Session 10 October 2015

lux said:
@Psalehesost

I just wanted to say, that if somebody doesn't make connections with others, then he isn't developing properly and problems may start appearing.

G. had proper connections with others, even if he sometimes caused controversy. His abstract views on the world, incomprehensible to many, didn't block relationships with others, yet changes its position in relation to others.
You do not know at all the situation in Poland.
I was attending a course and a young student told me that he had been unable to make any friends in Poland for 15 years now. He also told me it used to be different before. It is not even possible to find someone to go out with you to have a chat in a cafe, that is what he told me.
Some of you are inconsistent and tell me that it is healthy not to isolate, the others tell me why I need someone to talk since I should be happy being alone, which is contradictory, or is it not???.
If I criticise the situation and give you my view that it is abnormal, you keep attacking me, telling me why I do not say that everything in the world is perfect, or is it???
Some of you tell me that I should accept any burden of living and turn a blind eye to people suffering in concentration camps since suffering is glorious. This is more or less what Catholic Church have been telling people in the Middle Ages and they still do that.
Some of you avoid direct confrontation and discussion giving your view for it is too difficult for you to think for yourself. Problems I talk about are too difficult for you to understand and you feel uneasy, so instead of trying and finding a way out of the situation you prefer simple answers or advise me to read a book or that I should be kicked out of the forum.

It is inconvenient to say publicly "the emperor has no clothes" as it disturbs people. The forum is for you to network to understand better this world and yourselves through a constructive thinking. We can live in this world and we still have the right to criticise it as it is us who can make changes to this world.

MariuszJ said:
Some of you are inconsistent and tell me that it is healthy not to isolate, the others tell me why I need someone to talk since I should be happy being alone, which is contradictory, or is it not???.
If I criticise the situation and give you my view that it is abnormal, you keep attacking me, telling me why I do not say that everything in the world is perfect, or is it???
Some of you tell me that I should accept any burden of living and turn a blind eye to people suffering in concentration camps since suffering is glorious. This is more or less what Catholic Church have been telling people in the Middle Ages and they still do that.
Some of you avoid direct confrontation and discussion giving your view for it is too difficult for you to think for yourself. Problems I talk about are too difficult for you to understand and you feel uneasy, so instead of trying and finding a way out of the situation you prefer simple answers or advise me to read a book or that I should be kicked out of the forum.

It is inconvenient to say publicly "the emperor has no clothes" as it disturbs people. The forum is for you to network to understand better this world and yourselves through a constructive thinking. We can live in this world and we still have the right to criticise it as it is us who can make changes to this world.
What you want?

MariuszJ said:
I just do not see any way to find companions in this world. Females that I have met are either withdrawn or promiscuous. I need normality so badly and I can't find it.
Change yourselves by working on you, or change the environment in which you live and find people similar thoughts :)

miharo said:
Where does one get a good Winter coat?
The outdoor clothing company Patagonia...
Actually, I switched some years ago from outdoor clothes to workwear. Outdoor clothing is lightweight, fast drying but expensive and not very durable. I never had a Gore Tex coat that was waterproof for more than 1 or 2 years.
So maybe you want to go to your “local” amazon homepage or just google for ”workwear+coat” to get an idea what I mean.

I'm not sure if this type of thing would be appropriate for 'winter wear'. I guess it depends on the climate. This is the traditional Australian stockman's coat.
http://www.pacemakercoats.com.au/coats.html

This one is much more expensive:
http://store.drizabone.com.au/c/rain-coats/traditional-oilskin/104

I find the idea of self representation very interesting.I mean,we can theorize on how it may affect us/our lives,but coming from a practical viewpoint,what can we do exactly?I mean,this brings up the question of what is beauty exactly?I'm sure that many members here have many different ideas and styles that they would find beautiful.Wouldn't it vary based on age group/nationality/general background?If we choose to not identify with this world,that means anything to do with popular culture at all goes immediately out the window.No star wars or what have you.But does that extend to varying time periods?Like if you like Victorian era clothing for example,does that go out the window?What are we left with?Do we make up our own style?How do we do that if all options are off the table?I suppose that for those who can,we can start by focusing on diet and exercise to tone our bodies,but what of hairstyles?Or makeup for those who wear it.I think it'd be pretty odd (if funny) to suddenly start wearing a toga.I suppose that we ought to dress in a way that differentiates us from the ''norm'' yet isn't ''loud'' or offensive,but that's easier said than done. :huh:

lainey said:
... we can all learn from the interactions here. I just read all the posts Laura suggested and enjoyed/shared them.

Hi lainey,

I believe we can.

We mustn't forget it's the silent acknowledgements that are sometimes the more important ones. They are certainly more numerous.

We often gauge the direction (and validity) of a thread by responses from the vocal ones. But they're only a small percentage of those that follow this forum. I suspect many take in deep lessons reading this material -- but without openly saying so. They watch those being mirrored ... AND those that offer themselves up as mirrors. It's an instructive exercise I think. And their conclusions may or may not be reflected in the verbal consensus.

My own inclination is to encourage a free flow (except when it's pointedly disruptive.) The full impact of these discussions I suspect sometimes go further than we realize.

As confirmed by C's.

FWIW.

MariuszJ said:
lux said:
@Psalehesost

I just wanted to say, that if somebody doesn't make connections with others, then he isn't developing properly and problems may start appearing.

G. had proper connections with others, even if he sometimes caused controversy. His abstract views on the world, incomprehensible to many, didn't block relationships with others, yet changes its position in relation to others.
I was attending a course and a young student told me that he had been unable to make any friends in Poland for 15 years now. He also told me it used to be different before. It is not even possible to find someone to go out with you to have a chat in a cafe, that is what he told me.

So learn and have your own conclusion. You don't need to just follow commands but always is useful to get a feedback.

I know, that when someone really strive he can achieve a lot. And people often waiting for someone to create a social situation because they don't have themselves the self-confident/skills to be the first, but later enjoy new circumstances, even if you they previously maintained under the surface their social trends and needs.

Now, you just need the knowledge and you have it here. First read thoroughly the material contained here. Stop, and write here if you really will need it. You should be more consistent with group if your present here might be really fruitful. And you can achieve it although thanks to complement the material included on the Cassiopaea in your head. IMO

Good luck.

-Hi Hindsight Man,

Music, Art in its essence is to be used as a medium to spread awareness. That’s objective art/music. Everything else that does not share this message is subjective art/music and promotes in it most extreme form, ''entropy'' (Ego, narcissism)

Pop music in generally is exactly that. The lyrics speak for themselves.

Just as Music and Art can be objective, clothing can be wise-like. If you want to spread awareness dressing accordingly to your given audience may be helpful. Just like some job-interviews require suits to wear. If it helps gives the message across why not? It shows that you take their ‘customs’ into consideration. It’s a form of diplomacy.

Wearing provocative clothing can also be objective I think. It depends on the message. Someone on this topic mentioned he wore a 9/11 Truth T-shirts on 9/11 publicly. It causes uproar but also can give courage to those who see it and are afraid of shaming to speak out, it also tells that the fight is still ongoing.

Of-course we must not forget that clothing also serves a practical function otherwise we would not be able to spread any message in the first place. The upcoming Ice-Age in the northern hemisphere demands warm clothing for example.

[quote author= Hindsight Man]do with popular culture at all goes immediately out the window.No star wars or what have you.[/quote]

Key is. Not identifying yourself with it (Defining yourself, taking pride in it). It’s not about ignoring but to observe it. Sometimes mainstream movies spread awareness if one is able to listen.

Star Wars consist of such a message, Chancellor Palpatine created an artificially conflated war to trick the senate to granting him absolute power. That’s basically 9/11. It can help people think more critically.

MariuszJ said:

Well, it seems like your perceptions differ so greatly from the perception of other forum members here, that it's as if we are living in different realities. Which is ok. It just that it seems unfair toward you, that you are feeling constantly misunderstood and frustrated while trying to participate here. Therefore, it sounds logical if you would try to find a different and better place for you. After all, it is strange for a person to continue participating in a place that only attacks and insults him. As someone familiar with psychotherapy practice, you should know very well that it isn't healthy or productive.

bjorn said:
-Hi Hindsight Man,

Music, Art in its essence is to be used as a medium to spread awareness. That’s objective art/music. Everything else that does not share this message is subjective art/music and promotes in it most extreme form, ''entropy'' (Ego, narcissism)

Pop music in generally is exactly that. The lyrics speak for themselves.

Just as Music and Art can be objective, clothing can be wise-like. If you want to spread awareness dressing accordingly to your given audience may be helpful. Just like some job-interviews require suits to wear. If it helps gives the message across why not? It shows that you take their ‘customs’ into consideration. It’s a form of diplomacy.

Wearing provocative clothing can also be objective I think. It depends on the message. Someone on this topic mentioned he wore a 9/11 Truth T-shirts on 9/11 publicly. It causes uproar but also can give courage to those who see it and are afraid of shaming to speak out, it also tells that the fight is still ongoing.

Of-course we must not forget that clothing also serves a practical function otherwise we would not be able to spread any message in the first place. The upcoming Ice-Age in the northern hemisphere demands warm clothing for example.

[quote author= Hindsight Man]do with popular culture at all goes immediately out the window.No star wars or what have you.

Key is. Not identifying yourself with it (Defining yourself, taking pride in it). It’s not about ignoring but to observe it. Sometimes mainstream movies spread awareness if one is able to listen.

Star Wars consist of such a message, Chancellor Palpatine created an artificially conflated war to trick the senate to granting him absolute power. That’s basically 9/11. It can help people think more critically.
[/quote]

Granted,Star Wars did have a message in it.But most people completely missed it and that's sort of what I'm getting at.Even if not identifying with popular culture,most of it won't help bring context to any interaction.Since i live in Australia,for the most part it's relentlessly hot here,which limits my choice of clothing severely.
By ''loud'' clothing I meant having lots of bells and whistles,like goth kids for example (what would a goth reality look like I wonder?) and I'm just trying to pin down how one would ''let the light shine through'' in an ordinary way (not including circumstances where you need to blend in).Also,what I meant more specifically is,from my understanding Cassies said to dress in a way that would fit a reality you want to live in.I think we all of us here are working for a more ''aware'' world in a roundabout way and I'm wondering what would the people of such a world dress like.Would there be a ''uniform'' of sorts,some small detail perhaps that would let us recognize one another more easily among a crowd for example.

MariuszJ said:

I think you're confusing advice given for different circumstances here, MariuszJ. It is not healthy to isolate yourself from society completely and have no social interactions to speak of. But it's also not healthy to obsess over a particular type of relationship and using manipulative tactics to try to get it. No one is telling you you need to be happy being alone, in the finite sense, but that you should try to open your perspective on relationships and see if you can be happy being single, as it were. "Single" and "alone" are different things entirely.

Do you have a specific example you can quote here? I don't think anyone on this forum is under the delusion that the world is perfect. And remember that part of the Work we do on this forum is "tuning our reading instrument" in order to get closer to an objective view of reality. With this in mind, differing view points should be welcomed.

Again, do you have a specific example? Considering part of the raison d'etre of SOTT and this forum is to bring light to the suffering of the planet, and as a means of expressing "righteous anger" over the position we find ourselves in, I find it hard to believe you've been told to "turn a blind eye" to it. Maybe not obsess over it, but ignore it? I kinda doubt that.

Well, that's one interpretation. It could also be that people are recommending books because there is information in them that they can see you are lacking. It's very difficult to come to a consensus on anything if the parties involved don't share the same basic information. Could it be that, rather than avoiding confrontation, people are trying to help you by suggesting information you need that could actually help you?

Absolutely!

MariuszJ, it is really apparent from your responses that you are reading people's posts through a particular lens that is making you perceive it as attacks. Despite the fact that you've been told this multiple times, you seem unable, or unwilling to try to see things differently. Why not try reading responses to you as if the person on the other end was trying to help you, and that maybe they understand what you're saying more than you're currently giving them credit for?

Otherwise, I have to agree with Keit - it seems odd that someone would stay in a forum where he perceives every response as misunderstanding him or as an attack or insult. Very odd, indeed.

MariuszJ said:

I think you are projecting a lot here. All of the above is a misrepresentation of what people have been trying to tell you. Some of your statements are almost the opposite from what was said!

MariuszJ said:

MariuszJ,

As you know, in many places of our world the situation is way far from perfect. Take Syria or Ukraine, for example. But despite the horror of the situation, many people living in this countries still find strength to not lose heart and keep on standing up to their true selves and their values.

If the situation in that part of Poland where you come from is indeed so frustrating, it is your choice whether you align yourself with this spirit of alienation and desperation or not.

MariuszJ said:

I think there is no contradiction here. You may choose whatever is better for you: to stay alone or find a partner, and any such choice would be fine. The point is not to be fixed so much on the idea of finding someone. For some reason you believe that your happiness is out there, and until you find someone you cannot be happy. But the truth is, your happiness is right here inside you. It is only up to you whether you choose depression and apathy or piece of mind and hope.

MariuszJ said:

It is totally normal to criticize the state of the world, which is indeed in a terribly poor shape nowadays. But I think it won't help you to overcome your difficulties, if you blame all your personal problems on the state of the world or the situation in Poland.

MariuszJ said:
Some of you avoid direct confrontation and discussion giving your view for it is too difficult for you to think for yourself. Problems I talk about are too difficult for you to understand and you feel uneasy, so instead of trying and finding a way out of the situation you prefer simple answers or advise me to read a book or that I should be kicked out of the forum. It is inconvenient to say publicly "the emperor has no clothes" as it disturbs people.

I think you misinterpret the situation. Forum members avoid discussion and advise you to read the books first simply because in order for us to have a fruitful discussion, we need to make sure that we are all on the same page.

MariuszJ said:
The forum is for you to network to understand better this world and yourselves through a constructive thinking. We can live in this world and we still have the right to criticize it as it is us who can make changes to this world.

Fully agree with you about this, MariuszJ.

MariuszJ said:
Problems I talk about are too difficult for you to understand and you feel uneasy, so instead of trying and finding a way out of the situation you prefer simple answers or advise me to read a book ...
I found an interesting image,why it is important to be in touch, reading, learning...

12119073_10153302875923163_9093049215576739657_n.jpg

Hindsight Man said:
I find the idea of self representation very interesting.I mean,we can theorize on how it may affect us/our lives,but coming from a practical viewpoint,what can we do exactly?I mean,this brings up the question of what is beauty exactly?I'm sure that many members here have many different ideas and styles that they would find beautiful.Wouldn't it vary based on age group/nationality/general background?If we choose to not identify with this world,that means anything to do with popular culture at all goes immediately out the window.No star wars or what have you.But does that extend to varying time periods?Like if you like Victorian era clothing for example,does that go out the window?What are we left with?Do we make up our own style?How do we do that if all options are off the table?I suppose that for those who can,we can start by focusing on diet and exercise to tone our bodies,but what of hairstyles?Or makeup for those who wear it.I think it'd be pretty odd (if funny) to suddenly start wearing a toga.I suppose that we ought to dress in a way that differentiates us from the ''norm'' yet isn't ''loud'' or offensive,but that's easier said than done. :huh:
Well since Mouravieff focuses so much on women's clothing let's take a look at that. I was always kind of fascinated by the styles of the noblewomen in medieval movies. Their clothing and hairstyles conveyed a sense of elegance and grace that accentuated their feminine beauty. Such styles do not exist today except in very formal circumstances; the push has been toward a unisex look, and the feminine clothing that does exist today in the main seems to say "I'm hot, come and get me boy!" From a male perspective, it's like being attracted to a woman because of her grace as opposed to being attracted just because she makes you irresistibly horny. I think Gurdjieff makes this distinction beginning on page 981 of Beelzebub's Tales, where he talks about "woman-mothers" and "woman-females." Basically the difference is that a woman-female has all of the outward characteristics of femininity but none of the substance, while a woman-mother is still capable of transducing the "goddess" energies and has a more objectively nurturing essence. So I think on a practical level you kind of identify what sort of attitude the clothing puts out, and whether that could be seen as representative of being or nonbeing in that particular circumstance or neutral. For example, I don't see anything wrong with a woman who wears blue jeans and a T-shirt, but to me it doesn't add anything to her femaleness, nor does it really clash with it either the way a dress does on a man. I think the point is to choose clothing that has some taste or meaning, as opposed to something that provokes a mechanical response or seems representative of disintegration. Of course this description is only one specific instance, Bjorn gave some other contexts which I thought were equally valid.

As far as Mouavieff's bit about judging the deformities of the personality by the deformities of the body and making clothing to compensate, that's way out in theoretical land for me. I don't think there is anyone who can do this. It would take a person with an artistic sort of 6th sense who had a deep grasp of the 4th way concepts and then the Cassiopaeans would probably have to fill in the blanks in terms of technique and practice; assuming the notion is even factual.

It is interesting you mention Togas, because I thought they were cool. When I was first exposed to metaphysical ideas, I imagined certain grand councils meeting to discuss things and they were all wearing Togas, basically. It is also interesting you mention Star Wars because that idea sort of got carried through when you look at the Jedi Council. I wonder if there is some underlying principle being subtly conveyed in that story. On a more practical note though, I can't see wearing a toga around in public though, it would just draw way too much attention.

Since we're on the subject of art, I've found the recurring themes of elves and goblins in fantasy literature kind of interesting. Elves are usually portrayed as very fair, educated, and long lived beings who originated high culture and have the deepest understanding of magic. All of their technology seems reflective of nature and their cities blend seamlessly with it. Goblins on the other hand have very crude technology and behave more like Neanderthals. The elven society seems much more in touch with some higher creative force, while the Goblins are rather entropic. Sometimes you can have dark elves too, which seem to pop up as commanders of different species. Humans are depicted as somewhere in between. I wonder if the underlying principle that these writers tap into is some kind of distorted cross conceptualization of different densities and the STS/STO duality. Goblins represent a more devolved and fiercely STS state of humanity, while elves lead a naturopathic sort of quasi-4D existence where there are both STS and STO elements. The orientation of each side is fairly obvious through the relative elegance of the things they build. Humanity is stuck in the middle, with elements of both sides. Tolkien's Silmarillion even reads like a pseudoesoteric work.

Since the thread seems to be more about MariuszJ than the session at the moment, here's my take on the situation. I think MaruiszJ came here with a lot of new age baggage and because we talk about a lot of the same things and use some of the same terminology, he thought it would be easy to just jump right in and understand what we are talk about from the perspective we talk about it. There are some major lies sandwiching a few half-truths in his belief system, and I think he's starting to feel at some level that his belief system doesn't match the objective reality and that's why he finds himself in the situation he's in. First of all there is MAJOR, MAJOR identification with this aura photo thing. Yes, the conventional wisdom is that purple means you are supposed to be very advanced, I think the Ra material even says something similar when describing different chakra ray activations. However we know that material is very love & lighty and requires some serious discernment to discover what was more or less clear signal and what was the biases of the channeling team. MariuszJ got this alleged aura photograph and then read that it means he's a higher level soul and it became his central narrative. Whenever something goes wrong in his life, it is interpreted against the narrative of "I'm so advanced, and I'm from a higher density, and the lower vibrations of this density are so incongruous with my native vibration that I can't interact with it." Another subjective blinder in his belief system is "only positive experiences are acceptable." Some time back he wrote that he wondered if he could be excused from his mission because of the darkness of the world around him. Then, when I brought up the subject of negative emotions, he discusses realms where there are only positive emotions and that he doesn't really experience the negative ones. (I don't think it's true by the way, and I think he does deep down at some suppressed level) Then we go back to being a Wanderer and how that explains all of his misfortunes. All of his beliefs are filtered through his attachment to that aura photograph. If he would set that thing aside for a moment and acknowledge the possibility that it might be lead bar painted to look like a gold brick he would be a lot easier to talk to, but he is so attached to it that everything you guys try to tell him just bounces off. Now the narrative seems to be "Problems I talk about are too difficult for you to understand and you feel uneasy because I'm so much more advanced than you." He's so convinced that his aura makes him special, that anytime anyone comes close to challenging that narrative he views it as an attack. I have brought it up once again and I'm sure it will galvanize him even more. I try to leave the mirroring to the mods, because I'm being blunt here, and I'm sure this will be seen as just another attack. Maybe he really is advanced, but we know how this reality favors the stranglehold of the false personality. Until he can get out of it to a degree and deal with the problems of this reality, he is no different than the ordinary baseline human.

I think MariuszJ's cup is full, and it will take a "bankruptcy" to get him to let go of that aura identification. As far as finding a partner goes, I don't think he stands much of a chance of the true love type of relationship until he does some work to get out of his subjective bubble. If he does not want to do this, his best bet is to wait until some new agey type girl comes along and they can agree on things and it will be fun for awhile, but sooner or later he will end up right back where he is.

Back
Top Bottom