Seeking Advice on How to Reach Spiritual/Moral Bankruptcy in Order to Progress

Shelby

The Force is Strong With This One
First of all thank you Shelby for sharing your experiences with us and opening up this discussion. All these perspectives help me once more to see and value the networking and learning that is freely and naturally shared here (if we are truly asking and open) and to realize we are not alone in our choices and paths, in our effort to see ourselves and the world ever more objectively while striving also to be of service to others in the best way we can.
Shelby, I would like to thank you for opening this thread.
I came across your post by chance and it resonates deeply within me.
Thanks for the thread, Shelby. It has provoked some self reflection in me. I think I learn more from an others's threads sometimes, due to the distance of it not being my own.
I am so glad that this thread was also helpful for you guys as well! It can be a bit nerve-wracking to post here on the forum for the reason of not wanting to waste peoples time and energy (and in an egocentric kind of way, worrying about what other people will think of you. Silly ego!). So it's really great knowing that it also was helpful for others and not just myself.

Some things are obviously hopeless, I can see it when I watch the news and people who govern the world!
But individually, I Know that we can help at least a little bit, and this forum gathers so many aware people that seeing this, I can't be but sure that there is hope.
I agree! This world is nuts, but there is hope.

This comes to me sometimes when reading an article posted on SM or on SOTT. The thought of something like, "This really happens." I'm thinking of wars and human atrocities.
It's funny because, about a week or so after I posted this thread here on the forum, I was reading from book 7 of The Wave series, and from what I was reading, things kind of started to hit me in a different way than they had been previously. Kind of like what you just said, I started to feel and think, "this really happens", like a light bulb kind of went off in my head. I've kind of started to see things in a different way.

Before (like when I wrote this post), I just 'knew' in my head about all of the control that was placed on us here on earth from 4D, that when we are asleep (like most of the population), we really have no personal choice like we think we do, we are just being 'herded like cattle' and doing exactly as 4D STS wants us to do, and by doing this we are giving them power. We are machines, as Gurdjieff says. I knew this then, but it didn't FEEL real and I couldn't really see it, things just still looked normal to me. But lately, I've started to have little moments where I could actually see the reality of this world on a more personal deep level, instead of just knowing it in my mind. Something will happen or I will hear something on the radio or someone will tell me something, and in that small moment, I understand the part that 4D STS is playing in it, and it is so disturbing and makes my stomach drop and gives me the heeby jeebies. I'm not sure how to explain it exactly, I think you (and others from the forum) probably understand what I am trying to say about how it feels in those moments. It's just that it's actually becoming real, not just something from some books that I read. And from it becoming more real, I think that it's increasing my awareness and making me pay attention more.

But I do not believe that I would have started to have these glimpses if I wouldn't have posted about it here on the forum. From all of the responses from everyone, the biggest thing I learned was that I didn't need to force it. And from not trying to force it and not having any anticipation about when and how it was supposed to be, I think it was able to just play out more naturally. At least, that's what I THINK happened, I could be wrong.

But the point is, I am so grateful for everyone who took the time to reply to this thread!!! Your insight and perspective brought me a lot of understanding and growth that came afterward. So thank you!!

hlat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I think 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey will be very helpful for you.

Mariama

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I think 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey will be very helpful for you.
I agree, Shelby. I don't know exactly what it is about this book, but it seems to reinforce everything I have learnt this past year or so from Jordan Peterson videos, and (the mirrors from) this network. Covey writes about developing our changeless core based on principles and with that core we can change and adapt to whatever life throws at us. Although I have finished the book I keep reading it and finding little gems. A few days ago I could actually feel that changeless core in myself at a visceral level, maybe for the first time in my life and it felt solid. It is like a grounding force so to speak. It made me realise that I can change and adapt and this gives me hope. What also helps me is when I compare myself to who I was yesterday, last year, 5 years ago and so on as Chu said. The change I see in myself is truly phenomenal (well, that's how I see it :-D). Another helpful tool is to think of all the things I do in one day or a week and notice all my accomplishments - big and small - linked to my own principles compared to say a few years ago. Even if it's just working in the garden, knowing my neighbours appreciate my efforts, remaining calm when others are verbally abusive, not giving in to that piece of cheese that my kids bought and so on. That's also hopeful! And then with that in the back of my mind I will tackle the next thing I wish to accomplish.

Shelby

The Force is Strong With This One
I think 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey will be very helpful for you
I agree, Shelby. I don't know exactly what it is about this book, but it seems to reinforce everything I have learnt this past year or so from Jordan Peterson videos, and (the mirrors from) this network
So crazy, I just opened my computer to get on Amazon and download a new book to my Kindle, not knowing what it was going to be. When I opened my computer, these notifications from the Forum popped up and I looked at them first. Guess there’s my answer on what I should read! Lol

I have actually read this book twice before, but that was 3 years ago before I started digging deep into ‘The Work.’ I’m excited to dig back in now with a new perspective, I’m sure I’ll dig up so many more “gems” as you called them Mariama 😊 thank you guys so much! 🙌🏼

Top Bottom