its aerial campaign in Syria exclusively targets the forces of the ISIS terrorist group.

In Russia, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday Russia's airstrikes against terrorist groups in Syria will continue while Syria's government-led army carries out its ground offensive, Spuntik News reports.

Russia asks: What are US, allies bombing?
http://presstv.ir/Detail/2015/10/08/432546/Russia-US-Daesh-Syria-Iraq

Russia has expressed regret that Daesh has grown in strength since the US and its allies started bombing targets they allege to belong to the Takfiri terrorist group in Iraq, calling the campaign’s mission into question.

"The territory ISIL (Daesh) is controlling in Iraq has not shrunk as a result of the airstrikes the coalition has been delivering for over a year. The number of militants has grown,” said Director of Russian Foreign Ministry’s Department for New Threats and Challenges, Ilya Rogachyov, Russia’s Interfax news agency reported on Thursday.

The United States and some of its allies have been conducting airstrikes against what they say are Daesh positions in Iraq since August 2014. The assaults have failed to dislodge the group, which has overrun about a third of the country.

"We think that the recoupment of losses ratio is larger than one. I mean more people are joining than ISIL loses in the hostilities," said the Russian official.

Daesh’s financial capacities have definitely grown over the recent year, said Rogachyov, who pointed to the increase in oil production by the group.

"So, what have they been bombing? The air superiority which is not questioned by anyone or anything should have had an impact on such things as crude exports. The coalition's Air Force is not efficient by these parameters," the official said.

Some members of the US-led coalition have also been pounding purported Daesh positions inside Syria without any authorization from Damascus or a United Nations mandate since last September. The mission has similarly fallen severely short of dislodging the terrorists, who have likewise seized about a third of the violence-scarred country.

Rogachyov said he did not consider the campaign in Syria to be efficient either.

Some news about The Netherlands, one of the best friends of the US and cowards extraordinaires :evil:.

_http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/10/syrian-president-assad-must-go-dutch-foreign-minister-tells-mps/

This cheered me up no end (the VVD is a political right-wing party):
Meanwhile, Russia’s decision to join in the anti-IS mission in Syria has tempered the VVD‘s enthusiasm for getting involved. The Netherlands is involved in the bombardment of IS positions in Iraq and pressure was mounting to expand this to Syria. The VVD, one of the two parties in the Dutch coalition government, had supported widening the Dutch mission. However, defence spokesman Han ten Broeke said on Thursday that it would not now be sensible to take unilateral action. Since the Russian intervention, Syria has become ‘so busy, full and dangerous that no more countries should get involved.’

But at the same time Dutch and Belgian ministers of Defence have joined other countries (Denmark, Norway, the Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal and Greece) in their purchase of precision bombs.
_http://www.nu.nl/politiek/4141222/nederland-en-belgie-in-navo-groep-aanschaf-precisiebommen.html

So, it looks like World War 3 is in progress, except that instead of major countries and superpowers fighting each other directly, they're fighting in Syria through terrorist factions.

Corvinus said:

Boromir failed because he lost hope, and looked for an outside source of power to 'solve everything'. He was blind to the corrupting power of evil, and how it can use hopelessness and despair as a way in.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

As to hope, let me quote a conversation from another film. This is a conversation between past and (potential) future self.

[Charles reads Logan's mind, and appears in the future]

Professor X: Charles.

Charles Xavier: Charles.

[looks around]

Charles Xavier: Is this what becomes of us? Erik was right. Humanity does this to us.

Professor X: Not if we show them a better path.

Charles Xavier: You still believe?

Professor X: Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever. Sometimes, we all need a little help.

Charles Xavier: I'm not the man I was. I open my mind up and it almost overwhelms me.

Professor X: You're afraid. And Cerebro knows it.

Charles Xavier: All those voices... so much PAIN.

Professor X: It's not their pain you're afraid of. It's yours, Charles. And as frightening as it may be, that pain will make you stronger. If you allow yourself to feel it, embrace it, it will make you more powerful than you ever imagined. It's the greatest gift we have: to bear their pain without breaking. And it's born from the most human part: hope. Please Charles, we need you to hope again.

https://youtu.be/LbQ7DL1fAU8

So - if you could talk to your future self what you say? What would your future self tell you with it's perspective to look back on your life?

Choking on headlines
struggling to breathe
no god to turn to
no faith to believe
I started praying to someone
felt them praying back at me
looking upon me
with their future eyes to see..
‘Hows it looking down there love?
Hows it feel to be free?
Hows it looking down there love?
saying ‘what will be will be’

Free in the slipstream
waves dancing in my ear
I was hoping for answers
I was open to hear
‘Hows it looking up there son
now all the sorrow’s done
Hows it looking up there son
now all them wars been won?’

I heard them say..
“If you could see what I’ve seen
If I could show you my view
You would pick up the fight now
Just like you’ve got to do
If you had seen what I’ve seen
If I could show you my world
Just like you know you should”

Stuck in the middle
caught in the time
one life got to live it
say I, me, mine
how’s it looking out there child
way across the sea
how’s it looking out there child
living so far away from me

I heard them say..
“If you could see what I’ve seen
If I could show you my view
Just like you’ve got to do
If you had seen what I’ve seen
If I could show you my world
Just like you know you should”

Bonds to be broken
Minds to be won
I picked up my pen
I drew the gun

https://youtu.be/KzKuT5wxJSc

Buddy said:
So, it looks like World War 3 is in progress, except that instead of major countries and superpowers fighting each other directly, they're fighting in Syria through terrorist factions.

Horribly so, I'm afraid. And it could get totally out of hand on a dime.

Back
Top Bottom